Brookdale Browns Creek - Maryville, TN

It was a beautiful facility. Nice size studio room. 24 hour security.

Not The One For Us, But Tour Went Well

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was kind. The community was nice, and clean from what I saw. The staff was helpful, and answered my questions. Unfortunately it was not the one for my father, but my tour went well of this facility.

Very nice facility and wonderful staff. Clean, bright, pretty, and nice rooms but a little smaller than we wanted. Easy to find this community with views of the mountains.

Wonderful Experience

This place is great I would highly recommend it to anyone that asks. Unfortunately, due to my wife's mental state, she was only there 2 weeks and due to her complaining, I felt it was better for me to take her home. It was nothing that the staff or the community did it was just that my wife would call me extremely upset that she had not received her medication, however, I know that the nurses would have given it to her but I would call the nursing station and have someone go in and calm her down and assure her she did get her medicine.
The food was good again she would complain but that would be because of her altered state of mind.
After my wife had been home for a day or so she completely changed her opinion and said that her stay here wasn't as bad as she thought it had been and if I had known that then I would have left her there.

A new place

I liked the tour from this community. The staff was able to answer the questions we have on the care that is given. The variety of meals were appealing. They had activities that are offered for participate. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

My tour

I was not impressed with this community. The place felt artificial. The person that took us on tour was nice and knowledgable. The community was more expensive and the staff did not seem as friendly as the staff at the community we chose.

Very sweet!

I thought everyone at the Brookdale Browns Creek was very nice, but the place could use an update! I think it would have bothered my mom coming from her home. The rooms were a nice size, and with a few upgrades, it could be a very nice place!

My Visit To The Community

This community looked clean when I visited. The people I met were nice and they did offer daily activities. I just did not feel like this community would work as well for mom as the community we chose.

Good Experience

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was kind and welcoming. The community looked nice and well-kept. The staff was friendly. Everything went well, and the experience was a good one.

Nice Community, They Were Helpful

This is a nice community, and it was one of my top picks. They were very nice and helpful. My tour of the community went very well. Everything looked nice and clean. The staff was friendly and kind. It was a place I was comfortable moving my father. Unfortunately they did not have any rooms available at the time.

Brookdale

I didn't like how they give you a price and I said it was more than I could afford, so they come down 500.00 then they turned around and said that since my mom had to have meds everyday that it would be 500.00 more. The place where I decided to take my mom gave me one price and it includes everything.

This place is a joke when it comes to caring.

My family has just moved our Mother out of this facility. When we first took her to Brookdale Alzheimer unit, it was a cleaner and more personalized facility with always two personnel for up to 18 residents; but after a change in management, the facility has gradually gone downhill. We had asked for new flooring in the small room Mother was in to no avail. The carpet was old and filthy. Due to lack of personnel (one person for 18 residents) we had major problems with male residents coming to her room and urinating on her bed, carpet, sitting undressed in her chair or in her bed, using her bathroom. Residents' hands were not washed before meals or after bathroom use. There were some good and caring caregivers but there was very little training of new caregivers as to how to communicate to and sanitation for the residents. The residents that can walk wander the halls all day trying to get out-nothing for occupy their time. The recreation room is a joke-it's a small room with a TV, small sofa, nothing to brighten it up or make it cheerful. I have seen one resident in particular who was in her final stages pushed into this room in a wheelchair left alone with no lights on in the room to stay most of the day. Truly a sad and lonely place to put your loved ones. The assisted living part in the front is kept presentable for the public; but when you go through the double doors to the Alzheimer's unit, the wreaking smell will turn your stomach. This place needs to be shut down or under different management. Management seems to be concerned mostly with how many charges they can add to the monthly bill. I have seen no indication of caring for the residents at all- very little interaction. What you are told on an initial visit is definitely not what you get in reality.

Brookdale Senior Living

We’re very glad you shared your concerns with us. We are committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident every day. Even though your mother is no longer is a resident in our community, we would truly like an opportunity to discuss this with you personally and hope you will call us at the community to discuss further.

Very small family atmosphere. Pretty rooms for residents along with the public spaces. Activities looked inviting and the dining options seemed good. This one is in the running when I show it to Mom.

The Staff Is Very Good

It is a bit pricey and if you have a set income that might be a problem otherwise it is a very fine place.

Major billing problems, nice facility, good care, not enough activities

They aren't very organized. They have messed up the bills alot.

I like the majority of the people there; they are very nice. The facility is very nice. They have alot of activities, I don't think there are enough of them.

My mother has gotten great care; that's not an issue.

They have an occasional music act come in, and bingo,
They might have a movie. It just isn't enough to keep folks involved; not a whole lot for people to do during the day.

The location is great; about twenty minutes from my house.

Very Friendly!

My dad has been there for 2 days. I would give them a 5+ for friendliness if I could. We chose them because the have the memory care and my dad has Alzheimers so we know he'll be needing that. Sandra Williams at the Wellington has just been awesome and it's in the center of the three kids so it felt like a perfect fit.

They have exercise, singing, lunch bunches. They have therapy but my dad is not needing it just yet, or maybe ever. We can come and go as we please and friends can come and pick him up.

Visited, was very impressed...

Visited, was very impressed. Will probably use when the time comes that home care is not enough.

When she is ready to move, this will ...

When she is ready to move, this will be the place.

Wellington Place of Maryville provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Wellington Place of Maryville we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. __[Community Name]___ provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietician, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.