Benchmark Senior Living at Forge Hill - Franklin, MA

Warm place

Very nice place but avoid third floor at all cost during heating season. Heat from first two floors rises and they have no control over it. Not unusual for the hallways to be 90 degrees and residents have doors and windows open on warmer winter days.

Overall Great Experience!!

Overall I have no complaints about this community, the staff have all been wonderful at making sure my loved one is comfortable and feels safe in her new living environment. They also have a wonderful activity program that helps the residents interact with each other and helps them enjoys some company throughout the week. I am very pleased with our choice of this facility and would defiantly recommend it.

Needing More Consistency

The care is going a well as it can for my parents. The staff are nice, helpful, and attentive. My only complaint is the lack in consistency. I have asked to separate my parents clothes, there are labels to see. I put a big note on his walker to be in a specific area to avoid falls. These are not always, consistently done. The meals varies, it is good some days and not good on other days.

An Active, Fun Community

This was a good tour. When I walked in they were having a party and it looked like the resident were having fun. I thought this would have been too much for my dad. It is a bigger community with a confusing set up for my dad. This was not going to be a good fit for us. I did not see anything bad on my tour.

Another Tour

I thought this was too big for my cousin. The tour went good but it did not have a cozy feeling. I did see activities here and the staff were nice. After touring I heard some poor things.

They are extremely personable, and they know everyone.

It's been okay. They are extremely personable, and they know everyone. I was surprised by how quickly they get to know everyone. They work really hard. I think they do get a bit overwhelmed and there can be some confusion about who is in charge of what. We have a difficult time figuring out who to call about what. There are a lot of activities, and I think the meals are okay. I think given a little time they will go up to a four or five star.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Please call us any time at [removed] for any concerns, questions, or clarifications.

All I can say is how great everything has been in the two weeks that I moved my mother in law to Forge Hill. She's been a new person. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time.

The Best!

I LOVE the Harbor memory care unit at Forge Hill. The single most important reason is the kindness of the front line staff to my elderly mother-in-law. They are always friendly, cheerful, & helpful. At first I thought their good nature was just for show. But they are so consistently that way that this has to be for real. The administrative staff of the Harbor unit and of the larger assisted living unit are also very open, friendly & helpful. They invite our perspective & make efforts to satisfy our concerns.

The second reason I love Forge Hill is the decor and the floor plan. When we first walk in, the lobby is bright & airy. My mother-in-law's room is small but lovely. The Harbor unit itself is bright with many windows, cheerful and very lovely to look at. There are multiple open spaces off a common hallway for different functions for the residents. The common hallway and relatively small size of the unit (about 22 residents?) make it easier for those with memory problems to learn their way around. At the end of the common hallway is an enclosed patio where the residents can safely enjoy being outside in the good weather.

The activities director is also a sweetheart. She's friendly, with boundless energy. She provides meaningful activities for the residents morning & afternoon, including occasional trips into the community.

It is a small community, and all the staff know everybody. It's very personable. I looked at a number of other places, & this is by far the best. Do I sound too enthusiastic? No - no one is paying me for this recommendation. It's all very sincere. I can't wait until I can move into the assisted living side!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our families. Thanks for your kind words! Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you or your family.

quality has declined

Since the new owners took over the care has gone down hill. no one is in charge, no one is accountable and the turn over in staff has affected the quality of care.

Managers do not have an understanding of the needs of the families and make no effort to reach out to the families except to raise the costs.

The prior owners had people in place that were hands on not office sitters.

They also chased away all the good aids who knew and understood the residents. The new aids are nice but with such turn over it is hard to be consistent.

so many families have pulled their loved ones out for other locations.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are very sorry to hear of your experience. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please call the Executive Director immediately at [removed] so that we can address your concerns. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident.

I toured this facility for my Grandfather. The staff and facility were outstanding. I was not pressured or intimidated to make a commitment and the staff was helpful in providing me information to help make a decision.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Very positive visit. Ed was very informative and cordial.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for the kind words. Please reach out if there is ever anything we can do for your and your loved one. [removed]

Forge Hill/Benchmark

I think this place is way over priced for what they provide to their residents. A lot has seem to fall through the cracks as far as resident care. I think the food they offer to Harmony Residents is horrible. We have spoken to them repeated about this. Broccoli Al dente? Chicken wings? They make the residents wait and wait for their dinner, it is ridiculous.

No one has answers as too who is accountable. The previous Rose Lane was dirty and had crap all over the common area. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. No one is accountable, no one writes anything in the book as far as updating for resident. The residents are neglected if anything. They are charging close to 9800 per month?

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Regarding your comments, please note that our award-winning activities and dining services are implemented across the board for our Traditional residents as well as our Harbor residents in the memory care. We welcome further discussion with you as individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please call the Executive Director immediately at [removed] so that we can address your concerns.

This was a nice place

Compared to Emeritus this is the second of my favorite places. I have no complaints, about my mothers stay here. They treated her nice and she was well taken care of. The food was always good and the care she received was great.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Forge Hill is highly recommended!

My mother is very happy with her care and her new surroundings! She loves the food and has met a lot of interesting people. Her apartment is very nice and just the right amount of living space for her. The staff has been very helpful to her (and to me) in helping her make a smooth adjustment to assisted living.

Forge Hill will be taken over by Benc...

Forge Hill will be taken over by Benchmark Senior Living -a chain-on Nov 1. Some of the rooms that get the sun are stuffy and air conditioning is not truly controlled individually. The staff is caring and personable. The food is varied and good.

Forge Hill offers independent, assisted living and a specialized memory care program called Harmony.

Forge Hill features studio, 1&2 bedroom rental apartments. Residents can enjoy three meals each day in a restaurant style dining room, as well as access to common areas such as a library, sitting parlors, country kitchen and community activity rooms. Staff is specially trained in caring for people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Optimum resident care is our focus. Forge Hill Senior Living is the ideal living choice for adults who desire security and companionship as well as the peace of mind of having care and quality help available whenever needed.