Vibrant Life Senior Living, Temperance - Temperance, MI

It's improved greatly in the last 12 months.

My experience at Vibrant Life has been very positive.
I must disclose I have been involved as a vendor. I think they have really improved a great deal in the last 12 months.
They have a new executive director and that has made a huge difference. They also have a new memory care director who is very professional. In the memory care they really show compassion.
What I like most about Vibrant Life is how personable the staff is and how caring they are. They truly care about each person who lives there. And they are the only assisted living I know that has activities seven days a week. I would put my Mom there if she needed a place. And, it's affordable.

Clean, home feel

I toured Vibrant Life to make a plan for my mom, should she ever need assisted living instead of her apartment. The building was clean and home-y and smelled nice, and the people who lived there looked like they were having fun with an exercise. Their staff also seemed to be very friendly. I'm hoping to move my mom to Vibrant if she ever needs more than her apartment!

Vibrant is just not the facilities but the care giving staff!

I am the POA for my Aunt. A month ago I was faced with finding a facility for her. I spent 4 days in touring facilities all around the southern Michigan area. Many facilities had a fantastic and "rich" look / environment. But the overwhelming decision making was the Vibrant Care staff. From the minute that I walk through the front door and meeting everyone along with observing, the commitment to care for my 86 year old aunt is unbelievable. To make sure that this fantastic quality of care is consistent, I waited a month to complete this survey. I can not say enough! I can not say enough. If my aunt was able to have made this decision I am sure she would have also selected Vibrant.

We are grateful for Vibrant Life Senior Living, Temperance

.Sometimes you wonder why certain people come into your life, in this case it was to care for our loved one. Each and every day one of you have given of yourselves to make our loved ones life a little easier, even if they couldn't acknowledge you. We know how much they loved the attention and affection you showed by the big smiles on their face. They loved the kisses, the hugs, the tickles, the dancing, and just seeing all your beautiful faces. We brought a member of our family to you to take care of, and in return we ended up caring about all of you as our family. We are truly grateful and feel blessed to have met each and everyone of you. All of you will always own a little piece of our hearts.
"a family at Vibrant Life Senior living

Bad Experience!!

My mother was at Vibrant Life Senior Living, Temperance for a short time. The communication was not good she had a stroke and they didn't notify me right away. They did take her to the hospital. As of the moment my mother has not gone back and i haven't been having good communication trying to get an answer from them. Another thing i don't like is that they don't have private bathrooms. I liked that the staff was friendly and the community is kept clean.

OVER PRICED, OVER RATED, OVER HYPED, DIRTY, SMELLY!!!

The Kinsey Family need to quit "hyping" this place up with their over extensive ratings and extensive ratings in general. It really is not all that by any means. Went to visit a friend, and the place smelled like a litter box and a barn. My friend complained that the staff is very rude. They also said that their clothing comes up missing, even with their name on it. Their family is planning on moving them elsewhere very soon!!

A special place

We couldn't have asked for better care than my Mother-in-law received. Her caregivers went above and beyond. The atmosphere was cheerful and friendly. They had lots of activities,and planned musical entertainment, which the residents seemed to enjoy. The meals were also very good a bit bland but, you must remember most residents are on special diets.
We would highly recommend Vibrant Life for the care of a loved one.

dealing with a bully

Remaining anonymous due to fear of my mother in law being treated unfairly.
The nurse on staff at this location is very rude. She doesn't meet the demands asked of her and I've watched on many occasions her yelling at the staff and threatening their jobs. I feel so bad for those girls, I feel the need to speak up where they can't.
I've voiced my concerns but my calls are not returned from the executive director, who seems to turn a blind eye to most of the care staffs concerns. I'm seeking help from the Better Business Bureau in this matter. This is the only way I feel as if I can help the defenseless girls that work long shifts and are met with hostility and belittlement. They really do a great job when it comes to the care of my mother in law.I'm keeping a log and dates with other family members of such behavior. I'm proud of the girls who put a smile on day after day when met by the negativity subjected by their own management team. Protecting a bully in NOT a strategy for protecting an institution. Professionals should be smart enough to know that bullies create potential liability and should be focused on confirming bad behavior and getting it to stop, which is not the case in this situation. It's sad that the workers here have to deal with such undermining behavior. As a person who works for a Human Resource agency, the management team here needs to come together to make this place a decent place to come into. I've always been a supporter of the under dogs and this place definitely lacks leadership.

Over worked under appreciated employees

My great grandmother is an senior living here and I'm very happy with the second shifts girls and supervisors that goes above and beyond for my great grandmother however she does not like the care and attention lack thereof from the nurse coordinator and morning staff she says their very rude and always gossips about other staff around others, the nurse coordinator doesn't care about what the residents have to say and doesn't take out the time to make sure their taken care of, the place has bugs in their lighting and in a few in the bathrooms, the place smells really bad when you enter although there are air fresheners around you can still smell poop in the air no matter what, I WOULDNT recommend bring your loved ones here unless you have no no no other option, they don't treat their staff fairly and have a few working so much my great grandmother thinking they live there, you can tell they are short staffed and continue to overwork their employees, I'll give this place 3 stars only because their second shift Sterns lodge employees are great! Everyone else it's much to be said.

TERRIBLE Care!!

I would not recommend this dementia center to anyone. Paid for 30 days [removed], and removed mom after one week. Two of my four visits, I found her sitting in feces and urine. Her $400.00 eye glasses are lost. The leg brace that NEEDS to be worn whenever she walks was not put on properly. (I did show them how to properly put it on.) They put it on wrong [removed].
Lost clothing-even though it was labeled. People sleeping in her private out of pocket room. Short on help, working 16 hours shifts at times. They make it sound like your love one will be taken care of but please beware. The few caring, compassionate workers they do employ are out numbered by the workers who don't care. Once you pay no one cares to take care of your worries. No reimbursement for money spent. Only a "sorry". Did I mention, this was respite care? I needed a break after over 2 years of caring for her. I certainly did not get it. Checking on her and not sleeping after seeing how she was being cared(?) for was no rest for me. Good luck if you choose this place.

excellent!

I have been working with Tina at Vibrant Life Senior Living, Temperance and she has been excellent! We have already placed my 87 year old brother in law there and they are helping us bring my 86 year old sister in there with her husband. They have just been excellent. They communicate very well with the family to keep us up to date on how things are going. They have been very helpful, and not at all pushy.

Great place for your loved one.

We did alot of research before we found Vibrant Life for my Mother-in-law. The staff is excellant. When she first went there she was not in good shape but after a couple of weeks she started thriving. They work closely with the family to give her the best care possible. We couldn't be more pleased and at ease.

Vibrant Life Senior Living is a privately owned and operated assisted living and memory care community located in Temperance, Michigan just 1 mile north of Toledo, Ohio.

It is our goal at Vibrant Life to provide outstanding care services to our residents and, in doing so, contribute to the maintenance of their independence.

Our community consists of 3 buildings we refer to as our Lodges. All three buildings are licensed by the State of Michigan and we are proud to announce that we have been citation free for 3 years thanks to our fantastic staff.

The Garden Lodge is our secure memory care building, focusing on Alzheimer's and dementia care. It is located at 7340 Jackman Rd. It is a single level 20 bed building consisting of private, semi-private and deluxe rooms. It requires a key code for entry to and exit from the building at all times. The residents in this building need to be ambulatory.

The Jackman Lodge is on this same property and is a single level building with 20 private rooms and is our adult, semi-independent care building. These individuals require minimal assistance with the basic activities of daily living. This building offers a comfortable common area where our residents can join together and participate activities and watch TV. The dining area is bright and welcoming. We also have a fenced patio where, in warmer weather, they also can dine and enjoy activities and just gather with other residents or family members.

The Sterns Lodge is located at 667 W. Sterns Rd. just a mile from our Jackman buildings. This building is also a one level building with 46 rooms. It consists of private, semi-private and deluxe rooms. It sits on 5 acres of wooded land with a beautiful country like view. This building can provide more advanced physical care for your loved one with up to two person assists with the basic activities of daily living.

Vibrant Life Senior Living is very reasonably priced and includes fully furnished rooms, three delicious meals & snacks daily, assistance with showering, dressing, and toileting, medication dispensing, laundry and light housekeeping in their rooms.

We have a wonderful, very active enrichment director that encourages, but never pushes your loved one to engage in daily activities that are appropriate for there level.

If you are looking for Day Care, Respite for a week or two, permanent placement or help with Veteran benefits, Vibrant Life can help.

We too here at Vibrant Life have loved ones and know what it means to want your loved one to feel safe, secure, loved and cared for as if they were in their own home or with you. We realize that that is not always possible and that it is a difficult decision and one that requires a lot of thought and planning. We want you to know that those things are our main goal and we take them very seriously. We are here to help you with that transition. We want our families to rest assure that when they lay their heads down at night they know that their loved ones are doing the same in a safe, secure environment.