Westbrook Senior Living - Streamwood, IL

Westbrook Senior Living - Streamwood, IL has yet not published prices.

Very warm and welcoming place. We felt very comfortable there and the residents we ran into were happy. Our guide focused on our needs, which was care vs. spending time reviewing the dinner menu. Room sizes small, which may or may not work for people transitioning in from large homes. Liked the fact that meals were part of the monthly charge. We felt they really listened to what was important to us right now.

Review of Westbrook Senior Living

My father was at another assisted living center and Westbrook has far exceeded our every expectation. The staff always greet everyone and treat residents with respect and care. The entire community facility is always clean - as is my father's studio in AL. The nurses and care assistants are very responsive. They have more than enough activities and social opportunities (theatre room too!) so my dad can be as active and social as he wants. I toured twelve facilities and Westbrook was by far the best - it is worth the money - you get the best.

Review of Westbrook Senior Living

[Names removed] have helped my mother [name removed] and my entire family tremendously. Very caring, knowledgeable, trustworthy and understanding. All of the nurses and RA's have welcomed my mother and have been there to help with every need. [Name removed] has entered a special place in my mother's heart as a result of her care and amazing personality. And [name removed] has really helped to quickly make this facility "home" for my mother and has been respectful and helpful to my entire family. Thank you all!!

Review of Westbrook Senior Living

My dad is in Memory Care at Westbrook and our family is very pleased with the quality of care they provide. It's a beautiful facility and very comfortable, just like home, and my Dad couldn't be happier. Every time I visit Dad he tells me how much he likes living here. There aren't enough words to express my gratitude to the staff who are so loving, kind, compassionate, and caring!

Review of Westbrook Senior Living

This is a great senior center. The friends I have made are good. The staff is good., parties and people. It;s all about love.

Review of Westbrook Senior Living

My mother has been a resident of Westbrook Memory Care for 2 years. The staff has transformed an overwhelming situation into one that gives you hope. I know that my mother is not only being cared for by staff but loved. The manager of Memory Care, [name removed], has taken time to get to know each of the residents and ensure that staff receive what they need in order to provide excellent care. Residents of this area are engaged through various activities daily. In addition, they are treated to many social/entertainment events allowing them to interact with the "neighbors." My family and I are grateful for all that they do to care for our Mother.

Review of Westbrook Senior Living

My mom loves Westbrook. The staff, nurses, and caregivers are the absolute best and I'm confident that she's well cared for. We checked out several retirement communities and Westbrook is by far the cleanest and nicest facility in the area. A big thank you to the entire staff.

We liked it very much and are seriously considering Westbrook.We are still looking in order to keep our options open but this place is very very nice.

Review of Westbrook Senior Living

So much more than brick and mortar!

Approximately six months ago, I was in a situation of having to find a memory care community for my wife. My requirements were high. Three or four days into my search and after having visited way too many communities, my son and I were visiting Westbrook Senior Living in Streamwood. During our visit, we were fortunate to have met the Director of the Memory Care Unit, whom we talked with at great length. And we met many members of the staff, and just happened to have an unexpected “interview” with the daughter of a resident of the community who was there to pick up her Mom for an outing. My question for the daughter was brief and to the point, “How would you describe your experience at Westbrook?” Her response was a short five word sentence which said it all, “The staff here is amazing!”

After experiencing Westbrook for six months, I fully agree with the daughter's five word review. An example of this is easily illustrated by the fact one of the caregivers who we interacted with as my daughter, son, and I were setting up my wife's room, asked what day my wife was coming into Westbrook? When we told her, she said that was her day off, but she would come in that morning because she wanted to meet my wife, and she did.

Over the past months, I have experienced and observed much within the memory care unit. I am impressed with the Caregivers philosophy of family. Several of the staff have said to me they consider those in memory care as family, and it is evident. One day as I was leaving, a Caregiver was walking in with a huge birthday cake she had purchased for all to enjoy in celebration of a resident's birthday. I have received calls from the Director keeping me informed on the transition progress of my wife. I have witnessed many times, staff sitting with residents on the benches in the halls, just talking and keeping them company. I have witnessed the Director playing cards in the early evening with a new resident helping in the transition process. I have seen and heard laughter many, many times among staff and residents. It is unusual to not see a smile on the faces of staff. It is evident the staff enjoys what they are doing, and the residents enjoy the staff.

The brick and mortar of this approximately three to four year old facility is outstanding. It is extremely clean, attractive, well maintained, comfortable, has many amenities, etc. One would hope that is true of any place that someone calls home, and it certainly is here at Westbrook. But in my opinion, the staff is what makes a community like this exceptional. Echoing the response of the daughter I just happened to meet during our initial visit to Westbrook, “The staff here is amazing!'

So much more than brick and mortar!

Memory care at its best

Mom lived with my family for 6 years so finding a place that could somewhat match our care seemed a daunting task. I was lucky that a neighbor told me to check out Westbrook. I can not say enough good things about this beautiful building. More than that, the memory care staff exceeded my expectations. The entire staff from the front desk staff who welcomed guests with a smile, to the techs, nurses, housekeepers, and administrators were excellent.
The techs were savvy enough to notify nursing when mom had a painful lump on her Abdomen. The staff helped us get mom the hospital care she needed. Unfortunately mom passed a short time later, but she was well cared for to the end at Westbrook. I truly felt she was home. Westbrook accommodated moms dietary needs, her physical needs and her spiritual needs. They also cared for the families needs throughout moms journey. I couldn’t have asked for a better “second home”for mom. I highly recommend that you check out Westbrook Senior living for your senior living needs.

Lauren Cardelli

Thank you Theresa, we loved taking care of your family and miss seeing you all as you were all a special part of our community. It was our pleasure to take care of your Mom, thank you for the honor and trust.

During our last communication with this facility we were told they were no longer accepting residents in Memory Care with a Dx of Vascular Dementia. This made no sense, there never was an evaluation done, thankfully we ended up at a much better facility.

The right place!

Wow, what a place! From the moment we walked in to tour the facility to now, many months later, we know we made the right choice for our parents. The people at Westbrook are very caring and attentive. I am happy with how well things are maintained. The food in the dining rooms is good with quite a variety. Try the chicken noodle soup! My parents need different levels of care. The staff at Westbrook are very accommodating to our specific needs. We have experienced time in Independent living, assisted living, and memory care. All three areas have great care for their residents. I cannot say enough about the caring staff in the memory care department! The staff has treated my Mom with respect, dignity and care! So glad we chose Westbrook!

Samantha McCue

Lisa, we are so pleased to hear you have had such great experience with our staff! We work hard to provide top quality care for all of our residents, and it is gratifying to hear that this is the case for your parents!

Other residents seem really happy

I originally chose this community because my parents would be close to me as well as other family members. The only negative thing I can say is that I thought my parents would be getting more help. My Mother isn’t the kind of person to go out and do things like activities and I was thinking that there would be staff to get her up and encourage her. This is a facility for more independent residents. The facility itself is nice and clean. The food looks really good too. All of the residents I’ve seen look really well cared for and seem to be really happy. I would recommend this community to other people.

Nicest place with the best value

We chose Westbrook Senior Living because it was the nicest place with the best value. The staff is friendly and helpful. They are welcoming to our family when we come and visit mom. The food is good, they offer variety and choices. They offer activities for the residents and have transportation for off-site excursions. They have a courtyard for the residents to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our staff here at Westbrook Senior Living. We're happy to see these positive comments about our food and all of our community amenities! Thank you for the this positive review, and have an amazing day!

Our Recent Experience.

It is a new community where they are still trying to get their act together. The food is not good here. The prices went up the day before we were to sign the contract. It was like a bait and switch deal.

Beautiful Facility

We found this to be a high quality community in a beautiful new facility. The staff member providing the tours spent a lot of time with us. She met with us multiple times so many members of our family could see the community. They had a nice programming option for residents with memory care needs. We could not use them because of the cost and our need for a long term, cost-effective, and high quality solution.

Very nice!

Westbrook Senior Living is brand new and the residents were very friendly. [removed] is wonderful. Unfortunately, while close to me (the adult daughter) it was too far from my parent's hospital of choice.

Great Tour, Really Nice Community

We really enjoyed our tour of this community. Everything went very well, and it was one of our top picks for my aunt. Everything looked great, the community is well-kept. The staff was informative, and our questions were answered. Unfortunately my aunt needed more care than they were able to provide, but our tour went very well.

Everyone was so nice!

My sister and I toured many communities with one being Westbrook Senior Living. The complex was clean and maintained well. The tour guide answered our questions and was friendly, but we found another community that for my mother's needs best.

Pleased with This Facility

All is well for my father at this community. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. I'am pleased with all they have for our family.

Love this place, small and cozy community. Beautifully decorated and wonderful amenities.

Beautiful Facility! Our Tour was conducted by [Removed] who was wonderful - very accommodating and extremely knowledgeable. Residents and staff were very friendly. Looks like it may be a fit for Mom!

Parents Enjoy This Community

I haven't heard any bad reports from my sister since my parents move to this community. So far everything is working out well. They are enjoying their time, and we know they are safe, and in a good place. My father loves the food, and that's a plus. Overall this community has worked out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

Overview

My parent was at Westbrook and had fallen several times due to lack of supervision and care. My parent had a soiled bed and wet Depends often. The facility is modern and nice, the meals are good, but the residents are not well looked after due to lack of staff and training. The charges are excessive and the place profit oriented rather than caring about the residents.

Samantha McCue

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out and let us know about your recent experience at our community. The staff at Westbrook Senior Living take the care of our residents very seriously and will address each of the concerns listed above. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any misunderstanding concerning the events mentioned above and would like to contact you specifically to help clarify this situation and do what is within our power to rectify the situation. If you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at [removed]. We hope to hear from you soon.

Getting The Suitable Care

My mom is doing fine in her new home. She has been enjoying the good meals with the many activities that they have. She feels they do not need improvements and the staff are doing a good job. I find the community kept clean always.

Not as promised

My father was in assisted living. The caregivers were unable to care for him. He is slightly over 200 pounds and they said he was too heavy and too big. The day after I moved him there I got a phone call telling me that they couldn't get him out of bed and I had to come get him up and dressed. In the month he was there they never got him going on any kind of physical therapy, they rarely took him to any activities or told him what activities were going on. He was there less than a month and we moved him to a new facility where he is happier.

Samantha McCue

P Dostalek, we regret that you had a negative experience with us, but are glad you brought this to our attention. We strive to provide the utmost care and attention to each of our residents and are sorry if you feel this was not the case. While sometimes there are limits to what we are able to do in terms of care for each of our residents, we apologize if this was not made clear throughout this process. If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, please feel free to call our Executive Director directly at [removed]. We wish your father all the best

Love Westbrook

I am writing to thank the [Removed] leadership for conceiving, planning and creating this wonderful senior living community, Westbrook, which my parents are enjoying so much! The aesthetic beauty and comfort of each gathering space reflects your caring attitude. The management team of [Removed] radiate love and leadership. They direct a wonderful and attentive staff, from reception to dining and maintenance to housekeeping. The result of their care is reflected on the faces of the residents! Many architects have made senior living designs, but Spectrum has raised the standard and deserves credit for truly honoring our precious seniors. Thank you so much for making Westbrook a wonderful place to live.

My parents happy home.

I am happy with the care that my parents are getting here. The staff is great and caring. They are really liking the activities that are offered. I highly recommend the care that my parents are receiving and would recommend other families to consider this for a loved one.

The best place for my parents

My parents have been loving there about 1 month and absolutely love it! The food is exceptional with plenty of choices. The units are well designed, clean once every other week, if you want, and the grounds are very well-maintained. My parents go many places, Jewel, Walgreen's, Paniera, Cabelos, and even Cooper's Hawk!. The play bingo, scrabble, have sing-alongs...the list goes on and on.
Please check it out!!
Thanks to A Place For Mom - otherwise we may never have found this wonderful place for my parents!

Moving to Westbrook Senior Living

A major selling point for me was that this facility is brand new! I visited many other places, and unfortunately all the apartments needed updating, as did the dining rooms, etc.
I'm sure the costs for updating their facility would be enormous, but just because their clients are older, doesn't mean their surroundings she not be cheerful and pleasant. I'm looking forward to moving to Westbrook Senior Living.
Please stay in touch with me for my comments when I actually live there.

[Removed] [Removed]

Beautiful and not too big. Very welcoming. Felt like a nice condo rather than a seniors living space.

Very pleased with Westbrook Senior Living

It's a brand new location with a few construction issues, but nothing major. Staff is delightful- always kind and very considerate. My mother says the food is very delicious. The grounds are beautiful and the building is decorated perfectly.
We are very happy in the choice we made for my mom to move to Westbrook.

Welcome to Westbrook Senior Living, a brand new community in the Village of Streamwood, Illinois. Here you or your loved one can enjoy a full lifestyle that balances activity, independence and assistance. It includes upscale amenities, chef-prepared meals, concierge services, transportation and enriching activities—all in the fast-growing northwest Chicago suburbs.