Aspen Grove - Lambertville, MI

Was impressed with the facility.

Husband is In Good Hands

So far everything is working out pretty well for my husband with his move to this community. I do feel he is in good hands at this community. They have a great staff, and they have been very kind and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community everything is nice, and well-kept when I visit. They do serve well balanced meals overall. It has been a pretty nice experience, and I would recommend this community.

Extremely knowledgeable staff who also provided other resources/options outside of their facility. Thought that was pretty great. Don't like that the rooms are all studio apartments. Would prefer bedroom separate. Cost more than we expected or can afford.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints about the care that my mother has been receiving so far at this community. They have been kind to her and made sure to provide her with great quality of care. She has had no complaints about the food and has enjoyed participating in activities from time to time with other residents.

Still adapting to changes

My mother move here about a month ago and we are still adjusting to assisted living.My mother has not been on medication for 2 years.She was seeing a primary doctor and since we have switched her to the doctor at the community they want to put her on medication and I do not agree with that. They could also improve their communication. I'll tell one nurse something and they will be in agreement with me but will not inform the next shift coming in and the issue will continue. I don't like a lot of people being in my mom's room and they seem to have people coming in all the time.I was told that they are required to change her sheets and empty her trash every shift. I don't believe this is necessary for someone who has family that visits as often as I do. My mother is also very independent and can clean her own sheets.They came in at 7:30 in the morning to check her blood sugar and she hadn't fully waken up, gotten showered or dressed.I understand they have to test before she eats but they could have been more considerate. My mother has finally started locking her door so they can't come in all the time. Anything that goes on with my mother medically I want to be there. I asked if they could order me a meter so I can monitor her blood sugar myself. It sat on her fridge for 5 days and I didn't know it was there. I've also had issues with the price changing. They added an additional $450 dollars for my mother's "level of care", her care hasn't changed since moving in a month ago.They could improve the food also. Sometimes for breakfast they offer things like waffles and they ask my mother is she wants them she'll say yes then she won't eat them. I've told them to listen to me and just give her cornflakes because I know she will eat them. I will say other than those issues the place is nice. Everyone loves my mother she's always dancing.

Not very friendly

Not a very respectful place. My loved one received good care but the adies seemed overworked. The food looked terrible and everytime I came in the management wasn't very friendly.

Staff is always involved !!

The staff is always making sure that my mother is staying busy and not just in her room all day. They have lots of activities planned for them throughout the week and motivate them to interact with other residents. I have no complaints and would highly recommend this community.

A nice community!

My brother looked at this community and the staff he met were nice. The community was clean. They offer a variety of activities. He had nothing bad to say but he just did not think this was the right fit for our mom.

Good Community!!

Based on my quick tour that i took it was a good community. The tour guide was smart and answered my questions. I was given all the proper information needed for the community. Activities are offered along with a beautician on site if needed. Overall my tour went okay and the community was clean when i was there.

Peace of Mind

Great overall care and attention to detail for residents and friendly respectful communication with family members. Seemed a bit pricey but worth the "peace of mind" while our family member was there. However the population is (not surprisingly) older with most residents ages between 70-90. So we are moving our own 66 yo family member recovering from a severe stroke to a retirement community with more younger residents.

I think it's very good. It's clean, I like it very much.

I think it's very good. It's clean, I like it very much. They could use more staffing. They have some activities, but they could use some more variety in it, arts and crafts more often. She doesn't complain about the food. We chose it based on location, and how clean and friendly the staff was. I really like it because I think they really care about the people.

Review of Aspen Grove - Lambertville, MI

Very impressed with the facility. Lisa was very helpful she seemed very interested in our situation and how she could help. Facility is certainly on our list for consideration

It could be better but I think it's getting there.

Aspen Grove has been good for the most part. I think they falsely advertised their dining services since everything is not home made as they make it seem but the food is okay. Mom is still trying to adjust but the other residents seem to be very happy there. i think they may have a shortage of staff but I know Mom is in good hands.

PICTURES DON'T TELL ALL

FOOD IS NOT THE SAME QUALITY AS WEBSITE AND BROCHURE. A LOT OF SANDWICHES AND FAST FOOD TYPE MEALS. ONLY BEEN A RESIDENT FOR 2 WEEKS, SO WILL NEED TO RE-EVALUATE RATING OF FOOD IN A FEW WEEKS.

It's a Great Match for My Mom

Out of the 4 or 5 places properties we visited, this has been a great match for my mom. Costs for care are a sore spot for many familes nowadays, and it's expensive, but the staff has been conscious about how the cost affects us. I highly recommend them.

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

A Fine Facility

I thought that the particular nurse assigned to my mother's case was not well enough trained to take care of geriatric patients, which my mother was. Other than that everything was fine, we just didn't have a nurse that could care for her in the right way.

Couldn't be happier with care from Aspen Grove staff

My mom moved in January 2015, due to advancing dementia and unable to live at home by herself. She moved from the assisted living unit to the memory care unit after 2+ months because the staff believed there would be more hands-on activities for her (and more oversight by staff).

The staff has been outstanding and it's clear they really care about the residents. My mom had to go to the hospital a couple times (through no fault of Aspen). The nursing staff was active in calling me directly to alert me of what was happening and suggest a trip to the hospital, as well as some calling me after she was admitted to check up on her.