New Forest Estates - San Antonio, TX

We believe it is the little things that are the secret to a retirement that is carefree and personally fulfilling: a warm and inviting community where every home is part of the neighborhood, a wide range of social, cultural and intellectual activities and a staff that believes there is nothing more than you.

Our Independent Retirement Living is ideal for seniors who desire an active lifestyle in a comfortable, convenient setting with opportunities for nurturing mind, body, heart and spirit. Enjoy spacious residential accommodations with a variety of floor plans; choose from a studio, one or two bedroom apartment homes. Take pleasure in gracious restaurant style dining, weekly housekeeping, planned social and cultural activities, scheduled transportation and much more.

At NewForest Estates, assisted living goes beyond simply providing assistance. With the support of 24 hour staff, and personalized service plans developed for individuals' needs, residents are able to maximize their independence and participate in activities that promote good health and well being.

Come tour our community, visit with our residents and experience senior living ease.

• Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Personal Laundry
  • Utilities
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Personalized care plans
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Free Wifi
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Rehabilitation
  • Free Assessment
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Attend church/worship services

Offers great amenities!!

My loved one seems to be enjoying the meals they are providing as well as the desserts. The staff have been really motivating to my sister on making sure she gets involved with the different activities throughout the day. I am also very pleased with how well her room and bathroom is kept clean.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and we are happy to hear that your sister is happy and enjoying herself here with us. We truly have a wonderful community and we are glad to have her here with us. You really made our day today.

We have been to NewForest a couple of times browsing for a sibling, but there was an immediate sense of welcome and warmth exhibited by all the staff and including the residents. The environment is so very personable, we felt like we wanted to just stick around and hang out with these people. Such an inviting and lovely community. We LOVE it and hope our sister decides to move there. We would love to visit as often as possible!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it and all your kind words! We have a unique community and we are extremely proud of our staff and residents. We thank you for your consideration and hope that she chooses us! You wont be disappointed if you do!

Great Tour!

We enjoyed the tour of the community New Forest Estates. The staff were very helpful and addressed all of our questions knowledgeably. The community was well maintained and clean throughout. The tour was a great experience!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

Friendly Staff!

The staff that offered the tour at New Forest Estates were very friendly and courteous. They were able to address all of my questions and concerns. The New Forest Estates is an older community but it is very well maintained. They do a good job of keeping nice and clean.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review. We are very proud of our community, staff and the level of care we provide! Our staff is amazing and cares for all our residents and their families. Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

You will enjoy

Great home for Mom and Dad. Staff is super. Dining is great. Wish they had found it earlier. Can't say it any better

PS. This is an unpaid endorsement. LOL

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Tony. (Your check is in the mail!) Just kidding, we really appreciate your kind words!

Mom was doing great at New forest!!!

Mom was at this community for a short time before we were able to bring her home. The staff are very caring. The food is delicious and they keep the community clean. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thanks for the feedback!! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

New Forest Estates is AWESOME!

New Forest Estates has been the perfect fit for my Mother In-law who first started out in an Apartment in the wonderful Independent Living Section. As My Mother In-law's mobility declined we realized we need more care.
The management at New Forest Estates made a huge effort to help us transition her to the Assisted Living Care Facility. We are very pleased with the care and attentiveness she is receiving in Assisted Living and most important My Mother In-law is very Happy at New Forest Estates!

Pacifica Senior Living

We completely agree with you! Thanks for the awesome review, Debbie C.. We strive to provide excellent care to our lovely residents at NewForest Estates.

Approximately 2-years ago my sister begin to have some medical issues which required that she relocate to an environment where she would have all of the comforts of home, but at the same time, her daily care and needs would be provided. Our entire family scheduled a meeting with Michael to discuss services and amenities provided by Newforest Estates and we are 100% satisfied with everything to include the friendliness of everyone at Newforest. I highly recommend Newforest to anyone in need of luxury and comfort for their family member.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your experience, we understand what a big decision this is and we are very proud that you chose us. We are a special type community and consider all our residents family. We all enjoy what we do and it shows through!

Our Mom moved to New Forest Estates over a year ago. The Staff is very friendly, compassionate, patient, and respectful, ensuring the residents feel at home. At times when my Mom is not feeling well and unable to attend the dining room facilities the Staff conducts follow-up visits with the residents confirming their well-being. Our family is very pleased with New Forest Estates and their Staff ensuring our Mom is in a safe and happy home. I highly recommend New Forest Estates! Thank you for all you do.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review, we appreciate it!

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things turned out with New Forest Estates, I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff is overwhelmingly helpful and professional! They've delivered on everything they promised before we moved in, I can't recommend them highly enough!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review. You made our day today!

Awesome for Mom

NewForest Estates is family. All staff are friendly and very helpful. My mom was in Independent Living for 3 years. Now at 87 years young she has been at Assited Living almost 4 years. This establishment is always clean. Food is wonderful. Maintenance done regularly. Nurses so Awesome! Office folks friendly and always helpful. My mom likes the food, activities, and therapy dogs brought in by various staff. I am Thankful for the NewForest Estates folks!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community, we appreciate it and agree with you. We ARE family! Thank you so much for all your kinds words! We are very appreciative.

A lot Of Support For Us

My wife and I am doing very well at this community, we have adjusted very well to it. The community is very well-kept. They come and clean very often, and they are redoing the front of the building to look better. The staff is great, they are very helpful and kind. There are many activities for us to choose. The food is bland at times, but they do serve a well balanced meal. My Ad visor Paul was great, he was amazing with all the help. I recommend this community.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thanks for leaving us this review. We greatly appreciate it!

Nice Place and Friendly

We were looking for a home for my Mom and Dad. Michael [last name removed] was such a delight. He showed us the apartment and explained all the amenities of the facility. He has a wonderful way of making you feel at ease and respected. He rccommended a mover who did an excellent job. Overall Mom and Dad are very happy The only area that nas room for improvement would be the dining room and the waitress service. The food is very good, but the dining room is a mess. No supervision and very disorganized.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and wanted to let you know that we are indeed working on the dining staff and protocol. We agree with you that the staff here is top notch. Randy, the Executive Director is amazing and so is Michael. He and the outstanding staff genuinely care for all our residents, and their families. Its no surprise that our community was among the top senior living communities in the nation and named "Caring Star of 2016" for Service Excellence in Independent and Assisted Living. We are so appreciative that you trusted our community and understand the magnitude of the decision to place your parents in our care. Also, did you know we have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Brenda does a fantastic job with the photos and activities.

I love assisted living

I live in assisted living and I really enjoy the personnel and the convenience of having their assistance, especially with my medication. The convenience of therapy and doctor home visits in my apartment are a great plus too.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Betty~ Thank you for your positive review. We are so happy that you are part of our family and we love seeing your smiling face every day! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you.

Honor and Obey Parents

We are all commanded to honor and obey our parents. This commandment is the first commandment in the bible with a promise so I know that it is a really important commandment and I have been looking forward to the opportunity to honor my mother by ensuring that she is well taken care of as she approaches her glorious years as a senior citizen.
New Forest Estates is a great place and an AWESOME resource for my mother to enjoy everyday living. When my mother and I were searching for a senior living community, we visited New Forest and instantly felt at home.
We didn't have to wait for anyone to assist us. Randy gave us a tour and again we felt at home. We were really impressed because Randy knew every resident by first and last name. After the tour, Randy and Michael sat down with us to get to know us. They found out that my mother loved chocolate ice cream and offered her a bowl.
When we left, we were impressed. When we got back home we couldn't stop thinking about our experience at New Forest. We loved our experience so much that we went back the next day because we were convinced that we found my mom's new home. She signed a lease and moved in and has been pleased every day. I have honored my mom by ensuring that she is enjoying every day life.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Aronette~ Thank you for your positive review! We are so happy that your mom is part of our NewForest Estates family!
We agree with you, Randy is an outstanding Executive Director and a fantastic leader. His staff and residents respect and admire his leadership and team building skills. Michael is also amazing and we are so glad to have them on our team~ They are a delight to work with and an inspiration to be around! We love it here at NewForest Estates!

BEWARE

DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONE HERE!!!! Put my parent there after being misled that this was a warm community that "cared" for its residents. I was specifically looking for a place that offered music at least a few times a month. I was told they had a dance every month and live music once a week. No dances and I can count on one hand how many times they have had music. They did not even have music for the holidays - my parent has been in a couple of senior places and they always had local school or church groups come in for holiday caroling. They are all about the $$$ and their activity director is a joke. I spoke to several residents who were also fed up and bored out of their minds with her and the lack of quality activities. They have been remodeling for nine months and still not finished. Doors from the outside are left open all day even when it's cold. A few times there have been stray cats lingering around the halls. The final straw was when they fired the home health company that was helping me with my parent on a Friday without telling me and had the new home health company call me on Saturday to find out if I was interested in their service. What if I had been out of town or not able to get back with them for awhile? Would my parent be left without care - no meds, no shower??? The only saving grace this place has is one staff member named Michael who has a real HEART for this (don't know why he's there) and a hairdresser named Alicia who is sweetheart. We finally made the decision to come out of pocket and move my parent into a more professional, caring environment in order to have more peace of mind.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your review.
We are incredibly proud of our community and the level of care that we provide.
We agree with you about Michael, and Alicia, both of them are fabulous people. Thank you for noticing and sharing.
We have a Facebook page that we updated weekly that shows many of the interesting and engaging activities we provide here for our residents. We have live music and dances once a month, parties and many more activities!
We are very sorry that our community did not meet your needs and hope that you find what you are looking for. Again, we are sorry to see your mother go and hope that she is very happy in her new residence.

HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I live in California and 8 years ago when my parents called me from San Antonio and said they were moving into a Senior Living Home, I was on the next plane! What a wonderful surprise to arrive at Pacific Senior Living and be greeted by the Director, Randy [removed] and his warm staff. I was hesitant in making sure that my parents would have the same lifestyle they were accustomed to .Quickly I checked on all the services and saw the joy on my parents faces!. I have been back many times since and everything is still as wonderful as it was. That brings me such piece of mind. THANKS PACIFICA!
You have made my heart alot lighter!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Jodie~ Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that you and your parents are happy here with us at NewForest Estates. We are very proud of our community and genuinely care for all of residents, and we feel that it shows. We spend quality time with them and make sure all our residents feel safe and secure here with us. We love what what we do and we are glad that you can feel it to! Thank you again Jodie!

Everything is good so far.

Everything is good so far. The staff is very attentive and very nice. And the facilities are comfortable and nice as well. The maintenance has been quick and I haven't had any issues.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review!

I love it here. The people are friendly, it's beautiful.

I love it here. The people are friendly, it's beautiful. I don't have any complaints at all. They have far exceeded my expectations. I am really pleased with it. I think they should get a five.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are pleased to hear that you are content and happy to be here with us.

Very nice place to reside.

I like the different events we have here and the interaction with everybody. The grounds are really nice. Love the swimming pool!!!

Hi,
Thank you for your positive review, we really appreciate it! We love to hear that you enjoy the pool and activities! Let us know if you would like to add any new activities, we are here to keep you happy, active and enjoying life!

Best in San Antonio

I have a family member at New Forest and could not be more pleased. The facility and grounds are well kept and clean, even with construction going on. The staff is not only friendly and helpful, but participate in the fun events they offer. The director, Randy, interacts with all the residents, including my mom, and seems to never forget a name. That is impressive for such a large property. It is so affordable that you might think you would have to sacrifice quality, but I have not found that to be true at all.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy with your decision. We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns.

Feeling Special

There is a good selection of activities to attend, I just wish I could attend more of them. My wife enjoys Wii bowling and she very good at it. I feel useful that Activity Director Brenda is always including me in special events. I love to do opening prayers for the special events provided for us. My wife and I are happy to be at NewForest Estates.

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you and your lovely wife enjoy all our activities and feel included and special. YOU BOTH ARE! We are so glad that you are a part of our family here. Brenda loved the compliments and says that she loves having you help her!

No cooking or driving

I attended an open house our at NewForest Estates, I was not ready to move in yet when my best friend of over thirty years informed me she was moving back to San Antonio. I informed her that I had the perfect place for her to move into. She loved her new apartment and the help. When I was ready I also moved in and I have been here one year. I love to eat my meals with my friend and I am glad that we do not have to drive anywhere to see each other. I am safe here and the best part is I do not have to cook! The staff is nice and helpful. There is transportation outings if I need to get anything.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Patricia~ We are so happy to have you here with us and appreciate you leaving the positive review!

Home Again

I was in the process of moving back to San Antonio when my friend Pat [removed] had just had a tour at NewForest Estates and told me it was the perfect place for me. The funny part was she was not ready to move in herself. I had a tour of the community and Pat my friend of over thirty years was correct! I love everything about my new home. I made the mistake of leaving it once and regretted it. I missed the good service and my apartment. It did not take me long to move back. My friend Pat has now moved in also. It's great having her here with me.

Content

I love everything about NewForest Estates. There is always something to do. Food is good. Activities are great. I love the Activity Director Brenda, she does a great job. I also love Randy [removed and Michael [removed]. All the staff is so helpful here. There is not one person in this community that I do not like. My daughter tried to get me to move out and move in with her, but I refused because I am happy and content here.

Better benefits

I love the new friends I have made here. I enjoy various activities provided, especially the music programs, eating out and the shopping outings. There is always something to do. NewForest provides better benefits, better service. I get a lot of value for my money at NewForest Estates

Hi Marlene!
Thank you for this great review! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying yourself here with us and making new friends! We agree that there is always something fun to do. Brenda does a great job as our activity director!

Love my apartment

I love living here. I am very content with my apartment. All of the staff is very helpful and that's what makes us happy here. I am happy and active here. I love the music socials, the party themes are great. It's just wonderful here.

Hi Lydia,
We love having you here and we are so glad that you like your apartment. We agree with you! The music socials are a lot of fun! We enjoy watching all the residents, and we are very glad that you are here. What is your favorite song?

Long Happy Life

I just had my 104th Birthday Celebration at Pacifica @ NewForest Estates. It was a wonderful party! I received over 104 birthday cards from friends, managers and staff. I was
overwhelmed with the party. I love living here! They are always checking on you to see if you are okay and if I need anything. Great service! I want to thank Brenda, Activities Director for the special work and detail she did for my birthday party. My friends are still talking about the event. I have lived here three and a half years now and I still continue to make new friends daily.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Bessie! We had such a wonderful time celebrating your birthday with you! You are beautiful inside and out and WE LOVE having you here with us! We love your smiling face, outgoing personality and your cheerful laugh. We love you Bessie!

Just gettting started

I have been here only three months, and I was welcomed with open arms by the residents at my new home. I already belong to a card group. I play every night with my new friends and the food is really good. I love the activity music socials.

Hi Shirley!
We are very grateful that you took the time to leave us a review! Thank you! We love having you here and enjoying watching you all have fun playing cards. We are happy that you enjoy the food, we agree, IT IS DELICIOUS! What is your favorite meal?

forever

well new forest means its a wonderful place to be. Staff are friendly, I like the fact that its full of friendly people. You have to be a friend to make friends. I have no complaint of any department of new forest. I would like to stay here until the day I move on & I'm 86 now. Its really a home to me, not just a place to stay.

Hi Elma,
We love to see reviews like yours! Thank you for writing it! We wanted to let you know that we think of you as our family as well and look forward to seeing your smiling face everyday!

Making friends

My daughter-in-law and two granddaughters visited two other communities and they all agree that Pacifica @ NewForest Estates was the right choice for me and it was! I have made so many new friends and the staff is very helpful. I feel safe here. There are a lot of activities to choose from. My favorite is exercises. I have lived at NewForest Estates three wonderful years and counting!

Hi Imogene,
Thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy and feel safe and cared for here. We appreciate the kind words and we look forward to many more happy years here with you! See you in exercise class!

new beginning

my kids toured here and felt new forest estates was the place for me. The food has been pretty good & tasteful. The other residents here are very helpful and friendly. My home is very quiet and it is comfortable to move around. The staff has been kind and friendly to me.

Hi Carol,
We are so glad that you are here with us and we appreciate your children trusting us to take good care of you. We hope that you enjoy the activities and feel comfortable and cared for. Please let us know if there is anything you need. We are here to take care of you and want you to feel loved, appreciated and welcome.

Happy and loved

My husband and I started out together at Independent living. When the time came and he needed more help he was moved to assisted living where he continue to receive excellent care. I have been Pacifica @ NewForest Estates for ten years. I enjoy my friends and the activity programs provided for us. I feel safe and happy here. Housekeeping does a great job with my apartment.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We do have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, thanks for noticing and sharing! We are so happy that you are here with us!

Easy living

Staff is always willing to help you out for taking you places. Food is okay. There's always activities to do. Staff is always nice.

Hi Terry,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to and value your opinion. We think the new chef is dynamite! Is there something that you would like added to the menu? Or somewhere specific you would like to go? We would love to hear your thoughts. Please let us know!

Coming Up on a Year

I was a little worried about moving into a retirement community at first. I have always been a very independent business woman but this was all new to me. The entire transition was made so simple thanks to my son Tom and Michael Rivera in marketing. My son was very thorough and Michael was very transparent and we couldn't have made a better decision. I have made many friends and I can always count on management to be there when I need them. I have been living here for almost 1 year so far. I was especially reluctant to move during the holidays but I couldn't have picked a better time due to all the activities that were going on in December.

Hi,
Thank you for your honest and positive review! We understand that this was a big decision and we are so very glad that you and your son chose us. We understand the transition process and try to make it as comfortable and welcoming as possible. We will be sure to tell Michael your kind words! We really enjoying have you here! Thank you again for your review!

Good Living!

Service is pretty good. I really enjoy steak night once a month!!! No complaints here.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy that you are content! We hope that you like the new furniture too! We think that it looks great!

Home

A place for Mom helped me move here and I love my apartment, 3 and a half years later I still love it. I think the staff are great and the 3 meals a day really sold me . All the extras we get are beautiful. I really feel this is my home.
I don't have any family here but I told Randy that if I needed to move in assisted living I would like to move here nowhere else.

Hi Annaliese,
Thank you for your positive review. We love having you here and think of you as family! We appreciate that you took the time to write us a review!

Staying

I like the property and how it is structured, the staff is very courteous and understanding I got here and decided to stay and now I have been here over 5 years. I've been threw 2 chefs and now the one we have is the best so far. I have no plans on leaving because New Forest has everything I need.

Hi Joyce,
Thank you for writing your positive review! We are so glad that you are happy here and enjoy the food! (We do too)! We will be sure to let the chef know that you think they are the best so far! What is your favorite meal?

NewForest Estates

We moved our mother into this community on January of this year after a tragedy at a different retirement community here in San Antonio. She has truly flourished since then and has made so many new friends. Every time I have gone to visit her, I notice management addressing her by name, kindly engaging her and making her laugh. NewForest Estates is a fun community that has genuinely embraced my mom. I hope to keep her there for many years to come.

Hi Diana,
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are grateful that you brought your mother here. We enjoy having her and hope that she feels loved and cared for~ because she is! We love having here and love to hear her laugh. She is such a beautiful and fun woman to have here in our family. Thank you again.

my home

As a resident, I am very happy here. The people are very approachable and ready to help and the staff make life easy for us and the meals are very great. Overall I would recommend residency here to any body and everybody. The staff is friendly and caring .

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review! We love hearing reviews like this and we are here to help you!

Loving Home...Away from Home....

I'm a current resident and former RN, I like the fact that staff cares about the welfare of the residents. I get a call everyday to check to see if I'm doing ok. I enjoy the meals a quite deal and the food is not overloaded with a lot of condiments, which helps with my diet. Staff is very attentive, courteous, and very friendly. I like that I can use New Forest transportation when my kids are unable to take me to my doctor's appointments. Also, taking advantage of activities that are offered is conducive to having great health and socialization. Parties are out of this world and brings the residents together for a good time. Entertainment is super marvelous. Tenants are friendly and have a high level of caliber. I can't praise New Forest Estates enough!!!

Hi Dee,
Thank you do much for your glowing review. It makes us feel so good that you know how much we care about all our residents and that you feel important and loved here. You are! We are so glad that you are a part of our family and we love seeing you enjoying yourself!

Friendly Community....Loved it!

My mom and I came by for a tour at this place. The people were really friendly and make you feel welcomed. We were offered lunch and something to drink while we were there. Lunch was good. They provide three meals a day. Throughout my visit, staff members introduced themselves to us and were very helpful. They have activities and provide transportation. This is a place that I would want my mom to live. However, we're still in the early stages of considering retirement living for my mom, but when my mother is ready to make the change this will be top choice. We looked at two other facilities, but we didn't experience the same friendliness and welcoming as New Forest Estates.

Hi Francisca,
Thank you for writing a positive review. We are very happy to hear that you all enjoyed your visit here. We hope that you keep us in mind and when it is time for your mother to make a change that you choose us. We would love to have your mother as part of our family and look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to stop by our Holiday party this year.

We like it. It's good so far.

We like it. It's good so far.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review!

A happy camper

I'v e been here 1 month and find all as I expected and better. They are remodeling and all lthe new tile looks great. The staff are all very friendly and the foo is great.

Hi Lil~
Thank you for your positive review! We are very happy to have you here with us! We have a friendly, loving and attentive staff and we genuinely care for all our residents! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the food and the remodel. We are anxious for it to be completed and excited to see the final renovations. We hope that you are enjoying the activities and making lots of new friends!

Nice facility

Nice facility

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review!

My visit went fine. I found a nice apt that 2as budget friendly. Now I need to find someone to help me get ready to move.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy and feel content with this huge decision. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

Nice place! Could use more activities on site

Overall we're pleased with how things are going at New Forest Estates. My loved one seems to enjoy herself here! It is a nice looking place, and the people are very friendly. However, I do wish they'd have more activities on-site at the independent living portion. Many of the activities take place across the street at the assisted living section, and my loved one doesn't like to make that walk too often.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your positive review!
In regards to the activities, we will share your feedback with the Executive Director and Activity Staff.
Did you know that we were among the top senior living communities in the nation and named "Caring Star of 2016" for Service Excellence in Independent and Assisted Living? We are extremely proud of our community and staff.
We also have a Facebook page with pictures and we invite you to "like" our page and engage with us! (The link to the Facebook page is on our website).

Good Value

This is an overall good community. A good value for the price. The staff is great except for the executive director, [removed]. He is rude and condescending to people. I am impressed with Debra [removed] and Michael [removed]. They are excellent representatives of the community and great advocates for the residents. The food is not the greatest quality but is acceptable. The dining experience is well organized and they do have options for room service. They do have a variety in the menu. There is a pool on the property and a resident dog. The property is near shopping. They are remodeling at this time. There is plenty of parking available. They do have a van and have plenty of outings and trips to appointments within a 6 mile radius. Again a good community!

Very, Very Nice!

The New Forest Estates is very, very nice. It is a very nice place to be. The Food is excellent with a good selection. I would recommend this community. I am very happy here. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. I rate the cleanliness 5 stars. I rate the friendliness 5 stars. I rate the value 5 stars. I rate the care services 5 stars. I rate the activities 5 stars. This is a 5 star community!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are so pleased to be living here. We are very happy to have you. Our residents like you help to make our community "Home". Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you.

Moms first step to a new life and adventure

my mom loves it there so much to do and so many friends she has meet, Mr Micheal Rivera has been very good and excellent representative as well Ms Debra. We can always call and ask questions and get quick response.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We have a fantastic Executive Director who fosters an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth. He and the outstanding staff genuinely care for all our residents, and their families.

Great!

My mom was there and it was fantastic! She had a great 2/2 corner 1st fl. The food was good and everyone was so nice and helpful! They were just starting the remodeling when we needed to move mom. We were very pleased!

Thank you for your positive review!

Worse place ever, I would not leave my dog in this place. The day we tour the facility and elderly man fell right in the lobby area of the place it took these folks about 10-15 minutes to have staff attend to him. The rooms are a patch work of DYI gone wrong. Yes it is cheap, but get what you pay for I guess. For a place that is strickly for the elderly the passaways are at times not wide enough to handle two residents with walkers going in opposite directions. Unless you absolutely can not afford anything else I would not recommend you to go to this place.

Pacifica Senior Living

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. We disagree on your remark regarding one of the residents falling. We are very attentive here and care deeply for all our residents. If you read the other reviews it is obvious that we treat everyone as family and are extremely involved in their well being and care. We hope that you find what you are looking for somewhere else.

A Very Positive Environment

New Forest Estates is a very warm and caring community. My Auntie is in the independent living section there and is very happy. She gets all of the attention she needs when anything arises. They do have trips and excursions available to residents. They are in the process of remodeling at this time. The food is very good and the dining room experience is well organized. They do have safety alarms in place. The only thing I might not agree with is the price they are charging residents for internet access.

Thank you for your positive review!

I arrived about a half hour before my meeting however I'm sure nobody was really expecting me. The front area was incredibly busy and loud. The young man at the front desk was just totally unprofessional he never followed up on my waiting. I Benchley left without a tour but I could tell from my first impression that I would not want my mother-in-law to stay there. On my personal skill of 1 to 10 I would give it a 4.5.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for review, we are very sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. We care deeply about our community and want you to see that our residents have a great time! Their days are filled with interesting and unique daily activities, great food and fantastic friends. We invite you and your mother in law back for a free tour, we would love another opportunity to impress you.

Very nice looking place!

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I have seen quite a few facilities in the area, and this one really impressed me. It was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. They are worth a look if you're looking for care in the area!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review, we are so pleased to hear your kind words. We have a wonderful Executive Director who is very involved in the community and our residents. We are honored among top senior living communities in the nation and named "Caring Star of 2016" for Service Excellence in Independent and Assisted Living. Thank you for your consideration and review. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future, we are happy to help!

They are still remodeling

They are still remodeling it here, which makes it a little chaotic. The people are relatively friendly, and it's clean enough for having a remodel going on. So far it's okay.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review. We hope that you feel welcome and you know that we are all here to support you. We want to be sure that you are happy here with us. If there is anything you need, please let us know. The remodel should be complete soon, and we are all excited to see the new renovations! We hope to see you at one of our many activities!

liked what I saw

I checked out New Forest Estates and from all I was able to observe I was very impressed and would give them a high rating. My loved one ended up staying in the hospital longer than expected and as such they never stayed at New Forest Estates so my experience was very limited, from from that limited experience I liked what I saw.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your loved one had to stay in the hospital longer that expected and we missed the opportunity to have them with us in our community. We hope that you found the community that met your needs and thank you for considering us. If you need assistance int the future, please know that we are here and happy to help pout in any way that we can.

So far it's going pretty good.

So far it's going pretty good. It's clean, but they have a lot of construction going on right now. The staff is very pleasant and very helpful. They have certain windows of time for meals, by the end of that window, the food will be a little cold. There is always something to do. I am really happy with it.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review and constructive feedback. We will relay the food information tot he community. We are very excited for the renovations to be complete and think that everyone will be pleased with the results. We are very happy to hear that you are happy here with us and enjoy the staff and activities.

Another good option, Yoland...

Another good option, Yolanda was very nice and helpful.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud to be among the 2016 Caring.com awards of America's Highest Rated Communities! The Caring Stars program honors assisted living and memory care communities in America based on consumer ratings and reviews in Caring.com's Senior Care Directory. These are the most-acclaimed assisted living and memory care communities nationwide!

Unsatisfied with the transportation and activities

To start with the positive this is a very nice looking community, and they always keep things very clean and well kept. The food is also decent, they serve 3 meals a day and they are generally healthy.
The first problem I ran into was that the community made no effort to integrate the new residents into the community, no welcoming event or party or anything. They also just did not seem to have a lot of activities in general.
The main problem was the transportation, which was one of the features they sold me on. They have one bus with 15 seats for a community of well over 100 people. It made me late to appointments more than once, and I've had to wait multiple hours to be picked up. It really was not acceptable.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that our community does not meet your needs. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and that you are happy in your new community. We are sorry to see you go.

Excellent independent living facility for a reasonable price.

NewForest has an excellent on-site director and Pacifica, the corp. owner, is constantly upgrading and repairing the facility. There is good attention to safety and awareness of resident's missing meals. Services are limited as this is an independent living facility. Meals are generally very good and there are options of delivery or pick up. The services our parents have needed most that aren't available are for someone to do laundry and for transportation to doctor/hospital after regular hours and on weekends. It is truly independent living but has many residents with outside care giver's. the service We need most is an on site services coordinator, social worker, counselor or someone familiar with services to the elderly living on just Social Security and heavily subsidized by children! We have difficulty getting help with information about services and additional help with memory care needs. NewForest is excellent as long as the family is able to stay involved on a regular basis.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and staff.

New Forest Estates

The staff is very friendly and accommidating. The residences are very friendly and always seems very happy. Dad's move in date was this past Monday. He is still transitioning and not a happy camper, but we believe once he starts making new friends and begin to participate in the activities, he will grow to enjoy it.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Lincoln, thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy and feel content with this huge decision. We understand what a hard decision this is for families and we want them to know that we care about your loved ones and will treat them like our own.
We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. We hope to see you around and would love the opportunity to shake your hand and say thank you in person. We have a Facebook page that we share our daily activities to, its a fun way to see what your Dad has been doing during the day! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

Apartment living, pet frien...

Apartment living, pet friendly, reasonable price ranges.

Little Things I Didn't Like

I was really leery of this one. It was definitely a no when I went to go see it. The apartments were all off a breeze ways sort of thing and I felt like that might be a fall risk if it rained. There were a lot of little things that I just didn't feel easy about.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are very attentive here and care deeply for all our residents. If you read the other reviews it is obvious that we treat everyone as family and are extremely involved in their well being and care. We hope that you will find what you are looking for somewhere else. Thank you for the opportunity to share our community with you.

Loud, chaotic, in the dinin...

Loud, chaotic, in the dining and common area. Phones ringing off the hook, calls being made on speaker phones that could be heard from a room away. Residents seemed like they were cattle being herded into the dining hall. Dad doesn't do well in loud or chaotic places. Strong smell of pinesol in the common area near the dining hall (not good for mom as she has severe asthma and is sensitive to this). Bathrooms in common area smelled disgusting. Residences have the feel of an apartment complex with a few touches thrown in for seniors, such as elevators, no slip walkways, and a dining hall - residents didn't seem very happy. Outside of the dining area/sitting room, we were told the main common areas that qualify this place as a retirement community are outside in the courtyards and around the pool....in San Antonio where it's 90+ degrees for 5 months out of the year?? Library smelled disgusting. 30 minute drive in traffic from our house..not optimal. Staff acted like they were apartment managers, not senior living specialists.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way.
We were honored among top senior living communities in the nation and named "Caring Star of 2016" for Service Excellence in Independent and Assisted Living.
We value our residents and families are constantly striving to make our community as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We want our residents to feel cared for, engaged and to enjoy life. We have a fantastic team and feel that we can provide exceptional care to our residents. We hope that you found what you are looking for somewhere else and we thank you for your consideration.

Did not care for the fact t...

Did not care for the fact that independent/assisted living apartments were in the front of the facility, and more critical care residents were relegated to a small self-contained building in the back.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We hope that you find the community that best fits your mother’s needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

Expensive

It was expensive. It appeared to be very nice but you don't really know how it's going to be until you move in there.

Hi Donna,
Thank you for your review. We hope that you happy with your decision and want you to know that you can always reach out to us. Also, we have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we are a better value with more programs and options. We are here for you and want to be sure that you are happy and that you needs are being met. We hope to see you at one of our fun events this month!