Aspen Ridge Retirement Residence - Bend, OR

Review of Aspen Ridge Retirement

What a fun atmosphere! The staff is friendly and so caring. The people that live there are so happy and joyful. I ate there and thought it was fantastic, love the salad bar

Review of Aspen Ridge

This community was clean. People smiling, residents looked good. The management team at that community are wonderful to talk to. Would recommend going forward.

Review of Aspen Ridge

My loved one is deeply cherished by the staff at ARMC. The care staff are attentive, thoughtful, kind and hard working. The management is involved in the lives of their residents and strive to have genuine connection with those living in their community. We feel lucky to have found such a great community!

Aspen Ridge is lovely

I toured Aspen Ridge and really loved it. It was my first choice personally, but my parents chose otherwise. I really appreciated the fact that they have “step-up” care levels right there, which would be great so that my parent s wouldn’t have to move more as their needs increase.

Frontier Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Older facility in need of an upgrade

I toured here when looking for a community for my parents. I really liked the marketing person, she was very helpful, but the facility was a little older and needed to be updated. I thought maybe there was a little bit of confusion in getting around the place because of multiple elevators. But it has some beautiful grounds that I think are very nice. They don’t offer memory care under the same roof, but it is across the road. So if one of my parents had to move, they would have to move across the street and that wasn’t ideal.

Very good choice!

We are really pleased with my mom's move into Aspen Ridge Retirement Residence.
The food is very good, she likes the selections that they offer. Chef Mike comes out of the kitchen to talk with the residents and to get their input on the menus. He tries to provide foods that compliment all dietary needs, desserts for diabetics is a real plus!
There are plenty of activities for the residents to participate in. They have a beautiful lobby with comfortable couches and a piano in it that frequently has someone playing it for the residents. My mom's room has a balcony with a view of a beautiful courtyard where they also hold events. They allow pets here and have a place to walk their dogs. Although my mom does not have her own pet she loves meeting and interacting with the pets and their owners. We highly recommend Aspen Ridge Retirement Residence.

Rather dark lobby and dining room. Building doesn't appear to be really well maintained. Price equal to most other places we've seen. Location good - near medical center.

2nd Review

Still unhappy with original placement, in Aspen Ridge Retirement community, Staffing level and competence level not able to care for and handle a moderate to severe Dementia patient.

Now have her in Memory Care, and she is adjusting.

Did Not have adequately trained personnel on duty!

Placed as advised, by Aspen Ridge personnel. Level 3, Assisted Living.

!. She has dementia. Had "her" normal behavior pattern. Able to function when multiply people around her. When in her room, she was totally non-functional; verbally abusive, not orientated to place and time. Repeated phone calls to her home number, from front desk !

2. Didn't get meds. as prescribed. Apparently, no one on her floor was authorized to give meds. Person attending her, either wasn't told /didn't ask about meds. Called me, in the Willamette Valley. to come and stay with her to try and calm her! Resulted in a hospital stay!

3. When released from hospital, finally took her Doctor's and Family's advise - admitted to Memory Care !

Nice staff

There have been a few minor issues, but nothing too major. The staff is very nice and they are very attentive and helpful. The facility is nicely decorated and clean. Everyone is very nice here. Not bad so far.

Aspen Ridge Marketing

We appreciate your review of Aspen Ridge. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of your loved one, and will continue to do so!

Helpful and nice

We haven't quite gotten moved in yet. We are supposed to move in in 2 weeks, but now there is a delay. I met with one of the staff members today and she was very helpful and nice.

Aspen Ridge Marketing

That is wonderful to hear! Looking forward to having your family here at Aspen Ridge.

They are doing a great job, we are very happy with them.

They are doing a great job, we are very happy with them. I would be hard pressed to give them anything but a five.

Not a good experience

Our loved one did not have a good experience here. The community did not follow through on a lot of things they promised during the sales phase. One is example is that the community claimed they had an apartment available for family members to use for a few days if they wanted to come for a visit. A week after moving in he tried to reserve the room to have some relatives come for his birthday the community told him that service was no longer available as they had filled the apartment.
They also had problems with the dining service, there never seemed to be enough food. Nearly every meal they would run low on some portion of what they were serving, sometimes even the entrees!
They also felt like the staff were not very friendly or welcoming, and no effort at all was made to introduce them to the community, and it was hard to get a hold of staff members to answer questions.

We made a good choice!

We are exceptionally pleased with Aspen Ridge. Mom is mostly settled and becoming familiar and active in the community. We have been impressed with the facilities , activities and staff. All of the staff have been friendly and helpful in getting Mom settled and comfortable.

...they were very good.

I found this community for a friend . It seems to be very clean. As far as my contact with their activities programs, I think my friend thought they were very good. The staff also worked with me when I was working on solutions for my mom.

Comfortable, welcoming home

Although my parents were adamantly opposed to any senior living facility, in the few short weeks they have been there, they have begun to feel like Aspen Ridge is home. I have spent quite a bit of time with them as they acclimate, and have been quite impressed with everything from the upkeep of the nicely appointed and landscaped facility to the attitude of the staff, from the variety of activities and resources to the comfort of the apartments. I feel supported, my parents feel welcome, we're all breathing just a little easier.

Very good candidate. Nice property an...

Very good candidate. Nice property and community. Unique with the choice of lovely cottages.

The Independent Retirement Wing is pe...

The Independent Retirement Wing is perfect for mom!

my m-i-l loved this place. Very knowl...

my m-i-l loved this place. Very knowledgeable person led her around. The place was extremely clean and well-cared for. The units were attractive. Overall a very positive experience.

Aspen Ridge features 60 indepenent beautiful and spacious apartments including 10 cottages in an active senior community, each with an outstanding view. At Aspen Ridge, our residents take advantage of opportunities for an active lifestyle.

You can start the day with an exercise class. Or, you can take a brisk walk or bicycle ride along our lovely landscaping or in Pilot Butte State Park. Join newfound friends for lunch, or maybe a round of bridge in our game room. Later, watch a movie in our community room, and then enjoy an afternoon tea. It's all up to you.

Aspen Ridge offers four distinct lifestyle living arrangements - including Independent Cottages, Retirement Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care - all within our campus.

Aspen Ridge is located near shopping, St. Charles Medical Center, doctor's offices and excellent restaurants. We are just minutes away from Highway 20 and Highway 97.