The facility was so very clean, we were really impressed. [Name removed] gave us a tour, she was lovely. She took the time to really understand our situation and to help with solutions. This facility was the first we had seen, it is still on our list but we may be looking for something a bit closer to Foxboro in order to facilitate our transportation needs for doctors.

Completely awful!!! Residents crying in the halls asking to go to the bathroom, and the smell of urine is everywhere. The state should be called in as drugs and residents items have gone missing. Short staffed and rude employees. Completely disorganized....I would never bring a loved one there.

Management not accountable

Things have been missing from my room. When my family comes for holiday celebrations and makes reservations the staff are not accommodating. Some staff members fight with me. They forget to give me my medication sometimes. Things get very stressful and confusing when they do renovations which is often. Temporary staff from temp agency do not show care or concern. Some Regular staff do show care and concern though. New management not sensitive to needs. There have been 4 memory care directors since I’ve been here- 1 year 10 months. No accountability shown they say ask someone else or they say they don’t know. My room is very very hot all the time and I can’t control the heat setting. The entertainment is excellent. The residents are friendly. The family members are friendly. This is a real review.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Like everything. No cooking necessary.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Like everything is great. Friendly. Great treatment.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Loves environment, social engagement, comfort of room.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

I have dietary restrictions that sometimes are not met. Staff is friendly.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Food could be improved. Need more CNA's.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Friendliness food is good. Services are great! Especially manicures.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Caters to my individual needs. Meals, budget, hospitality, cleanliness.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Love the food. Staff is friendly, meets my needs.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Fabulous food!! Great entertainment. Friendly hospitality. Fun activities.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Very pleasant nice people. Food is not hot enough sometimes.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

It's beautiful here. Nice and clean! Would like to get out more.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Love social involvement: Love the food.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Like the nice people that work here.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

Nice people here. No internet svc. is a negative.

Review of Whitcomb House Milford, MA

I like it real well: People New England scenery.

The Whitcomb House was lovely. [Removed] was very helpful. There were a few different types of rooms to choose from. I liked that Whitcomb House is an all-inclusive place, and they offer the PACE program.

Phenomenal

The staff have been helpful and answered our questions. The activities are great. There is a lot of interaction between the staff and the residents. Dad is making friends. The food is great. The outside is very nice with a garden and a sitting area. They always have iced tea and lemonade available. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

Tour and options

We toured this community. We did not like the layout. The staff was nice and caring. They offer a lot of physical activities. The community appears to be clean and maintained for the residents.We would of like this community for the great care and options. We suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Smaller than a lot of the places I've visited, but very homey and welcoming. Much more affordable than most of the places I've visited, everything is included which is rare. A little further from my house than I would like.

Almost perfect!

I am not going to give them a 5 yet because we just got here, but they do have a great staff that is friendly. Also my loved one has started getting involved in chess and the singing. I would like to see more activities like pottery and painting. Something where my loved one can use there hands.

Check this one out! Great Place!

Very attentive to the residents. Staff very friendly (and proactive) and tries to get all involved in activities. This is a place where the staff treats all as family. Sister feels very comfortable at Whitcomb House. Great place while at the same time a very good value.

Nothing Was Wrong

After touring this was one of my top choices. It is a great place that is smaller. I was impressed with my tour, David, was wonderful and knowledgeable. It is an older facility but they kept is up and they were under going renovations. The rooms were a bit small for my loved one.

The staff were fabulous!!!!

I would highly recommend Whitcomb House. My dad had a short respite stay at this community and it was great. The food was fabulous and they were accommodating for his taste. They offered a lot of activities. The community was clean.

Not a good fit

My Brother In Law Likes It Here

My brother in law is really enjoying his time here at this community. Everybody is very kind and friendly. The home is very well -kept,every time I visit everything looks well maintained. The staff is wonderful, they have been very kind and helpful. He is pleased with the food, they serve nice meals. I know he is being cared for very well, he is in good hands here. I would recommend this care home to my family and friends.

Good philosophy

My husband lived at Whitcomb House Assisted Living for two years. The first year, he was in the main house, where there was a mix of people with varying levels of need from low-assistance to wheelchair; residents could walk outdoors, and those who could drive could leave the facility. I took my husband on outings frequently and to stay for weekends at home when he was able. The second year, he moved to the memory-loss building because he needed more care. This is a locked unit, but residents can use the elevator and, with assistance, sit on the patio. I recommend this residence for several reasons. First, Whitcomb House has a unique philosophy of management, in that every staff member is trained to do everything. You may find an aide cooking at one time, doing cleanup at another, caring for clients in whatever way they need in the moment. Because everyone is doing whatever needs to be done at the time, it feels more like a home. Second, the owners personally manage the houses (there are three now). The wife's parents managed assisted living, so they have had long-term experience doing this. As a spouse, I had easy access to the owner/managers to discuss issues. Third, the homes are clean and tastefully designed. There are elevators in each building, a dining room, a common room, and a mix of single- and multiple-residence rooms, as well as sitting areas outdoors. The memory-loss units are locked. Fourth, the staff is friendly and well-trained. There was an excellent RN on staff. It has been 11-12 years since my husband lived here, but knowing the guiding principles of the owners, I am sure you will find this just as satisfactory as I did. Nothing helps your broken heart when your spouse has to live away from home, but having a small, friendly place helps.

Whitcomb House is an owner-operated assisting living residence that has been providing services since 1996 to elders from Milford, Hopedale, Hopkinton, Holliston, Mendon, Medway, Millis, Upton and other nearby towns. Many of our residents come from farther away such as Cape Cod, New Hampshire or Florida but have their family care partners living in the towns mentioned above. We have accomodations for 65 residents in our traditional program and 21 residents in our Memory Care program.

All residents pay one fixed monthly fee that covers housing, most utilities, three meals, activities, weekly housekeeping, all laundry including both linens and personal clothing and up to 90 minutes per day of personal care assistance with medications, bathing, dressing and grooming. Our activity programs have four to six events per day and we have outside entertainment two to three times per week and religious services three times per week.