Brookdale Redmond - Redmond, OR

Brookdale Redmond - Redmond, OR has yet not published prices.

Some hiccups here and there

My loved one lives here. We like the facility a lot but it is a little expensive and there was a bit of information regarding the cost of care that was not given to us until we got our first bill. However, the staff seems to be doing well with them and the building is kept pretty clean. They offer the same 3 or 4 food options every day and then they have other options you can choose from or ask for. I’ve seen what they serve and, to me, it doesn’t look that appealing. Another resident complained that they wouldn’t even feed it to their dog, but it at least seems to be well balanced and nutritious. The medication department talks with their doctor about once a week so they’re both in sync and giving them the right medications. It’s been a bit of a transition, but we’re working through it.

Needs some extra cleaning

I toured here when looking for a place for my parents to go. It was okay, I just didn’t care for it much. It didn’t feel that clean to me. It wasn’t filthy, but it just didn’t feel clean. It’s not a lot more expensive than any other place that I’ve gone to. Everyone seemed friendly and very open to helping us, though, so that wasn’t a concern at all. I didn’t think my parents would like the décor of it. Ultimately, we went with a different community.

Very Patient Staff

My mother is a very difficult person to deal with so I am very appreciative that this staff is very patient and understanding of our circumstances. Since I don't live nearby they are constantly keeping me updated as to how and what my mother is doing. The community from the one time I was there appeared very clean and well maintained. It's hard to say whether or not the food is good or not my mother says she eats whether or not she does I don't know for sure.

Pleasantly Surprised

So far they have been taking very good care of my mom at Brookdale Redmond. It is a beautiful well-maintained community. I was pleasantly surprised how nice and clean it was. It feels like walking into a hotel or resort, not an assisted living facility. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Her apartment is very bright and airy and clean smelling. They provide activities and outside excursions which she has just started to participating in. She has been going down to the dining room to eat and socialize with the residents and she is getting acquainted and making new friends. Outside they have a garden area where the residents can plant and attend to the beautiful flowers, and there is a nice pathway to walk around and enjoy the nicely landscaped grounds. I would recommend this community to others, so far I am very impressed.

Very nice and welcoming

I had a nice tour of this community. From what I saw the community looked nice and clean, the staff was nice, and our questions were answered. It was a nice experience, but it wasn't the right fit for my dad.

Enjoyable environment!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one at this community. The staff have been wonderful and have provided her with excellent quality of care. She has had no problems with the food and enjoys participating in activities with the other residents throughout the day. Overall its been a great experience for her and we are very happy.

Their understaffed, under-trained, there is no assistance in the living. There is a high turnover of the staff, managers, and the residents. They have billed for services they are not providing, so I do not understand why they can call it "Assisted Living". Now that my mother needs more services, they will not provide the assistance and we will have to look at other options. The 3 options they gave us was the memory unit, 24 hour one-one care provided by family, or she could leave the community. Warning, don't place your loved ones there here you care for them.

Care for a loved one.

This is a outstanding community. We like this community for the cleanliness. The menu is very good and I like knowing that the is happy with the menu. The activities have been very helpful for her and she is enjoying a lot of communication with the other residents that are participating with her. This community is wonderful and we recommend this community for the care and the value to other families

This is one of the nicest communities we saw.

Mom likes living at this community. She likes playing bingo and she says there is always things to do. She likes the food and they keep the community very clean. The staff have been fantastic. I would recommend this community.

Good care - terrible accounting and business practice.

I moved my parents to this facility a year and half ago. They have good care staff, but a terrible office staff. We had to spend 3 hours to help them fill out the initial contracts as they did not know how. They also tried to bill for the first full month when they did not move in till the middle of the month and then when my father passed away in the middle of the month billed for personal care and meals for the rest of the month after he had died. Currently they have backed billed us for over $40,000 going back 5 months after not notifying us 30 days in advance according to their contract or setting up a new contract. They have also not done a new yearly contract. We have been trying to solve billing issues for over 7 months!

Not my grandma's nursing home!!

Brookdale Redmond is one of the nicest places we have seen. The staff are really good and helpful. The variety of food there is unbelievable and tastes great. They offer a wide range of activities and offer transportation to doctor's appointments and other outings. I would recommend this community to anyone that asks.

I would not recommend Brookdale Redmond!!!!

This was a terrible community for my husband. He was only there for 6 weeks before we moved him out. The food was terrible and he did not eat. They did not take care of him. I was the one that changed his clothes, cleaned him up and changed his sheets. They did not clean his room. They were charging us for services that were not being provided. The receptionist was very rude to my son when he brought our dog in to visit.

Pretty pleased with Brookdale Redmond.

We are pretty pleased with Brookdale Redmond. It is a very comfortable place to be and to visit. It seems to be a really positive place for the residents. The food is good. The people are all really friendly. They offer a lot of activities, people come in and sing, they go on a shopping day once a week, go out to eat once a week. I think that is pretty cool. My only complaint would be that when we moved my father in there, there were no carts, we had to carry everything in by hand.

Helpful Staff

The staff members have been very helpful with all of our questions and they have been taking good care of my loved one. The only problem we have is not with the Redmond facility, but with the corporate office and them not getting back to us about our financial questions.

Not A Good Experience

Overall the experience was not a good one. We have moved out of there. I think what the problem is with the management of the facility. They just really had a negative outlook and it kind of trickled down to the staff and it was clear that the staff was not on the side of the residents and it made me feel like my dad was not cared for at all. I thought the facility itself was nice, but the food was horrible.

My parents haven't been there for very long, so it's hard to see a change just yet.

Think again

Looking at moving my mom out of their because of the 7 % rent increase at the first of the year. They say it's to give the caregivers a raise, so I asked them if they get raises and a few of them said no they are making minimum wage. The lady that does the housekeeping is not really keeping my moms apartment clean at all. The food has really went down hill the portions are so small that my mom is still hungry after her meals, she is paying over 5,000.00 a month. I feel that she deserves better. We are looking to move her out at the first of next moth. Their is another assisted living community not to far from brook dale that is offering a great move in special. Might want to check around before you move in to formerly cougar springs now brook dale all they care about is money.

went to this one friday at 5 pm. I loved it. Kristy was so compassionate and helpful. She Invited Mom and I back for a lunch at my scheduling. The facility was gorgeous, clean and friendly. I hope mom likes it when she gets to go!

Rude and unprofessional

This place is pretty terrible. My mother-in-law is here and everytime we come here she seems very unhappy. The staff is often rude and their attitude towards the residents and guest makes me believe they care very little about their residents. For the amount of money it costs to host someone here, I would expect a more professional and respectful environment. I would not recommend this establishment.

Brookdale Senior Living

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us isn’t meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Family member doing great with care there

I really like the immediate response when there is a need. For instance, he needs a special thickening in his needs, and they took a very short amount of time to get it.

I live out of state, so can't speak on activities.

He came off hospice, gained five pounds, and started walking, which he hadn't in a year and a half; he has improved a lot.

I think they are doing a great job. Every one I talk to has just been super.

Very nice place!

My Mom really likes it so far! It's a very nice looking, well kept, clean facility. Mom says it is like a grand hotel! She also says everyone, both the staff and the other residents, have been very friendly and welcoming. It's a nice place, and definitely worth a look if you're looking into senior living in the area!

Great care center

We moved my dad in last week. Staff was friendly, but they didn't seem prepared for him. The caregivers didn't understand his dietary needs or even his name, when he got there, but I think everything is sorted out now. The place was clean and everyone was cheerful. It is still early, but I think it will be a great place for him.

Not a good experience

We have not had a good experience with Emeritus at Cougar Springs. The facility itself is nice enough, but the staff just seem unprofessional and unorganized. None of the care or services provided were up to the level we expected from our experiences with other communities. We were not impressed with the food either. It is worth noting that they just started under a new management company, and we are hoping things improve with the new leadership.

They have a memory care as well, they will take them to end of life.

The gal was a little more vague about pricing, than the one we chose. The nursing staff had been here a long time, and the woman who ran it had been there a little while too. It was a little formal. They have a memory care as well, they will take them to end of life. It felt smaller. This was our second choice but we ultimately chose the other option for location, as well as other factors.

24 memory care beds...

24 memory care beds/62assisted living beds., great training, good staffing ratio, wonderful lady.

Brookdale Redmond is located in in Redmond, OR., in the middle of the beautiful high desert.

Cougar Springs is a community of care and support. The Resident Care Team oversees the care and services provided in the privacy of your own apartment by our sepcially-trained Resident and Medication Assistants.

Apartments at Cougar Springs are rented on a monthly basis. Our apartments are fully carpeted, with individual climate control and emergency call systems. At Cougar Springs, you will enjoy the privacy of your own individual apartment, within a community of care and support.

Assisted Living at Cougar Springs is designed for senior adults who which to maintain their independent lifestyle, but may need some additional assistance to do so.

Our Memory Care neighborhoods are homelike enviornments designed for those diagnosed with dementia. We supply a structured routine uniquely tailored to each resident's needs, while providing dignity. Attentive and courteous staff are always ready and willing to enhance our resident's physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual well being.

At Cougar Springs, our Independent Cottage Living is perfect for active and independent seniors looking for a more carefree lifestyle. Enjoy stimulating pursuits and activities, or just relax...it's your choice!