Regency Village at Redmond - Redmond, OR

It felt more like a nursing home institution

My Grandmother lived here for 2 months and was absolutely miserable the entire time. They charged her so much money for the amount of time she was there and charged her for everything. They even charged her for her meals, or to bring them to her, when they originally told us it was included in the price. The way the facility was run was more like a nursing home rather than assisted living. The man in the apartment next to my Grandma would scream at all hours of the night. A lot of the people that lived there weren’t ambulatory or able to hold a conversation. She said she felt like she had just got out of the institution when she left. I went there once to see her for dinner and the staff was very rude and very pushy to the other residents. My Grandmother is very alert for her age and does everything on her own and she was just miserable. When we first went on the tour, it didn’t look like a nursing home and no one acted like it either. It all looked so nice. While she was there, it was the complete opposite from what they had shown us.

Based on first impressions and a quick tour

I toured here briefly when looking for a place for my parents and it was very nice. They offer rehab care and assisted living but not memory care. They were very nice and actually the first facility I went to tour. I originally thought it might be a good fit but they didn’t offer what I needed. The staff seemed knowledgeable and easy to communicate with, even if it was just for a couple of minutes. The director sat down with me for a bit and we walked around and did a tour. I haven’t had any of their meals or anything like that, so this is just based on a quick tour.

Moms Level Of Care Was Too High

This community was nice to tour. The staff seemed friendly and nice very helpful The community appeared clean and well maintained. After going over my mothers level of care needs they determined if they would not have been the community for her due to the high level of care and supervision she would require.

Tour Was Nice

This is a pretty nice community, my family, and I had a nice tour of it. The community is nice,and clean from what we saw. The staff we met was kind, and helpful. It was a good experience overall, and our tour went well.

We Would Like Consistent Housekeeping

IT is going as good as it can be for my mom. The staff are pretty good, some don't show a lot of training but the main staff like RN are on top of everything and the communication between the staff is good. At times the housekeeping does not come every Monday to get the sheets for changing, they can be more consistent. Otherwise she is eating the meals at the dining room and meeting with other residents, this is a good change. She has tried some activities and has enjoyed them. She has a private room that is very comfortable with the extra space even in the bathroom. She can walk into her shower and the toilet is better. I have seen some residents with pets here but the staff do not care or walk the pets for residents.

kinda like the 2016 elections... "a lesser of evils"?

* Granted - my internment within the confines WAS half a decade back - but, I felt obliged...

built inside a virtual asteroid crater - if yourself or your loved one has mobility or pulmonary issues - they'll be restricted to the grounds barring Staff intervention...

but, never fear - as, "The Grounds", are certainly a treat!

just next door is the Redmond Nursing Care Facility; so - should you break a hip - your next stop is only a stone's throw away...

and and and; right next door to the Nursing Home?

a beautiful, nearly 1/3rd MT Cemetery

you just GOTTA wonder, "was this [removed] planned"?

I've kinda 1st hand experience as I stayed from June of 2010 through May of 2011 - until I was actually EVICTED due to an exacerbation of one of my determinant diagnosis for admission - after being railroaded when their Admin' (term applied willynilly, 'fer sure), chose to play the, "Danger to self and others", card

straight up: if you are a "private payee; you'll be treated like Royalty; absolutely... but - if you or a family member / loved one is on the dole (Medicare / OHP) I sure [removed] hope you have attentive significant others - because that's the ONLY m/f'n way that any basic human need for companionship, interaction, and/or amenities will be met

Great Community

My dad has been here for over a year and I am so grateful that we chose this community, they really take pride in their building. The wellness director(RN) takes a lot of time making sure that her staff knows what they are doing to care for my father. I have a great relationship with all the staff and management. The caregivers are always willing to help my dad out at any minute. I am so Happy that he is their.

Darci Davis

Thank you so much for your feedback we greatly appreciate this.

Things to know!

My Mom lives in this Facility and has grown to love living there, due the connections she has made with the residents. They do have a lot of activities going on, that is because they have an amazing activities director that puts a lot of work into what she does, & truly cares for the people. Some of the employees that have went above and beyond to make it a home for my Mom, now have been fired, they have a big turn over in staff in this facility (not sure why). The past administrators always knew you, greeted you EVERYTIME we came in, I've been introduced to the new and she doesn't know me! They are always nice and friendly when someone new is moving into a new room that needs to be filled! If that place isn't full, they loose their jobs! it's not about the residents. It's very sad, it is a beautiful new remodeled place too. If your family member has any kind of memory problems, investigate deeper on how they are being cared for. They advertise for this care service but they don't provide it once they are in the facility.

Place to be

Toured the other day the building is beautiful, the prices are great, staff was very friendly, food was amazing. I will be moving my sister in soon, the activities are what we were interested in, looking at their calendar there is always something going on.

Darci Davis

I am so glad that you took the time to come in to our community and see for yourself where all the fun is.

They really go above and beyond

They really go above and beyond to make things special for the residents that live there. They make the holidays extra special.

I really like the fact that after mom left, they called and checked on her to see how she was doing. She still goes up there to visit sometimes.

They did a really great job matching my mother up with other residents that they felt she would get along well with.

It was exactly what she needed. She was only there for a short time, but it was as good as it could have possibly been and I very highly recommend The Heights Assisted Living!

Darci Davis

Thank you so much, We hope your mom is doing well.

Above and beyond. Take a tour and see for yourself

I am moving my mom in May, the remodel looks amazing. We had lunch their and the food was awesome. The cook came out and asked us what we thought about the meal, that's going above and beyond where she is now. When touring the room it was recently remodeled with nice appliances, new carpet, the view out the window was mountains. The administrator and nurse took time to awnser all of our questions, I even called him back with a few more questions. They gave me a great deal 50% off move in fees and offered to help me physically move my mom in to their community due to the fact that I have a small car. The administrator offered to use their community bus and come and load everything up as long as I had it all boxed up. I feel that they go above and beyond to take care of their residents. My mom hates change but she is super excited to move in to the heights. I would recommend looking here when making a decision. The price I was quoted was over 1000.00 cheaper than what we are paying for now between the price of rent and her points that she is currently paying. It's well worth checking it out, you won't regret it

Thank you so much.

Gotta See for yourself.

Just toured the building in March, making plans for my mom who recently lost her husband. The building is beautiful inside with the recent remodel. The room that I toured had stainless steel appliances, hard word floors it was really warm and inviting. We are going to be moving mom in at The Heights in May. She is so excited, the food was amazing! The administrator and nurse took 2 1/2 hours and sat down and visited with us and went over everything in great detail and lengths. We were not pressured for time or money at all. They have a very friendly and willing to help with any and all my mom's needs. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Darci Davis

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We appreciate everything you had to say about our community.

Our assisted living options offer personalized assistance, supportive services and compassionate care in a professionally managed, carefully designed, retirement community setting. It's the perfect alternative for seniors who can no longer live on their own at home, yet don't need 24-hour, complex medical supervision.

We are conveniently located near St. Charles Medical Center in Redmond, Oregon, near Bend in beautiful, central Oregon. Redmond Health Care Center, a 74-bed skilled nursing community, is located nearby. It’s the perfect senior housing facility for families living in Redmond, Tumalo, Powell Butte or Terrebonne.

Our approach provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. We focus on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible by providing a tailored plan of assistance. Our residents enjoy beautifully appointed living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, transportation, and personalized assistance and care. It's the assistance seniors need with all of the independence they want.