Oakleaf Village of Toledo - Toledo, OH

We are very pleased with the care and friendliness of the staff at Oakleaf. My mother is 97 years old and she has a studio apt. on the 1st floor. The staff are so nice and
encouraging. I am so happy that we decided on Oakleaf.

No knowledgeable tour guide available for us even though we had a pre-scheduled appointment. Facility brochure gives zero help in understanding cost of services. Older facility / dark / cramped hallways. No central air

Clean facility!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. All of the staff where very friendly and made sure to be on time to our appointment. They where very knowledgeable on there facility and gave us a lot of great information as well as answer all questions. Everything was very clean and well maintained, it was just not the right location for my mother.

Really nice community!!

I really enjoyed my tour of this community, all of the staff where friendly and really took there time with my aunt and I during our visit. It was a little out of our price range but I liked the fact that after two years of living there they would accept help from medicaid. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking into an assisted living.

My Sister Is Doing Great Here

My sister is doing well here at this community. She has adjusted well to it, and I'am satisfied. They have a lovely staff here, she is in good hands. The community looks great, they keep the community and her room well maintained. There are activities offered for the residents. She is pleased with the meals. I know she comfortable here, and I would highly recommend it.

Staff were friendly, lunch was good. But the facility looked dingy. Not sure how you can make hallways in a facility like this not look like a nursing home, but looking down the halls was very much like looking at a nursing home.

This Community Is Under Staffed

My parents are doing good here for the most part. My main concern with this community is that they are under staffed. I do not feel the residents are able to get the proper care, because they are so under staff. They need to hire more care givers. So all the residents get the best care and equal attention.

Great Place for Dad

We have found Oakleaf Village to be the best possible solution for the needs of taking care of my 95 year old father. He has found people his own age that he can talk to about the good old days in an environment that is homey and friendly. The staff are very helpful and always around to help out if needed without being overbearing. I have told my family; that when the time comes, I would like to go live there as well. I have recommended to anyone that will listen that Oakleaf Village is the place to go for Assisted Living.

I like it because it seems like someone is always checking on residents. The place is gorgeous. There is more square footage than other communities I've seen, so each resident can have their own space. One negative is the security. Someone has to buzz you in every time. My mom is a very picky eater, but I've not heard her say anything bad about the food. I'm very happy with Oakleaf!

Down home feel

Even though my Dad has just moved into Oakleaf Village; we have found all the staff to be most helpful and have helped Dad with the transition from his own house to a studio apartment. I has been just what Dad needed. He has meet people this own age and now he can have someone else to tell all this old stories to. The facility has a down home feel and I have told my family that when the time comes, I would like to move there too. Thanks Oakleaf Village.

Review of Oakleaf Village of Toledo - Toledo, OH

Very nice place. Rooms are large. The studios are as big as some 1 bedroom. Staff seemed very friendly and eager to help. This location is in top 3 of places we have visited.

We don't love it, but it's close, and it's not as bad as some.

We don't love it, but it's close, and it's not as bad as some. The first month was really difficult to get them to work with us. There were some miscommunications about pricing for laundry, what consists of a load, and how often they do it, with a ten dollar charge for an additional "load" above the two a week they do. We have had to get after people to keep up on linen changes. Most of the aides are terrible, their personalities are just terrible. Some of them just seem miserable, most of them won't even look at you. There are a couple that are just wonderful, we need to clone those ones. We chose them because of location, and the fact that after a couple of years they will switch to medicare. They have a little tiny workout area with 3 stationary bikes, but they don't seem very accessible for the elderly. They have an exercise program, and my dad says it's too easy. I just think they could do better.

Attentive and communicative staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Oakleaf Village, they do a wonderful job here! The community feels very active, and the staff are all very friendly and attentive. They're communicative, and they keep very good tabs on the residents. Once when we took my loved one out for a visit we had her out a little later than usual and I got a call from them just checking in to make sure everything was alright, which I really appreciated!

excellent

All of my experiences with Oakleaf Village of Toledo has been excellent. Any time I have any questions they are very good at getting back to be and fully addressing them, All of my mothers needs are met and she is doing well there.

Went for our confirmed scheduled tour, and person at desk was not aware we were coming. She actually told us they do NOT do tours on Sunday. (Hmm Why Not???) Saw no other staff members around. The lady at the desk called Dena, and told her "There is a man here with his lady friend looking for a tour." That "Lady Friend" is my wife. So I see no reason to consider this place for us to live....

I definitely like the staff, and the ...

I definitely like the staff, and the location

Everybody there is very helpful, very friendly, and dedicated. People there like them. It's not just when you walk in the door, you can tell; it's all the time.

I like that she's in a safe facility and well taken care of.

I don't have enough comparative information to rate them on value.

The location is close to work and our family.

So far, we've been pleased with all of her care.

too costly for dinky apt wi...

too costly for dinky apt with too many services I don't need, yet.

Nice place, overall

Overall we've been very happy with how things are going at Oakleaf Village. It's a very nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They have a good variety of activities and events going on to keep the residents active and entertained, as well! The one concern we've had is that the quality of the food has declined quite a bit since he moved in, there have been issues with the food being served cold as well as running out of certain items like butter, ice cream, etc.

Ms Marvin did an outstandin...

Ms Marvin did an outstanding job of presenting us with complete view of a quality facility at which, we feel, bro Ray might be able to successfully rebound from his stroke experience.

We visted there. Verry nice .

We visted there. Verry nice .

Was very nice place. A little older ...

Was very nice place. A little older then West Park place. Loved the outdoor space.

Positives: Very active facility. Frien...

Positives: Very active facility. Friendly staff greet all by name. Clean and spacious common spaces including a media room, library and craft room. Active residents enjoy daily outings and in-house activities i.e. card games, sing alongs and trivia contests. Large cafeteria style dining room with menu ordering. Spacious apartment with ample storage, walk in bathtub and emergency cords. Modest pricing with add-on services depending on care level needed. Medicaid approved for studio apt. Private pay. Beautiful park like grounds with garden, gazebo, pond and a patio. Negative: Confusingly long hallways.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Oakleaf Village is a rental apartment community. Nestled in a beautifully-landscaped setting, Oakleaf Village is a full service independent and assisted living senior community. With a variety of services and care levels offered, residents enjoy the finest in senior living paired with the flexibility to meet their needs. A great place to live and work, the committed, caring staff at Oakleaf Village provide residents and their families peace of mind. We invite you to learn more and consider making Oakleaf Village your home.