Sunrise of Schaumburg - Schaumburg, IL

Compassionate care

The nursing staff is compassionate and caring the care managers are also very patient and helpful

This is a beautiful community.

A good our

This community seemed clean when we visited and we liked the staff we met. We did not feel the setup of this community would work for our loved one as the memory care area is on the second floor.

I would like to express our deepest appreciation towards Sunrise’s help with my mother- law. Under your guidance and leadership, your team of caretakers, nurses, and food service and personnel have provided excellent services to my mother-in law. She has indicated to me that she would not go any other place other than Sunrise.

Ever since my mother moved into your facility, a little more than three years ago, she had nothing but praises. The pleasant personality of the staff, the delicious meals, particularly the people who served her meals, and the harmonious living environment made a lasting memory for her.

Was not the right fit

I thought that this place was nice and had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff was kind and made sure to answer any questions I had for them about there community. It just was not as nice as some of the other places I had looked at and in the end was just not the right fit for her.

The facilities are beautiful and the staff couldn't been more helpful or friendly. From the moment we took the tour to the time that we started moving our love one in the staff was there to help.
Every individual we passed welcomed us and introduced themselves by name. On the first evening that we moved our family member in, we were invited to a complimentary dinner in the main dining room to make the adjustment easier for our loved one. The food and dinner service was excellent.
Each time we visit, we are greeted with a smile and the staff welcomes us by name. We are encouraged to join in the activities when we are there.
We couldn't be more comfortable with our decision and can leave after each visit knowing she is in a safe and caring facility.

Good experience at Sunrise

We have been very pleased with Sunrise; our mother has been there in the memory care unit for about 10 days. I have found the coordination of the initial evaluation and assessment to be easy and the communication has been very good. The move in went well and my mother is currently in an adjustment period at the facility. Since she has been there, all of the staff has been very responsive to her as well as to any questions we have had.
I would not hesitate to recommend this facility.

Great care for dad

This is a nice community. The community is clean and well maintained all of the time. The meals are outstanding. and he does like the good variety. He is activie in the activities and he enjoys the other residents. We do highly recommend this community for the care and the value for a loved one.

Staff and facilities are exceptional. They made the transition painless. The activities are wonderful. I would highly recommend this facility.

Top Notch service

The staff here is wonderful. No matter what I have for a questions they find out the answer. The General Manager was outstanding and super helpful in this process. The food is great and they provide a variety of choices for my loved one. The community is kept clean, it is just a old community. I would most definitely recommend this community to family.

Tender Loving Care!!

Activities in the community are great they have bingo and some exercise classes. The facility is kept clean and well organized. The staff communicate fairly well with everyone. The atmosphere is positive everyone puts effort so that the residents receive proper care and feel very comfortable. My loved one feels secure this gives the family some comfort.

My Tour Went Very Well

My tour of this community was a very nice one. I did enjoy my tour, everybody was very kind. This is a good community. The staff was very friendly and courteous. My questions were answered, they were informative as well. From what I saw everything looked very nice. I was very impressed just off of my tour. This is a nice community.

This assisted living community is one of the most beautifully maintained community I have ever seen. From the entrance, to the indoor sitting areas with their upholstered couches and chairs, beautiful eating area to the wonderful interactions between residents and staff. The community was welcoming and very well maintained. I felt the individual resident rooms were on the small side.

Sunrise of Schaumburg

I truly believe it was divine intervention that lead me to a Place for Mom. I had never heard of a Place for Mom and had no idea my mother could live in an assisted living home, due to the constant care she needs. Sunrise was the perfect place for Mom. The entire staff at Sunrise has been wonderful in their care, compassion, and treatment my mother is receiving. If it wasn't for Kerry at a Place for Mom, I don't know where she would be today. Mom has confirmed with us that she loves her homelike suite, and their resident dog, Molly! Love the entire staff as well. With heartfelt thanks!

Brief experience, but a good one

Our experience with Sunrise was only a brief one, but I thought they did a very good job, overall. They were able to help us in a time-sensitive situation, and they took good care of my loved one while she was here. It's a nice looking place, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend checking it out if you're looking into senior care in the area!

The staff are wonderful

The staff are wonderful at Sunrise of Schamburg. He has had some trouble dressing and I'm not sure if the staff have followed through with helping on that. I like everything at this facility so far. I am really happy with things here.

They do not provide transportation to doctor appointments. [removed]

Everyone was very nice and professional.

This was a very short stay, and it's hard to give a thorough review. Everyone was nice, and he was settling in well. He was making a great transition. He liked the nurses. He thrived in that environment. There were no billing issues. He liked them and was joking with the nurses. He thought the food was good. Everyone was very nice and professional.

The Care Managers are wonderful and t...

The Care Managers are wonderful and try very hard to help all the residents with their individual needs.

New resident review

Mom has only been at Sunrise a week but everyone with whom we had contact was very helpful and welcoming. I can't rate the activities yet because of the short period of time Mom has been there. I gave it 4 stars as it seems that they get the residents out and about and we really liked Shamika, the assistant activites director.

Be cautioned that is you use a hospic...

Be cautioned that is you use a hospice service along with the nursing staff you really have to watch for omission or duplication of medicine. Several flu outbreaks at this facility and my loved one sadly ended up perishing after contracting an infection that went untreated for 48+hours. Some of the staff were excellent - although sensed a disconnect with many of the staff and management.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take your comments very seriously and would like to learn more. Please contact information(at)sunriseseniorliving (dotcom) with your contact information so we can reach out to you immediately. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

Patient and Professional Staff

It seems like there is any number of activities, but unfortunately I can't speak to them. My mom is really not able to be involved. Through no fault of the staff she really declined, and she has already been moved to "Memory Lane." They are doing everything that they can. She is really trying their patience and professionalism, but they are handling it quite well. This community is identical to the other Sunrise that we visited, right down to the formula of having a large dog in the front that is friendly to everyone.

Good So Far

They have bingo and they have different games and socials during the week. They had a luau last week and that was good. They had people come in to perform. They had grandparent's day too. The food is okay. They offer low sodium options. I wish it wasn't as high, dollar-wise.

Didn't Work Out

We had to take our mother out. She wasn't getting good attention there. About 2 weeks ago she fell and broke her pelvis and at that point they said that she needed more attention than they could give her. It did not work out well.

People are great and food is good

We had a wonderful tour with Colleen. Star was great when she came to visit my mom at the rehab center where she was recuiperating from a fall. My mom was not happy to move there but over time with her wonderful caregiver, Irene, she is getting used to it. She is happy to say the rosary with the group every morning. She likes her meal table mate. She loves Mike, PT when he comes but doesn't like the chair exercises in the morning with the staff and group environment. She thinks they are too boring. She was always into crafts and I wish she would explore those offerings but we are still taking baby steps. One thing is that I have yet to receive an invitation to a special event. I have gone just because I have asked and encourage her to go so I go too but it would be nice for an invitation to come so I don't miss any party.

Ease of Moving

I chose this community for my mother because out of the three locations I looked at Sunrise of Schaumburg really stood out. Kim was a very nice lady and was really helpful. They sent two nurses to my mom's house to see if it would be a good match and make my mom more comfortable. The entire move was handled by Sunrise and they made it very easy. It is a nice community and everyone is super nice. My mother has a really nice view of the lawn, which is very well maintained. There are nice benches to sit and talk with plenty of shading.

The least convenient Sunris...

The least convenient Sunrise location. Farthest from both the house, Good Shepherd Hospital, and dad's doctors. If care and facilities are equal among the Sunrise locations, prefer Barrington and Buffalo Grove locations over Schaumburg.

small units

small units

Excellent marketing person. Very comf...

Excellent marketing person. Very comfortable as this is a larger version of my uncle's current facility. Can't be sure he would receive the care he needs. Great 3rd floor terrace. Nice rooms.

Awesome! Very nice. Very friendly. Ve...

Awesome! Very nice. Very friendly. Very helpful. So expensive!!