Windemere Park Senior Community - Warren, MI

Horrible evening staff in rehab area

can’t speak of each area and/or services of the whole facility however in regards of the 4th floor I write. My relative has suffered a stroke and is working towards recovery during a recent visit I was very disappointed. The nurse on the floor that night “[Name removed]” was MIA most of the night from 7-11pm. Actually the evening started out with me seeing her grab a pack of pills out of the locked cabinet and walk down the hall with another nurse. She was then gone for at least 1.5 hours and during this time I seen the following. A lady was calling out for “help”in her room for over 30 minutes. Two aids went on break for over an hour, one elderly aid was left alone trying to care for the whole floor. All during this time I was trying to get some services for my relative and “MIA nurse [Name removed]” would show back up and state she is working on finding some food and then she would go missing again. When she was there all she did is bark orders at the aids while she did nothing to support them. All of but two staff should be ashamed of themselves and management needs to find some leadership to lead these night crews. Why can’t you have some walk the floors.Nurses and ads are NOT on their post. I told the aid it seems that “MIA nurse [Name removed]” barks orders and then disappears, he said sir I am glad you notice that and then informed me he was new to the team. A great example for the new guy. Overall I left that evening broken up because I had to leave my relative there. Also I should mention the most dirtiest carpet in every room that you have ever seen. There are 1star hotels that are cleaner

No no no! Not a safe place. On one visit, found my mom, falling out of bed head first. No one in sight. The family was told that insurance would no longer cover the care she needed and gave us less than two days notice to find other accommodations before it became private pay. When you tried to contact someone, it usually went to voicemail. Very frustrating! I would NOT recommend this facility.

Rude

Rude staff. Rude management. Do not use this place. Take your family home, they will be ignored when they need help and if you complain they tell you to find someplace else.

Looking for love, peace, happiness, security, cleanliness? WELL WINDEMERE IS NOT, I say NOT that place!!!

I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to this place! If you really love your family, i would advise you to never bring them here. First off management lies and tell you that your loved one will be checked on every hour,and no one never does. you press the call button and no one never comes because the pager is either broke or lost. the residents will most likely always be neglected in some way because they are always short. we pay too much money for our family to get such horrible care. they run out of wipes frequently and briefs. so some one takes from others. [Removed]. residents items comes up missing. they have the caregivers doing the laundry and whoever is responsible for putting it up never does it right. and the management does nothing but collect money and up the rent. Ive seen some hardworking girls in there and some mean ones in the morning. This is by far the worst place ive ever been to in my life!!!

Bad place

This place is a joke! No staff for the money you pay. Horrible people working there , no supervisors or nurses at night. The place looks nice but the care is sub-standered.

Horrible Place! The place is always understaffed and the staff they do have are over worked. The nurse on staff isn't very knowledgeable. There are residents with seat belts tied in chairs. The linen supplies are scarce and for the money my dad paid he should always have what he needed and things to do at all times! This place is only collecting money but not giving any great services to the people that live there or work there. Beware of this place and make it a last result for your love one.

Family of resident

Not what it once was. In the past year the entire building has lost power for several days at a time at least 3 times. It is building specific outages and not related to weather or any other outages in the community. When this happens the people in independent living are basically left to fend for themselves. Several residents rely on medications that require refrigeration or on oxygen machines. I really think they are putting their residents in dangerous situations. Definitely looking for a new place to move my mother.

horrible activities

Horrible experience. My mom has been in the assisted living for 4 years. The activities used to be wonderful but now they have some lady who dosent give a damn running the activities. She is rude and useless. You can tell she does not have the heart that the other lady did to do the job. I have contacted management several times about my moms care and never get a response. Stay away from this place if you want your lived one to have a decent quality of life.

Excellent

The atmosphere of the place is peaceful and friendly.
The security is top notch.
We have found the staff to be totally understanding of the needs of their clients.

Waiting for a call from Management...Still

My mother has been a resident of Windemere since January of 2012. My mother has now moved to "enhanced independent". While I love the aides, management leaves a lot to be desired. They don't care about resident concerns at all. The activity director does nothing but card games. There use to be live entertainment every other Sunday. Not anymore. Residents are not happy with the food. They do not pay the aides enough to keep them there -- turnaround of staff is frequent. If you put a concern in writing and ask for a follow-up, it will never happen! They don't care!

My mother's alert button has been broken for 3 months! We had concerns that it was not working properly. I came one day to find her sitting with her pants around her ankles! It was pushed so often, it broke they refuse to give her a replacement unless we pay $175.00. If she had flushed it down the toilet, or threw it out a window then fine, I would pay. They advertise that this is included for residents for their safety. She is almost 91 and has no way to call for help except to yell. This tells me, they do NOT care about residents, only the money!

Great experience at Windemere.

My grandfather is in the memory care area at Windemere. He can be a little tricky to deal with but the staff is just great. They take wonderful care of him and all his quirks. The staff is very friendly and seem to be genuinely concerned about all the residents in their care. I also love all the activities they have available for the residents - they always have something fun going on. The rooms are also nice. They have a lot of open space plus a good-sized bathroom, unlike other memory care places I toured.

Not too bad overall

The only negative I really have is that the facility is multi-leveled, so how would say dementia patients on the top floor of the building be able to exit in case of an emergency? Otherwise, the staff is very pleasant, and their physical therapist has done a fine job. I don't like the wait to be buzzed in, but I understand why the facility would be locked down, it's just an inconvenience.

Did not handle Mom's needs well. Showers not given on schedule, bed not changed on schedule, laundry piled up. Call button not answered despite multiple tries. Could not calm Mom when she was agitated and then had her taken to hospital. Very sad for all of us. Would not choose them again.

Horrible Experience!

All bad. My moms room was not move in ready. The washing machine was broken. The people were rude in the restaurant. Our first bill was wrong. Their maintenance was terrible. There was not enough maintenance staff. This was an absolutely horrible experience. I am very upset about her placement here. I would not recommend this place at all. I'm not happy. The food is very bad. I nothing positive to say. Except that frank at the front desk is nice. It took 50 minutes before anyone responded when my mom fell out of bed.

Caring, attentive staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Windemere Park thus far. The staff are friendly and professional, respond quickly to emergencies, and are very solicitous in the care that they provide to the residents.

Great Experience

Overall a great place. My Dad has been there a while now and is enjoying his stay. The community is very clean and friendly. The overall value is great, and the care service are tremendous. My Dad does not participate in the activities but I understand there are many available.

Windemere seems to be the best around

Windemere seems to be the best around, of the places I saw. The community is very clean, and the staff is very friendly. They do lots of activities with the residents. My Aunt really likes it!

need more adequate staff

They have a lady that facilitates the activities, and that part is done very well. There are several other areas that can be improved. They say there is supposed to be a staff to resident ratio of 4:1, but I have never seen that. They need more adequate staff. The length of time between when a resident calls for help and receives it is far too long. I don't feel it is very adequate for the amount of money we spend.

Not satisfied

Yes we were not satisfied with Windemere Park Senior living. They kept my mother locked out of her room. They kept letting her fall to the point where she had to go to the hospital. Unless you have a loved one who is sensible enough and can walk on their own do not take them here.

Wonderful Windemere Park

Windemere Park si a wonderful, happy and caring facility. Everyone is so kind and thoughtful and the place is beautiful. Large private rooms with private baths, beautiful atrium, great food. The whole package is great. And the price is very good, much less than other places we looked at. My mother was so happy there and I knew she was well taken care of.

Review of Windemere Park Senior Community Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Warren, MI

Beautiful place. Good location for all of the family. Mom's care level is beyond what they can manage

Very nice place, but didn't...

Very nice place, but didn't think my mom would be comfortable on second or third floor.

Loved it but too expensive

Loved it but too expensive

Absolutely Awesome

They are absolutely awesome. The staff is great and it's clean. There are activities going on all day everyday. When you walk in there is a board with all the days activities listed, it's going from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., and it's all voluntary. The food is good, there is always something different, and they offer an alternative, if you don't like what they have. It's phenomenal. I don't know when it's going to open, but they are in the process of completing a medicaid skilled nursing area. It used to be a hotel, and there is an atrium with palm trees and a pool. It's awesome!!

Windemere is very clean. Everyone the...

Windemere is very clean. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. My Father is happier than he's been in years and is even participating in activities. It's been many years since he has been social. He has made many new friends since being there. they always check on him and include him in activities.

Not for patients that are challenging or hard to handle.

My aunt was there for all of two days. She hated the place from the moment she arrived. I don't feel that they handled the transition well at all. The staff is nearly impossible to get ahold of and they DO NOT return phone calls. This was also impression of the hospital social worker that assisted me on transferring her to another much better memory care not far away at all. They might be fine for the easy memory patient but don't trust them with the harder cases. The halls are VERY dark and there is no access to the outdoors for these patients. So far my aunt is doing well in the other care facility that specializes in only memory care patients.

Windemere Park

Thanks to Andrea Wedge, my advisor at A Place for Mom we were able to find Windemere Park in Warren. The first time I walked in the door and met Shari Clark I knew we were in the right place. My mom is a new resident . Her first day there she loved it. The place is so clean and the staff is very friendly. It's just wonderful. I am so comfortable having my mom in Windemere and am so grateful to everyone who helped us get here.
My mom had a private room that is huge and so clean. She loves that there are 2 beauty salons, a coffee shop and a pool. She feels like she's on vacation!!

VERY clean, great activities, great s...

VERY clean, great activities, great security. Management staff not 100% engaged which can be frustrating, but the day-to-day care staff are very nice and easy to talk with.

Nice place

My loved one hasn't been here long, and we're still getting him settled and used to this new place, but overall they seem to do a good job here. The staff are all very friendly, and they keep the place clean and nice looking.
The one area I've seen so far that they could improve in would be having a few more activities oriented towards the men in the community.

Windemere

So far my Mom is not really happy. It is a beautiful location but needs more staffing. But I don't think she will be happy any where but here house.

Lg & beautiful converted ho...

Lg & beautiful converted hotel. Assisted living: 4 levels of care, very nice private & semi-private rms. Also Memory Care. Many amenities & activities. On-site Urgent Care, Pharmacy & Rehab. Visiting Dr.

Great Atmosphere

The atmosphere here is really nice and just overall great. My mom has a private room that is very spacious. They have plenty of activities for the residents to participate in. Overall it has just been a great experience and we are very happy with Windemere Park. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Best amanities and dining options. Be...

Best amanities and dining options. Best studio appartment. Not a lot of residents around. Assitant cost package pricey. Under consideration.

Pet Friendly

Pet Friendly

This is the preferred location for pl...

This is the preferred location for placement of my father-in-law. We are currently on the waiting list and hoping for an opening in the next two months.

Large facility. Very clean freindly s...

Large facility. Very clean freindly staff. Has a resturant for socializing. You can buy food and coffee and sit by the pool. Nice rooms Lots of activities. Has Memory Care on premises. They will do an assesment to determine what level of care is needed. Large apartments with full kitchens and baths. affortable. Has the option of different levels of care for an additional monthly fee. Addition level of care is extra. Memory care could be expensive though cheaper then other places that I've visited. Attached to St. Johns Medical Center

Fantastic place. Was very willing to ...

Fantastic place. Was very willing to work with me on price.

My family and my Dad Loved this place...

My family and my Dad Loved this place and he will be moving in this weekend. Thank you for your help We know that our Dad will be very happy here.

loved this place.. wanted to move in ...

loved this place.. wanted to move in myself!

Beautiful surroundings, room, activit...

Beautiful surroundings, room, activity rooms. Great menu, cafe & snack area. Happy talkative residents! Sign me up!

Windemere Park offers a lifestyle full of choices – from luxurious independent living apartment homes with optional services, to private and semi-private assisted living apartments with customized care. Our services evolve with your needs.

At Windemere Park, you will enjoy the comfort and luxury of a beautiful home without the upkeep, and the amenities and services of a fine resort without the expense.

A spectacular two-story domed atrium features lush indoor gardens, park benches, relaxing fountain and indoor swimming pool. This is a place grandchildren love to visit! On warm weather days, a beautifully landscaped courtyard beckons you outside for relaxation or conversation.

There may be a time in one’s life when assistance is as welcome as it is necessary. Our “aging in place” philosophy allows residents the choice of making Windemere Park their permanent home.

We invite you to meet our staff and to get to know us. It will be our pleasure to have you reside with us.

City info

Known for its beautiful weather, Warren, Michigan is a car-dependent city. There are numerous senior housing facilities and veteran's facilities in the area to provide the support needed.

-Walkability score: Warren, Michigan has a walkscore of 43 out of 100; it is a car-dependent city.

-Average age in the zip: The median resident age is 43.2 years.

-# of senior housing facilities in the zip: There are 313 senior housing facilities with rates starting from $540.00 and going up to $2,928.00.

-Average weather info: Warren, Michigan offers relatively comfortable weather. On average, there are 181 sunny days per year, with the July high reaching approximately 84 degrees. Warren, Michigan only sees approximately 33 inches of rain and 31 inches of snowfall each year.

-Veteran's facilities in the area: There are five veterans facilities, including VFW Post 6756 Cpl. Richard W. Menege Post, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Native American Vase and the Royal Canadian Legion.

Transportation

Transportation is convenient in Warren, Michigan. There are 7 bus routes, 7 different taxi companies and even ride shares operated by the city.

-Buses - SmartBus. Route numbers include 494 to Dequindre, 510/515 to Van Dyke, 530 to Schoenherr, 710 to Nine Mile Crosstown, 730 to Ten Mile Crosstown, 740 to Twelve Mile Crosstown and 760 to 13Mile/14Mile Crosstown. Curb-to-curb transportation services are available for seniors age 55 and up between the hours of 8am to 3pm. Reserve trips by giving one week's notice for doctor's appointments and two day's notice for all other trips. The buses are wheelchair accessible.

-Trains: There are 6 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of Warren.

-Taxis: 7 taxi companies operate in Warren.

-Ride shares - Senior and Disabled Transportation Services. This service is offered by the city.

Health and Safety

Warren, Michigan offers numerous hospitals in the city.

-Hospitals in the area: There are five hospitals in Warren, Michigan. They include Arborview Hospital, Henry Ford, Bi-County Hospital, Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital, St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital - Macomb Center, and The Behavioral Center of Michigan.

-Crime rate in the zip: In 2015, the crime index per 100,000 was 297.3. The U.S. average is 286.7.

Sports and Leisure

Easily stay active with the vast amount of recreational centers and gyms available. Play golf with other seniors and even join senior-friendly activities at the gym.

-Golf courses near by: They are three golf courses nearby. They include the Maple Lane Golf Club, the Plum Brook Golf Club, and the Warfield Greens Golf Club. At Plum Brook Golf Club, seniors over the age of 55 can enjoy a discount from Mondays to Fridays when playing on either the 18-hole or 9-hole course. At Maple Lane Golf Course, seniors over the age of 55 enjoy discounts on both weekdays and weekends when playing on either 18-hole or 9-hole courses.

-Tennis courts/clubs nearby: There are no tennis courts nearby.

-Gyms near by – senior friendly (aerobics): There are 3 gyms that offer senior-friendly activities. They include LA fitness, Planet fitness and Allegiance Gym.

Shopping and Entertainment

There's always plenty to do in Warren. This city is filled with numerous shopping mall and restaurants, two movie theaters and four public libraries. It's easy to find various events to go to each night.

-Clothes Shopping nearby: There are 4 easily accessible shopping malls nearby. They include the Universal Shopping Center, Hoover Eleven, Tech Plaza, and Majestic Plaza Shopping Center.

-Grocery stores: There are grocery stores on almost every street. Popular grocery stores include Value Fresh Market Place, Value Land, Oakridge Market, Dave's Market and Shopper's Market.

-Other restaurants: Popular restaurants include Olive Garden Italian Restaurant, Theo's Family Restaurant and Firenze Restaurant and Pizzeria.

-Movie theaters: Enjoy free soda and popcorn refills at the MJR Universal Grand 16. Blauze Production also offers movie nights.

-Libraries: There are four public libraries in the city. They include Warren Library, Arthur J Miller Public Library, Dorothy M. Busch Library and Maybelle Burnette Library.

Religious facilities

Easily find a place of worship in Warren. There are over 53 churches and places of worship in the city to cater to various religions.

- St. Peters Evangelical Lutheran Church