White Oaks at Heritage Woods of South Elgin - South Elgin, IL

White Oaks at Heritage Woods of South Elgin - South Elgin, IL has yet not published prices.

Bed Begs at White Oaks at Spring Street and White Oaks

Hi- I just wanted to provide some feedback about two dementia facilities under the same company. White Oaks at Heritage Woods of South Elgin and [Removed]. I had a family member stay at White Oaks and the one here on [Removed] and the bed bug problem was incredibly bad to the point the bugs were in the hundreds in my family members' room.

The staff was as attentive could be but the facility did nothing initially to get rid of the problem and didn't communicate with our family about it. To have a loved one in a place where there is a widespread bed bug problem is not just wrong, it's inhumane.

I hope families looking to place loved ones with Dementia will consider this before sending or referring anyone to either. The sad part is that these are residents who don't know of this epidemic.

Look elsewhere

My parent lived there for months. While the facility looks great and people are friendly they are not prepared or willing to assist with certain needs. Arden courts is so far superior. This facility is not prepared to deal with a resident with worsening memory issues. I actually had CNA's tell me that they did not know what to say when a resident got confused. The staff is very young and not fully trained to deal with memory issues. Without exaggeration 90% of the time the residents are sitting and sleeping in their chairs. They talk a good game by listing activities that actually never took place. Arden has skilled nurses and aides that deal with memory impairment and can handle when your parent gets worse. I caught a certain nurse in lies three times with regards to my parent. When the parent gets sick they notify the MD by fax first. The nursing care is sub par. Make sure you have a plan in place when your parents memory gets worse- you will be forced to hire another company to assist or be stringly encouraged to move. Seek elsewhere. There are better places. I am a health professional and I regret having placed my parent there. Rent went from $5800 to about $6300-6500 once at full capacity. I saw no difference in the activities.

So far I am not very happy.

So far I am not very happy. They haven't been very attentive. I will have to see how things are handled before making any decisions, but for now I am not very satisfied.

Beautiful Facility

It's a beautiful facility, a lot like Arden Court. A little more personal and it's not a four-beds-in-a-room kind of place.

White Oaks at Heritage Woods of South Elgin is an affordable memory care community for older adults of all incomes. The community opened last year, and is one of five affordable memory care pilot projects recently approved by the state.

White Oaks has 32 private apartments in four neighborhoods. The community was developed as part of an $8.4 million expansion of Heritage Woods of South Elgin, which provides an affordable assisted living community for older adults.

The community is fully certified to operate through the Illinois Supportive Living program, which enables us to serve adults 65 and older of all financial means, including those on Medicaid.

Our focus is on providing residents with the love, compassion and dignity they deserve in addition to the personal assistance and help with medications that they need.

The Heritage Woods of South Elgin community is managed by BMA Management, Ltd., a mission-driven company that is the largest provider of affordable assisted living in Illinois.

For more information or to schedule a visit, call 847-531-8360