Prestige Senior Living High Desert - Bend, OR

Disappointing

When we first looked at this facility we were told about the food options and flexibility for dietary restrictions. Although they do not accommodate specific diets, the representative expressed an opening to meet clients needs. Unfortunately all means come down from a corporation who has been unwilling to consider our loved ones kidney needs when plotting items for meals. The food is horrible. Meat is rarely able to be cut and is often served like warm or cold. When residents united about improving the food, promises were made but food quality has not been changed. Alternatives are supposed to be available but rarely are prepared. Most of the staff are friendly but some are snappy and outright rude to our parent. The rooms are to be cleaned weekly but most often they are understaffed and not cleaned. The new director [Removed] (since they fired the staff) has not returned our phone calls and has been inaccessible when we have attempted to contact him. There are bright spot with the new activity director who really seems to care about the residents. It's interesting that the management treats the residents as if they should be lucky to live there when they should be treating them like residents who pay to live there. We are sadly disappointed in the experience of this facility.

Respite care

We needed respite care for my special-needs sister. She had a wonderful experience during her stay at Prestige Senior Living High Desert. The staff were warm and caring. The facility was beautiful and friendly. She enjoyed numerous activities each day. She'll be going back!

Attentive Staff

My loved one has only been there for about a month now, so it is a little early to tell, but so far the staff members have been attentive and they have fulfilled all of the promises that they have made.

A Pretty Good Place

I would say that the staff is very caring and knows everyone by name. They try to go above and beyond when they can. On a negative side, there have been multiple cases of missing appointments, like getting my dad to a doctors appointment. They have brought in a new management team to address some of the problems though. It is pretty good now.

I would not recommend them at this point

Let me this say that they are still having some issues and I would not recommend them just yet. At this point, I would rather not say exactly what the issues are, but hopefully we can get some things worked out.

Tiffani Schwarm

I am sorry to hear that. Please feel free to bring any concerns directly to us. Please know that we are working hard at providing the best care we can to our residents!

good intentions

We have problems with laundry not coming back in a descent time and items getting mixed up. We have have problems with medicine not being ordered so mom did without for a few days. The food at this facility needs updating. The wait time of getting food is very bad also. The staff has good intentions but some times they take too long in handling what mom needs. Overall several things need improving at Prestige Senior Living High Desert.

Poor Food

From a family member & resident in Bend, Or:

I am not complaining
any more about the food as it does nothing to get it any better...one
last time, we had "Pizza last night, mushroom & cheese....well, there
were 3 mushrooms on mine a piece about 3 inches by 6 and covered with
just plain tomato sauce no flavorings or spices...it was gastly and
un-eatable to say the least. Crust was hard as a rock and tough.

Tiffani Schwarm

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food. We are always happy to take suggestions and to address complaints. We do have a Food Committee every month and our Dining Services Manager is very open to feedback!

This place is beautiful but was told it was not really memory care so she would have to be moved once her memory got worse, this is something I didn't really want to face again. But I loved the apartments just beautiful.

Tiffani Schwarm

Thank you. You are right we are not a Memory Care Community. We need to ensure the safety and well being of our residents. Therefore, if someone has severe cognitive decline, we would want to refer them to a facility that will better meet there needs and keep them safe.

A bit different

They have a new person for activities – so hopefully that will be great too. They have a great location. The layout of the building is unusual. It’s not like a hotel. The food is a four. The laundry service is not great. The parking can be limited.

I wish I could give them a six! It’s...

I wish I could give them a six! It’s smaller community. There’s only sixty-eight people. They seem to really like her. The only complaint I have, if it’s a complaint, the food is never just right. When I’ve eaten there the food was okay, but I can chew. There’s no problem finding parking. The laundry service has been improving. They’re working on training new people. The community is right near the hospital. It’s just good for piece of mind.

They have parties and they do exercise! They’re going to have a picnic!

They are mostly good, the food could be improved.

So far, there have been some complaints about the food, but I am inclined to think that would happen anywhere. He says sometimes, it's overcooked, or burnt, not much flavor. They had some problems with people not doing their jobs well, and have made a lot of positive changes to correct the issue, this happened while we were moving in. I liked the location, and the fact they have a nurse onsite to check on the residents if there are any concerns. I liked that they communicate with the doctors, so there is some consistency in the care, the nurse makes sure that follow ups are done.

I think this is a good community.

I think this is a good community. The food wasn’t that good. They could stand to have better cooking There is a little a little back patio. The fact that they were able to take seniors from independent living all the way through needing to go to the hospital – that they could age in place was a big reason I chose them.

A Caring Place

I have lived here for 5 years and have been very happy. Last month a new management group took over and I am impressed with some of the things they have added. We have more housekeepers, servers, and caregivers and I see positive changes as things happen quicker. Everyone is friendly and I feel all the staff cares about the residents. I enjoy the food and the choices we have. I like being able to order quicker with the extra servers. We have a good activity person although I wish we could get some more card players involved.

Tiffani Schwarm

Thank you! We are working on those card players!

Open and Bright

My sister is happier than she's been for a long time. The care seems to be good and they have lots of activities like outings, bingo and movies. She likes taking part in those. I do think they could stick with one owner. The place has been sold again. This is the third owner since my sister has lived there. Fortunately we have not seen any changes in quality since the one that took over like a month or two ago.

My sister she loves the food so that's good. We looked at a lot of places and I found High Desert to be convenient because I don't live that far away and I work near there. It's very open and bright and the people were out and about and seemed happy.

Housekeeping Needs Improvement

Their carpets needed cleaning a month ago. There are spots on them and they stink. The management of that place, the ownership, needs to be scolded. I think it's a little overpriced. I can go to a complete care facility as cheap as that place. I really like Bobbi who is their nurse type gal. She's a really nice gal. They just need to do a little better on the clean up department. I'm there every other day and the housekeeping is not great.

High Desert Assisted Living Community is located in Bend, Oregon near area hospitals, shopping and services. Our community provides the services you need, delicious meals, and a host of amenities in a gracious setting that has been designed with your comfort and security in mind. Call for your personal tour and reserve your apartment today!

High Desert Assisted Living Community is the Perfect Choice!