Review of Assisi H.C.C. at Clare Oaks

The staff at Assisi are all very courteous. Nursing and Therapy are very interested in the patients and their needs. Great social service help-prompt at getting questions answered. It is also on extremely clean Community with very hard working Housekeeping staff. Huge bonus-wonderful hair stylists at the salon!

Review of Assisi H.C.C. at Clare Oaks

I was at Assis for short-term rehab. Everyone is so welcoming- this was actually my fifth time here! The nurses are outstanding. I had a bunch of new medications and they were patient in explaining them all to me. Therapy was great-helped my endurance 100%. Social Services is terrific-made all arrangements for doctor and Home Health visits. They have many activities for "downtimes". I even learned new games!

Review of Clare Oaks

Everyone at Assisi is super polite and caring- they could not have done enough for me. I would definitely not be going home alone this quickly without the phenomenal Nursing care I received as well as the great Therapy. Therapy taught me so many useful "tricks" that will benefit me at home! I would not even think about researching other facilities the next time I need care- I will certainly return home!

No place is perfect, but Clare Oakes does an admirable job with short term rehabilitation!

Review of Clare Oaks

I love living here in independent living. I love made many new friends and been part of several activities. It give me comfort knowing that all my health needs will be taken care of here in Assisi H.C.C.

Review of Clare Oaks

I love living at Clare Oaks! They have all the activities I need and enjoy for healthy living. A bus takes us to outside places of interest and they bring entertainment to us here. it is small enough that we saw know our neighbors by name. It's a must see senior living complex that includes independent living cottages, apartments, assisted living, rehab w/ therapy, and memory care.

Review of Clare Oaks

Kind, thoughtful, friendly residents. Fantastic community activities every month is full. Living in burbs of Chicago many options are available, door-to-door service too. All services are under 1 roof, unless you select a cottage, then it's just a small distance.

Review of Clare Oaks

Everyone on staff was friendly and receptive to my mom's needs. The therapists had the right temperature for working with elderly patients who are in pain. They obsessed and listened to mom's concerns, and gradually built her strength up from her fractured hips.

Review of Clare Oaks

This is an immaculate Community - the food is wonderful and both nursing and therapy are outstanding! I would recommend Assisi without hesitation. The staff is extremely hand working and attentive.

Review of Clare Oaks

The entire staff is exceptionally friendly and caring. They are very concerned about the health and safety of the residents, when visiting our father they all offered any assistance to us knowing us by name. They always answered all our questions and spent whatever time needed for us.

Review of Clare Oaks

The good friendships that I've made here during my two visits have been amazing. The people here are so kind -- always happy, always smiling. The therapists are outstanding as well. :)

Review of Clare Oaks

The staff here at Assisi at Clare Oaks is amazing and could not be more helpful. The nurses and nurse assistants are very gracious, going above and beyond what is required and expected

Review of Clare Oaks

My nurses and nurses aides were absolutely fabulous. Extremely attentive The therapist were all friendly and got me moving at my own speed. I would not hesitate to come back or recommend Assisi to someone else.

Review of Clare Oaks

I have lived at Clare Oaks for 5 years and consider it one of the best decisions I've made. The staff here have an "inner-connection" with one another as well as the patients and residents the care for. Without exception all staff are kind, curteous and go out of their way to care for us. Their constant and consistent smiles reflect that they are not just here for a paycheck - but that they love the work that they do!

Review of Clare Oaks

I was extremely satisfied with my stay. There was great staff, it was very clean and there was a lot of fun activities.

Review of Clare Oaks

Assisi Health Care is an excellent place to come for rehabilitation. Every single staff member is helpful, beginning with [name removed] at the front desk! Therapists are very well trained and educated in their disciplines and get you on your feet as quickly as possible. Nursing staff and aids are very attentive, call light are answered immediately!

Review of Clare Oaks

Super clean and bright facility Friendly, caring staff!

Review of Clare Oaks

The staff at Clare Oaks are amazing! Every single one so helpful. I have been here twice and would definately choose it again if additional therapy need. The therapist here are wonderful. They motivate you to get back on your feet again as quickly as your able.

Review of Assisi HCC

I would highly recommend assisi at clare oaks to anyone. Excellent therapy as well as nursing care. High level of consistency with therapists, staff and therefore care! Very friendly and helpful staff.

The Perfect Place

My mom moved into Independent Living 10 years ago. We loved that Clare Oaks is a progressive senior living complex. Mom had a fall and needed rehab. She was there for 3 1/2 weeks. She is now in Assisted Living. All 3 areas were remarkable! The concern and care she has received in all 3 areas is wonderful. She had 10 years of programs, care, great food, made friends in Independent Living. The Rehab facility gave her extensive therapy physically and activities to keep her busy while staying there. She made terrific progress. Now she has moved to Assisted Living where she continues to get the best of care. Every single staff member is friendly, helpful, concerned about each and every resident. I cannot say enough about Clare Oaks. I am so glad we made the decision to move Mom here. I think I will move in MYSELF when the time comes!!!!! Thanks, Clare Oaks, you are the best!

Excellent care+caring people.

Review of Clare Oaks

Clare Oaks is one of a kind. The staff is excellent, extremely helpful, caring+always have smiles on their faces. My therapy was very successful

Review of Assisi at Clare Oaks

I felt like I was on vacation . Everyone was caring and so pleasant. They were very helpful and made things so easy whenever I doing. This is a happy place, I had my left shoulder replaced+had no problems, my knees started giving and I got great care. I would come back again.

Review of Assisi HCC at Clare Oaks

3rd time here, it's the best place.

Review of Clare Oaks

because of my chronic illness have been admitted several times. Therapy, nursing staff, housekeeping and food all excellent.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

ASSISI at Clare Oaks is the place to go if you are looking for professional thorough and outstanding care. Therapists are very educated in their field of discipline and nurses and aids are friendly, compassionate and quick to answer the call lights! I have been fitted greatly from the therapy I’ve received here.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

3rd time here. It’s the best place.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Because of my chronic illness have been admitted several times. Therapy, nursing staff, housekeeping and food all excellent.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Best view, best service, do not hesitate to recommend this location for anyone.
Best services, knowledgble, friendly people, and professional.
Whole team, management, therapist, staff are outstanding, job.
Thanks everyone, the service gave me.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

[Removed] at Clare Oaks was wonderful. We felt so comfortable in knowing our mom was very taken care of so well. My mom was actually sorry to leave.
I would recommend [Removed] to anyone.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Very satisfied with my stay. Many thanks to : [Removed], nurse [Removed].Community life assistant [Removed] all the physical and occupational were wonderful, patient, kind and made sure we didn’t give up on our workout. [Removed] is exceptional.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

I was referred to [Removed] by a friend who had stayed here in the past. She told me that everything was so wonderful food, staff therapists, etc. Now that I’ve stayed here, I understand why! Nursing is so professional, literally everyone is extremely helpful.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Clare Oaks is a very nice place. The people are extremely pleasant and helpful. The nurses and aids are extremely attentive and answer the call light right away, which is very important to me. Also, it is very, very clean, the housekeeping staff does a wonderful job!

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

I have been very satisfied with the nursing care and therapy I’ve received here at Clare Oaks.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

I have stayed at other communities post hospitalizations and they were not the same as Clare Oaks. Cleanliness, nursing care and therapy – even the environment are so much better at Clare oaks. I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking quality rehabilitation!

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

I think overall the experience was very good.

Great staff

very friendly ,caring staff. Clean and bright environment. Responsive aides and nurses. Great people all around. Food could be better. Give the food a C+.

Very nice facility.

I would have loved to have my parents stay at this facility but unfortunately, they didn’t have any openings. All of the residents and staff members seemed to be really nice and friendly. The facility itself looked very nice as well. I really like that the staff members made my Mother get up and do things like shower and activities. My mom said that the staff was mean but I know they were nice. I would recommend this community.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Great staff, clean and orderly. Have no negatives about ASSISI HCC. There for rehab and would go back there.

Review of Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Totally pleased. Clean, good care, compassionate staff, good food

Review of Clare Oaks Bartlett, IL

It was like home here for my Mom. She has been here 3 times for rehab and they have been efficient and professional caring for her physical, medical, emotional and spiritual needs.

Review of Clare Oaks Bartlett, IL

A home away from home! I loved the staff so caring and speedy in catering to your needs. They had a great sense of humor and made my stay so great with a speedy recovery. Spotless premises and rooms. Excellent food gained 10 lbs. I highly recommend the rehabilative home. Well organized administrators. They pride themselves in doing the best in all areas. Staff and administration work as a team. At night staff responded to my needs so that I would not fall. It is 5 stars in everything. I highly recommend the Clare Oaks of Assissi for rehabilitation. Your stay will be positive! So many patients complimented staff on speed and caring service. Visitors were most impressed with their care and concern for you. So close to my home.

Review of Assisi in Bartlett

Wonderful, caring facility. Staff are great. Food is great.

Review for Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Response time for call lights was very quick, always
Therapy exceeded my expectations, very educated & seasoned therapists
My room was kept spotless during my stay there, very hard-working staff

Clean comfortable facility with great care, made EXCELLENT by outstanding staff

We cannot say enough good things about my mom's stay at Clare Oaks after a broken hip! The facilities are so warm (not institutional feeling) and clean. They had plenty of activities to help break up the day. But the superstar to me at Clare Oaks are the staff! EVERYONE - from the person who cleaned Mom's room every morning to the administration is so friendly and helpful and ATTENTIVE to needs. It is obvious that they all actually care about the residents, they are not just there filling time to get a paycheck. So patient with everyone, even those who make it hard to stay patient! It made it so much easier for me to leave each time I visited to know that she was being so well cared for. Two specific examples that show the level of care:
Mom does not like to be alone, but also doesn't like to feel like she is bothering anyone, so she won't say anything most of the time. Her very first night there, the nurse noticed right away that she did not seem to enjoy being alone in her room watching TV and brought her out to the living area by nurses station. From then on, without Mom or I asking, the only time she spent in her room was when she went to bed at night.
Also, one weekend when it seemed they were shorthanded, we were surprised to see one of the administrative staff up on the floor helping to get residents to and from the dining room. Shocked first of all that top administrator staff was even there on a weekend and then that they pitched right in with rest of staff so that residents were not kept waiting for dinner.
I went every morning to sit in dining room with Mom while she ate breakfast and it was fun and reassuring to hear the friendly banter between the nurses/aides and the residents - again, real caring, not just doing a job!
I could go on and on - but the bottom line is that while I hope that we don't ever need to have mom in a facility for short or long term, if we do - Clare Oaks would definitely be where we want her to go; for her health and wellness and for our peace of mind it cannot be beat!

I have been a patient on rehab care a few time and the most recent was Aug’17. All of the nurses, CAN’S, therapists, and all are the best. That’s why I chose Clare Oaks so many times.
Specific issues are and have been the food, not at all lot or tasty most of the time. Plus items on special menu were not made consistently.

A Real Place of Care and Healing

I received occupational and physical therapy at Assisi healthcare at Clare Oaks. I received excellent care. The nurses and nursing techs were professional and yet friendly and compassionate. There was no long waiting to get nursing care; once I rang the buzzer someone came quickly and ready to help.

The therapy was excellent and both therapists were helpful and explained each phase of the therapy. I couldn't imagine better care.

Spiritual needs are also met with daily celebrations of the Mass and visits from the Ministers of Care.

Anyone needing transitional care, Assisi Healthcare at Clare Oaks is the place to go.

I was at ASSISI at Clara Oaks for rehab after open heart surgery to replace 3 valves that were leaking. My stay here has been very enjoyable. The nurses, doctors, CAN’s, therapists and all who work here are very nice. The food is very good. The private rooms are kept spotlessly clean.

I would recommend. Very warm atmosphere. Staff very professional yet very warm. [Removed] can work great.

ASSISI H.C.C at Clare Oaks in superior as a rehabilitation center. It is immaculate, has an outstanding staff in all area. It surpasses other rehabilitation centers, I feel I progressed here the most because of the staff that is devoted to helping you get well. This philosophy and professionalism is visible everywhere. All patients and met spoke highly of their progress in healing. Food is outstanding.

Very pleased with the staff. They are a loving group.

I was very very happy here. I can honestly say that I’m sad to leave.

Excellent Facility. Caring, friendly staff. Very good physical and occupational therapy personnel.

I have been at the facility if times now recovering after surgery. I love the people and place is close to family. It is the only place I will go for my Rehab.

I am very pleased with the care that I received during my stay at clare oaks.
Everybody was a fantastic team from the nurses to the therapist through the CAN and the cleaning and open.
Thanks again.

Assaisi Clare Oaks is five Star! I would recommend Assasi to anyone in need of their care.
Your quality of care is excellent! [removed] was with you from January 2016 to March '17, he went from bed-ridden to up and on the go!! Excellent in physical therapy & [removed] and [removed], NA were so very outstanding. I can't even put into words! Thank you

I would very highly recommend Clare Oaks to anyone! The care here was outstanding. The staff went above board to help people.

I’m caring for my aunt who has been in assists skilled and nursing and rehab twice. Nurses and staff are professional and supportive. Management follows up. The word ‘caring’ comes to mind my aunt got everything she needed and returned home to live independently. I highly recommend ASSISI!

Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

My mother in law lives in assisted living. I have used the 3rd floor rehab 4 different times. Most recently Fri. Nov. 25 thru Dec. 13th. Excellent Therapy!!!

Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Her stay was fine as she was recuperating from surgery, the nurse was very good and the CNA staff also very good. They came within 10 min of the buzzer. Their food was also very good. The therapeutics [Removed] was very good also. The people in the relieving office when she first went there was very helpful and welcoming.

I found Assisi to be a peaceful, clean, bright & cheerful community. My husband spent weeks in rehab and when finally discharged he was able to walk with a walker, transfer from a wheelchair to bed, car & back to chair. Heprogressed with work in math language & became confident in doing writing & being aware of appropriate topics for social conversation.

We felt safe to leave [removed] in their care which is a huge thing. His sisters were impressed with the visual appearance of rooms, living areas, etc. Food was really great with choices, taste,eye appeal, for stages of swallowing & eating. Showers in each bathroom a plus. All in all it is a wonderful place to stay.

Clare Oaks - Bartlett, IL

Everyone was very nice to me. It seemed clean & it didn't smell. The only thing I'm disappointed with is the delivery of my camode. Home over a week & never got it yet. I could really use it.

My loved one told us "This is a very nice place They are real nice to me here. The food is very good."

I recently spent 21 days at Assisi Health Care after experiencing a urinary tract infection and 4 days in a hospital. All of the staff was dramatically caring, competent and communicative. I would totally recommend their outstanding services to everyone without reservation.

Can't give enough praise. Great staff in all depts. Clean environment. Wonderful nurses & PCT's would very highly recommend.

Clare Oaks is the Best

My Mom moved in to Clare Oaks in January of 2016 and was accepted into Hospice in February. She passed away November 8, 2016. The Clare Oaks staff were the nicest, most friendly, most caring people you could ever ask for. The best thing I can say about [Removed],[Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed]. [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed],[Removed] and [Removed], is that they took care of my Mom like they would have taken care of their own Mother. I will never forget the way you treated not only my Mom, but myself as well. They always took time to talk to me. I will be forever grateful. Thanks again.

I Liked What I They Offer

When I visited with the community they told me about an outing they do. People with dementia try to keep their finger moving to help out. So they work with the Human Society Community. The resident are tearing paper for the animals. They feel like they are serving a purpose for animals and they are able to socialize and help animals.

I am so happy we found you. The surrounding are lovely. Care is excellent.

Have been at Clare Oaks twice for therapy and think that it is the best. Hope that one day it will be my home.

My brother has lived there for a year. He enjoys not only the activities he is involved in & the physical environment by mostly the people.
All residents & staff have welcomed him with open arms.

Everyone was very professional caring & went out of their way to make my stay comfortable & restore my health. Thank You.

I was a patient in the rehab center for 6.5 weeks. All the services – nursing, housing, therapy, food, etc. were all very good. I was extremely pleased with the results of my time there. I highly recommend this very friendly and accommodating facility.

There aren’t enough adequate word to describe how I feel about this extremely senior care living facility. I had no idea what to expect when I was told & needed to receive medication in & rehab facility. But, without prior notice my daughters visited, toured & said, “Mom you are going to love it there!” I received premium care by experienced empathetic care givers in a clean budget facility. The therapists were excellent. My family didn’t know if I would survive pneumonia I had contracted. I am certain Clare Oaks staff brought me to wellness. I highly recommend it.

All staff caring. Great communication among departments.

The service was great.

After 2 stage at clare Oaks – ASSISI HCC. I’m doing very well due to the great therapists that worked with me. Plus the meals are good and nutritious. All the CAN’s, activity group and personal are wonderful & definitely recommend ASSISI.

Clare Oaks - the best of everything

My parents moved here 6 years ago and have had nothing but the absolute best of care. Now my Mom is there alone and has been so well-taken care of we never have to worry about her. She has made friends, been on the healthcare side a few times and has nothing but praise for every (and I mean every!!) department, person and caretaker she has come into contact with. The smaller community has totally lent itself to getting to know everyone and enjoy the past similarities of their lives. The staff also knows everyone by name. They celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and everyday life with humor, caring and patience. This is truly a one-of-a-kind community!

Clare Oaks is a great choice.

My parents have lived at Clare Oaks since December of 2013. They have made many friends and have felt welcome since the first day. They enjoy the activities, love being able to attend mass in the beautiful chapel, and are very happy with their choice to move to Clare Oaks. We have found all the staff to be very friendly, caring and helpful. My mom describes it as a family atmosphere and says it feels like home. The pool and exercise room are great and there is always something fun going on. It's wonderful to have a continuum of care available as needs arise. The apartments here were the nicest and largest I saw as I was checking other facilities in the suburbs. The longer my parents are here, the more sure we are that we made the right decision.

A good decision

I have been a happy and thankful member of this community for the last 8 years. I am sincere when I say that I have never had any regrets for making this decision. My care, basically for the rest of my, life is taken care of. I had my daughter in mind because this is a decision that I felt I should make. She won't have to look for any future care that I may need. All in all a very good decision. I have peace of mind.

Enjoy living at Clare Oaks

Two years ago I moved to Clare Oaks Independent living and have never been happier. First of all you get 90 percent of your money back if you decide to leaving or when you pass. I checked all over and did not find anyplace that could compare. First of all the residents are the friendliest people I ever known. They really reach out to new residents and help them get to know others. Also they have a wonderful work out room and a beautiful indoor swimming pool. The food is very good and the staff are wonderful. I recommend Clare Oak to everyone who don't want the burden of cooking, cleaning, shoveling snow or many other chores any more. Come and see us.

VERY DISSAPOINTED !!!

I am very disappointed with this facility. The care is very poor!!! I would say [removed] IS THEIR PRIOIRTY!!! The short term stay ( for rehab ) is better than the long term stay. When patient ask to go to the bathroom they don't take them for 25 min even with multiple request. My mom had fallen and hurt her face, they only gave ice pack once, when asked why they did not offer it again the nurse said it was not on the charts. There is not much activity that they do with the residents, no encouragement no taking them out, except on a narrow balcony. Patients are so SAD, they don't interact with each other or even watch tv, they just sit there like zombies!!! If you love your parent find a different facility!!! In fact look for a group home!!! That would be a much better option. You may getter a better environment and may cost less money!!! ( this facility charges over [removed] per month !!! That's outrageous !!!

Loved this property. Too far for my Mom though. Really nice people and large rooms.

My grandmother has been staying at this facility for a little over a month now for rehabilitation. My family and I visit her often and whenever I personally go to visit it is always a waiting game for my grandmother receive the care she needs. My grandmother is there for rehabilitation, which is the only part that has seemed helpful this far. This facility is understaffed and lacks compassion for their patients. My grandmother had undergone surgery and has needed assistance because she cannot use the bathroom to pass bowel movements. My grandmother has had to wait countless times for over half at hour, at least, to be changed and cleaned. The staff of CNAs do not take their responsibility seriously. I have been told that only nurses can change certain medical assistive equipment, but the CNAs will not even try to clean my grandmother, they leave her to lay in her own filth. When I have asked for clean linens for my grandmother to change myself the CNAs argue about who will actually get the linen. I have worked as a CNA myself and I have never seen such a lazy staff. The nurses have even said that my grandmother needs to be more patient because each nurse has 24 patients to overlook. Again, this facility is poorly understaffed. My grandmother has even told me she has waited for a nurse, only to find out that there had been a shift change so no one else was aware she needed assistance. Since each nurse has 24 patients my grandmother has to wait over half an hour to be cleaned? My grandmother needs to lay in soiled linen? Where is the compassion? The nurses and CNAs are there only to make money, not to provide appropriate care for the patients.

worst facility

There many other facilities offering exemplary care and service to older adults. The administration at Clare Oaks is the problem

Incompetent facility administrator (Tiffany )rude and clearly inexperienced in care of frail older adults .
Does not belong in senior care

Debbie social worker is inept .She does not possess skill or knowledge to be of assistance to anyone .She is unfamiliar with basic knowledge required of any social service.

Kim is equally ignorant and lacks basic health care knowledge

really nice but must be high functioning Alzheimers patient

For Alzheimers and Dementia care they only have a high functioning unit...if the patient is a behavioral problem and/or needs more intensive personal care due to their disease..they place the patient on the skilled nursing unit upstairs where they dont get the dementia care programming....then it's just like any other nursing home...the high functioning unit is the best in the area though as far as sizes of the room, cleanliness, staffing, appearance of the unit etc...good caring staff

Clare Oaks Review

My Uncle had a very negative experience while at Clare Oaks for rehab services. He was there for 4 weeks, but did not make much progress due to the poor care he received from the staff. The staff was unresponsive when he called for assistance or for pain medication. He typically had to wait for 45-60 minutes for someone to come to his room in response to the call button. One aide told him that there was nothing she could do for him and that he should just "suck it up" while he was in pain. Many times they forgot to apply medication for his bed sores. The staff exhibited very poor communications with the family and the discharge planning was almost non-existent. The nurse case coordinator acted bothered whenever we approached her for assistance and offered little help. We will be filing a formal complaint.

Very friendly, manageable community for mom (but high buy in)

It is very clean, it offers a manageable community to navigate for an elderly peson who has eye and mobility issues, the staff is great, it is a catholic community (which wasn't necessary but it was nice), it's close to me, there was an in unit washer/dryer, and a balcony that my mom could enjoy. The thing that we don't like is the cost to buy in is pretty high, it would be better if it was lower or if it was a monthly thing but she had to buy in and pay monthly charges as well. It was more that it fit her stage of life now, it's very clean, off a main road, it's very friendly (even the residents and staff) and that had a lot to do with our decision. She is having transition issues, which I understand people her age do, but I think she's enjoying it.

Depressing, Not Nice At All

It's supposed to be rated as one of the better places - I don't think so! It's not nice at all. My mother-in-law was there for rehabilitation and she would say to my yongest son, "Please get me out of here before I go crazy like the other people." It was a very depressing place. There were one or two people that work there that were nice and on the ball but it seemed like there was a lot of turnover. While she was there we had a coupld of things happen that she was not comfortable with. I hate to be negative but it was what it was.

A gorgeous facility. Plenty of staff...

A gorgeous facility. Plenty of staff around big rooms and lots of amenities. Plenty of availability. They have a school attached so no way no how. Phooey!

CCRC - IL, AL, MC, SKN, Skilled Rehab