Victory Centre of Bartlett - Bartlett, IL

Victory Centre of Bartlett offers a 104 apartment supportive living community for adults 65 and older and a 104 apartment independent senior living community for adults 62 and older, located at  1101-1105 W. Bartlett Road in Bartlett, Illinois. Victory Centre of Bartlett’s supportive living offers deluxe accommodations in junior 1-bedroom and 1-bedroom apartments. Residents have access to beautifully appointed gathering spaces including a community dining room, living room with fireplace, library, community room and meditation room, as well as exterior amenities such as a  community garden.

• in an award-winning VIVA! program that earns praise from residents, staff and the senior housing industry for its innovative, holistic and resident-centered approach to care.

• in a supportive living community that offers a comprehensive and coordinated care model that includes on-site doctors, therapy, home health and hospice services.

• in luxury living with a financial safety net for adults 65 and over.

Compassionate & Caring

My mother has received wonderful and compassionate care during her 8 years as resident at Victory Centre Bartlett. Both the management and staff respect my mother and treat her like family. During her 2 bouts with cancer in her 80s contributed to her rebound and her functionality is equal prior to the diagnosis and now she is 90. Tremendous leadership, staff and facility! My family and mother are grateful for Victory Centre.

Nicole Bartecki

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your mother's time in our community. She will always be a treasured resident to us and we're happy to be part of her journey. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Compassionate & Caring

Nicole Bartecki

Compassionate, clean and helpful.

My mother was a resident here for 1 1/2 years. Everything about this facility was wonderful. While she was still able to, my mother enjoyed many of the activities and outings they have. All of the staff are outstanding. They are always cheerful and compassionate. I visited frequently and at various times of the day and never saw anything wrong. As my mother declined and things got emotionally very difficult the LEA's and the wonderful ladies at the front desk helped me to cope. I would highly recommend this facility.

Homey atmosphere with nice staff

The facility itself looked really nice. Everything about this facility felt like a homey atmosphere. All of the residents and staff members seemed to be really nice and friendly. This facility is more towards people who are advanced in their conditions and require a lot of nursing help. The only bad thing I can say about this community is that the residents just looked really down and they couldn’t do anything for themselves. I would recommend this facility.

Highly recomend Victory Centre of Bartlett - fabulous place.

My father-in-law was a resident at Victory Centre of Bartlett for over two years. He was 92 when he passed away. Everyone in this facility was kind, friendly, compassionate & caring. They treated him with the utmost respect. He felt very comfortable and loved. If he was not up to going down to the dining room for a meal they brought his meal to him. The last couple of months was very trying for him as his health was deteriorating, the staff checked on him regularly. My husband and I felt very comfortable having him at Victory Centre. They put our minds at ease know that he was being very well taken care of. He was always clean and had fresh clean clothes on. Victory Centre of Bartlett made our lives some much more tolerable knowing that Dad was in very, very good hands. We highly recommend Victory Centre of Bartlett!

This community is amazing

The staff were wonderful even before my mother in law moved into this community. They explained things up front and did everything they could to assist us. They got her connected with the medical staff and we have good communication with them. They showed her around, introduced her to other residents and encouraged her to participate in the daily activities. The food is great and the community is kept immaculate. They have a resident dog and the staff are active with the residents. I would highly recommend this community.

Best Supportive Living Facility in Chicagoland!

My mom recently moved into the Victory Centre of Bartlett and I could not be more pleased and impressed.

EVERYONE on the staff of this facility is absolutely wonderful! The caregivers and medical staff are friendly and handle mom with great care and patience. The management team, headed by [Removed] and [Removed] are exceptional executives and made a tough situation so easy for us.

After two years of checking out competitive facilities within the Chicago area, I can say with complete confidence that the Victory Centre is by far the best choice in the supportive living category.

Beautiful Supportive Living Facility

I cannot express enough how wonderful the facility is! From first walking in the door to seeing how personable and caring the staff is and how beautiful and exceptionally well kept the building is - it is a sense of warmth and family oriented that you feel.
How fortunate to know such a facility exists for loved ones!

Wonderful Staff at This Community

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but overall I know she is in a good facility. This is good facility with kind people. They have a wonderful staff, and they have been very polite, and respectful. They have activities available for the residents when they are ready to participate. She seems pleased with the meals. They are taking good care of her, and this is a community I would recommend.

Staff is not trained, and does not take the time to care for them. I understand they "ACCEPT" them. THEY DO NOT CATER TO THEM AT ALL, and when you bring up an issue to the Director [Removed] You get told you're making her job difficult.
My Grandma is there, and she is found wandering the halls, and terrified, confused, and lost. They need to stop taking in residents that they cannot care for. If I could afford a lawyer, She would NOT be here!!

My mother's care

My mother is doing well here at this very nice and friendly community. She is pleased with the variety of the meals that are served. The community is kept very clean. We like that she is nearby family members. We would recommend this community to other families for the care and the value.

Tender Loving Care!!

My father is having a positive experience with his stay at this community. It is very beautiful clean environment. The meals are prepared very well and nutritious. There is always a variety of different foods to choose from their menus. They offer a mixture of appealing activities for the residents. I would defiantly recommend it to a friend or retaliative.

Needs better nursing staff !!

The apartment and amenities were exactly what I was looking for in an assisted living community. Unfortunately, they were understaffed and the care provided did not meet her everyday needs. There were many issues with the lack of care they provided for my mother. They failed to follow through with helping her in and out of the bed, transport needs and personal hygiene. Ended up removing my loved one from community, needs a lot of improvement

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Our goal is to always provide the highest quality of care. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation further with you. Please contact Vicki, our Executive Director, at [removed].

Victory Centre of Bartlett is kept very clean!!!

The staff at this community are doing their best with my mom. They seem well trained and patient. They offer a variety of activities for the residents. They do offer healthy meals and she seems to like them. I have already recommended this community.

Very Impressed With My Tour

I was very impressed with this community. If it was just up to me where she moved too, I would have chosen this community. The community is very well maintained, everything was very nice and clean. The staff was very kind and very polite. They were very informative and answered my questions. It was a very impressive tour, I enjoyed it.

Why Victory Center is the place to Stay

My mother has been at Victory Center for 4 1/2 years. When she entered she was capable of doing most things on her own even though she used a walker for stability. As her physical abilities have dwindled, it was apparent that she required increased attention. She has received additional assistance by her LEA's and staff.
Today Mom is under Hospice Care in Victory Center, still in her familiar apartment with constant check and follow ups. Still is able to attend a few meals a day in the dining room and receives assistance with all of her personal requirements. Looking back, what a great place for an aging adult from independent to Hospice. Thank You Victory Center.

Staff goes above and beyond

I would like to commend the staff and Director, Vicky Striegel, on the caring and kindness shown to my mother during her recent transition to supportive living at the Victory Centre.

Being out -of -state, I especially appreciated the follow-up on emails and assurance that my mother was in exceptional hands. This close communication was very helpful for our family as well.

The individual assistance and support shown by staff went above and beyond the required, at the time it was most needed. We are so very grateful and my mother is now living in a such a thoughtful and caring environment with great leadership!

Piece of mind

The group here are outstanding. The care given to my mom has given us pice of mind. Communication is open and helpful. Complex is clean and food is wonderful,

Exceptional care

Victory Centre is the best of the best assisted living center in the area. I had been awarded caregiver of my grandma. My grandmas health started to decline and she was diagnosed with dementia. I knew once my grandma got that diagnosis that it was going to be really hard to care for her at home. I was in my mid 20's and had no idea where to start with finding care for my grandma. I knew she wasn't sick enough for a nursing home and didn't want to see her in one. She went to maybe 4 different nursing homes within a year because I thought that was my only option. Then I got in touch with an extended family memeber and learned about Victory Centre Of Bartlett. She put me in touch with Starr. I made an appointment to meet with Starr we went over how everything went and how hey could care for my grandma. She had to go evaluate her to be sure Victory could support her needs. My grandma was also legally blind. She called me after meeting my grandma and said oh yes she definitely qualifies to live at Victory. I was so happy I cried. Then it was just a matter of going over my grandmas finances to be sure that part would work out. And it did!! I was over joyed! My grandma would get to be more independent have her own place but get be care that she needed. I toured the place and knew immediately that my grandma would love it before I made the decision I brought my grandma for a visit so she also felt like she was apart of the process. She also fell in love with it. We eagerly got everything ready and within a few weeks my grandma was moved into her new home. She got to bring all her furniture and it felt like home... She hadn't lived on her "own" in years and she loved the independent part of it all. The staff would help her shower, did her laundry and when she got to ill they even put it away for her, gave her, her meds, and she got 3 meals a day. The staff was very caring and very friendly. My grandma was very popular with the staff and the residence of Victory. Even though my grandma couldn't see she was able to get around well enough and even helped others at times when they needed help. She absolutely loved all the activities. And even though she was blind they included her in a lot of the activities. She loved BINGO!! My aunt and grandma use to do tours with a bunch of people back in the day for bingo. So she played bingo as much as she could! Rose made my grandma a special bingo card that was extra large so she could see the numbers and they always had someone whether it was another resident of rose herself would help my grandma keep track of her card. Grandma won a lot and she loved it!! She loved with the children would come visit and do activities with the group too. And happy hour on Fridays were her favorite. They would have some sort of entertainment for everyone and grandma very much enjoyed the singing and dancing and music that was played every Friday.
My grandma loved their food! So did my family they made it very easy to enjoy meals with your loved one either you could bring in food or order from their menu.
My grandma lived at Victory for a little over 5 years. And as my grandmas health declined they were so wonderful to her and to myself. At the end of 2015 my grandma got real sick and Drs at the hospital refused to treat her. So at that point Melissa my grandmas life coach told me that hospice was an option and that she could stay at Victory the duration of her life even on hospice. As hard as that decision was to make I had the staff at Victory always there to help me and guide me. If I was unsure and concerned or confused they did their best to figure it out and help me. The hospice staff was amazing to my grandma as well. In March of 2016 grandma got real bad towards the end of the month it was the hardest thing I have ever witnessed. Grandma was declining for sure but one day she was fine the next she was bedridden starting her journey home. I stayed with my grandma for the entire week till the moment she passed away comfortably in her bed in her apartment at victory. Victory feed me my meals checked on my grandma at night and me to make sure I didn't need anything. They brought cookies and fruit and crackers and coffee when family visited. The staff grew very attached to my grandma and one Lea in particular took amazing care of me and my grandma. She would come in on her days off to sit with me. She would clock out when she was done working a long day and come sit with me. She became like family she truly cared about my grandma and me. I was so very thankful that my grandma got to live out the rest of her days at victory the place she called home.. It was familiar, it was comfortable. When she passed away the staff all came and said their goodbyes and gave me hugs and cried with me. They give each of their residence a nice little memorial tribute with a special blanket over them as they leave the center and are picked up by the funeral home. They truly cared for her and for me.
I recommend Victory Centre Of Bartlett for your loved ones and their needs. They truly helped me during a very hard part in my life and still after 3 months since my grandma has passed still have kept in contact.
They are dedicated to the well being of our loved ones when we can't be their caregivers 100%.

Too institutional.

Fantastic Staff

I think that the moving-in process has been great. The communication is very quick and thorough. The medical staff seems fantastic. I was really happy with the communication from them. I think something they could improve on is to encourage some of the residents to participate in activities more.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you have been happy with our staff and the move-in process. The feedback about our programming is very valuable as well and I will make sure to pass it along to Vicki and Rose. Thank you!

Friendly and caring staff

The first thing that strikes you about Victory Centre when you walk in is the atmosphere. It seems cozy and comfortable. There are lots of amenities here and the staff is friendly and genuinely seem to care.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review! I am happy to see that you have had a good experience with our community.

We chose this facility for my dad because of the round the clock availability of medical personnel, if he were to need it. Additionally, when he runs out of money (private pay) we were assured that this facility will help us access his veteran benefits as well as Medicaid. Therefore, he will not have to move. At the age off 88, this stability in his living environment is very important. The staff at Victory Centre are caring without being patronizing. They seem to acknowledge the unique needs of each resident. Communication with family members is excellent. The facility offers activities all day long that focus on social, emotional as well as spiritual needs. My dad asked us to help him find supportive living because he was lonely, missing his wife of 59 years. Since moving to VC, he is more conversant, has a better appetite (food is great) and seems to have more energy. It's been a little more than 4 months, but so far dad, my siblings and me are quite pleased.

A great place to live!

My sister-in-law moved to the Victory Centre of Bartlett recently. She lived in Chicago most of her life and was a bit apprehensive about the move. After settling in she quickly adopted to all the benefits and wondered why she waited so long to move. She now has everything she wants and needs. A great apartment, delicious meals, on site visiting doctor, bus service for outings and shopping, hairdresser, exercise room, and the Hanover Park Senior Center that is right next door that she can walk to and friendly, helpful staff ready to assist when needed. A big thank you for providing such a comfortable environment.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear how well your sister-in-law adjusted to our community. Our goal is to continue to meet all her wants and needs.

Good care by staff but be careful...

Be VERY careful when coming to the VIctory Center if your parent is looking for simple assisted living and you are looking for a place that adjusts with your parents's needs as they progress. Our mom stayed here for quite some time and the CNA's are very nice. They work hard to deliver great care to your parents and of course that is very important! However, it's the management that you have to worry about. When we spoke to them before mom went to live there, she needed minimal care but that wasn't always going to be the case. They spoke of the Victory Center as the last place mom would have to move to. She could stay until the end. They could take care of her even when she was in a situation where she needed to be in a nursing home. They would progress with her. This is not the case. When they feel they are being cheated with the money, they (the management) will have zero regard for your parents. They could care less about them and will kick them out with no notice stating that they need too much care. You can sue them, but the cost to hire a lawyer is astronomical and they know that. It's very sad. Mom is in a great place now, but a difficult thing to go through. So, if you do go to Victory Center, know your parent will get great care from the staff, but get promises made by management in writing. Wish we had...

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your mother's stay with us ended on a negative note. Whenever possible, it is always our goal to have our residents live in their home until the end of life as many our resident do. Unfortunately, there are times when we can not meet the needs of our residents due to a number of potential reasons. For example, if someone's memory loss advances and they become a wander risk, if someone requires 24-hour skilled nursing care, if there are non-payment issues or for a number of other reasons. Not knowing the details of your mother's situation I can not give specifics. Please reach out to Vicki Striegel, our Executive Director and she can speak with you in more detail. Thank you again for the time your mother lived with us!

Victory Centre of Bartlett a great choice for grandma

After having to move my grandmother back from Florida to be closer to family, out of three choices we are so pleased to have chosen Victory Centre in Bartlett !
Grandma was very nervous about being back in the Chicago area and not knowing anyone in the building. I was very happy when a caretaker offered to introduce her to some of the other residents she has come to call friends. We were worried about her getting all of her medications, but she has never had an issue. Through physical therapy and doctor monitoring, she was even able to get off two of them. She had to have a procedure done and a Victory nurse visited her in the hospital to say they missed her and were looking forward to her having her home ! She attends the arts and crafts and loves the community dog. Even though she relies heavily on a walker, she has gone on many outings and trips. Whenever she needs something, the staff attends to it or calls to inform us. She uses her call button if she needs assistance, and she says the staff are "always nice to her". We were worried about her losing weight in Florida because she was no longer able to cook well for herself. She looks so much better now after having all her meals prepared for her.
I've heard some horror stories from friends about having their loved ones in senior housing, and I'm so happy I haven't had that experience at VC in Bartlett !

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear how well your Grandma is doing at our community. It is always our pleasure and goal to take such great care of our residents. Thank you again!

My mother lives at victory center I can attest that this place is terrible. They are understaffed and theCNAs do not know anything other than to call 911.The food is very bad ,small portion's ,soups are salty and watered down the kitchen always runs out of lemons,rye breads,coffee you get the idea.These people need more help than the staff can give. I would not recommend to anyone.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience. It is always our goal to give each person the best possible experience and obviously we have failed you and your mother. Please contact Vicki Striegel, our Executive Director at [removed] to discuss your concerns in more detail. Thank you!

Review of Victory Centre of Bartlett Assisted Living in Bartlett, IL

Terrible first impression, smelled when we walked in the lobby, carpet and decorations are dumpy. Very unorganized, they didn't even know we had a tour scheduled.

What a great experience. The staff is wonderful. Everyone is incredibly friendly and wants only what is best for the residents. It's new (in the past 10 years) and is very well maintained. Lots for my parent to do.

Everyone has been very accommodating and kind. I feel so extreme knowing my parent is with the group.

My only concern was the smoking by the front door. It was off putting. And I don't notice it every visit but it's been a few times.

But even with that I am as stress free as I can be with my parent in a safe environment.

Good staff, dining area needs improvement.

The community is kept very clean, and the staff is friendly. The food is not that great, it's not the best, and the dining staff aren't the friendliest. There isn't a huge variety, and it seems overcooked and dry. The waitstaff doesn't go out of their way to be nice. We like the rooms, they are pretty nice.

This is an option I would l...

This is an option I would like my mom to see. I think this would be a good option if she doesn't want to move again.

Great place for assisted living

Victory Centre's location, services and staff have fit our Mother's needs exceptionally well. While it is assisted living, she can still maintain her independence and take advantage of the many activities run by Victory and run by the residents themselves. Highly recommended for anyone needing this type of care.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for taking time to give feedback on our community. I am pleased to hear that you would highly recommend us. This is our goal for all families and residents. Please reach out to Laurie Geschrey if there is any way that we can improve our services.

very good independent living

My loved one got sick while she was there, so she was only there for a week. The people were really good, very nice and that. My loved one needed more attention than they were able to offer. It’s a very good independent living center.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you were happy with our services, we only wish your loved one would have been able to spend more time with us. We wish you both our very best.

It’s a lovely facility.

It’s a lovely facility. Everyone is very professional. I’ve never seen anyone be nasty to the residents. My sister and I ate at the facility for the Mother's Day brunch. It was very nice and the food very tasty. My loved one likes the food. Parking can be a problem for visitors especially for quick visits or picking up the resident. The day my loved one moved in, we weren’t really greeted. We didn’t know where we were going or who we should talk to but then my sister was just transitioning from a rehab facility and perhaps they dropped the ball..

The only other concern is the billing – I have to have an invoice to submit to the long term insurance provider and getting one takes a reminder or two but then it has only been 3 months.

It is a very lovely place though.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry to hear about your first experience with our community, I hope that we were able to make it up to you and your sister. Please reach out to Laurie Geschrey, Executive Director, if the billing issue does not get resolved. She will be happy to assist. Thank you again for your feedback.

Very nice looking community

We toured this facility when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This really was a lovely place, and it was my favorite that I saw. I would have loved for her to be able to go here, but unfortunately the opening they had was filled before we got a chance.

Nicole Bartecki

I am so happy to hear that we were your favorite place but it is unfortunate that we did not have an opening when you needed us. Please let us know if anything changes with your situation as we will be happy to assist in anyway we can.

Where's Ashley?

My mother lives at victory center, and I try to go as often as possible, although my busy schedule does not always allow it. There used to be a CNA there by the name of Ashley. She always had different colored hair (in fact last time i saw her she had blue hair). I haven't seen her in months, and she was by far the best CNA victory center had to offer. So sweet, fun and compassionate. The residents really seemed to smile when she was around. I don't know if she still works there, but this is be rating her personally.

Dark inside

I got to the front door and they were pretty crowded... on the outside its beautiful, it looks very serene, comfortable, like they'd be able to go out for walks when the weather permits. However, like all of them, once you get in the door you're in the dark basement somewhere. I just don't get why they don't let them have light, people thrive off of light.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you so much for your feedback on our community. I am sorry that you felt the community was dark when you entered. We agree that having enough light is very important for our residents, staff and visitors. We will be looking into this. Thank you!

I was quite impressed with ...

I was quite impressed with the facility and staff. Everyone was very polite, very informative. Refreshing. Except for the resident smoking outside under the green canopy (close to door), I have nothing but good things to say about Victory Centre of Bartlett.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad our staff was so friendly and you had a good experience. Thank you also for the feedback on the resident smoking to closely to the entrance, we will monitor and address this. Thank you!

We think it's fantastic! It's such an improvement from where she was. Unfortunately Victory Centre doesn't have rehabilitation so we had to place my mother-in-law in a different place for that and the difference is amazing. The food is edible at Vitory Centre, the people that are there are friendly and up beat, and the help is very good. I can't say enough good things! The cost factor alone is $6000 less than what we had to pay for the other place. What you get for the amount you pay is great. I have peace of mind and it was a pleasure to find a place that helps me help her.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy that your mother-in-law is having such a great experience at Victory Centre of Bartlett.

Could be trained better

The laundry is atrocious. They wash all the clothes with the towels and everything. When my dad uses his call button they don't always come right away or as fast as they should. I think they're understaffed. In the beginning they were a little rude. I told them immediately and it got better. I think they could train them better with the housekeeping so they take care of everything that needs to be done in one room and then move on to the next instead of just doing it a little at a time and having to come back.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the bad experience that you had at our community. Our goal is that everyone has a positive memorable experience and we did not succeed in your case. Since this time we have conducted several inservices with our staff on the proper way to do laundry. I am not sure of the specific details of the call light issue with your dad but we do have a practice of triaging calls when they come in. Laurie Geschrey, Executive Director, would be happy to discuss this in more details with you at [removed].

We just moved my mother there and the...

We just moved my mother there and the supportive care program was the important part of our decision. She has limited funds for another year and a half and the supportive care program will allow her to keep her apartment once her funds run out. This facility, unlike others, accepts Medicaid.

They have assisted living and senior apartments and the supportive care residents have their own building. They have personal assistance for dressing, laundry and housekeeping and escort services to dinner.

They're competitive with a lot of other places (very expensive as a whole - the industry charges whatever the market will bear) but Victory Centre is cheaper than some others.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear your mom is having a good experience at Victory Centre of Bartlett. We are very lucky to be part of the Supportive Living program.

Wonderful facility, all the...

Wonderful facility, all the services needed, will return to see available rooms again.

Nicest rooms we have seen. ...

Nicest rooms we have seen. Great services. Would not hesitate to choose this facility for my elderly aunt.

Highly recommended

We know someone who had a parent here and for years they had been recommending Victory Centre of Bartlett. Plus the cost and location helped us chose the Victory Centre.

Really liked the visit, prefer the 1 ...

Really liked the visit, prefer the 1 bedroom over the studio but have not had a chance to visit other locations.