The Haven & The Laurels at Stone Oak - San Antonio, TX

I enjoyed my tour. Beautiful facility with lots of different themed areas for residents to relax. Looks very clean and well maintained. Not sure if residents are high functioning enough to appreciate the various concepts in each area but families and visitors will enjoy their visits.

The Haven is set up unlike any facility I have seen the colors are very Vivid there's lots of niches for the residence to wander into including a nursery and a pet store. this facility is in my top two. The price was reasonable a little bit more than we want to spend and the only thing I did not like about this place was there are no true walking paths there are only some small outdoor areas. they do have a bird, fish, and turtles though. However the residents cannot just wander into these areas . the areas are locked. Doesn't make any sense to me they should be able to wander into these areas at their Liberty

The Haven is set up unlike any facility I have seen the colors are very Vivid there's lots of niches for the residence to wander into including a nursery and a pet store this facility is in my top two. The price was reasonable a little bit more than we want to spend and the only thing I did not like about this place was there are no true walking paths there are only some small outdoor areas. they do have a bird, fish, and turtles though. However the residents cannot just wander into these areas the areas are locked. Doesn't make any sense to me they should be able to wander into these areas at their Liberty

Mom's New Home

Over the past five years, Mom has been in four other facilities before arriving at The Haven six months ago. Based on my family's experience with the other care centers, we are truly amazed with the professional difference that was so evident the minute we walked in the door. The place is a showcase of vivid color, musical sound tracks, movies, various activities and attention grabbing niches for the residents to enjoy and explore. The management staff is outstanding, nurses and care givers have become trusted close friends and the food is outstanding. Mom has finally found her home and our family couldn't be more happy.

This place is amazing. The residents look happy. The director knew all the residents by name. The community is designed to meet the needs of all who need memory care. 7 days a week of activities.

Not The Right Fit For Us, But Good Tour

My tour of this community went well. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The experience was a pleasant one. The staff I met was polite, and friendly. The community looked good, and clean. I wanted a more smaller community for my mother, and her needs. This is a nice community, but not the right fit for us.

My father's excellent Care

The care at this community is outstanding. We liket that they have been so helpful with him moving in. The meals are outstanding and he is happy with the meals. They help him be involved with alot of the activities that are available. We have been very happy with this community for the care and the value. We highly recommend this community for other familes

Good Experience

We narrowed it down to this community, and two other ones. Our tour of this community went well, and everyone was very kind. The community looked well-kept. Everything was nice, and clean. It was a good experience, but my mother decided to go with other community.

Very nice facility, especially the Haven (memory care), though was a little surprised by the community shower, "spa," no showers in the units for the residents in that building. However, memory care building set up and program looked quite good. The Laurels (assisted living) was also very nice. Some rooms were a bit oddly configured and not particularly roomy looking, but still very nice. They charge a monthly pet rent, unlike other places I've seen. A fair amount more expensive than some, but considering location, not surprised. For the memory care portion, probably definitely worth the extra cost compared to others, if in the budget.

My Mother Is Being Cared For Well Here

Everything is working out pretty well for my mother here at this community. She is doing well here, and I'am satisfied. This is a nice clean community, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. They have a great staff, they have been professional and very friendly. They have nice activities available for the residents. She is pleased with the meals. I would recommend this community because they are caring for her very well, and I know she is in good hands.

My Parents are In Good Hands!!

I would really like if the housekeeping could do a little more. It's a nice facility as far as the updating done to it. The staff are really friendly and attentive to the residents. My mother and father are both in the meal programs from the feedback I've heard from my mother about the food it's okay. The community also has more options on the meals if they don't like what is being served that day. I would recommend the community it's safe and has wonderful people in there.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I want to let you know that we are delighted that you and your parents have such nice observations about our attentive staff, our wonderful people, our friendliness and our dining choices. Plus, I am pleased that you said that you feel your parents are safe as that is a priority for us. Thank you for your positive comments. Call or come see me so we can chat about your housekeeping details. We want you to have a Five Star experience!

Grandma and Grandpa

Moved Grandmother and Grandfather in about 2 weeks ago. The facility is very clean and the staff seems very nice. Had a few issues with making sure all their care needs were met but I think that was from miscommunication and this being the first time I have had to deal with assisted living. Everything was taken car of once I spoke to staff. Would definitely recommend this community. I have talked to several residents who have been there for several years and they all enjoy The Laurels.

Review of The Haven & The Laurels in Stone Oak - San Antonio, TX

No rooms with an in-room shower so not an option for us

doing a great job with my dad

I love The Haven & The Laurels in Stone Oak. They are doing a great job with my dad. The staff there is exceptional. They really know about dealing with residents and the disease itself. They have been so great with my dad. Everything has been great. It is always clean and smells nice. It is comparable to all the other places as far as value. I was paying just as much at another facility but he is getting better care here. There is a nurse physiologist that oversees the medications. I am really happy with that. They have a lot going on as far as activities. They have animals that come in once a week and my dad loves animals. In the evenings there isn't as much to do, which really is understandable. Although if they could have some evening activities that would be nice. Overall I really like this facility.

Great suggestion, very close to my house. Coordinator and tour person were friendly. Interested in one bedroom (not alcove) in Independent Living Plus. [removed] Suite that she showed me smelled really bad.

Review for Senior Living

After visiting several senior living facilities preemptively in May, my sister and I took my mother in July, to tour two locations I was sure would meet her needs in services, quality and activities. She made her concerns known immediately on touring the first location. We then met Michelle Nichols-Garza, Sales Director for The Havens and The Laurels and were treated to an exceptional tour of The Laurels. My mother was extremely pleased with everything The Laurels had to offer. This move was initiated by my mother as she had lost her husband and friend of 18 years in May. She was lonely and having difficulties with all aspects of meal preparation, and the expenses in maintaining a home she had lived in for 56 years. We are all pleased with the move to The Laurels, and happy with the staff professionalism and caring nature.

It is as a good as any.

It is as good as any if not better. They do have a high turn over with the staff always being replaced but the ones still there are very good. The management needs some work but overall great. My husband lives in the memory care unit. They are very clean. The management is very considerate with peoples finances.

Five Star Reviews

We sincerely appreciate your nice review. We are delighted that you feel that our team is good, we have quite a number of people who have been with us for many years. We do have some associates that leave and we work very hard to bring in new team members with excellent skills and caring hearts. Our aim is to achieve a 5 Star review from you as we always want our families to be happy and satisfied. Just call or drop by so that we can have a conversations. Warm Regards, The Haven & The Laurels at Stone Oak.

Need improvement

I visited this facility 3 years ago and moved my mother in. It was fantastic! A few months ago, a friend and I looked at the facility for her mother and she was not impressed. Girl at front desk was very sweet. Administrator greeted us and tour guide was very informative and had a great personality but once we walked to the back units, staff was not friendly. Outdated furniture. Nursing home feel. No large activities for residents. Activity calendar is not too appealing. Activity director treated the patients like children. This place is not what it was. Save yourself the trip. She spoke with one of the family members as we were walking out and asked for their opinion. She said that the activity director is never around but is very sweet. She seems to have no experience.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. We welcome all feedback and appreciate your input. The team and I at the Haven & the Laurels in Stone Oak take great pride in the care we provide to our residents on a daily basis. I am truly sorry you did not have a wonderful experience when you toured our community. We provide not only frequent group activities on a daily basis, but also individual activities and interactions to ensure all of our residents needs are fulfilled. I would love to spend some time with you to not only tour our community again, but to completely address all of your concerns and give them the attention they deserve. The overall health of our residents is very important to the team and me. Again, thank you for your feedback. Peter Drew, Executive Director.

Toured this facility

We toured this facility for my mom and dad. Our tour guide was not very knowledgeable and she later admitted she had only been on the job a short time. We found the hallways and dining area very dark and dreary. The residents who were eating lunch were totally silent so it did not seem very inviting. They have large two bedroom facilities for assisted living, but otherwise there was not much positive about this place.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much for your feedback. Here at The Haven & The Laurels we pride ourselves on providing a warm and hospitable environment to our residents, so it is a serious concern for me when I read about a negative experience such as the one had while touring our community. If you are willing to do so, I would love to invite you back to address your concerns, go on another tour and have a complimentary meal in our dining room.

Wendy Jo Martin, Executive Director

Amazing staff!

The staff here are so kind, so friendly, and so willing to do anything that they can to help the residents and their families! I really felt like they went out of their way to help my loved one get settled in and situated in this new environment. I really can't say enough good things about them. We had a few more places we were going to look, but after seeing this one we knew it was the one.

I'm very pleased with it.

I'm very pleased with it. The only issue that I had at the begining, has gotten a little better because I know what to look for, and what questions to ask. Sometimes the right hand and left hand don't always know what they are doing, but they do catch up eventually. Communication from one shift to another sometimes isn't the best. They try very hard to get him involved, and are adding new activities that he might like. The activities director is open to anything and has been very helpful. Gayle is a phenomenal activities director! He's been complaining lately that there isn't much of a choice for meals. It would be nice if they could make it a little easier for families to pay for meals with the residents, either being able to pay onsite with cash instead of a check, or maybe if we could buy a card with 10 - 15 meals prepaid for that they could stamp or something. He does supply his own sheets and towels here. We chose this over others we saw because of the outside looks of it, and because the residents were very friendly and looked alive. They have a courtyard area in the back that is good for walking with benches every so often for resting, and is gated. It is also an independent living community, on the second floor if you can take care of your own meds and don't need assistance you can be there for about a thousand dollars less.

Many Pluses!

I really did like the facility . The staff and the rooms were nice. I think it had been redone. It was really close to my son which would have been very convenient. We went out there a couple of times to walk around and my son thought it was nice too. It's a two story assisted living and memory care. The assisted living was to the right and to the left was the memory care which was more of a lock down facility. It was a great place. I really liked it. It was really nice and clean and new and the staff was great. I was impressed with the facility, itself. It had a lot of pluses in taking dad to dialysis and stuff like that.

Great Communication and Care, Activities Could Improve

My only concern is they keep losing all their employees. They did have a price increase right after we got there but I would still give the value a 4 or 5 because compared to the last place, there is a lot of communication and my mom gets a lot of attention.

They have a calender of activities but we don't always see it being done but that had to do with them always losing their employees. Overall we've definitely been happy there. The thing that I find lacking is the structure of the activities. My children and my dad and I visit frequently. They are very open to us having family activities using the community room but I think for what the community has going on there is too much idle time. The last two activity directors didn't even stay.

I do really like that they call us all the time about my mom's care. They is great communication between the staff and the doctor and us. Everything is organized; they communicate and the follow through.

Noticed a smell in memory care

What we noticed was overall the personell was very friendly, it was a very decent place, but it looked like it was maybe 10 years old or more. The portion where they have memory care people, the Haven part I think it is, my sister and my niece noticed an odor emanating from the community bathroom so that was unappealing. The other problem was that it was located my farther than was convinient for my sister.

I think this was a very nic...

I think this was a very nice place. The Haven was set up beautifully for memory care. I like the short term respite care option. We will have to visit again because mom's husband doesn't seem to recall much about. For some reason he had in his mind that they didn't have memory care which isn't the case.

Absolutely beautiful!!

Absolutely beautiful!!

Very close to current location; recom...

Very close to current location; recommended to Mom; Assisted/Alzheimer's Care

Website link wasn't working. They did...

Website link wasn't working. They did not seem to know I was coming. They never showed me a respite room, but the two bedroom model they showed me was not very impressive. The furniture looked outdated and the unit had unexplained equipment. The lighting seemed dim. I liked the anytime dining, the rest of the facility is lovely. The residents I met in the hall were happy and loved living here. I need to go back another day as Mondays the clients go out of the building so there were not a lot of them. I also like that they have licensed nurses 24/7. Their wireless pendants are a great idea! Respite care $145 a day 3 day minimum.

Trying to decide between this propert...

Trying to decide between this property and Horizon Bay in San Marcos

Nestled in the heart of one of San Antonio's most desirable and beautiful areas, The Laurels in Stone offer relaxed resort-style assisted living.

The atmosphere is welcoming and gracious, including beautifully appointed rooms and amenities you'd come to expect from an exceptional senior living community. With a staff that attends to every need, plenty of activities, delicious meals and friendships to be made, you will find that this is the perfect place to call home.

The Laurels is proud to offer a wide array of exciting amenities that reflect each resident's individual lifestyle. Whether you are in the mood for entertaining, to be pampered, or share a relaxing afternoon with friends, we are happy to provide the perfect setting.This community supports intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social wellness with amenities such as an arts studio, a board and card game room, a modern fitness center, a well-stocked library, a garden, and a full service beauty salon. Residents can attend religious services, play golf, and enjoy restaurant-style dining all within the community or within a short walking distance. There is plenty of free time to take advantage of all this because staff members handle all housekeeping, laundry, and transportation.