Watercrest at Dominion - San Antonio, TX

The Isle At WaterCrest - Dominion

It’s been a month since moving my father into the Isle at WaterCrest Assisted Living at Dominion. The experience with their executive management so far, is losing all integrity. I’m hoping this will change. The care staff is wonderful to my father. However, management needs improving in their promises to families. In addition, I truly believe if you treat your caregiver staff right - they’ll stay in the jobs they love, caring for their patients - our loved ones. But, it must start with management treating all staff, residents and their families with respect. Simple suggestions and common sense are ignored for the sake of the bottom line. I know it’s a business to make money, but sometimes a simple gesture makes all the difference in someone’s life.

Allison Vanderford

“The Isle at Watercrest Dominion appreciates you taking the time to leave a review. We value your compliments regarding our care staff, but would really like to learn more regarding your overall experience. It seems you might have further questions and through partnering with our residents and their families, we can address concerns in a collaborative fashion more expeditiously . Our goal is that every experience in our community is a pleasant one and we want you to be better than satisfied. You can contact me directly: Wyndee Wendland, Executive Director. Thank you for your time.”

Price is right but not an option for my Mom since she will need some services i.e., transportation, medication management, etc.

Beautiful brand new apartments with great amenities including a heated pool open year round.

very nice

Home at Watercrest

We were looking for a place that has progressive care. We found this at Watercrest. It is a beautiful, homey facility with caring Staff. It is exceptionally clean, with varied activities and a chef that prepares wholesome, tasty meals.

It is new, opened in March, 2017. As they gain residents, even more amenities will be added. Transportation to Dr. appointments, local banks, pharmacies, and grocery stores is provided along with social outings.

We were fortunate to find this facility. Couldn't be happier.

Nice place to call home

Very nice place and everything brand new. Overall, so far so good. The location is not very full so it seems a bit quiet, but it is filling up and the first residents are very nice and friendly.

I love it here!

I am very happy with my experience with this community so far. The food has been very good and I love the activities they have. I go to exercise programs. I get on the treadmill and other machines. I recently switched garages and they had the new key ready for me right away. The maintenance is wonderful, if anything goes wrong, they are up in the apartment fixing it right away. I highly recommend them.

She really likes it!

My loved one is very active and she is enjoying being at the Watercrest at Dominion. They have a large variety of activities that she partakes in. She cooks her own meals in her apartment. We would recommend this community to anyone looking into it.

Good Tour, But to New of a Community for Us

We had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went very well. It is a pretty brand new facility, so everything looked great. There wasn't much staffing yet, and that concerned me. I wanted my mother in more developed community, with a seasoned staff. Lovely community, but not the one for us.

Top notch facility with nice upgrades. I like the variety of meal options allowing for a more customized living. I didn't like that electric bill was not included. The quote was that electric bill runs around $40 but I am guessing it will be more like $100 or $110 in the summer. I would like it better if the facility was more honest about that expectation. Appointments were very nice. Location was way out for what I am looking for. I would like something closer to town. I did like that it was a new community and if mom moved in she would not feel like an outsider. But not sure it is a fit for us.

New building!

We toured this community when looking for my father it was brand new and very impressive. The reason we didn't chose it because they didn't offer transportation and My father cannot drive.

Brand new place!!

My mother is still adjusting to the Watercrest. It is a brand new place, they only have about 27 residents so far. I like the price because they give you the option of the meals, you don't have to pay for 3 meals a day like in other places. My mother doesn't eat that much. They have either breakfast or lunch for $15 each. My mother thinks that is way too much money, she's had one meal and liked it but doesn't feel it was worth the price. We are hoping that with time, as more residents move in and things start to progress, things will change. But the community has been good to her so far.

Wonderful Property

This is a beautiful property. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. So much so, that I've moved in! It is the best thing that I have done for myself!!!

Nice Tour!

The community at the Watercrest at Dominion is a new community. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and knowledgeable. They did a great job addressing all of my concerns. We had a great experience at the Watercrest!

Experience the warmth, elegance, and opportunities that await you at Watercrest at Dominion, a brand new independent living retirement community located in North San Antonio. Watercrest is dedicated to a creating a friendly and hassle-free living environment where residents can enjoy all the benefits of a safe, luxurious, and active lifestyle. Watercrest is a truly unique place where you can live life on your terms, while knowing that there is no higher standard than the incredible services and amenities we offer. Built next to a man-made lake, this community is filled with gorgeous landscaping that can be admired by navigating the numerous walking paths. Residents are encouraged to participate in leisure activities, and Watercrest at Dominion provides a swimming pool, a modern fitness center, a movie theater, a library, a wine bar, and a coffee bistro to help with those endeavors. Chef-prepared meals served in a restaurant-style dining hall add the final touch to the facility's resort-style atmosphere. Call today to set up a time to visit with one of our friendly team members!