We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Physical Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Doctor on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Female & Male Residents
- Full-time Activity Director
Welcome to Senior Star Living at West Park Place! West Park Place is an independent living community in Toledo, OH. There is a special feeling that one experiences when they walk into West Park Place that simply cannot be captured with words. We see it every time a new visitor walks through the door. They come in with a glazed look of uncertainty, not knowing what to expect and they leave with a huge smile on their face. Shattering the misconceptions of what it means to live and work in a retirement community is something the West Park Place family loves to do.
Our individual residences are attractive and bright – waiting for you to add your personal touches with your own cherished belongings. West Park Place’s community living areas and dining rooms welcome you to share stories and make new friends. And because everything is meticulously maintained – with housekeeping and linen service provided, you never have to worry about repairs, cleaning or yard work. Residents' families appreciate the peace of mind they gain by knowing that their loved ones live in a community that supports independence, encourages socialization and wellness and helps their loved one experience a fulfilling lifestyle.
Every year, we talk with thousands of families as they explore their options for transitioning into a senior living community. We find that most families desire the same things for themselves and their loved ones. Safety and security. Comfortable, supportive surroundings. A healthy lifestyle and well-being. A little help when it's needed. Indeed, these are the very basics. And we believe we do them extremely well.
We invite you to come and experience life at West Park Place today!
Covering an area of 84.12 square miles, Toledo was founded in 1833 on the west bank of the Maumee River. This city has a relatively decent walk score although residents may still need a car to accomplish most errands. The weather remains partly cloudy year round, and there are more hot seasons than cold seasons. There are plenty of senior housing facilities and veteran's facilities in the city that offer support to older residents.
- Walkability score: Toledo has a walk score of 46, which means that only some errands can be accomplished on foot. The most walkable neighborhoods include Downtown, Warren Sherman, and TOTCO. Residents can walk to an average of 1 restaurant, bar or coffee shop within 5 minutes.
- Average age in the zip: In 2015, the population reached 297,778 people, with a median age of 36.1 years.
- Number of senior housing facilities in the zip: There are about 143 different types of senior housing facilities in the zip and in surrounding cities. Some offer specialized memory care services and assisted living services while others focus on independent living and offering 55+ communities. Rates start from $631 and go up to $2,750.
- Average weather info: There are about 3.8 months in the hot season and 3.2 months in the cold season. Throughout the year, daily temperatures range from 19 to 83 degrees Fahrenheit. It rarely drops below 3 degrees Fahrenheit and rarely goes above 91 degrees Fahrenheit. The weather is mostly partly cloudy year round.
- Veteran's facilities in the area: While there are quite a few veteran's facilities in the area, the most common place that veterans seek help at is the Toledo Vet Center.
Getting to and from various destinations in Toledo is a piece of cake. There are plenty of transportation services available in the city. Public transit options include several bus routes, call-a-ride services, and one main train station. Taxi services and ridesharing services are also available and easily accessible.
- Buses: Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority (TARTA) run all of the bus routes in the city. They offer over 43 residential routes and even 5 call-a-ride services. Seniors who are over the age of 65 and are Medicare cardholders can enjoy reduced fare passes.
- Trains: The main train station in Toledo is the Martin Luther King Jr. Plaza. This station is served by four Amtrak trains on a daily basis. The station connects Toledo to many major cities like Chicago, Ohio, Boston, Massachusetts, New York City, Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania.
- Taxis: Popular taxi options include Best Cab, Righteous Road Cab Co., and Toledo Taxi.
- Ride shares: Uber and Lyft both operate in Toledo.
Health and Safety
The crime rate in Toledo is quite high in comparison to many other U.S. cities. Thankfully, this city has plenty of hospitals and medical facilities and centers in the area.
- Hospitals in the area: There are numerous general hospitals and other medical facilities in Toledo. The largest general hospitals include the ProMedica Toledo Hospital and Mercy Health -- St Anne Hospital.
- Crime rate in the zip: Toledo is 4% safer than all other U.S. cities. Annually, approximately 15,884 property crimes and 3,159 violent crimes are reported. The crime rate is approximately 56.77 per 1,000 residents.
Sports and leisure
It's not hard to engage in sports and recreational activities in Toledo. Stay active and fit by getting together with friends to play golf or tennis. Many of these public recreational facilities won't cost residents a dime. There are also plenty of gyms that offer senior-friendly activities and classes. Find like-minded individuals at these classes.
- Golf courses nearby: Play golf at quite a few different golf courses in Toledo. The most popular ones include the Ottawa Park Golf Course, the Detwiler Park Golf Course, the Collins Park Golf Course, the Tamaron Golf Course and Bay View Retirees Golf Course.
- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: There are approximately 37 tennis courts available in Toledo. Find a court to play at in Smith Park, Joe Brown Park, Willy's Park, Wilson Park or Ottawa Park. Each park has various numbers of courts available. There are six courts available at Ottawa Park and one available at Joe Brown Park.
- Gyms nearby “ senior friendly (aerobics): Numerous gyms in Toledo offer senior-friendly activities and classes. Popular options include Fitness 19, Planet Fitness and Super Fitness Center.
Shopping and entertainment
There's plenty to do in Toledo. The city is filled with shopping malls, grocery stores, restaurants, movie theaters and libraries. There's also plenty of unique attractions, like museums.
- Clothes Shopping nearby: Find plenty of fashionable clothing stores in Toledo. Popular options include Franklin Park Mall, Southland Shopping Plaza or Miracle Mile Shopping Plaza.
- Grocery stores: Grab fresh groceries and produce at Kroger and Foodtown. Find Mediterranean groceries and foods at Muna Market and Asian groceries and foods at Lee's Market or Asian Grocery. The Seaway Market Place of Toledo offers great seafood and organic products.
- Other restaurants: Enjoy some of the best steak, seafood, and pasta that Toledo has to offer at the Real Seafood Company Toledo. PizzaPapalis has some of the best pizzas and Registry Bistro serves a lot of New American eats with a large selection of wine and beer.
- Movie theaters: Catch newly-released Hollywood movies at Cinemark or Eastwood Theater.
- Libraries: Borrow books, movies and many other items from West Toledo Branch Library, Reynolds Corners Branch Library, Toledo Lucas County Public Library, South Branch Library and Locke Branch Library
- Attractions: Get inspired by visiting the Toledo Museum of Art or spend an afternoon watching animals at the Toledo Zoo. The National Museum of the Great Lakes is also one of the best maritime museums around. They offer a lot of educational stations that provide tourists with in-depth information.
Regardless of one's religion, there are plenty of places of worship within the city. Easily find a prayer group or a place to perform religious practices.
- Religious facilities nearby: Popular churches include the Hope Baptist Church, the Cornerstone Church Toledo, Northpoint Church, Grace Church and the Epworth United Methodist Church. There are several temples in surrounding areas. They include the Hindu Temple of Toledo and the Great Heartland Buddhist Temple of Toledo.