American House Sterling Heights Senior Living - Sterling Heights, MI

Did Not Provide All Levels Of Care Needed

When touring communities we were looking at what levels of care they offered. What we were looking for was a place that as dads health changed that the community would be able to adjust his level of care so that we didn't have to move him again and disrupt his life. It was a nice community but it did not provide the levels of care that we thought we were going to need. The staff was nice and accommodating with information and the community appeared very clean and well organized.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us; we appreciate your feedback. There are a number of American House communities throughout Macomb county, some of which offer all levels of care, including memory care, should the need arise. Feel free to contact us for more information and a list of communities that may better suit your father's needs.

Great Tour!

American House Sterling Heights Senior Living gave a very informative tour. Their staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. The community itself was quite nice. It is very clean and beautifully maintained. It was not quite the right fit for my Dad, the community we chose was a smaller community, we felt American House Sterling Heights Senior Living community would be a bit overwhelming for my Dad.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4-star review of our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear you had a positive experience while touring with us. Best wishes to your dad.

The most professional people that I have dealt with. My aunt lives here, and is treated with respect and dignity. Much thanks to [Removed], [Removed], [Removed] (maintenance) and [Removed]. To these wonderful human beings, the home is just not a job, but a way of life. I am very blessed to have them look over my family member.

Not the Right Fit for Us, but Tout Went Well

We toured this community for my aunt, and her needs. Our tour was a nice one, but unfortunately this was not the right for my aunt. However it was a nice experience overall, and everyone was kind to my family, and I.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience and appreciate your feedback.

Clean Community!!

The tour I had taken at this community for my loved one went fine and I would recommend it to anyone. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions my mother and I had for them. They had a very clean property with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We value your feeback and appreciate your 4-star review!

I toured!!

I was familiar with the American House prior to visiting because my mother had stayed in one of their communities. They are all the same layout. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, but we found another place that fit my loved one a bit better.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We appreciate your feedback.

All concerned are super! Apartment was clean and ready. All employees are courteous and eager to help in any way. Both directors and assistant director were/are very helpful and show strong concern for my mother;s well being

American House Senior Living Communities

Michael, thank you for your 5-star review! We're glad to hear that your mom has settled in and you're happy with our community. Your feedback is appreciated.

My mom Shirley lives here at the American House. She really loves it here! The staff is great… The food is very healthy & good tasting.
I would recommend this facility to anyone. Thank You for all you do!

My mother enjoyed her respite care here for two weeks. The staff was friendly, the meals were great, the environment was clean. Great experience!

Great Community, But They Need Better Activities

My father is doing very well at this community. So far it seems like he had adjusted very well to it. It is a very clean community, they really go above and beyond with the cleaning. The staff have been great to work with. They are caring for him very well. Only bad part about this community is that there aren't many activities. The food is pleasant, he enjoys the meals. He is close to me so if anything happens I can get to him quick. This is a community I would recommend.

Wonderful Food

Great chef and meals. I think the chef is a nutritionist. Just fabulous. Great people. Great Place.

Looked like a nice place!

Caring Attitudes

Looked at a lot of places toured 2 American Houses. They are very happy to explain and assist you. They are proud of their residents and their facilities. Their caring attitude makes all the difference in my selection for my lover one.

Very clean and nice caring staff

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your positive comments! We’re happy to help residents in any way we can and do our best to offer them expert, loving attention. My door is always open if you ever need anything. All the best and warm regards! Ann Marie Folland, Executive Director

Nice place

My loved one stayed here for a time, and overall I thought they did a good job. It was a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff were all very friendly and caring. One thing I thought they did very well in particular was their meal service. It was cafeteria style, and the food was always hot and tasty.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review! We have our very own personal chef and nutritionist who work hard to create tasty and nutritious meals, for our residents making sure to provide — with residents with lots of variety. One of our perks!

Beautiful place--excellent ...

Beautiful place--excellent rooms, menu, and staff. A good place for a parent who is willing to be more active. Unfortunately, my mom would not make full use of the amenities. I think she would do better in a more home-like atmosphere. So I am choosing an adult foster home for her and crossing my fingers she does will.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback. We sincerely wish your mom well in her new home. If you’d ever like to talk about your options with American House again, my door is always open.
Ann Marie Folland, Executive Director

Didn't like this at all. No...

Didn't like this at all. Not affordable. Wasn't inviting and didn't appear to be clean. Should have given them one star.

American House Senior Living Communities

While I understand not every community is a perfect fit for
everyone, we work hard at keeping our community clean and making sure
are residents are happy and comfortable. Our services are provided on
an a la carte basis, so the amount you pay depends on what services
you need. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to give me a
call personally.
Ann Marie Folland, Executive Director

Care even when you are not there..

My father never moved into American House, he refused, although we begged him to knowing that he would be in a social, well cared for environment. Sue from American House was exceptionally helpful to me. She called each month to check on my Dad and I and was extremely helpful with advice about care givers. I think if my Dad had been in American House he would still be alive and thriving, unfortunately the dementia grew worse and he passed away very suddenly. I would highly recommend this facility having toured it more than once. Just the attention we received not even renting there was amazing. Thank you Sue for being such a kind, compassionate person, the tenants of American House are lucky to have you.

American House Senior Living Communities

I am so sorry for the loss of your father, Michele. Thank
you for taking the time to share your experience and recommend our
community. I’m sure we would have loved having him here with us.
I'm glad Sue was able to help you out and check on your family.
Ann Marie Folland
Executive Director

My Mother's new home

My mother was the one who decided that living on her own was becoming more dangerous. So we / her children started to search a new location for mom to call home. This Senior Living Center was everything we were looking for. They are courteous, compassionate, friendly, attentive to their residents and their families, clean and no smells. The activities are chosen for seniors. They understand the needs seniors have....the rooms are cleaned weekly, laundry weekly, 3 meals a day. The food is delicious ...per my mother. They have reminders daily and also check on their residents at every meal. This community living has been a positive experience not only for my mother; but also her family. Highly recommended.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m so happy that your mother loves living in our community! Thank you so much for your recommendation. Our goal is to make sure that our residents are happy and have all their needs taken care of, and I’m glad your family is pleased with all the amenities we offer.
Sincerely, Ann Marie Folland, Executive Director
[removed]

Smallest of American House

This American House community seems to be the oldest of the chain in the area. They also seem to be the smallest too. It is not a bad community it is just too small and a little outdated for what we wanted and were looking for.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for leaving your feedback – our building does have more of a quaint, homey feel to it. If you’re looking for a larger community, I can point you to our sister locations in Sterling Heights. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

[removed]

An elegant yet warm and inviting single-story community in the heart of East-side suburbs, American House Sterling Heights is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Sterling Heights, Fraser, Warren, Shelby Township, and Clinton Township, as well as hospitals including St. John Macomb Hospital, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, and Henry Ford BiCounty Hospital. Sterling Heights Senior Living in Sterling Heights provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Sterling Heights include studios as well as 1 bedrooms - all with kitchenettes, living areas and private baths. We also have a community dining room with an Executive Chef featuring restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We even have our very own ice cream parlor, "Senior Scoops" as well as warm, relaxing lounges and common areas with big-screen TV and more.

An Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.