Brookdale Hoffman Estates - Hoffman Estates, IL

This facility is superb all the way around from the intimate setting to the professional and friendly staff and cleanliness of the environment! I would never hesitate to place a loved one here if necessary.

Five stars all the way around. Wonderful place for my mother. Can't wait to retire and move there ourselves

Not their area...

When my parents were searching for a community, we toured Brookdale in Hoffman Estates. My parents were invited to lunch and a tour as well as a panel discussion of new residents (which I found very helpful.) My parents decided to stay closer to their home and their hospital of choice.

Steve Warady

Pleased to hear your parents found what they were looking for and the fact that you enjoyed the panel discussion.

Awesome Community

Everything is working out very well for my father since his move to this community. It is a very nice facility, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. He has adjusted very well to this community, and he likes it. They have an awesome staff at this community. A place for mom was very helpful. This is a great community, and I would recommend it.

Steve Warady

Thank you for the positive comments!

my new home

This place has exceeded our expectations. The food is great. The staff is wonderful and the my living space is perfect. I can't think of anything more I could have asked for-hope my present feelings continue . Thank you Brookdale..+
See this place you will not be disappointed!!

Steve Warady

So happy to hear how happy you are!

Steve Warady

So happy to hear how happy you are!

Friendly staff!

I would recommend the Brookdale Hoffman Estates because the staff has treated my father very well. The place is clean and the meals provided are very good. They had someone show us around on move in. We are happy with our choice.

Steve Warady

Thanks for the positive comments. We appreciate you!

My Uncle's Care

This is a great community. The staff is very nice aand attentive to his needs. They do seem to need a little help in the meals. They offer him alot of great activities that he is really enjoying.I like tht the community is very clean and managed well. We have recommened this community to friends seeking care for a family member

Steve Warady

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We appreciate your recommendations and referrals.

Very Good Tour of This Community

My tour of this community went very well. The community was nice looking. Everything appeared to be well-kept, and clean. The staff was friendly and informative. I enjoyed my tour, this is a nice community. Everyone was very nice to my family and I.

Steve Warady

Thank you for your positive comments! Glad you enjoyed our community.

Attentive Staff!!

My transitioning to the community has been good. I like my bedroom the housekeeping does a good job maintaining it clean and organized. There are various activities that i like to engage in. Meals that are offered to me from the community are tasteful and are also very healthy. I would recommend it to loved ones.

Steve Warady

Thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted to know you are so happy here.

Happy Here

This community has a very friendly staff. They really go out their way to help you. There are many activities offered. Everybody is very helpful and welcoming. They do a good job with keeping everything neat and tidy. Overall I'am happy here. It is truly a great community.

Steve Warady

Thank you so much for your positive comments! We love knowing how much our residents love living here!

Great Staff!!

I really liked that after my tour the community reached out to me and followed up to make sure everything went okay. The tour guide was smart and provided me with all the necessary information about the community. During my tour i got to see some interaction between the staff and the residents. Everyone looked very happy and seemed to enjoy activities they were doing.

Steve Warady

Thank you so much for your positive comments. One of our goals is to provide our prospective residents with the information you need to make the best decision for you / your loved one.

Happy To Find A Good Community

We are excited for Mom starting to join in activities. She likes the staff who are great. The community is very well maintained and clean. My mom says the food taste fine. It's only been a few weeks but they accommodate my mom and they are great all together. I would recommend this place.

Steve Warady

Thank you for your positive comments. Glad to know your mom is happy living at our community.

If one of your loved ones can't handle living in their own home any longer, but are still independent, this place is the finest place in the Chicago area. I would urge anyone who has a loved one to consider Brookdale Hoffman Estates. My mother raves about the activities they offer, and someone comes in once a week to clean the apartment. It's been a fantastic place for her, and we're extremely pleased!

Steve Warady

"Too big and too elegant". Quote from my mother.

Welcoming

Overall, the entire staff members have made me feel very welcomed at Brookdale Hoffman Estates. Every single one of them has. All of the employees are very welcoming and they made me feel as such when I was there.

very good

We have had a very good experience with Brookdale Hoffman Estates. One thing I have really like is how they have been very purposeful in finding out what my mother in law likes to do, what her hobbies are, what she did for a living, and that kind of thing, and have helped to get her engaged in the right activities accordingly.

No Complaints Overall

It has been a very positive experience from the start. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and very cooperative. My mom has used the occupational and physical therapy and they have really assisted her with that. Overall, I have no complaints.

very helpful

One thing that my grandmother has said is that everyone there has been very willing to go out of their wail to help her. They have done a great job helping her get involved, and feeling welcome. She has not been there for too long, but thus far everything about it has been a very good experience.

Great Community

i think that the staff is very outgoing, friendly, and always very close to the residents. There seems to be plenty of activities for the residents of the community. I feel that I have been very satisfied with the level of care and the community as a whole .

Pretty Impressive

I toured here and got to sit down to enjoy a meal. The building was clean, and dinner was delicious! I got to meet 3 lovely ladies who seemed to be in good spirits. They only had nice things to say too.

happy

Any time we have any questions or need any help, someone is always right there to help out. The food is very good as well. Overall we are pretty happy with Brookdale Hoffman Estates.

Seems nice so far

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far everything has gone well with Brookdale Hoffman Estates. It's a nice looking place, it is clean, and the staff all seem very friendly. The only disappointment so far is that the average age of the residents was a bit higher than what we were hoping for.

Liked the facility and stev...

Liked the facility and steve who gave the tour was very informative. Nicest cleanest most homey place we have viewed. Only negative was distance of some rooms to the elevator was a long distance.

Very Welcoming

We were refereed to Brookdale by A Place for Mom. We met with Steve who was a tremendous ambassador for the property. Very well kept, and friendly. They were also very willing to make the economics work. We feel very comfortable having Mom there now and have a sense of security. Extra services are a la carte so you need to make sure your loved one is still somewhat able bodied or it can start to rum up the tab. All of the staff have been great to work with and talk to.

Understaffed

If my mother didn't have a 24/7 caregiver, the staff would not be able to assist my mother enough on AL. Too few cna's on every floor. They are overworked and underpaid, like so many places. Otherwise we are pleased and my mom is happy.

Terrific tour. Steve was v...

Terrific tour. Steve was very easy to talk with and very accommodating. This property is definitely on our short list.

Very nice place!

Brookdale Plaza has been wonderful! She absolutely loves it! I'd give them high marks across the board. It's a lovely looking community, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. They're always ready to answer any questions you might have. And they were so helpful and on top of things when we moved my loved one in!

Parents enjoyed visiting De...

Parents enjoyed visiting Devonshire. They liked the food, and people they met were very friendly. There was so many activities to do. Linda was great. She arranged lunch with a Filipino couple to eat with us to make my parents felt welcome.

Bert decision ever!

My aunt has been at Devonshire for about 6 weeks now. She absolutely loves it! It is a wonderful environment for people who can still leave independently with gentle watching over!
She has made many new friends and feels right at home.
All of the staff is so so welcoming and accommodating.
The facilities are well maintained and everyone goes out of their way to be sure the residents are happy.
There is as much or as little to do as one wants and needs.
It is also a huge bonus to have medical facilities in such close proximity.
I am so happy with the decision we made to have my aunt move to Devonshire. She lived in the city and I am her only relative. It has made it so much better for both of us to be closer to each other.

Excellent facility. Very b...

Excellent facility. Very bright and open. Caters to their renters. Don't allow 60 day buy off. Must sign 12 month lease. Exception if illness involved. Average 4% increase every year.

Overall I would give them a positive rating.

The food was good I would give it a four. The variety of food available relative to special diet, was not as great as it could have been. I had a positive experience with the sales force. Overall I would give them a positive rating. They run a good business operation. It's difficult to accommodate everyone. A Place For Mom was absolutely second to none, I had never experienced anything like their service before, I had an absolutely fantastic experience their service took a very difficult situation and really turned it around for me. My advisor, Tina Schachter, she was just great, she was absolutely phenomenal.

so far so good

It has only been 2 days since my parents moved into The Devonshire, but so far so good. Happy with the move in process, the aparment is great and everyone has been friendly and welcoming.

I Toured

I toured this fine community and found the employees both professional and personable. I also spoke with a few residents asking them for their opinions. They unanimously concurred that The Devonshire was a very nice place to live, the food great and most of the residents got along well.

Allow My Mom to be Independent

I tapped into them because I thought the ease and convenience of having doctors associated with the facility would be easier for my mom. My comment would be that there was another set of rules that requires a certain amount of visits and cost is never talked about. Now we're getting bills and I'm surprised at the costs and the number of visits they think is necessary.

I do see the activity bulletin. My mother is pretty independently functioning so she picks and chooses what she participates in. There are lots of musical activities - singers, bands and performers that come on a regualr basis. There are a few discussion groups and lots of games. My mother has macular degeneration and they do not offer adaptations to a lot of these things which makes it hard for my mom to participate. In a facility that is supposed to cater to these kinds of problems that was surprising.

Very Very Nice but Too Big

It was a very, very nice place but to me, it was too big for my mom. Some people love it and that's great but I think my mom is intimidated by big places.

Clean, beautiful environmen...

Clean, beautiful environment. Does not have an assisted living transition in place, although I had a very good feeling about the place.

Amazing community!

The Devonshire is a wonderful community! You can see the the minute you are greeted this is a wonderful place for you or a loved one.

Staff friendliness - A+

Rooms - A+ Lots of variety to choose from

Activity Department - A+ They mentioned if they did not have an activity that my family member enjoyed - they would create a group!

Administration - A+ They truly care about finding the right fit for the family member. Asked the best financial questions, medical needs - I would not have asked for a better place to put a loved one.

What I thought was very cool is - they bring vendors in, especially in the winter time for the residents to shop. Imagine having to take your elderly Mother out to the mall, walk to the store and have to stand there until it is her turn. At Christmas time, they can still do their family shopping in the warmth and comfort of the building!

I would refer this place out to anyone I meet.

We really liked the Devonshire..........

We really liked the Devonshire........very nice!

Like a resort or cruise ship without ...

Like a resort or cruise ship without the water - on same campus as S Alexian Brothers Hospital - has a Nursing Home Next Door

hi rise building close to Mom's docto...

hi rise building close to Mom's doctors, price includes 1 meal a day and either weekly or bi weekly cleaning depending on the meal plan chosen. units have bath tubs.

LOVED it! I think this is the one th...

LOVED it! I think this is the one that we want to go with when the time comes. The location was perfect to get to...right off 90.

RA like a resort or cruise ship witho...

RA like a resort or cruise ship without the water - on same campus as S Alexian Brothers Hospital - has a Nursing Home Next Door

near hospital near shopping

near hospital near shopping

Some cosmetic repairs needed. Excelle...

Some cosmetic repairs needed. Excellent location. Move-in fee very high. Like the idea of GP on site.

Larger facility, 300 residents (80 me...

Larger facility, 300 residents (80 men). 94% capacity. Good care giver ratios (1:5). 20 year old facility, owned by Brookdale Senior living NYSE traded company. On St. Alexis Hosptial grounds. Independent living, Asst. Living and Hospice care. Dr. in house. Very strong in obtaining VA benefits for seniors. They have an advocate to assist with VA. Have furnished appts available to immediatley use. Annual contract with 60 term notice. Start at $4,000/mth plus services.

visited, nice but I feel too big, she...

visited, nice but I feel too big, she would be lost.

Assisted living, no real Alz or forma...

Assisted living, no real Alz or formal dementia area of the building. Designed for those who don't really need help. On same campus as St. Alexus hospital. Private pay only.

very nice place. reminded me of highr...

very nice place. reminded me of highrise city living. lots of action. again, talked with two residents who talked about how much there is to do and how nice the staff was. these two ladies were sitting taking bets on football squares. in downtown des plaines, near library so lots of stuff within walking distance including a catholic church.

Brookdale Hoffman Estates provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.