The Glendale Assisted Living - Toledo, OH

Staff is respectful and accommodating

When you first walk into this facility, they have signs set up welcoming new residents. The building is very clean and the staff is wonderful. They are very accommodating and they keep track of my In-Law‘s very well. While I was visiting, my Mother-In-Law actually tried to skip breakfast and the staff saw this and had her come back to the dining room to eat. When it comes to activities, they have a special area for them and they have a board with things that they’re doing that day. Everyone here is very respectful and I would recommend this community to other families.

Offered Quite A Bit Of Acitivites

This community was very good we liked it a lot. The staff was friendly and nice they looked and acted very professional. The residents that we saw seemed to be happy and comfortable there. I had taken a look at the activities calendar and they offer a lot, however, most of them were towards the residents that were mobile I just felt that my aunt is in a wheelchair would have limited her to what she would be able to do.

They did what they could!

My loved one is no longer at Ther Glendale, but while she was there they were good to her. The place was very nice and everyone there did what they could to take care of her. I would recommend this community to anyone looking for assisted living.

They need more help over night. Everyone is very nice and friendly.

Care for family

We toured this community for care for family. We liked the community but it did not have the feeling that we were looking for. It is clean and and the staff members are very caring. They had a nice variety of meals and activities that would be offered. It needs a more comfy effect for enjoyment. Families need to tour this community for the care of a loved one

My Sister

My sister moved in The Glendale around June 14. Prior to that she was in respite care. (what a great concept to have to help care givers). There are three siblings left so we take turns stopping in from time to time. She also has a son and daughter-in-law and some grandchildren in the area. What I have noticed is a tremendous change in her. She is getting stronger, talking better, and seems to be in a better frame of mind. All members of the staff that I have encountered are really very pleasant and helpful.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. The Glendale seemed like a nice place, I've heard good things about it and from what I saw during my tour the residents are active and friendly. However, the facility itself is on the older side. I didn't think it would be the best fit for my loved one, but it seemed like it would be a good place for someone looking for a more social environment.

Very nice looking place!

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was very impressed by what I saw here, it is a very nice place! It was high on our list during the touring process, and was our second choice overall. The staff we met all seemed friendly, and the facility was attractive and well kept.

Things are going well, and they are doing a pretty good job.

Things are going well, and they are doing a pretty good job. The only thing I would like to see changed or maybe done a little differently, is the monitoring of the meals. They kind of check and make sure that they show up to one meal, if they don't come to breakfast and lunch, they will check to make sure they are okay, and make it to dinner, but I would like to see them check for breakfast and lunch as well. Maybe even bring a tray up if they missed it.

Mom is Happy

I was looking at other facilities for my mother with dementia. The Glendale was recommended by the area Ombudsman because staff AND residents were happy there, and turnover is low. While about 80% of the residents have dementia, they are not specifically a dementia facility, which gives a nice diversity to their residents.

My mother has been there a few months now and is extremely happy. She has made friends there and they have a very impressive activities director. Since her arrival, she's been in a parade and visited a butterfly house, a national guard fighter base, the Glass Museum, and the list goes on. She feels more independent again, and after multiple drop-ins, I know she is safe and getting the assistance she needs.

Great community

Very nice community and staff is attentive. They have many activities for the residents to do. If there is any issue, then the staff works to correct it very quickly.

Very friendly staff

We looked into this community for a loved one, and we were very impressed by The Glendale! Unfortunately our loved one was never able to move in, but they are definitely worth a look if your family is looking into care options in the area. The staff were all very nice and easy to work with, and always got right back to us with answers to any questions we had.

The Glendale - 5 Star Review

We had arranged for our mom to move to The Glendale once she was released from rehab. Unfortunately, after being assessed by The Glendale, our mom had more medical issues and they were not able to take her because she now needs more care than when first assessed (she is now a two-person assist). The people at The Glendale were so kind and understanding. We were very impressed with both the people and the facility. Also, the mother-in-law of a close friend has since moved into The Glendale and she continues to be VERY pleased there.

Ms wortketter is a very gra...

Ms wortketter is a very gracious and friendly hostess, but we found the facility to be too bland in overall appeal for bro Ray's tastes and needs.

Not for everyone

This probably isn't a fair review. My sister only lasted there three days. She was so depressed and didn't fit in that a close family friend offered to take her in, with the help of hospice. She had just survived a hospice center and we were trying to keep her improving. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, but the other residents were too depressing. She was so much more advanced than the other residents were that we were afraid she would regress. Unfortunately, my first impression of this place was correct: depressing.

My mother has been at the Glendale si...

My mother has been at the Glendale since February. This is not what my mother wanted but we needed her to be safe. I am finding my mother as getting good care and have spoken to other residents who also feel they have good care.

Very nice community

We've very happy with how things have gone here, I'd give them 5s across the board! The staff have all been very friendly, and the care and activities they provide have been great. The facility itself is nice looking, and clean.

Way too depressing. Studio...

Way too depressing. Studio Apt $3100. No kitchen. $500 initial fee.

When you walk in you immediately walk...

When you walk in you immediately walk into their living space where they hang out and watch tv and the room was literally filled with peopel. Then there's this octagonal room and off of that there were 4 seperate wing, the set up was very confusing. I would see how people there would get confused as to where their room was.
They had some staff there that appeared very questionable. Some had no teeth, they were unkempt, no friendly smiles and there was an older. They told me it would be much nicer about they did renovations, but the staff is very important to me

Residents happy to be here

They are a very affordable community. I liked what I saw when I toured it. The staff’s interaction with the residents was great and it seemed like the residents were actually happy to be here. They are a smaller community so it really has a more home like feeling. It feels like they can provide more personal type care then the bigger communities. I would recommend this community.

NOT THAT I WANT THEM TO RAISE THIER P...

NOT THAT I WANT THEM TO RAISE THIER PRICE BUT THEY COULD AND WOULDN'T THAT SAYS A LOT

Director was great the place was clea...

Director was great the place was clean lots to do there the rooms are nice and seemed to be a place Mom might thrive with interaction of caregivers and others.

We absolutely LOVED THIS PLACE!!!

We absolutely LOVED THIS PLACE!!!

The Glendale is a gracious senior community designed especially for elder residents who may no longer be able or desire to live totally independently. Our facility is dedicated to the comfort of active seniors who want to maintain their own person lifestyles, but occasionally may require a helping hand.

At the Glendale, the commitment is first and foremost to a comfortable and relaxed way of life. Our residents can do as much or as little as they wish.

We are located in Toledo, OH close to shopping, theaters, and houses of worship.

Although The Glendale offers permanent residency, we also offer:

Respite Care

Fully furnished apartments available for short term stays, such as overnight, the weekend, a month(s). Includes all the services of permanent residency.

Adult Day Care

Individuals can spend the day with us for caregivers that work or need the day to themselves and don't want to worry about leaving their loved one at home. Day Care hours run from 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., seven days a week.