Atria Draper Place - Hopedale, MA

We toured Atria and Loved it! It is close to the town park, library, and post office. We’re hoping to move Mom here

Very Good

We toured at Atria Draper and thought that the community was very good. The staff seemed friendly and they seemed to have a full schedule of activities going on. However, we thought that the community may have been too big for her.

A nice community for care

We toured this community for my mom's care. The staff member was welcoming and able to answer the questions we had. We did not like the lay out for my mom to be able to get around in the community. The menu was nice and they offer good and healthy meals. We like that they offered good activities. We would suggest a tour for other families.

Nice options for care

We toured this community for my moms care. The staff was caring to the needs of our mom and able to answer the questions that we had. We liked the nice menu and the list of activities for her to participate with the other residents. We wanted something closer to home but would recommend that other families tour this community for the care and options that are available.

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting Bev and some of the residents and staff at Atria. I was made to feel so welcome. The rooms were quite large and very attractive. I also loved the proximity to the fire department.

Not The Place For Us

I knew people here and it seemed to be going well for them. The facility used to be an old manufacturer building that was converted to a senior home. They remodeled it with a chandelier. The rooms were small and not the right fit for us.

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community. I'm sorry it wasn't the right fit for you but we welcome you back at any time!

Beauty isn't everything!

Very, very dissatisfied with Draper Place. This place is just big business designed to make big dollars.
My mother has been there since April. On January 1 they raised her rent $399.00. She is now expected to pay 7404.00/month. Tried to have a rational discussion with the financial person, but she would only spout their policy of rent increases every Jan 1. Left a message for the director to call me, but he never did.
Have had some medical issues over the last several months, and the nurse on staff doesn't return phone calls. Mom can't even get a Tylenol for a toothache because they don't issue as needed meds. "You can put the doses in her monthly cassettes" they say. But I don't want her getting Tylenol all the time, just when she needs it. So they expect a family member to drive there every time she needs a Tylenol. (50 minute drive each way)
The hourly staff are very friendly. The physical environment is beautiful. The administration, on the other hand, is very defensive and unapproachable.
I do NOT think that she is better cared for here than she was at her prior residence.
Bottom line: If you want to pay through the nose for beauty, then this is the place to be. If you want your loved one cared for and loved, look elsewhere.

Katy Miller

Thank you for sharing your concerns. I have looked into this for you and the Executive Director has been attempting to reach you but with no success. He will reach out again in order to further discuss your frustrations. If I can be of any more help you can reach me directly at [removed].

Friendly, communicative staff

Our experience with Atria Draper Place has been a positive one so far. My loved one has not actually moved in to the facility on a permanent basis yet, but the staff here are very friendly, and they've been helpful throughout the whole transfer process.

Nice looking place, but expensive

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Atria Draper is a very nice looking place, and would have been a very convenient location for our family, however they were just too expensive to be a real option.

Friendly, caring staff

They're doing a great job at Atria Draper Place so far! My loved one really seems to be enjoying himself here. The staff have all been very friendly, and whenenever I visit everything is always well kept and clean. He also always has good things to say about the food!

Very nice place!

Atria Draper Place has done an excellent job so far! It's a very nice facility, everything feels very high quality here. My loved one has some very specific care needs but they have been very accommodating with any requests we've had. Another aspect I really appreciate is that they are very communicative and really keep me in the loop. I live across the country so it's very reassuring that I'm able to get ahold of the director or nursing staff easily.

A NEW and HAPPIER MOM

Our mother has been living there for just over a month, and we still cannot get over the change in her. Before moving to Draper Place, she was living independently at another Assisted Living Facility. She went from being isolated in her room, not wanting to socialize, not eating, feeling lonely and sad, to being happy, social, involved, helping others, gaining weight and smiling all of the time! From the first day she moved into the life guidance unit, for the memory impaired, she was made to feel special, important, was listened to and made to feel so welcome. Mom has aphasia and talks very little and it is hard to know what she is trying to say.On the first day, the staff began to mention things to her that she liked to do, and the kind of work she did, and immediately got her interested and involved in an afternoon activity that she was partly in charge of. Her face lit up and she looked so pleased and important and useful, Our mother is thriving and we feel so blessed that we have found the best possible home for her that is perfect for her. We cannot say enough about the wonderful, kind, compassionate staff who clearly love these people. Our family has peace knowing that our mother is in the best of care, being treated with dignity, respect, love and compassion. And on top of all of that, Mom has new friends who accept her for just who she is, perfect!

The reluctant resident

My mother refused to consider assisted living until she fell on ice near her mailbox. After a few days in the hospital and a week in a nursing home, we moved her to atria draper Place. Her one bedroom apartment is lovely with morning light and a view of the neighborhood. Everyone is very friendly, with many remembering my mothers first name. The residents in particular seem to want to make her feel welcome. We just visited her doctor for the first time since her move and she told her doctor the place is nice, the people are friendly, and the food is so-so. Coming from my mother that is high praise indeed.

It has been excellent.

It has been excellent. They just did a wonderful job. They have been very good about providing referrals for other services. The food is consistantly good. I think that the orientation is such that it creates expectations and you have to do different things at different times such as, the podiatrist, or diaper service, and it would be easier if it was disclosed at the front end it would be better if those things were on a set schedule or if they were disclosed in the lease in writing. We chose it over others because it was nice and well kept, but mostly it was the director and the nurse practitioner who made a house call, and made specific recommendations. They were knowledgeable about the needs and had good advice.

Judy was great and the faci...

Judy was great and the facility was lovely. It was clean and well organized. Residents looked happy and busy. I felt a true sense of community & care. Will be going back for another look.

Draper Place

The staff is friendly, cordial, knowledgeable and professional. I would highly recommend Draper Place as the perfect new home for your elderly parent.

This is close to home...about 10 mile...

This is close to home...about 10 miles, near Milford Hospital and lots of doctors. They rated high on everything...and they sent me home with a whole hot apple pie! DELICIOUS!!

Nice facility, residents are friendly...

Nice facility, residents are friendly and seem happy. Memory unit is a little scary, but that may be the nature o fthe business.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you found our community to be pleasant, and I apologize if our Life Guidance memory care neighborhood appeared to be uninviting in any way. We encourage residents with memory impairments to be physically active, dine with their neighbors and participate in events. I hope you will visit us again soon and ask to see the events calendar for our residents, including our Life Guidance residents. I think you will find our programming very engaging. If you have any questions, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to put the Atria community name in your subject line.

Wonderful facility! The Director has...

Wonderful facility! The Director has been very helpful with questions and follow up. We are still looking at facilities we've found on our own, but so far Atria Draper Place is the best one we've found. Thank you for your help!

Atria Draper Place offers a relaxing senior community in the historic New England town of Hopedale. Residents enjoy taking a stroll down to the pond or quietly reading a book from the public library. A variety of lectures and entertainment provide social interaction for residents, friends and family.