American House Troy Senior Living - Troy, MI

We toured this community

We went on a tour here and they were nice and helpful and they answered all of my questions. I was not impressed with the food here. There were not many options and it was to heavy. The rooms were on the smaller side.

This is our families first holiday party at the American House in Troy. Wow!! What a wonderful experience. The festive atmosphere was great and everyone was friendly. The staff went beyond our expectations. Clean and organized event. Way to go American House. You guys are rock stars.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for your 5-star review of our community! We love organizing events as it gives us the opportunity to meet with so many wonderful family members. Glad to hear you enjoyed it and we look forward to seeing you at the next event. Thanks for your feedback!

Fantastic

I can't even begin to explain how amazing the staff is here at the Troy location. From the very first day my parents were welcomed with open arms and made them feel welcome. The staff made the transition from my home to here easier on all of us. I was truly worried how they would adjust, no worries now. I get hugs from everyone when I come in. THANK YOU EVERYONE HERE AT THE AMERICAN HOUSE.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your glowing, 5-star review of our community! We're so happy to hear your parents have adjusted and you have peace of mind knowing they're home here with us at American House Troy. We truly appreciate your feedback.

everyone helpful

evryone is helpful, beautiful experience very festive

American House Senior Living Communities

Diane, thanks so much for your 5-star review of our community! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed our event - join in anytime!

Food could be better

The American House Troy Senior Living is a beautiful community. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. The meals that are provided do not give many options for healthy meal choices. I am used to eating more organic foods with not so much seasoning and sugars added. Residents are not offered alternative choices if they do not want to eat what is offered on the menu. I have a nice apartment that I am still settling into. There are activities for the residents to participate in, at this time I am recuperating so I have not yet had the chance to engage in what is offered.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4-star review of American House Troy. We're glad to hear you're settling in to your new apartment and wish you well as you recuperate. We encourage you to reach out to our executive director to discuss meals and available options at our community. Thanks again - we appreciate your feedback!

Clean and friendly place. Waitlisted again for low income parents

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review of American House Troy. We appreciate your feedback.

Nice clean place

We took a tour today and the facility is very nice. The staff is super friendly and the food was good.
The apartments are a nice manageable size with a full kitchen and small outside balcony. The only problem with the apartments is that they have bathtubs, which would seem to be a problem for many seniors. They do have safety bars to hang onto. They also have bathing assistance for an additional fee.
They seem to have quite a few activities. I know someone mentioned there weren't many, but they have movies on Sat/Sun, bingo, trips to Meijer, a off location picnic, book club, speakers, book club and bible study.
The grounds are nicely kept. The residents were also friendly to us visitors.

American House Senior Living Communities

Sue, thank you for your 4-star review of our community. We appeciate you taking the time to tour with us, and your feedback is invaluable. Thanks again!

Bad medical team

Clean and friendly at American house. The Medical Team is horrible. They have a bad system that isn't working. My mom has waited more than 40 minute before someone came to her aid after she hit her medical care necklace. My mom didnt receive her medications on time and some times didnt even receive them. If your loved one needs medical care do not come the American House.

American House Senior Living Communities

Katie, we appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us an opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to our community's executive director at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

[Removed] was gracious in showing us the available amenities and services. The environment was pleasant, but some of the areas used for gatherings were confining. The fees are more that the previous American House we visited. We are beginning to think that maybe we are not ready for this type of environment. We would be paying for services and amenities that we would not use.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for visiting with us at American House Troy. We appreciate your feedback. Our monthly rent is comparable to other communities in the area and includes meals, activities, outings and social events. Additional services are available should the need arise.

Cozy bedrooms!!

My loved has really made him self right at home since the move into this community. All of the residents have done an excellent job at welcoming him with open arms and making him feel comfortable in his new living environment. At this point he has no complaints and is very pleased with his decision to make the move into this facility.

American House Troy Senior Living gets my recommendation!!

The community is clean and well taken care of. The staff are approachable, very nice and I have no issues with them. The only minor issue I have with this community is the lack of activities. They offer bingo and a movie night. The food is above average.

One Of My Tours

The tour I had at this community was good for me. I was able to see what they have to offer. The community was a bigger facility and I felt it was impersonal. My brother needed more support for his care. This was not a good fit for my brother.

Too Far From The Family

My tour at this community went good. The staff and everything seemed to be fine. I would have chose this community but the distance was too far when needing to visit.

I Loved This Community

I really liked this community, my tour went very well. The community looks great and very well maintained. I got a really good feeling while touring this facility. The staff was very nice and friendly. Our problem was with the rooms, they are very small and tight. Everybody was very welcoming and kind. It is a very nice community, but just not the right one for my father.

American House Positive Experience

Change is always difficult but sometimes its for the best. American House was the best thing for my mother. Despite the fact my mother was reluctant to leave her home, she is happy and content in her new apartment at American House. It allows her to socialize with individuals of her own age and she can participate in activities. We no longer worry about issues with the home or the fact that my mother is alone. The move to American House has added vitality and enjoyment for my mother.

Comforting Reassurance For Mom

Diane Ambroziak was extremely helpful in our search for the appropriate placement & resources for our Mom. Even when we took a break for a year and re-evaluated mom's situation, Diane was right there when we picked it back up again. I was comfortable asking for resources regarding financial/tax implications, as well as service options. She was objective and helpful.

A great facility but the medical team is short staffed

It's a great facility but the medical team is short staffed and they do minimum. They don't have enough people to get to all the residents. They are not really good but Nancy the nurse is fantastic. They need to have a low salt diet and a diabetic diet. The food they serve is too high in starch and bread. There is not enough choices for diabetics.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for providing your feedback on American House Troy. At all American House communities, medical and personal support services are provided onsite 24/7 by a Medicare certified home health care agency not affiliated with American House. Your feedback will be provided to the medical team. If I can be of assistance in any way, please reach out to me directly.
Debbie Smith, executive director

Seemed like a nice place!

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place! It was clean and the people were friendly. However it was also one of the more expensive places we saw, and out of the price range we were looking in.

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm glad you like our community! We're like one big family
here. Please also keep in mind that our prices include various
amenities, including a plethora of varied activities and events
planned by our Life Enrichment Director! I'd be happy to go over your
options with you if you'd like to give me a call directly.
Debbie Smith, Executive Director

The community was warm and welcoming. The staff person providing my tour was excellent. She was thorough and explained everything I would need to know in making a decision. There was a good selection of activities my mom could participate in, great menu options, and it felt like a community where I know my mom would be safe and happy.

American House Senior Living Communities

It is our priority that our residents feel safe and happy and are having fun in our community, so I’m confident your mom would enjoy herself here! Thank you for leaving your feedback. Should you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to call me personally.
Debbie Smith, Executive Director

everything was just great!

They are very professional and very compassionate. Very friendly, and very respectful to the seniors that live there. Everything was just great! Our friend is receiving excellent care and attention, getting the needed meds, good nutrition, etc. It has really been a blessing. It's almost as if the dementia has decreased. We are all very pleased!

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m happy to hear your friend is doing well! We treat our residents like family, so it’s always nice to know that their loved ones can see how much we care. My door is always open if you have any questions or just want to chat.
Debbie Smith, Executive Director

Great fit for our loved one!

The staff here are very friendly and helpful, and they keep the facility itself looking well kept and clean. They were very helpful during the move-in process, and made sure things moved along smoothly. We had a large list of places we were scheduled to look at, but once we saw American House Troy we didn't feel the need to look any farther, we just knew it would be a great fit for our loved one.
One area they could improve, and this was true of the other American House we saw as well, is the food. It's not bad, but it just isn't very impressive.

American House Senior Living Communities

I always love when our prospective residents visit us and say to themselves, “THIS is the place!” When you know, you know. I’m happy to pass along any meal suggestions to our chef — just give me a call or stop by and we can talk about that or any of your concerns.

Newer of the American Houses

This community was in a nicer area and really seemed like it was the newer one of the American House chain. The only issues we had with this community is that it is small and seems like the residents wouldn't have too much room to move around in common areas.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for leaving thoughts – our community is so busy sometimes that it may look like the common rooms aren’t as spacious. I do think we’ve got enough space for everyone to get around and have a good time socializing though! If you have any other questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to give me a call.

Debbie Smith
Executive Director
[removed]

A gorgeous property combining a lovely wooded setting with superb access to nearby malls and I-75, American House Troy is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Troy, Clawson, Madison Heights, and Sterling Heights, as well as hospitals including Troy Beaumont, Royal Oak Beaumont, and St. John Oakland. Troy Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our apartment homes include spacious and elegant 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans, each with a great room, complete kitchen, private bath and patio/balcony overlooking beautifully landscaped grounds. Relax in our common areas - including beautifully appointed foyer and lounge areas. Take advantage of our convenient onsite beauty salon/barber shop, fitness center, and library.

We also have a community dining room that provides restaurant-style dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.