My Doctor's Inn - Sterling Heights, MI

We were very impressed with My Doctor's Inn, and if our mother's circumstances hadn't changed suddenly, she would be a new resident there. The rooms are nice and spacious, everything is well kept, and it's clear that the current Assisted Living residents enjoy being there. We were especially impressed with their ability to accommodate our mother's smoking habit. There's no smoking in the rooms, of course, but they have an area outside on the grounds where people can smoke. I also liked their approach to outside shopping trips. They don't just have a driver, like so many other facilities. Each shopping trip is chaperoned by a senior staff member, who can help assure that the proper items are being purchased. Overall, we'd highly recommend My Doctor's Inn. And who knows? If Mom's situation changes again, we may see you there.

Clean facility, friendly staff. The assisted care side was warm and welcoming, however, the memory care unit was a little depressing. When we toured the memory care unit, there were no staff to be found. The head of maintenance gave us the tour and was able to answer most of our questions. No RN's on staff. Limited LPN coverage with non licensed med passers.The activity schedule was good and the menu had a good variety.

Reminds me of a hotel

This community reminds me of a hotel, with it's 3 different level, stairs and elevators, it was bright and open and the staff did a great job with our tour, they took their time showing us around and answering all our questions. I did not think that my aunt would be a good fit in such a large community but I would recommend that you schedule a tour with this community.

visited. nice facility too expensive

Still Adjusting, But Overall A Nice Community

My mother is still taking some time to adjust with her move to this community. However I do feel comfortable with her move to this community. She is safe, and in good hands. The staff is good, and they are taking good care of her. It is a well-kept community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. This is a good community for my mother, and her needs, and I would recommend it.

My Doctors Inn

I knew the minute I waked in to My Doctors Inn that it was the place for my mom. She has done remarkably well under their care. They are professional, caring, and really on top of everything. I would recommend MDI to anyone. They have a personal approach to every resident and have one goal. To enrich the quality of life!!! Thank you MDI for giving my mom her life back!!!

Place was really nice and the staff.. Although a little pricey for both parents

My Aunt has been living their one month and the staff has done a great job welcoming her and keeping us informed on how she is doing.

Poor quality assist living facility

My mother spent nine months at My Doctors Inn. It was decided some time after placing her there that it was necessary to remove her from the facility to keep her from further declining. To begin with, the day before she was due to move in, we visited the room to make sure that all was in place and found it to be filthy with a great many heavy, dark stains on the carpet, marks on the walls, dirty light fixtures. The facility refused to install new carpet and at that point we would not have moved her in had not the lease already been signed. My mother has dementia, mobility problems and is very incontinent. We asked them to make sure that she remained hydrated and to just check periodically to make certain that she was wearing an incontinence pad. Each time I visited I found glasses of untouched water everywhere about the room since although water was brought to her room, the aide just set it down and left. Also, every time I visited not only was she not wearing a pad, she was neither wearing any underpants. My mother constantly complained to me that she hardly ever saw any of the staff and if she was feeling unwell or dizzy that she was unable to find anyone to assist her. The meals served were of poor quality and much too high in carbohydrates and low in nutrients for the population living there. I repeatedly requested that she not be given any desserts and my pleas were ignored. At entrance she had moderate cognitive impairment which was unnoticeable to the casual observer and at nine months she could barely remember anything. This is a consequence of poor nutrition. Another issue was that minor objects began disappearing from her room so it was clear that a thief/thieves were among the staff. Clothing was taken to be washed and never returned, however, other persons clothes were found in her closet. The room was poorly cleaned. I continuously found fecal matter on the toilet seat. I many times observed the staff outside yelling and smoking. The outside break area behind the building where residents may want to go for walks was covered with cigarette butts. The staff seemed to tend to do a lot of partying in their station room. My mother was always complaining of yelling outside of her door. In conclusion, while the interior of the building itself is certainly pleasant and appealing, the care leaves much to be desired and if you are considering moving your loved one here, please reconsider this decision and look elsewhere.

Lovely assisted living facility. Assisted living has many amenities--library, kids playroom for grandchildren,beauty shop, sunny cafe like atrium great food. The doctors and nurses on staff a valuable asset and provide "peace of mind" for families. Staff all seemed happy and were friendly.

Short experience, but very nice people

My loved one was only here for a few weeks, but I thought My Doctor's Inn did an excellent job during his brief stay. The people were friendly, and they kept him very comfortable.

Friendly, caring staff

Our experience with Mr Doctor's Inn was only a brief one, but I thought they did an excellent job! The staff here is friendly, caring, and professional, and they do a great job looking after the residents. Unfortunately it turned out they were able to provide the level of care my loved one required, but they really went above and beyond keeping her comfortable while we searched for a more suitable facility.

Safe and Secure

We have only been there for about a month now, but the setting and location of the My Doctor's Inn facility has allowed my loved one to feel safe and secure while she is staying there. It is a good feeling.

wonderful place

My Doctors Inn is a care facility that Care is what it is all about. Every detail is taken care of from cleanliness to friendliness to meals to staff all is 1st class. you can see this is not just a job for the staff there.The administration was very straight with me it wasn`t a sell job or a pressure situation which turned me off at other communities,there was a genuine side to everyone i met and my mother seems to be thriving there even on bad days ,it is much much better than anything i could do. When even chefs and cooks come out of dinning room and introduce themselves to you there is a degree of caring there that i believe will make my mothers time there positive and productive. MY doctors Inn a wonderful place for MY MOM!!