Windlands East - Madison, TN

Person that was supposed to greet us not at work. We did not see any staff in halls ect. located in rough neighborhood.

Great for independent residents

My Dad lives here. As far as the structure of housing is concerned, it’s great. It’s difficult, though, to get ahold of the management staff and the accounting staff. Overall the response time is a bit slow but any issues I have usually get taken care of. My Dad seems to enjoy the food and there are plenty of options to choose from. The cleanliness of the facility is pretty good and housekeeping is supposed to come by once a week to clean his room. Overall, he seems pretty happy so I would recommend them.

Would not be my first choice -

I’ll be honest; this location would not have been my first choice. I’ve had some difficulties adjusting. I would rather be somewhere else with people who aren’t rude and more friendly. The atmosphere is kind of like a high school with cliques. The facility itself has a dining area and activity room on the lower level and the main lobby on the first level. All in all it’s been difficult and to be frank I would not want to be here.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, please know it is never our intention to make anyone feel unwelcome at our community. We strive for an environment where everyone feels comfortable and at home. We have shared your review with the management team and would like the opportunity to speak with you more. Please reach out to the General Manager, Deborah, at [removed]. We hope to speak with you soon. Thank you for reaching out to us!

This was a very good tour. [Removed] showed us the room that was not at Windlands South (both facilities are owned by the same company and the buildings are very similar). We did not have lunch at Windlands East by our choice because [Removed] and I had had lunch there the first time we toured the facility. [Removed]was very informative and filled in whatever things [Removed] at Windlands South [Removed] to mention. We would be happy living at this facility.

Good care for the price

Overall my experience with this facility has been good. The staff members are nice and they treat all of the residents really well. They seem like they care and they are accommodating to their needs. They offer activities like playing bingo, live entertainment, and bus trips to appointments. The facility works hard at providing all of the residents with everything they need. However, they do have problems with cockroaches and other bugs. It has been a constant problem and I have not heard anything from the facility about it. I would recommend this facility to families who are budget conscious.

My brothers good care.

I like this community for the care for a friend. The community is clean and maintained. I know that my brother likes the menu of meals. They offer him activities and he is happy with helping others. I like knowing that my brother is here and I would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

wrong location

This is a nice community, the apts are spacious and the staff did a very nice job on my tour, they showed me around and answered my questions. I was just not sure about the neighborhood and did not feel that this would be a good fit for my mom.

Everything Went Well On My Tour

This is nice community, and I had a nice tour of it. Everything looked great from what I was shown. The staff I came across was kind, and helpful. They answered my questions, and everything went well overall.

Lived Here Previously

I had lived year a few years ago moved out and now I am back and I love it. This community is wonderful. The residents are friendly and upbeat along with the staff. The community is kept in very good condition very well maintained. The food is getting better they have a new chef and we are starting to see improvements already.

Everything is fine despite clients dismay

It can make it difficult for anyone to be happy in a place where they don't want to be. My client is convinced that even though his extreme physical challenges he can live on his own which is not an option. The staff here will go over and beyond what they need to do to help people adjust and settle into their new environment. They encourage residents to go to the dining room to eat and to participate in activities just socialize in general. I have never eaten here but from what I understood the food is very good.

When I Toured the Community

On our tour I got to see the community but it was not a good fit. The guide was professional, on time, and welcoming.

Father's New Home

I am happy with the care for my father. The staff is nice and willing to help and listen to our needs. We are working on the room being clean and at this time they are having some small issues. I have had meals with my father and them menu seems to be good. my father is offer activities, but we hope in time that they will want to participate. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Outstanding Care

I am happy with the care from this community. We like knowing that she is offered alot of services. The community is clean. The menu is very nice and she says that they need some small improvemnts with the meals. There are a lot of nice activities that are offered. They have a lot of nice people who make you feel at home. The activity director is very helpful with getting residents motivative. We would recommend this community for good care and value that are offered.

So far so good

I have only lived at this community for a short time and so far things are good. The staff are attentive, kind and friendly. The managers do not live on site so we have pendants we wear if we need assistance. The residents are friendly and the food is fantastic. They keep the community clean and they do offer some daily activities. This is a gated community and I do feel safe here as I do not think it is in the best area. I would recommend this community.

We did not think this would be a good fit for mom

This building seemed to be more heavily used. The staff we met during the tour were nice, honest and gave us the information we needed. They have a calendar that shows plenty of activities. The community felt crowded and mom did not seem comfortable with living in a high rise. They have two elevators and sometimes there is a wait to use them. The dining room looked clean, pretty and there were windows to look out onto the nice grounds.

Care and options

This is a nice community. I thought that it was assisted live and it is only if you pay the extra cost. They are not a community for anyone who is needing a wheelchair. The community is clean and I enjoy it. The menu is appealing. I would recommend the community to others as long as you do not need a wheelchair it is a nice community.

Beautiful Facility!!

I thought this facility was absolutely beautiful and had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff where informative and had a lot of great information to offer my loved one and I. The rooms where spacious and had a lot of extra space which I thought was a great addition. They just could not meet the needs of my brother medically.

Tour of a community

I like the staff at this community. The community is older and does need some improvements. The staff was nice and helpful to answer the questions that we had. They did have activists that were offered if the residents wanted to do them. I think other families should tour this community for the care for a loved one for the care.

People on staff there seemed to be very nice. I thought the facility as a whole was a little rundown and didn't think it was in the greatest of neighborhoods/location.

Holiday Retirement

Hello Jeff, we appreciate you reaching out to provide this honest feedback! We are so happy to hear you found our staff to be so nice, but are sorry to hear your impressions on our community and its location. We love what we do, and strive to be the best in what we do! We wish you the best in your continued search, but please know you are welcome back anytime if you like! Thank you so much, and truly, the best of luck to you!

As Good As Expected

It has been really good for my mother-in-law, Windland East is taking good care of her. She is walking through her challenges and it was a good placement, it was what she needs. Housekeeping is on top her room and the meals are fine and appropriate. A lady that provides assistant for residents, not part of Windlands, helps with medication and brings her meals when needed. Also the woman help physical things for my mother-in-law. That on-site care was helpful.

Our Visit to Windlands East went well. Brook was very friendly, patient, and accommodating. The apt. was great and the property seemed very pleasant and welcoming. Although the whole experience was positive, my sister's health is not at a level where we can feel comfortable placing her in an independent setting.

Nice place

Overall we are satisfied with how things are going at Windlands. It's a nice place, the staff is friendly, and they do a good job keeping everything clean. Really our only issue has been that the maintenance staff can take quite a while to respond to issues.

Everything is great at Windlands East!!

The staff at this community are very good. The food is great and the building is kept up for an older community. They offer activities however my brother does not yet participate in many. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Awesome place to live

The grounds are nice, staff really care about patients and its cleanliness is spot on.

Kudos to the staff

The staff at Windlands East are so nice and attentive to my daily needs. I require more assistance then others and the staff all work together to see that my needs are taken care.

Wonderful Rooms

Feels like a hotel apartment. Super clean. Friendly and professional Staff. Great meals and awesome game room. Love it.

Great staff

The staff here is great. The facility itself and the rooms are always kept nice and clean. The rooms are somewhat small, but the kindness of the people here makes up for it. The other residents are very sweet too.

Great staff

The facility is nice and clean, although the rooms are a little smaller than we would like. The staff is great and they are very kind people. They do have a food service here, which is pretty decent. The other residents seem very nice too.

Nice looking place, not a good fit for us

I toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. Windlands East seemed like a nice enough place, the facility was clean and well kept. The rooms themselves seemed a little small for the price, compared to some other places I looked at. However, the place just didn't feel very homey. It was nice looking, but felt more like a hotel than somewhere I thought my loved one would be comfortable living.

Wonderful place

This is a very nice place with a great staff. It is always clean and fresh here and everyone seems happy to be here including the residents. We had a few communication issues in the beginning, but it is all worked out now. Wonderful place.

I'd Recommend Them

The overall experience with them has been very good so far. We have gotten involved with the activities they have. We are active in what they provide. I would recommend the Windlands East to anyone really.

Nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Windlands East! The place is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. I'd give them high marks across the board!

I like the Facility.

I really appreciate the fact that they have service for the meals. i wish the portions were a little bigger though. I like the fact that they have on-site managers who are in the office and always available. My dad struggles with being in a new situation, so I wish there was a little more extended newcomer orientation. I really like the facility.

Good for a short time

In the time we experienced Windlands East, they were very, very nice to us and the process had gone well.

So far it's very good.

So far it's very good. They had trouble with my bill at first but they corrected it. There's always room for improvement. The friendliness there is excellent. Everyone is very friendly. The value is pretty good. Everything else has been going very good. The Windlands East is a really nice facility. I'm just going to give it some time and I think it will get better. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

very helpful

They were very helpful. They provided a lot of information, and were very genuinely concerned with my mothers well-being and making sure that she is in the right place and receiving the sort of care that she needs. It has been a very positive experience that we have had with Windlands East and I would highly recommend them.

5 stars

The Windlands East is a great community. The staff is very friendly. I would recommend this community if your searching for a facility in the Madison, TN area. This is a nice community. It is clean and the care services are excellent.

Fantastic place!

We have had a fantastic experience with Windlands East so far! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the apartments are spacious, bright, and reasonably priced. They have a great variety of activities and events for the residents, and the staff are friendly and professional. I recommend them highly!

Win lands East

I have looked at many such facilities. This is by far the cleanest. Windlands also has plenty of real activities on site. The apartments are real apartments with balconies. Unlike some places which where dark and had indoor outdoor carpeting, and one small window. Most importantly my Aunt is very happy there. Plenty to do and people to socialize with. Great facility.

wrong info

I thought the community fee was high & the apartment that they showed us was not the one that my father received. We were shown a apartment with a stove and when we moved in it was a different apartment with no stove. So we where told if he wants a stove it will be a higher price. Other than that I .would have gave 5 stars.

Nice place, overall

Overall we're very pleased with how things have gone at Windlands East. It is a nice looking, well kept, clean facility, and they've got a lot to offer their residents. The staff have all been very friendly and professional as well.

A Good Retirement Facility

This facility and the grounds are clean and attractively decorated. The apartment size is very adequate with clean carpets and walls. There is plenty of storage and closet space. We loved the layout of the apartment. The staff and other residents are very nice and accomadating. The activities are numerous and interesting. Initially the additional care service was not fulfilling everything that we had discussed providing for my aunt. There was a communication problem between the staff and the person over them. I had to leave messages and wait sometimes untill the next day to see if they were administering her medication properly because my aunt is legally blind. I think that we have now resolved that problem. I still would recommend Windlands East for someone else or myself if necessary.

Immediate response!!!

Had been trying to find a place for a long time dear friend! Your response was immediate, & we were able to place her within the week.
She is extremely pleased as well as more at ease.
We are not worried anymore. Know she's in a safe, secure place, as we as provided 3 good meals a day. Socializing immediately & thoroughly enjoying the company of mamy other residents who have her feel welcomed.
Special thanks to Brooke!!

Great Facility!

I would definitely recommend this facility to family and friends. The residents and staff appear to have a great rapport. Several activities are planned for each month which helps keep the residents active and involved. Whether your self-sufficient, or you require some assistance...the staff is extremely supportive. If by chance a resident requires transportation (i.e. doctor's visit, shopping,etc.), provisions for scheduled days and times are made by the staff to transport those in need. Everyone looks out for one another, and get along well. As soon as any issue arises or assistance is required, the staff addresses it immediately.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Windlands East. The building itself is well kept and clean, and the general staff are all very friendly and easy to work with. Really the only issue we've had is that I feel like their administrative staff could be better trained, and their internal communication about administrative and billing issues could use some work.

Very friendly community!

Windlands East has been doing a great job, I really enjoy it here! They're more than friendly, and really went out of their way to welcome me and make me feel at home when I moved in. The community is clean and well kept, and overall it's just a nice bunch of people living and working here!

Over the past 5 years, my sister had ...

Over the past 5 years, my sister had been in and out of hospital due to lack of eating, dehydration, and not taking her medicines for mental issues. The last time she required hospitalization was within two weeks of the prior hospitalization, and her landlord said she had to move. My sister is at the point where conservatorship has been suggested by the doctor. Of course she knows this and accuses me of trying to take control of her life. I love my sister and the last thing I want to do is deprive her of her freedom and independence - yet I knew I had to help her improve her quality of life. If she could only live where someone prepared her meals, helped with housekeeping, and take her medicine - I believed she could continue on her own. I googled senior assisted living and found many options but the rent was too expensive and I knew my sister would not agree to pay that much. Windlands also appeared as a result of my search but I still thought it was out of her range. A Place for Mom started helping me search and recommended several senior assisted living apartments based on income - which had low rent - but did not have three meals a day. A Place of Mom also recommended Windlands. Upon further investigation, Windlands emailed me a cost sheet to help me understand that for what my sister was paying in rent, utilities, cable, and food now - she could afford Windlands that included all of that in the rent. The added plus about Windlands is the planned activities for the residents. The special plus is the managers really care. I believe God has answered my prayers and A Place for Mom helped me find Windlands for my sister to continue her independent living and be happy.

Nice community that appears...

Nice community that appears to be affordable.

Liz was very nice and worked quickly ...

Liz was very nice and worked quickly to help my referral find housing. He wasn't able to get out to turn in applications, so they went to him and helped him complete the application and turned it in for him. Thank you!

Nice place, overall

My loved ones were here for a few months, and overall I felt like they did a good job and provided some good services. The facility itself was nice looking, well kept, and clean, and the staff all seemed very friendly. The issue for us was the cost, it just didn't end up being a sustainable price for my loved ones. I also felt that, for the price, they could have provided a bit more in terms of resources and services.

Not what we were expecting

My loved one lived here for a short time, and unfortunately our experience was not an entirely positive one. This is an independent living community, and while that can mean different things in different facilities this one skews much more towards the entirely independent side. They do have a service they work with that you can contract with for things like medication assistance. Because of this we started running into problem, which could be expected. However how the staff and management handled these issues wasn't not ideal. The staff would be short with my loved one, and I started having problems getting the management to return my calls, which was certainly not professional.
I also had issues with the food, as often it wasn't enough to satisfy my loved one, and extra helpings were not always available.
I think this community could be pleasant for an entirely independent resident, but unfortunately that was not our situation.

Very nice community

This was a nice place overall. It was a clean, well kept facility, and the staff were friendly and helpful. It is an independent living community, but they have a service that comes in that will assist with certain care needs, like medication reminders, for an extra fee.

There have been a few miscommunications.

There have been a few miscommunications. Once anything is brought to their attention, they are quick to fix the issues. Go over all of the written information thoroughly, it would help if they went over it verbally, it can be hard for seniors to understand all the way.

It's just lovely, it's the best place.

It's just lovely, it's the best place. Everything is just perfect. The staff is very good. I think it's a very good value for your money.

Those folks are just super, they are a Godsend, everybody there.

Those folks are just super, they are a Godsend, everybody there. They plan at least 8 activities a day. They are super. The food is excellent it's super, a five. I've had a few issues with the medication management, but that is separate from the community, it's done by an outside agency. I just think they are doing a super job. We chose this community because of location and price range.

Windlands Wast

Sales people were very helpful and friendly. I do feel that some of the information I got was not quite accurtate. Seems there might be a slight disconnect from reality and the sales group. I was told that there would be an "ambassador" that would work with my father for the first 90 days to make sure that he went to meals and did group activities so he would have a friend in the interactions of meeting fellow residents. That really did not happen. But the move in went smoothly . The resident managers are great and they do look out for my dad. He told me just last night that it's a nice place to live. The severs in the dining room and the cleaning folks are great. Really friendly and helpful. All in all, I would recommend this for an Independent Living Facility.

It Ain't Home Until You Make It Home

None of us like being old and unnecessary. Windlands makes it easier to bear, just having the company of other people sharing your trials. The rooms are great for the price although those prices are subject to annual increases as elsewhere. I have a bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen (with refrigerator and stove). Three meals a day are included in the price, not large meals, but certainly up to national caloric standards, and they are very tasty with two or three options to the main meals. My utilities are paid. My van broke down shortly after I moved here, so I'm definitely appreciating the free transportation for doctor appointments and trips to the grocery, pharmacy, bank, post office, and shopping mall every week. My life before I moved in here was very hard. Sure I had my own home, but it had become very difficult for me to keep it up. Now I have to exercise to keep my weight down because life is just easy and happy here. Milton said that the mind can make a heel out of heaven or a heaven out of hell. This place has all the makings of a heaven for us older people. The rest is up to you.

Visited this location and l...

Visited this location and like it.

My New Home

While I was still hospitalized, my daughter did the calling of the choices given, so I cannot give much help on the hardest part in that all of them seem to meet the needs of elderly and/or disabled citizens. My daughter in Hendersonville needed me to move closer to her since I was diagnosed with the early stages of dementia. The homes in Hendersonville were out of reach for my budget. I will be stretching a bit more than I wanted to give but I knew I had to choose one that would satisfy my needs. Windlands East includes everything I need for $700 less than any of them in Hendersonville. I'm thinking now as I downsize (my sale is Nov. 8 & 9) that when I move on Nov. 27th that I will be on a vacation for the rest of my life. Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow.

Has what I need

Maintenance has been real good so far, they fix things right away. I like it here because they have pretty much everything I need; the foods kind of hit or miss, one dish is pretty decent and the next is okay but that would be one of the biggest things they could improve on. Of course I wish the rent wasn't so high but I guess there’s nothing I could do about that. From what I've heard other people say about other places, they’re all pretty much the same but I plan on staying here a while

Still Unsure

We moved mother on Oct 12th. Part of her rent includes sheets and towels provided and cleaned by the facility. When we moved in she had neither so went downstairs and they provided a set of sheets, one bath towel and one hand towel. The office staff advised they would let housekeeping know to replenish. When I went back to visit the following Friday the 17th she still had the same bath and hand towel from the previous week. She had never even been given a washcloth at that point. When we visited and signed all paperwork they advised they would be assigning someone "An Ambassador" to check in on mother to ensure she knew when and where to go for meals etc. To my knowledge this began yesterday the 22nd.
Not sure what I think at this point. Still out for debate.

I would consider for myself

The doors can be locked so it provides more secure then other communities. Getting to and from meals can be a hassle. They have two very slow elevators that are wheelchair accessible. Going to meals is more of a hassle then it is worth because the food is not very good either. Other than that this is a very good community and I would consider for myself when that time came. The apartments are set up to be effective and efficient. This community really is for more active type of people. I would recommend them as a community worth moving to.

Close to Home

We chose this community because it was close to our family, so it makes it convenient to visit. Windlads was also within our budget and is a great value for what we needed. We are really happy with Windlands East and would recommend it to anyone.

My father selected this property

My father selected this property

love, love, love this place. Private ...

love, love, love this place. Private paid community. Independant living but includes served at the table meals with option of room service should the resident be sick. Balconies with great views. Apartment is large with great storage. Utilities, laundry, 3 meals plus snacks daily, pre arranged transportation, cable and activities included. 6th floor is more monitored with Home Health care.

Place seemed clean, apt is small, the...

Place seemed clean, apt is small, they replace carpet and paint the walls. They only do the lines once a week,there are two washers and dryers on their floor. No pet fee. They are free to go on all the floors and the dining facility it very nice. They are served in courses and I think mom will like that. They can have a room ready. They were very nice and accomadating. Wanted to know what mom and dad would like. They have balcanies and they have a apt avaiable that faces the sun (mom would like that). Mom can smoke in her room there were about 3 fire sprinklers in the apt. They will have a stove and we could probably put a microwave in the apt. Dad can take meals to mom and they will take meals to them for a few times but if it becomes a habit then they will charge. They will transport to the VA on Tues. Has a little storage facility area so mom can store some stuff. Month to month with no lease. Not sure if they charge admin fees like Maybelle does. They seemed like they really wanted to work with us to get mom and dad in there. Mom can have her car at no additional charge. I liked the people,the residents seemed happy and so did the staff that I met. They have a little store there and it seems they have lots of activitiy rooms they can go to do different things. They have a pool table and a nice poker card table (dad). They have a craft room that I think mom wouold enjoy. It looks like they have their own kiln. They also have activities that they can go to like Rivergate mall and things away from the facility.

Very nice

Very nice

Place seemed clean, apt is small, the...

Place seemed clean, apt is small, they replace carpet and paint the walls. They only do the lines once a week,there are two washers and dryers on their floor. No pet fee. They are free to go on all the floors and the dining facility it very nice. They are served in courses and I think mom will like that. I liked the people,the residents seemed happy and so did the staff that I met. They have a little store there and it seems they have lots of activitiy rooms they can go to do different things. They have a pool table and a nice poker card table. They have a craft room that I think mom wouold enjoy. It looks like they have their own kiln. They also have activities that they can go to like Rivergate mall and things away from the facility.

Conveniently close to downtown Nashville, the home of country music, Windlands East is a quiet and friendly oasis in the bustling heart of the south. We’re minutes from world-class shopping, excellent healthcare and all the rich history of one of the finest cities in the south.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind