Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd. - Hoffman Estates, IL

Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd. - Hoffman Estates, IL has yet not published prices.

It feels more like a hotel or institution than home

I toured here when looking for a place for my parents. From what I saw, it was a very nice facility. The people were super, but they don’t accept Medicaid or anything like that. When I toured, it kind of seemed like a hotel more so than a community. Everything was clean and very nice but it felt like more of an institutional environment and not that homey. There was a dining service when I was there and I saw some people having dinner and watched the staff help some of the other residents get around. Overall, they were better than average and everything seemed nice.

Mom is in Good Hands

My father has since passed since my parents move to this community, but my mother is still here. She is okay, we are still figuring out our next move overall. However I feel comfortable with her in this community. She is safe, and in good hands. This is a nice community, and I would recommend it.

Comfort and Care

I like the care at this community for my mom's care. The staff is helpful and comforting to her needs. She likes the variety of the menu with a lot of healthy meals. The community is clean and I like that she is active with the activities. We would recommend the care and comfort and value of this community to other families.

Excellent Experience!!

I am hoping my parents make the decision to move into this community shortly. They have a great floor plan that is very clean and has a lot of natural light throughout the facility. I liked that they had a lot of seasonal decorations put up and had many activities going on throughout the building. When my parents decide they are ready to make the move, this is the place I am hoping they will go.

I had A Good Tour of This Community

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went very well. From what I saw everything looked nice and well maintained. The staff was courteous and kind. My questions were answered. It was a good experience. They were very polite to my family and I.

I Had A Tour

They just got their licence and the memory care is on the 2nd floor. I know she need to go in and outside to not feel isolated. They did not have a licence on time and it was in an isolated area, off the beaten road. They shared a book about their philosophy. People can bring their children and employees as well, to interact with the residents like "Grandma and Grandpa" They let animals in their facility, they at least have a couple per 10 to 20 residents for good therapy and hope.

From What I Hear

I understand that it is going well for my dad. He had to wait to move-into the memory care, there was a delay in the construction. So far from what I hear, it is good. My dad is eating much better and he enjoys it too. He has made some friends from what I understand.

It was such a terrible experience. The food was horrid and the service was terrible. She liked the salesman, the lady that helped us look. There was a breakdown on the health side as well as the food being really bad. We only stayed a couple of weeks.

If you care for your loved one, DO NOT PLACE THEM AT BROOKDALE

Brookdale should have NEVER taken in my mother. They could not handle her level of care. She was place in Oct. and i removed her end of Dec. Upon arrival, cost was $4,600. Two weeks later went to $9,600. She was there two months. Dropped 8 times. Medication missed 28 times. Police called twice for being left on toilet for 3 hours. She lost 89 lbs. She had an untreatable UTI do to neglect. She had been dropped and cut up on her legs. They showered her in her own wheelchair which rusted and was unusable. I met with the Executive Direction Cheryl [removed] 6 times in personal meetings to address issues and called every week. She did NOTHING, literally nothing. Other families voiced the same complaint of Cheryl also. They could not call me back once to address my mothers concern, but our family gets calls every other day regarding the bill that STILL has not been adjusted to show her as evacuated. Do not be sold by the decor or smiles at the door. It is a HUGE mask for the terrible treatment you loved one will get, unfortunately.

They misrepresented their memory care building.

Caring staff makes the difference

The staff is extremely caring and friendly with all of the clients. Even when just walking by, they will engage (by name) with each person. They will ask how they are or if they need anything. I can't say enough good about the people caring for my Mom.

The only negative I can think of is that their dining room is filled so when there is an issue with the residents not getting along, there is no way to easily accommodate different seating arrangements.

It was a good choice for my Mom

Having a loved one in any facility is heartbreaking, but the staff and physical environment at Hoffman Estates make it as pleasant as possible.

An Okay Place

The cost of it wasnt that costly. The staff was very friendly and caring but didnt experience that to much. Overall it was pretty good.

very friendly and helpful

One area where I feel that Brookdale Hoffman Estates could improve would be to be a little more up front about how things work and what to expect. There have been a couple of times where we expected things to go one way and they went another, or required an additional piece of paperwork, or something like that.

What they do really well though is that they are very friendly and helpful.

This wasn't the best fit for our loved one.

This wasn't the best fit for our loved one. It wasn't a good feeling, when we walked in. When you have moderate dementia you still have awareness of your surroundings, and seeing other people around that were more progressed that our loved one is, would have been very difficult. The room was tiny. I don't even know if you could get a bed in there. It was more expensive than another place we were considering. They were very good to work with me though, and would have gotten her in right away if we needed.

I do think they are a good value.

I do think they are a good value. I would say check this out as a strong candidate or option. Emeritus is very competitive price wise in what they had to offer. They seem to do a very good job of the core competencies of providing a clean, safe, healthy environment for our loved ones.

Wonderful choice for a loved one's care and residency

My husband and I are very happy with mom's care at Emeritus. They have been wonderful in accommidating and evaluating mom's care needs from day one. The staff are helpful everywhere, and have and really taken the time to get to know her and her specific needs. The place is clean, family oriented, and the staff are wonderful. We have attended some of the family events, which are very nice. Mom is in the memory care unit, and she has adjusted and done well there. She has stabilized quite a bit, and receives good medical attention, as well as activity and mixes well with other residents, with staff guidance. The price is reasonable for the level of care, and I can't think of anything negative to say. I also worked in medical social work for years, and have seen many residencies and nursing homes, and I have been impressed all the way around with Emeritus.

Very nice!

We're very pleased with this place so far! It looks great, it's very warm, welcoming, and clean. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, they're always right on top of things and deal with any issues you have quickly. It looks like a grand hotel when you walk in, I imagine the residents must feel like they're on a long vacation! I highly recommend them.

Doing a good job, have a few issues

I feel like they're doing a pretty good job here, although they seem a bit understaffed at times. One issue that has been causing us some difficulty is that the carpeting they use is making it difficult for my loved one to move herself around in her wheelchair, which isn't something we even thought about when touring.

Too institutional

I didn't like the format of it, the hallways were very much like an institution and it smelled like an institution. I knew my dad's sensory would have seen that and he wouldn't have liked it at all and wouldn't want to feel like he was being institutionalized.

companion $1750/month (2BR ...

companion $1750/month (2BR shared bathroom) studio $2100/month different (additional) depending on level of care

Very Large Hotel Feel

It used to be owned by Marriot so it felt like a big hotel. Other than that they had some pretty good programs. It was just too large. I like the smaller places.

Emeritus

This is the first assisted living facility I have experience with, and having moved my mother there in May I have not had much time to evaluate it thoroughly. Overall the staff is nice and seem helpful (some more than others). The only issue I have had thus far is with Rita, the only person there able to help with billing questions. She is unresponsive and not at all timely with returning phone calls. I had to make multiple requests for a copy of my mother's monthly statements (having Power of Attorney, I handle her finances); once I was able to reach this woman, she gave me lame excuses but did finally provide the documentation.
The facility itself is clean and seems well maintained. There are no lingering odors that I have detected (I have a very sensitive sense of smell), which to me is quite important.

My brother is very happy

Everything seems to be going fine for my brother there. It took some adjusting because my brother is kind of on the young side so he wants to do more things but physically, he can't. This place is fine - I wouldn't mind being there myself! I heard from my brother that the food is really good. He's really happy with it. He likes to be able to get outside and do things so they take him out and he likes the bingo too.

Thoroughly Pleased!

My mom is thoroughly pleased and thoroughly happy. We are very pleased. The place is very, very nice and a wonderful setting for seniors. Since this is a temporary respite arrangement, my mom is saddened by the fact that we will have to ultimately move her for reasons that have nothing to do with Emeritus. I would not have a problem reffering anyone to thier facility for thier mom or their dad.

Location was the big deal for us, and...

Location was the big deal for us, and the price was very competitive with other communities we'd considered.

The staff went out of their way to be friendly and attentive to us- they let us lunch there even though it was after the lunch hour.

I think the caregiver-patient ratio is good. They specialize in Alzheimer's care as well which is good because my mother has that disease.

my scheduled tour was not in their re...

my scheduled tour was not in their records; however they did accomidate us. Many seniors in common areas doing activities, meal program seemed good. rooms appeared nice. place was clean with exception of sewage smell on third floor. need to follow up on this. The Director called me back and explained smell may have come from maintenance area below, as they had a back up that day. Claims no more smell and was invited for another tour.

Chaos. Didn't meet with originally s...

Chaos. Didn't meet with originally scheduled individual, nor the second or third. I believe he was a director. The available room in Reminiscence was very nice, so was the terrace off the third floor dining room. The chaos has me concerned. I met a number of the staff members which was good.

secured unit

secured unit

We are having my Aunt assessed by Dir...

We are having my Aunt assessed by Director to see which unit they would place her in. This one needs some discussion among our family because, though we liked it a lot, there is the issue of no medicaid.

Brookdale at Hoffman Estates provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brookdale at Hoffman Estates can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.