McKendree Village - Hermitage, TN

The assisted living community area's were nice but the rooms still had regular tubs with grab bars. Not great if you have mobility issues. Could use an update.

I did see one of the apartments. I was impressed with it. I didn't do a complete tour.

Great place

We toured McKendree Village and it was my first choice for a community for my mom. The staff was very friendly and helpful with the questions that we had. They had many amenities for the residents. We chose another community that my mom had her heart set on.

Kitchen Needs Updating, But A Nice Community Overall

My mother, and I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was friendly. The staff, and director were exceptional. The experience went very well, but my mother was not very ready to make the move yet. The only thing I would say I noticed, were the kitchen in the rooms. They need new cabinets, and updating. It is a nice community overall, and I would recommend it to a friend.

My visit

This seemed like a nice looking community when we visited. This community is multi level community. They have a pool and offer rehabilitation services. They offer an exercise room and many common areas to socialize. The person we met during or tour was nice.

Happy my loved one is happy!

This place has been wonderful! The staff is very easy to talk with. Right from move-in, I feel comfortable saying they have gone above and beyond for my loved one. We chose this community because it really seemed to have the best bang for the buck and oh boy were we right! My loved one really enjoys the community and all the activities from minor league baseball outings to a variety of themed events with wonderful music nights!

Parents Are Well Here

Overall my parents are doing pretty well since their move to this community. My mother is getting the care she needs, and my father is doing pretty well for most part. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us, and this is a community I would recommend.

My Loved One is Doing Well At This Community

This is a really nice community. They have a lot of resources available for the residents. I'am comfortable with my loved one move to this community. The staff have been accommodating, and helpful. They have a doctors office onsite at the community. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. The food is great, she is pleased with the meals. The dining experience is nice, it is like a restaurant. Everything is working out well, and this is community I would recommend.

Care and Value

We toured this community for care for my mom. The staff
were nice. We did like the activities that were offered. They take the residents are able to leave the commnity for small trip. They had a good menu and a long time period for eating. I would highly recommend this community for the great value and the care that is offered for other families.

I would give this community a B plus!

My parents are still getting used to the routine at the community. Most of the staff are good most of the time. They accommodate dads dietary needs, however he does not like the food. I have not seen a lot of activities in the memory care unit. I would recommend this community.

Lovely Community

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went very well, and I enjoyed my tour. This is a nice community with kind. The staff was very friendly. From what I saw the community looked nice. It was a pleasant experience, but I didn't feel like this was the one for me.

Good floor care, very poor communication and billing

The cleanliness and care on the floor is good, in fact the overall care on the floor is very satisfactory. The administrative office is the most abhorrent I have ever had to deal with and absolutely abusive. On 9/12 I arranged medical transport for my 92-year old father near my home because he had become bed-ridden and depressed after a fall. After 8 days after I admitted him, we had a consultation and they informed me that progress in rehab would be slow due to the move and his age, so set up a follow up meeting for 3 weeks later. Ten days after this meeting I got a 48-hour notice that they were ending his Medicare/supplemental insurance coverage. I filed an appeal with [Removed], and an independent Doctor agreed that care should not end and upheld my appeal. [Rempved] notified McKendree on 9/25. Three days later and without informing me, McKendree apparently again decided to reverse the findings of the independent Dr and the appeal and ceased his Medicare covered rehabilitation. I visit my father 3-4 times a week and never received any notice or progress update. On 10/31, I received full billing for the period following 9/28. This is the most egregious and unethical behavior I have ever encountered from a source that is supposed to be fiduciary of my aging father's well being. Information regarding his health and progress has been non-existent. Of all the places my father has lived; independent, assisted and now long-term care, this is the worst communication and most abusive billing practices I have encountered. I am actively searching for alternatives for my fathers care, even though moving him in his current condition is a hardship.

A Kind Community

I had a lovely tour of this community. Everyone was very welcoming and kind. Everything I saw looked well-kept. The staff was very nice. It was a lovely experience.

Great Care

This community is very nice and the staff is wonderful in everyway. I was happy with the community being clean and taken care of. My father is happy with the food that is provided. They off him alot of activities. I do recommend this community for other families.

Mom Is In Good Hands Here

My mother is doing well, and she likes it here. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean. The staff is nice, they have been helpful and attentive. They have many activities available for the residents. The meals are nice, she is pleased with the food. I would say their killed nursing side needs some improvements. Overall I know she is in good hands and being cared for well. I would recommend this community, it is a good place.

Good Community, Only One Problem

My mother is doing pretty well here, but I do have one concern. That is at night when my mother needs some help she has to pull a cord to get some help. This not a good reliable system, and sometimes she able to get through to the nurse station. That has been my only problem with this community. Other than that it is a nice looking community. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is very nice and helpful. I'am paying for some extra care for her, and I hope the system for calling for help improves.

Friendly

Mom and I toured the facility, mostly for info gathering purposes. I didn't want to get caught off-guard with no knowledge about what facilities might be available in the area. We had lunch, were shown over the whole building ( plus she had been a patient in the rehab unit a few months ago). Then we sat down to find out just how much a place like this would cost. It was a pleasant surprise--not as high as we feared. We also attended an afternoon watermelon social at which Mom ran into about 10 people she knew. She had a great time, Residents were were super friendly and excited somebody new might be moving in. A few casually greeted my mom and told her how long they'd been living there and told her how happy they were. Mom decided that very day that this was where she wanted to live. Activities, transporation, access to medical, multiple care levels within facility..... WE couldn't be happier right now. Move in next week. Stay posted.

A Lovely Tour

I had a very lovely tour of this community. Everybody was very welcoming and friendly. The community was nice looking, everything appeared to be nice and clean. The staff was welcoming and informative. There are nice activities and good food offered. Overall it was a nice tour.

Beautiful property, updated and fresh. Residents appeared happy and healthy. Great visit and tour with Cindy.

My Grandmother Has Improved So Much Being Here

My grandmother was only going to use this community for a respite stay, but my father and I have seen her improve so much she will now be moving in permanently. She is doing very well here. The community is always very clean and well maintained. The staff is great, they are caring for her very well. They are very attentive and accommodating. She is slowing participating in activities in her own way. The food seems to be pretty good. We are happy knowing she is improving and she is being cared for very well.

I would highly recommend

My Mom LOVES this place. So down to earth and friendly. The chapel looks like a real church instead of a multi-purpose room. Frequent opportunities for outings and fun things to do. The staff is very kind and patient. The administrative staff was so very helpful in helping me navigate my way and Kim [removed] was especially supportive and reassuring.

McKendree Village is excellent!

McKendree Village is excellent! They took real good care of my sister-in-law while she was there. We would definitely go there in the future if needed again. It's so clean, there's no foul odors. It's a very caring place, they really care for the residents. The food was delicious, she ate really good there. She loved the music activities! She loves being around people and made friends while there.

Seemed like a nice place!

So glad she's here!

The staff has bent over backwards to help my mother get integrated into her new living arrangements. So many things to do to keep her active.

Fabulous place!

We've had a great experience overall with McKendree Village! From the shopping process, to the move-in, and every day since, they have been nothing but the best! Cathy, the woman we worked with when we were touring, was very help and answered every question we had. She was so gracious to my mother, and really made it all about her and what she needed to be happy here.
The move-in experience has been exceptional. They really put a lot of effort into helping her get acclimated to her new home. They introduced her to neighbors with similar interests, and made sure she knew about all of the different activities and events. She has settled in so well that they actually asked her to be one of the residents to show new people around, and she absolutely loves that job!

McKendree Village is a awesome place to live and a great place to work.With Independent Living Cottage homes and apartments, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Rehabilitation adn Health Care Center - all levels of care are available. There are move than 25 employees that have worked on campus for over 20 years. That says a lot about how the company treats their staff which translates to the staff caring about the residents. The residents are friendly and the staff knowledgeable and kind.

Back on my feet!

After I had surgery I needed physical therapy. Even though I wanted to go home I was so thankful for the care I received in McKendree's rehab. The therapists really cared about what I needed and got me back on my feet again. I fell in love with the nurse practitioner and how helpful he was to my family when they worried about me. I would recommend McKendree's Rehab.

I Like McKendree

I toured this facility and found a warm welcome and active environment. The apartments were lovely and bigger than I expected. More than one resident spoke to me and said they love living at McKendree. I was pleasantly surprised at all they have to offer in both services and activity. They have a pharmacy, a big beauty salon, puzzle room, art studio, sewing room, game room, chapel, swimming pool and coffee shop. I really like what I saw.

staff is very attentive

The staff is very attentive to the needs and making sure things are resolved when any issues arise. Dad is 97 and his memory is not the best, but he is definitely very comfortable at McKendree Village.

Review of McKendree Village Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Hermitage, TN

only allows about. 30 meals a month

Felt a little rushed and institutional, not very personal.

The woman that greeted me and took me around was very personable and friendly, but they were the only place that didn't know, or ask, who we were looking for or why. She had to keep looking at the clipboard for her name, it was a very cursory quick tour, and it felt very institutional. The residence in the independent area looked like a New York walk up apartment, kind of dim and dreary.

Seems very nice. It's an o...

Seems very nice. It's an older facility but appeared to be well maintained. Nothing fancy. They have many activities for the people living in the independent section. There were no odd smells. The dining room was nice and they have a chef on site to cook all meals. Met with Kathy Nance. She gave me a list of the room sizes and their prices. It's nice that they have a beauty salon/barber shop on site as well...

It was awful, and the food was terrible!

It was awful, and the food was terrible! It was so bad I took my loved one out at night. It was supposed to be rehab, but it was awful! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Nice place, overall

So far McKendree Village has done a great job taking care of our loved one. It's a nice looking place, they keep everything looking well kept and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly. I like that they keep tabs on all of the residents, and if someone doesn't show up to dinner or an activity they'll go check on them to make sure everything is okay.

Very nice place

My loved ones have been here for about a year, and I feel like so far things have gone pretty well. The facility itself is nice enough, the food is good, and they provide a few different levels and types of care. And I feel like the quality of care they provide the residents is one of their strong suits.

Good staff and communication

My mother-in-law has been in this facility for a number of years, and they do a great job. Her level of care is high, but the staff are very friendly and compassionate and do a great job of keeping her comfortable and safe. They're very about keeping the family informed about any problems or situations that come up.

Caring, friendly staff and residents

I just love this place, I really can't say anything bad about it. They really care about the residents here, rather than it just being a job or a business. The staff feel like family. When we toured we talked to other residents, and some of them had been there a decade or more! That is what we wanted, a real community, not somewhere people were staying because they had to. I'd recommend this place to anyone!

My father is loving it.

My father is loving it. It's clean and the staff is definitely friendly. He wasn't happy with the food at first but they got a new chef, and he is happy now. He had some friends there already so there were some familiar faces.

Extremely friendly and clean

This was expensive, they did not seem to be willing to work with an insurance company or any kind of facility like that because she's on medicare but they require private pay. They didn't want anything to do with medicare.
It was very nice, I was very impressed with it, everybody there was very friendly and it was very clean. I have been in so many assisted livings and nursing homes and I know they smell. I know it's not an easy thing for them to take care of and I also know that accidents happen with older people, but I was just really impressed with the cleanliness.