Cornerstone at Milford - Milford, MA

Friendly Staff

We toured at Cornerstone at Milford, and though that the community was very nice. We certainly liked the very friendly staff there, but thought that the community was too far way and too large for my loved one.

Beth Patras

I'm glad our staff made a good impression on you during your visit to our community! I understand how size factors into your decision to choose a new home for your loved one--you want to be sure they will get the attention and care they deserve, and that they won't get lost in the crowd. We have programs in place that make the community feel more intimate and allow staff to really get to know each and every resident. Improving resident quality of life is our primary goal. We've found that our residents enjoy the spaciousness of Cornerstone because it gives them more choices and opportunities to make friends, engage in their favorite activities, and make lasting memories.

If location is still a big concern, check out Senior Living Residences' full list of communities at www.seniorlivingresidences.com. Perhaps one of our sister communities is closer to you so you can visit more often. Please contact us if you have any additional questions or if we can further help you in your search. We want to be a resource to you in making this important decision. --Beth Patras

A tour with options

I like the tour from the nice staff what had a lot to offer us. The environment was good and the community was clean with a nice environment. The menu looked appealing. We would recommend that families tour this community for the options available.

Beth Patras

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased that you've had such a positive experience on your tour. Our community is the residents' home, and we do our best to keep it up to their standards. That includes the menu! Residents provide a lot of input to Chef Dave and this is what keeps our daily menu options as fantastic as they are. We truly appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you in the community again soon.
-- Beth Patras, Executive Director

Nice place!

Everything went good while my mom was there. They were great to my mom. The staff took very good care of my mom. The community was clean and neat. The food was good it just did not end up working out for us.

My favorite so far. Everything is modern and keeps residents needs in the forefront. I had a great time visiting and talking with some of the residents who gave glowing reviews. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful.

Not Close To Family

It was a beautiful place to visit. It was clean and the residents seemed happy. The room I was shown was really nice. I didn't notice anything going on. Nothing seemed alarming here. The matter of location was not close to the family.

An Impressive Tour

I thought this was a fancy community and it seemed like apart of other another corporation. The tour was impressive and I did have lunch. I thought it tasted very nice. This was also another community in my top choices.

Cornerstone was a life saver for our Aurora!

Aurora is in her 80s and complications from diabetes kept her hospitalized or in rehabs for about a year. Between her limitations and medical facility indifference, we nearly lost her three times. The healthcare system had been treating her as on old woman who had outlived her purpose; this added to her complications. They were virtually ready to dispose of her.

When her condition finally began to improve, there were decisions to be made. She couldn't leave to live alone at home any longer. She had been turned off of Assisted Living facilities from earlier introductions. "I've been to those places. I know what they are; I'm not going." Then she visited Cornerstone.

We spent quite some time with the administrative staff and with several residents. When we asked residents away from the ears of staff to give us a "real" review, EVERY person said they loved living there! As for Aurora, her first impression was positive: "This place doesn't smell old!" At the end of the tour Aurora was asked that if a room was available, would she be interested. She replied: "Can I move in today?" We were in shock, but pleased beyond belief. The staff was able to find her a room and her life has truly changed for the positive.

The woman who could barely walk the length of the corridor to her room now "races" there with her walker. That is, she races there when she's not enjoying the many functions and gatherings, or socializing with the other residents at meal time. She isn't bored or lonely. If she was, the staff are always offering a "Hi There!" to her or anyone else to make her feel welcome. For the staff, she is welcome!

I'll close by saying that I've seen first had how Seniors are treated now and in the past. Too many are shuffled into a corner and ignored. I don't see that ever happening at Cornerstone! I thank God for the people in the administration and those who work there on a daily basis. You can tell it's a philosophy that is passed on from the top down. These wonderful people are a blessing to all, but especially our Aurora.

Thanks to all the Cornerstone staff!

NO AEDs ON PREMISES

STAFF ARE NOT TRAINED IN CPR

NURSE LIMITED IN SERVICES

Carolyn Smith

All of us here at Cornerstone appreciate the favorable evaluations from the writer, especially as regards to friendliness. We do believe we have a very special community of residents, their families and staff who truly care for one another! I also want to address the concerns expressed in the same review. Our nurses here at Cornerstone provide the maximum level of nursing care permitted by Massachusetts law, including some types of direct medication administration at the resident's option. When a resident needs short-term skilled nursing services, they receive them from local visiting nurse agencies just as if the resident were still living at home. People are sometimes surprised that under Massachusetts law, a nursing home level of skilled nursing services can only be provided by nursing staff in nursing homes. The suggestion to provide AEDs onsite is a good one. Our management company is having their Director of Quality Improvement, who is a nurse, look into providing AEDs in our community. Finally, as to CPR training, our staff members who are comfortable with performing CPR are trained in CPR, and for those who are trained, we would support their decision to provide CPR to the extent that they feel comfortable and competent to do so. One thing to keep in mind is that many seniors have "Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) orders" and providing CPR for these residents would go against their stated wishes. Our CPR policy, which is shared with all families in writing, is to contact local emergency rescue personnel in the event that any person on our premises is in distress and in need of first aid assistance, including potentially CPR. I welcome feedback and suggestions, and I hope I have answered these concerns thoroughly. My door is always open to all of our residents and their families to discuss any concerns in more detail.

New resident with advancing Alzheimer's is afraid to shower. They have not showered her in over a week and also had not seen physical therapy since admission. These two issues are not being addressed. The staff is blaming the primary physician for not doing the referral for PT but not fixing the problem without the family getting involved. The family had to call the doctor again. If BU is involved with the Alzheimer's care than why can't they get her in the shower? That is one of the reasons she is there. They are supposed to be qualified to deal with a frightened Alzheimer's patient and still be able to complete activities of daily living. Maybe they prematurely admitted this resident if they do not have the qualified staff. Falling and bruises on her arms have also been an issue. Fell at least three times in the first week.

Nice place!

We've had a great experience with Cornerstone at Milford so far. The staff have all been very friendly and professional, and during our search they provided a lot of useful information. Everyone at the community seems well taken care of and comfortable. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they even do a good job with the food! It is a nice place overall, and I would recommend it to others looking in the area.

Initial Impressions of Cornerstone at Milford are Excellent.

All of the people that work at Cornerstone at Milford are very professional, experienced, knowledgable, caring individuals.
The facility is top shelf. Talking to all levels of employees is easy.

Over all it’s a very good place.

Over all it’s a very good place. The food is great. There is an outside area. I’ve never had any trouble finding parking. I can’t imagine it being much better than this, so we didn’t really look at any other communities.

Cornerstone at Milford offers local seniors service-enriched Assisted Living and a state-of-the-art Compass Memory Support Neighborhood® featuring innovative, research-based programming for those with Alzheimer's disease or memory loss, in affiliation with Boston University School of Medicine Alzheimer's Disease Center. Located at the corner of Birch Street in Milford and Route 109 just one block from Route 495 and easily accessible from neighboring towns including Medway, Franklin, Hopedale, Mendon, Upton, Uxbridge and Bellingham. Cornerstone at Milford provides easy access to the area’s shopping, dining and cultural attractions, as well as local medical facilities, including Milford Regional Medical Center. Residents will enjoy an enriching, supportive lifestyle with gracious accommodations, personalized services, and many amenities and innovative programs designed to enhance quality of life, including brain healthy cuisine, adult education, music, the arts and exercise. Cornerstone at Milford is the sister community of Cornerstone at Canton and Concord Park, all managed by Senior Living Residences.