The Young Home For The Elderly - Warren, MI

Young Home for the Elderly-Make sure you visit your loved one.

My grandmother was paying 150.00 a day for respite stay of 3 weeks. The move in process went very smoothly. I was impressed with the housing and staff. This was a smaller scale nursing home and most residents looked well cared for and respected by staff. One or more family members visited Grandma every day while she was there. She lasted less than one week. They called my uncle, abruptly, to say that grandma was being very disruptive at night on the 6th day and to come pick her up. I was under the assumption that all had been well. My grandmother looked comfortable and while I was there, I would be the one initiating her toileting and bathing needs. I called to ask why they hadn't addressed her behavior at night with us when it first happened and they stated they thought it get better. I find this unacceptable. Maybe she didn't fit in or maybe they felt the family was being disruptive because we visited every day and noticed some health code violations. When the cook served the food, her long blonde hair was all over and she flung her back while serving the food. The displayed meal showed Shepherds Pie with salad and roll. The cook could not answer to why the items were missing.

Nice Backyard

This was such a good fit for my father in law. He has adjusted quite well here. The location is perfect very close to us so we can visit and take him out for the day to do things. He is doing activities here and even helping out in the kitchen. The staff is amazing here so kind and helpful and accommodating. The house itself is a good size very spacious. It sits on a nice size lot so they have a big backyard where my father in law can just walk around.

philosophy

Love their philosophy : everyone pays the same your paying for the care not the room

Such a Very Clean Community

My uncle is under great care at this community. He tells me he is very happy there. He says the people are friendly, the staff are wonderful and he likes the meals. The cleanliness was the first thing I noticed and liked along with the friendly and knowledge staff.

Stopped at facility and asked for ED or marketing call back - none came

Feels like home!

The staff are great communicators and are very attentive with my mother's care. They take initiative and get me involved when necessary. The community is very clean and comfortable. They offer several activities for my mom to enjoy. My mom loves the girls who care for her!

More activities needed

My parent has been here for a few years. I love the fact that it's small and the care is good for the most part. However, it makes me sad that the residents just sit and either sleep on the couches or watch television. I never see any type of stimulation. No games, music, etc. I used to see them toss a beach ball around the room to get residents moving. But, I haven't seen this in a long time. They need more structured activities. Even residents with Dementia could benefit from some mind stimulation.

However, I find you need to pick your battles...............

Young home is a great place!

We moved my grandma in a few weeks ago and we really like the young home. It's very comfortable and the staff is amazing. They are welcoming and kind. They make us feel at ease. Before this she was living alone and it just wasn't safe. Gail, the director, is amazing as well! She use to own the home so she is very invested and present.

We loved the small home feel rather then a nursing home or bigger institution. The staff knows my grandma and deals with all her quirks!