Loved one likes living at the arbor inn

Review of Arbor Inn

I like this community. They see to needs of the residents in a timely manner. If you have questions there is always someone to answer them. The staff is always pleasant.

Review of Arbor Inn

The staff is genuinely engages, caring and always ready to answer the call. Mom likes the food, the people and the activities keep her mind working. She is in a good place both physically and mentally – she often comments on how clean the facility is and particularly enjoys walking the long hall spaces for exercise.

This location fits within my mom's budget & is very close to her family & friends. It meets all her needs. There have been some issues which were addressed immediately. All residents very happy with the food. I am reserving judgement as to how attentive they are to residents needs. It is acceptable thus far.

My sister toured the Arbor Inn while we were looking for a facility that had a flexible smoking policy, to accommodate our mother's 80-year smoking habit. In that respect, the Arbor Inn did not fail to meet our needs. The rooms are a bit small, but then the price is quite a bit less than the larger, newer establishments. And it seemed like everyone genuinely knew each other and were exceptionally friendly. If you're looking for more of a studio setup at a relatively inexpensive price, it's well worth taking a tour of this facility. Full disclosure: We did not select Arbor Inn because our mother's needs changed. But it was near the top of our list prior to that.

Worst place ever

This place is horrible. It's like stepping into a senior living facility fro the 1950s. My dad was in there for several months and complained about the help and food constantly. His money was [Removed] several times. And when He got into it with the head nurse, he was evicted. At Christmastime! Nice. We had one month to find him a new place. Don't even think about condeming a loved one to this place.

My mom is still trying to get acclimated

My mom is still trying to get acclimated to moving into The Arbor Inn but the staff is working with her on that. For now, she is not getting involved in any of the activities or special events I think that it is still too early for her and the staff is working with her somewhat as well. The community is very nice, well kept up

Good fit for Dad!

The Arbor Inn is a beautiful smaller community. It is a great fit for my Dad. I believe a larger community would be overwhelming for him. It is a very clean and well-kept community. The staff is very friendly caring. I've dined with Dad and the food is pretty good! I had the Philly Cheese steak and I was pleasantly surprised. When my Dad first got there he had to have his food pureed, now he gets to enjoy the normally prepared meals. The Arbor Inn is very inviting for families to come and visit. They provide activities which they try and encourage the residents to participate. My Dad is more of an introvert. They recently had an ice cream social which we all went downstairs to enjoy. They have two outdoor courtyards with sitting areas where the residents can enjoy the outdoors.

The staff is almost super friendly.You set the impression that they really care about their residents. There are few bad apples but that is a given anywhere you go regardless.

I like it here. They didn't do nothing at my old place. Here they do things.

Staff is ready to help and food is good.

Stay clear

My father was there, when you walk in the smell hits you. Visited my father often, every time his urinal was sitting next to his bed FULL and looked to have been sitting there for some time! He stopped walking because they did not take the time to walk him to the dining room. Rooms are very small and bathrooms are shared by 4 people. Father fell, obtained a sore that was not properly cared for and due to the lack of care for it he obtained a severe infection which lead to his passing. This place is OK for ones that can care for themselves, but walking through you can see many are just laying in bed (some calling out for help). I have worked in assisted living for a long time, and this is a OK place for OK service! If you need any level of care I would go elsewhere!

So loving!

This may not be the classiest place, but it is definitely the most loving! The staff does an amazing job at making my mom feel cared for. The meals are very good, and she gets plenty of opportunities to socialize. I would absolutely recommend this facility!

Good option for advanced care needs.

The place itself is a four. My mother's experience hasn't been very good so it's difficult to score them.She's not a big fan of the food right now.Their kitchen is closed and they are using a catering service. It's an older building and it could use some updating.My mother says it's "gloomy" probably because of the florescent lights. I would say it's a higher level of care, close to a nursing home.

Clean & friendly place

A very nice place for the money. Staff is very good to my Mom. Lots of stuff to do there. Great food, my Mom loves being here. Very clean.

Horrible Place

This place in my opinion is a horrible place. Staff is somewhat nice when you initially contact them because they want your business. After they reel you in, attitudes change and the "we are so caring" mentality pretty much becomes non existent. While my mother was in their so called care, she was admitted to emergency twice for dehydration in addition to malnutrition. We paid the additional money for their Level 2 care which was suppose to assist my mother with feeding, showers, escort to the dining facility, and laundry once a week and they did ABSOLUTELY nothing. They did the total opposite. My mother ended up with bed sores from being left in the bed all day which explains the dehydration and malnutrition. When we pulled her out and placed her in another facility, they were blown back by the condition the Arbor Inn allowed her to get to. I wish I could give this place negative stars but this system won't allow it. My list of complaints is actually a lot longer, but I need to cut this short because football is about to come on. This is just MY experience I've had with this place. I'm sure other people's experience may vary, but if you ask me, keep your loved ones far AWAY from this place. Again, just my opinion!!

Providing The Needs and Care For My Mom

I think is is very fine with acceptable level of care. The up keep the facility very good, clean, and it is nicely decorated. They have a beauty shop and my mom is pleased with the service and they just charge it to her room. My mom likes the workers here. The price is right for me, simple and not fancy. She likes the meals they serve, it the main thing she likes. They have bingo, library, and outings. They are good with communication, options and services.

My Father Is Doing Very Good Here, We Are Pleased

My father is doing great here at this community. Everybody is wonderful, I know he is in a good place. It is a very nice place and I would recommend it. A place for mom was great to work with, they provided great referrals. I would also recommend a place for mom if you need any help. We have had a great experience with this community, and always a place for mom.

Very observant staff!

The community is very nice and the staff is great. The staff is very good about keeping me informed about what my loved ones needs and the current state that my loved one is in. The community is also kept very cleans. I have never had any problems with needed something cleaned.

The Aides were fine but the head nurse lady was not friendly and it was her way or the highway

The Arbor Inn is a good place for my mom!!!

The staff are friendly, outgoing and know who my mom is. They work with the family and for my mom. I tried the food at a picnic and it was fine. They offer activities such as games, bingo, movies and daily exercise classes. This is a clean community that I would recommend.

The biggest thing is their head nurse she needs to learn some people skills..or get a different job where there are no elderly residence

Did not care for the Nurse seems to have an attitude

Fabulous Community

It was a hard transition at first for my mother to this community. Now that she has a had some time to adjust everything is working out well. This is very lovely community, it is very well maintained, everything looks nice and clean. The staff and director are amazing, they are great to work with. Everything about this community is fabulous. They provide excellent care. I know my mother is in good hands. I would absolutely recommend this community.

The Arbor Inn

The staff is just fantastic. My mother moved rooms four times and they were willing to work with her until they found the right fit. The staff has just been wonderful. It's very clean and friendly. The value is great! She's getting 24/7 care, her medicine, and her laundry. The food is okay, but I think I need someone to assist the residents in the dining room. Overall, this community has been fantastic!

Review of The Arbor Inn - Warren, MI

This was in the right price range. Its more of an institution than a home and not the direction we are looking for but a good fall back

Satisfied

Overall I am very pleased with this property. The staff is wonderful and i love everything about this place.

Comfortable clean helpful

It is always very clean there. Everybody has been helpful, even the ladies in the dining area. They always address the patients by their names. it is very comfortable there.

Great Place. Clean and friendly

Everybody has been helpful, even the ladies in the dining area.

It is always very clean there. Everybody has been helpful, even the ladies in the dining area. They always address the patients by their names. It is very comfortable there.

Arbor Inn

My mother lived in this community and was treated with respect and loving care from the staff. Roberta, the lead nurse, did her job way and above the standard of personal care and health caring. The Great Lakes Caring Hospice groups was also helpful and caring of my mother. I would definitely recommend the Arbor Inn for someone's parent's and loved one.

really happy

I am really happy that mom is at The Arbor Inn. They have quite a few activities. Everything is going as good as it can be considering mom has dementia. She has been taken to the hospital several times and the staff is very on it and quick to help. I am quite satisfied with this facility.

They could improve on the food and that the doctors stay in contact with the family.

Nice place, not a great fit for those with dementia needs

The Arbor Inn is a nice place, but it did not end up being a great match for my loved one in terms of the care they offer. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly. However it was just too large a facility for residents with dementia or memory care issues to easily navigate.

I toured here, and I liked The Arbor Inn.

I toured here, and I liked The Arbor Inn. There were a couple of places that I visited, that I liked. This wasn't the one that really stuck out to me, as being my favorite, but it was nice, and I liked it.

Review of The Arbor Inn in Warren, MI

I would recommend Arbor Inn to anyone who needs assisted living for themselves or their loved one. It's clean, great people with lots of activities to keep everyone happy. The price is also nice for any income. (Just check around and you'll see what I'm saying is true). Do yourself a great big favor and live out your years with the people who care at Arbor Inn!!

Food

The biggest complaint I hear from my family member is that the food is lukewarm or cold by the time it is served.
Any chance they could put covers on the plates to reduce the cooling of the food before it reaches the table?
When food is the highlight of your day, it's very important that the entrees be served hot. All of the workers are wonderful, and the facility is good.

The staff at The Arbor Inn got to know all the residents by name and got to know them personally. They also really went out of their way to accommodate any diet restrictions or other concerns.

One thing I can think of where they might could improve is this: I think that they needed to have more nursing staff. There was only the one main gal (Roberta). Roberta was excellent (very caring, gave you her undivided attention, did an excellent job, etc.), but it was all her. The poor lady was overwhelmed and really needed some assistance

great place

Not knowing how your graph bars work, I made the mark not all the way to great. They have been very helpful and are doing all they can to help me keep my sister's costs down. Everyone has been very nice and helpful and also very encouraging. Really appreciate that as I was kind of at my wit's end getting something in place for her care.
It is a very beautiful place and is immaculate. They are providing lots of opportunities for social activities and interaction with other residents. My sister has some health issues that are being addressed very well by the staff and doctors coming into their facility. This has made my life much better and has saved me from making weekly trips across town to take her to a doctor for treatment. All told, I am greatly impressed and relieved for all their help.

This place was okay, but fe...

This place was okay, but felt the rooms were a bit too small for two people. Houses quite a few residents. Question if they have enough staff to assist so many of the residents needing help.

Very Friendly and Homey

The Arbor Inn is very homey and comfortable. It is not big and overwhelming like some other communities. The friendliness of the staff really stands out. They obviously care about the residents and really know who they are. The food is good for the most part. Overall, this community can meet the needs of all different types of residents, and it was the perfect fit for my loved one.

Decent community

My loved one’s room’s cleanliness would be a five, but the overall building is a little older. The population seems to be on the more advanced end of the spectrum. My loved one seems to like the food. They have a new chef.

3 levels of care

they are going to get a better system for the residents to call for assistance and they do need a better system.
Currently they have a bracelet with a whistle.
the food seems to be good and most everyone is friendly.
we like the option of the 3 levels of care.

Angels

I moved my aunt in just over a week ago. So far everything is great. Everyone is very kind, helpful and truly concerned about the residents. Thank you Arbor Inn! Bekki, Roberta, Nenna to name a few are wonderful.

Nice place

Overall they do a good job here. The facility itself is always clean and well kept, and the staff members all seem friendly and professional. The level of care they provide suits all of our loved one's needs, and she seems to be enjoying the activities they provide.

great

Love it. The facility has been a great help to make sure my mom is safe and happy to be there. She has already started to feel like it's her home.

Very Depressing, gloomy Che...

Very Depressing, gloomy Checked out sister property Farmington Hills Inn and found it to be more acceptable

Very nice looking place, friendly staff

We toured this place when we were looking into options for my loved one. I just saw it one day and dropped in, and they were happy to show me around and give me a tour on the spot! They were very friendly and very accommodating. It was a very nice looking, simple, and homey place. It really was just what we were looking for for my Dad, but unfortunately they did not have locked memory care available, which was a necessity for us.

Mom's recovery

Mom is almost 90 and is recovering from hip surgery in June 2013. She wasn't ready for a nursing home but could not come home yet. She has limited movement and must use a wheelchair to get around. The assistance at Arbor Inn has, for the most part, been very accommodating. I wish there was better communication between the shifts as she did not get her flu shot last week. We expected a verbal approval to night nurse to be sufficient. It was not. If you need something done, make sure it is in writing and make sure it is on the resident's chart. Everyone is friendly and we have never seen any indication of neglect or abuse. Of course, the "rent" is very affordable compared to a full blown nursing home. We are still waiting for her to get her own wheelchair ordered as we are loaning one from a relative. Again, more follow-up is needed on part of family.

Very nice Assisted Living f...

Very nice Assisted Living facility. Choice of semi-private & private rm/bath. 3 levels of care. Many amenities & activities. Visiting PT, OT & Drs.

I am considering this one

I am considering this one

They offer everything my mom would need.

They offer everything my mom would need.

I did tour this facility and it still...

I did tour this facility and it still may be a possibility.

Very nice, good price.

Very nice, good price.

The Arbor Inn, established in 1975, is a residential care community that preserves your dignity and respects your independence, while offering you companionship, security and personal care. This is a place where you can maintain an independent lifestyle, pursue your own interests, and make new friends.
Residents of The Arbor Inn enjoy some of the same amenities of a fine hotel, including the comfort and security of 24 hour a day professionally trained staff. Medical assistance is available from our full time nurse and trained resident aides.
The Arbor Inn is the perfect home for seniors who want to lead a reasonably active, carefree life without the burden or responsibilities of maintaining a house or apartment. The Arbor Inn can satisfy many of life’s basic needs that many seniors would have difficulty maintaining on their own. Here you live independently but at the same time you are an important part of our community. The Arbor Inn is truly home.