The Waterford at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, OH

Awesome Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my mother while she was here for a short period of time. The staff where very kind to her and I was comfortable with the care she was provided. I like the patience all of the staff had with her and how encouraging they where for her to get involved in the activities they had throughout the day. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

Care and value

We liked this community for the nice tour that we received. The staff was very nice and caring and we liked the clean environment. They have a lot of nice activities that are offered. This community comes recommended, but they were a little more expensive for us. Families could tour this community for care for a nice place to call home.

Easy to navigate floor plan.

The thing that I was most impressed with at this community was how east it was to navigate through the building. Lots of wide hallways and big entry ways as well as spacious common areas. They had a great dinning room and a lot of great amenities available for all of the residents. Overall it was a great place just was not the right fit for my mother.

Food needs improvement.

The one complaint we have is the food. Breakfast is fantastic but the other two meals have issues. The overall quality of the food is not very good. Everything else is adequate.

A clean and very inviting facility.

I took a tour!

I also had a good experience while touring The Waterford at Levis Commons. The people there were very friendly and the tour guide was knowable. Thre facility was very clean and organized. I would recommend it to anyone looking, it was just not the best for my loved one's needs.

Care and comfort

We toured this community and it did not have the feeling that we were looking for. The price was not what we could do at that time. It was not the feeling we were looking for. It was nice and we liked the staff. Families should check out this community for family members

We are very pleased with this community.

This is a very active and vibrant community. My father in law says the food is average. When we visited the residents made him feel right at home and this helped with his decision to live here. The community is clean and well taken care of. The staff are very helpful and followed up with us after our tour. I would recommend this community.

Super sweet lady!

The woman that I spoke with on the tour of the community was very, very helpful and kind. The place looked fine, but it was so far away and it had multiple levels and I did not want mom to have to deal with that.

We are very pleased with The Waterford at Levis Commons. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The residents all seem very nice and several immediately came up to introduce themselves and welcome our parents to their new home. We are very confident that our parents will be well cared for and enjoy their stay at the Waterford.

This tour was awesome and very informative. Me and my loved one loved this place. Super clean and really beautiful. They answered all of my questions and did a great job on the tour. This place as well was expensive and the only reason we chose somewhere else.

moving my mom

Mother will be moving in next week, but the people at Waterford have been so helpful and kind, I appreciate this because mom has been in facilities, out of town, and now has agreed to move up closer to me, and they have made this possible.

Beautiful facility. Several residents said they love it there. Really liked that they offer a 2 bedroom with one bedroom blocked off, resulting in a one bedroom at a significant discount. Drawback is that the resident in one of these may eventually get a roommate for the 2nd bedroom.

I liked this community!!!

This community was gorgeous. The administrative person was great and upfront with us about this and other communities. The staff we met were friendly. This community was reasonably priced. This community was on our short list, however they did not offer a memory care unit. The community looked clean during out tour.

Substandard kitchen

Food service is consistantly poor. Mother and father live on grilled cheese sandwiches which consists of two pieces of toast with a slice of cheese thrown on it!. Kitchen staff are kids with no cooking experience. The kitchen routinely runs out of food. So if you're not in the dining rm at 4pm. , the main entree is gone by the time 5 pm comes around. Complaints and suggestions go unanswered.

Nice place

Things have worked out very well with The Waterford so far, I would give them high marks across the board. It is a nice looking place, and the people are friendly.

Review of The Waterford at Levis Commons - Perrysburg, OH

The was one of the first facilitates we visited. We really liked it. It is in the top 4.

Very nice looking place, but very expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

We loved this place and loved their affordability too.

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

This is a premier facility staffed by the best and most caring individuals.

Both Heathers, Connie, Todd the activities staff the desk concierge personel ar all top notch staff. Everyone treats the residents like they are their true family. I'm so happy for my mom and I to have found the Waterford. I love them all for taking such pride in their residents and for their level of caring.

Thank you and God bless each and everyone of you. May your families truly appreciate the gift you bring to them.

Overall Very Nice Facility

They take care of grooming and the staff is always friendly and on top of things. My mother in law complains that she has to wait a long time to get picked up for activities, meals says short staffed not sure if its just mother in law or not.

Friendly atmosphere

Very caring and friendly atmosphere. Employees call all tenants by name and have long term employment status. Tenants help new people meet others by taking on mentoring type roles for dining and introductions. My mom was very hesitant and within a couple weeks she was feeling good about her move, loves the food and has met several people she considers friends.

They are trying hard.

They are trying hard. It looks pretty clean, the ladies were pulling off the covers to get a spot out, so I think they are doing a pretty good job. The staff is friendly. It seems like a good value, because you pay a set amount and then there are extra charges for the services and care you need. Everyone who comes and visits says the food looks pretty darn good.

Review of The Waterford at Levis Commons Assisted Living in Perrysburg, OH

Heather, KIm and Todd were amazing. What a spectacular place. The accommodations and services are top-notch.

If this move is difficult for you, read my review.

My parents were very apprehensive and more than just sad to leave their home of 68 years, but we knew the time had come. From the minute we walked in the front door, and were greeted to take our tour, we knew this was the right place for them. The staff was warm and gracious. Everyone who worked there took the time to greet us as we passed through. The facility was beautiful and very well maintained. Those living there all looked happy and active, which was just what we wanted. I can't emphasize enough, how positive a move the staff has made this for my parents. I will forever be grateful to them, for taking a difficult life altering situation and turning it into a positive experience.

Excellen experience at The Waterford at Levis Commons

We still have our good days and bad but overall my Mom's stay in the assisted living at The Waterford has been enjoyable. They are helping her to adapt to her new apartment and have taken the stress of medication management etc... off of my shoulders. She is also experiencing so much more interaction with seniors her own age than she did living by herself and with no car. Because of proximity, I'm able to visit more often and she enjoys seeing me. It is nice to be there as a daughter and not a caretaker...more quality time to look through old pictures, take in a movie or go shopping than before. And at the end of the day, I know she is someplace safe! And pets are accepted so she is extremely happy that her cat could come with her.

Waterford

Waterford is a lovely facility. Our loved one is having a bit of difficulty adjusting to so many changes, but in time we believe he will enjoy his new living arrangement. We have found Waterford clean, full of a variety of activities, and staffed by caring, competent people. We would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place for an elderly parent.

Our overall experience has been quite...

Our overall experience has been quite positive; the facility is beautiful & immaculately clean, the entire staff, from nursing , therapists & aides, to dietary, housekeeping, custodial, & administrative, are endlessly kind & sincerely caring. They've been welcoming, attentive, and affectionate to our mother, easing the difficult transition from living at home to living in a community.
The only issue we've encountered that's been at all troublesome upon occasion is staff-to-staff communication. We have always been encouraged to communicate family-to-staff, and we appreciate that, but sometimes we have shared a concern, question, or piece of information with one staff member, thinking (and being assured )it would reach other concerned staff, only to find out later that it was not. This has happened with phone and face to face messages alike, and often after several repetitions. None of the messages were life-or-death urgent , and we know it's a large community with a large staff, receiving countless calls & messages; so we're not looking for heads to roll, or to make it a deal-breaker issue. But being able to communicate more effectively with staff , without losing messages in transit, would certainly increase our level of comfort and confidence that "one hand knows what the other hand's doing". If staff would agree themselves on the best who/when/where for us to leave messages, and let new families know, that would be helpful (we've often gotten as many different instructions as people we've asked). We still appreciate the excellent care our Mom receives, and will continue to recommend Waterford to others; we just would like to feel that our part in her care is respected and treated as important as well.

The Waterford - Less stress, more quality time with Mom

My Mom has dementia and we realized we needed to find her someplace safe and close to us rather than in her own home. And somewhere who accepted pets! No cat, no Mom. Sorry! After visiting several facilities, we decided on the Assisted Living at The Waterford and my Mom has been here for two months now. It is a little bit of an adjustment especially with the dementia but the staff have helped to make this a smooth transition. The staff and the other residents are so friendly that we felt so welcome from the very start. Mom has her own little apartment with her furnishings. The apartment size is excellent especially when she has been used to their own place and is an excellent value in comparison to other facilities. Mom is busy throughout the week with lots of activities from crafts, puzzles, games to speakers, music and movies. The staff makes sure to call on her to get her out of her apartment and mingling with the other residents. They handle all her needs from housekeeping, laundry, meals and medications. There is a nurse on staff 24/7 which is a comfort and communications with her doctor are taken care of by them now when there is a problem. It is such a joy now to visit (and more often since she is closer) as her daughter and not as her care taker. We have had so many wonderful quality visits to just talk and laugh about life. Looking forward to much more quality time with Mom and less stress for our families.

We found an Amazing Home for Our Mom!

Our mom has only been at the Waterford at Levis Commons for a short time, but I believe we have her in the best place possible. This facility is more like a beautiful hotel. The apartments for the residents are amazing. Everyone that we have met has been so friendly, kind and welcoming. It is so comforting to know that our mom is in such a wonderful and caring environment. Thank you, Waterford at Levis Commons. We would also like to thank Jane DiSalle at A Place for Mom, who connected us with such a fantastic place for our dear mom. THANK YOU!

We have been really happy with them, the staff has been great!

We have been really happy with them, the staff has been great! From what I have seen from other places they are pretty comparable in price. They were able to work with us really quickly and get us in over a holiday weekend. They have a private almost apartment like space. The food is really good, my wife likes to eat there. They will even bring the food up to their room if they aren't feeling up to going to the dining area. They are very accommodating.

He has the ability to be private but he is able to be social if he wants to.

There are a couple of caregivers that aren't as nice and some that are really nice. The food is good. The one thing is we would have liked a little more guidence in other services. We were given the name of the home health service they use, but we didn't even know what to ask and our idea of what they would do was not clear either. They are in a convenient location. He has the ability to be private but he is able to be social if he wants to. They will let out of town family rent an apartment when they visit. You have to pay for it but it's not very expensive.

Love it. Temporary hold on...

Love it. Temporary hold on a 2 bedroom. And this place has a kitchen, very nice facility, happy people all around.

Wonderful place

They're fabulous, the care I don't have much to compare it to, there have been some minor problems but any problem we have had they've addressed immedeatly, they were apologetic and fixed them as soon as possible. There's daily activities and they go and get her for those activities. I liked the feel of it, I liked the cleanliness, I liked that it's a personally based on her needs; they weren't going to provide anything that she can do herself until she starts needing the help. She get's one on one check ins, but she has dementia and she gets lonely so she wants someone with her all the time and we had to hire someone else to come in and do that.
This place is wonderful, it's like a resort and after we saw it we didn't want to look anywhere else.

Extremely happy with our choice

We have been very happy with Waterford at Levis Commons. The Staff has been very cooperative, gentle and kind to my Mother. She did not transition well into assisted living. She has resisted the move, but it was necessary for her now need for more constant care. The Staff has been extremely caring and understands her need for time to adjust. We feel she has been treated like "family" from the first moment she arrived. Her "apartment" is warm and welcoming, the meals are extraordinary, and we are thankful she receives therapy and is taken to the many activities. We are blessed to have found Waterford at Levis Commons through A Place for Mom!

New food service

It seems like they just had a change in food service provider because the residents have been complaining about the food. There is residents that have been here 3 years with no complains but are complaining about the food. There just doesn't seem to be the right variety and types of food the residents want or were used to. Other then the food everything else is just perfect. The community is very good. A Place for Mom recommended it and 4 other communities to look at but after the visit it just seemed like Waterford was the best overall fit for our loved one.

Wonderful place.

Wonderful place.

Our favorite so far for the style of ...

Our favorite so far for the style of the aprtments and location.

Pros: Beautiful hotel"esque" faci...

Pros: Beautiful hotel"esque" facility. Very warm and friendly staff. Knows and refers to residents by name. Ultra clean and well appointed common spaces with ample activities to partake in. Restaurant style dining area with menu and "special of the day" posted. Spacious walk in shower in apts. 3 Emergency pull cords in each apt. Mom would be well suited for Level 1 care in smaller apt. All inclusive with the exception of phone. Private pay. Con: Not Medicaid approved.

Interesting place...

Interesting place...

Very, very nice. Director was great. ...

Very, very nice. Director was great. Spent much time with me showing the place, explaining, and answering any questions that I had. I would definately recommend this place to anyone.

Very nice! Director was very informat...

Very nice! Director was very informative.

Embrace a bright future at The Waterford at Levis Commons, where desired amenities and convenient services provide residents the opportunity to live a vibrant lifestyle. Imagine an apartment home with no cooking, cleaning or maintenance — and friends next door. That’s what residents get at The Waterford with two restaurant-style meals served daily, weekly housekeeping and maintenance staff on site. Our one- and two-bedroom floor plans offer kitchens with full-sized appliances and a number of safety features for comfort and peace of mind. Our English-style pub with a fireplace is a hot spot along with the many other community features that keep our residents happy and engaged with each other. We also feature a full calendar of activities and social programs with various monthly speakers and performers to educate and entertain our residents on a regular basis. Our caring and professional staff is on call 24 hours a day, with St. Luke’s Hospital and a number of national and local pharmacies all within a short drive away. Our convenient location also affords residents a plethora of shopping, dining and recreational options all in close proximity to The Waterford.