American House Sterling Meadows Senior Living - Sterling Heights, MI

Facility was basic Independent living. Looks like a hotel from the outside. Apartments were nice. Carpet in main hallways especially on the first floor had signs of spills. Needs to be cleaned or replaced.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We appreciate your feedback.

Nice Place

We got the chance to tour American House Sterling Meadows and my mother and I really did liked it even though it was not our final decision. The place was clean, the staff was friendly, and the community's residents seemed very lively and nice as well. Definitely a good option we just chose to go elsewhere beacuse our other option was closer to me and the rest of our family. All in all a great place and option.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us at American House Sterling Meadows! We appreciate you feedback.

So Happy Living Here

We toured several communities but as soon as my sister saw this place she knew this was the one for her. I think it was the fact that the residents and the staff made her feel welcome on the tour. People stopped us to say hi and talk with us which was very nice. She loves the staff and all the residents here. My sister keeps very busily going to the entertainment and doing activities. She likes the food but loves the desserts that are her favorite.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for the 5-star review of our community! It's good to know your sister has already adjusted and has made herself at home. We appreciate your feedback and we're happy to hear you've both had such a positive experience.

Finally in !!!

Management is GREAT. I have been in contact with [Removed] for over 2 yrs and it is really nice that we finally got my grandfather into the American House. But for the Med Team that is not American House but is the company for the residents at a cost is not A team. My biggest rule of thumb is treat others the way you/ your family member would want to be treated and just feel if there better training and understand of their jobs, better care could be given. American House has great residents, good group activities and great atmosphere for the residence.

American House Senior Living Communities

Tina, thank you for your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback. We're glad you've had a pleasant experience with our team, however, it's important you overall experience is positive. We'd love an opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have and encourage you to give us a call. We look forward to hearing from you.

Great management, med team, great (wonderful). Food, everyone who works here is just so nice!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of our community. We're glad to hear you're happy at American House Sterling Meadows and we appreciate your feedback!

Pleasant Experience in This Community

It has been a good experience for my love one since her move to this community. I do like this facility, but unfortunately she will be moving to a new community because they offer a tax credit. However this is a nice community with kind people. The staff is friendly, and have been helpful when needed. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. There are nice activities available, and they provide good meals for the residents. It is a community I would recommend to my friends, and family.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review of our Sterling Meadows community. We appreciate your feedback.

Best Place

Absolutely love this facility and all the staff. Would have written a review sooner had I realized this was available. My mom has been here 2 years now and it has been the best thing for her and especially for me. The staff and facility are the best. Everyone is so attentive and I know she is safe and happy while still maintaining her independence. Nothing fancy but you feel like you are "at home".

American House Senior Living Communities

Debbie, thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of American House Sterling Meadows! We are so glad to hear both you AND your mother are happy at our community and we appreciate your feedback.

Great Staff!!

The tour I had taken at this community for my loved one went fine and I would recommend it to anyone. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions my mother and I had for them. They had a very clean property with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for taking the time to tour our Sterling Heights communities. We appreciate your feedback.

I was familiar with them...

I was familiar with the American House prior to visiting because my mother had stayed in one of their communities. They are all the same layout. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, but we found another place that fit my loved one a bit better.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for touring our Sterling Heights communities. We appreciate your feedback.

All the staff at Sterling Meadows are professional, friendly and compassionate. My dad is very happy with his apartment and the people.
Thanks Sterling Meadows!

Great Community, Very Happy With My Move Here

I really like this community. Unfortunately I'am currently in rehab, but once I get better I will return to this community. This is a smaller community compared to other, but it isn't so overwhelming. The staff is outstanding, they are very polite and respectful. This community has a good positive atmosphere. There are great activities available. I can not wait to get better, and return to this community. It is a great place.

Incredibly caring from medical term to AH staff. My mother passed away their and the compassion and dignity they offered my mother as well as the family went for our and beyond anything they were simply getting paid to do. They were all angels.

After caring for my mom & dad for 2 years at their home, it became apparent we needed more help. American House staff provided the care, comfort & nurturing my parents needed at an affordable price. They are like an extended family.

Couldn't be happier.

My mother has been a resident at this American House for the past 3 1/2 years. I cannot begin to compliment the staff enough. [Removed] and [Removed] are Director and Assistant Director and their deep caring for seniors is apparent in everything they do. The rest of their staff goes above and beyond in all they do. This past Spring there were multiple power outages due to DTE problems. Each time the power went out it was "all hands on deck" making sure that each resident was properly taken care of and fears were alleviated. On top of this, each of the designated emergency contacts were called and apprised of the situation.

My mother and I are so appreciative of the wonderful retirement life that is provided by these terrific, caring folks.

Friendly, welcoming staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at American House Sterling Meadows! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and my loved one liked that they had some nice outdoor areas to sit in. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they do a great job making you feel welcome!

I have only been at American House Sterling Meadows a short time but this I can say for sure.
The Director and Assistant Director, Renee and Todd, are the best. They make you feel comfortable. You are treated like family.
There are a lot of activities and outings if you are so inclined.
The apartments are the perfect size and it so wonderful not to have to clean, cook, and do laundry.
Good food and good company. The only thing is that sometime I might want a little more and it isn't available.
Very friendly staff and they have a medical team available for an additional cost.

I toured American House Sterling Meadows, and I liked it.

I toured American House Sterling Meadows, and I liked it. There were a couple of other places I saw that I liked too. This wasn't my favorite one, but it was nice, I liked it.

American House Senior Living Communities

There are many factors that go into choosing a senior living community and I'm happy we're on your list! I'd be happy to go over any of your concerns and see if there's anything we can do to become your favorite! I look forward to hearing from you.
Renee Lotito, Executive Director

Very good overall, except for the medical staff

Overall we're very pleased with American House as a facility. It is clean, the aide and administrative staff are all very friendly, and they have a lot to provide to their residents. However, I'd have to rate the medical staff they work with a 1. They do not seem like they've been properly trained to work with seniors, and really they just are not very good across the board. We've had a lot of trouble with them.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m happy that you like our community and all we do to make sure our residents are happy and well taken care of. If you have concerns with the medical support staff, I encourage you to stop by or call me so I can understand what specifically is going on and see what we can do.

American House Sterling Meadows Review

Todd and Rene are the best! My dad loved the place. It is very warm and friendly.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much! I’m happy that your dad loved it here; we work hard to make sure our residents are enjoying themselves.
Renee Lotito, Executive Director

I have been very pleased with the sta...

I have been very pleased with the staff and services at American House Sterling Meadows. My mother moved from Florida, and was very hesitant, but has adjusted and is happy. The staff go above and beyond, caring about the residents, The food, activities and cleanliness are excellent!

American House Senior Living Communities

What a wonderful testimony to see! I'm thrilled your mother is enjoying living in our community, and that she's happy here adjusting to the Michigan weather instead of Florida sunshine! If you or your mother ever need anything, don't hesitate to call me personally or stop in for a visit.

Renee Lotito
Executive Director

DON'T DO IT!

My father was in here. Everything was fine until dad started getting worse. You then see how little the aides work The amount of money being spent should have paid for way better care. At night after 11 to 12 there is only one aide for the whole place. The level of care was inadequate to say the least. Renee, the director is all sweet and loving while you sign up but she turns crazy very fast. She is very phony. If something happens and you are suppose to have a meeting with here she will send someone else or not show. She has absolutely no concern for the families schedules or time. This happened may times.
If you want to apply here go at the beginning of dinner, see and listen how miserable the residents are. PICK SOMEWHERE ELSE!

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m sorry you felt as though I don’t care – because I believe our residents and their families are truly important, as do the staff — and we do everything within our power to provide our residents with all their needs. Please keep in mind that our staff is indeed fewer at night, when residents are asleep and do not need as much, but they are certainly available to care for our residents. I’m available to talk about your concerns if you would like to give me a call.
Fran Marable, Macomb County Regional Director
[removed]

Very nice smaller facility, great men...

Very nice smaller facility, great menu, good activities. Furnished respite room. Friendly happy residents

American House Senior Living Communities

Such a lovely review; thank you! We work hard to make sure our residents are happy and having fun in our community. Renee Lotito, Executive Director [removed]

It has a smaller, more homey atmosphe...

It has a smaller, more homey atmosphere - not pretentious. Manager is fabulous and seemed to know everyone in the building!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your kind words and genuine review! I feel the residents here are like an extended family, so yes, I know pretty much everyone here. Renee Lotito, Executive Director [removed]

Bright, modern senior apartments with the warmth of a family community in the heart of the East-side suburbs, American House Sterling Meadows is located north of 14 Mile Road and ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Sterling Heights, Fraser, Warren, Shelby Township, and Clinton Township. We are also located close to many hospitals including St. John Macomb Hospital, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital and Henry Ford Bi-County Hospital. Sterling Meadows Senior Living in Sterling Heights provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Sterling Meadows Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedroom floorplans with full kitchens, living rooms and private baths - many with patios or balconies overlooking landscaped grounds. We also have a community dining room - restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.