Franklin Park Sonterra - AL - San Antonio, TX

Good Tour

Great Tour of this facility. The staff was very kind, and helpful. The community looked great, they do a good job with the cleanliness. Everything went well for the most part. I just did get the feeling that this was the community for my mother, and her needs.

My Mom is Happy Here

My mother is very happy at Franklin Park Sonterra and I feel it is a good fit for her.
The staff there are very nice and they seem to care a lot about the residents. My father had been there a few years back so I know the place well.
There are activities for the residents and my mom enjoys the food and menu that they offer.

Clean Community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff was very friendly and on time to our appointment and provided us with lots of great information. The property was nicely maintained and had a lot of great amenities available to offer all of the residents. Overall we where pleased with the experience it was just not the right place for my mother

Mom's Beautiful New Home

Just moved my mother-in-law into Franklin Park Sonterra. She loves her 1-bedroom apartment...it's open, sunlit, airy, and beautifully appointed. Both staff and residents have been friendly, helpful, and very welcoming. The food is both healthy and delicious, well-portioned, and provided in a fine-dining atmosphere.
Mom says, "If you're lonely here, it's your own fault." She's still settling in and a bit nervous, but happier now than she's been in months.

5 stars all the way!!

The staff at this community are friendly, they helped when we moved in and answered our questions. The building is an excellent design and they keep it clean. The food tastes good and they offer a lot of good healthy choices. I would recommend this community.

BED BUGS

BED BUGS HAVE BEEN A CONSTANT IN RESIDENT ROOMS. NOTHING IS BEING DONE AND THE PROBLEM IS GETTING WORSE. CAUTION DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONES IN THIS FACILITY.
Zero stars.

Jim Duggins

Mr. Truth, I find this review unfair and factually incorrect. It's true we have had instances of Bed Bugs (not unlike other communities here in SA). However, we have addressed the issues as soon as we have been made aware and have had the apartments treated immediately, at no cost to the residents.

If you have any unresolved issues, I would be more than happy to visit with you.

Jim
Executive Director

One of our top two

A little more expensive than our other top choice, but still very comparable. Our decision came down to the layout of the community. The apartments were way in the back compared to where the dining room and activities were. It was also a larger community than the one we chose.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another Franklin Park community that matched our loved ones care needs a bit better, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Very nice but doesn't quite compare with the Emerald Oaks location.

They really did a good job.

Our loved one was not here long before he passed. They did a fine job while we were there though. We didn't have any major complaints. It was clean, the staff was friendly and attentive. They really did a good job.

Happy!

We are extremely pleased and think its a bargain!

Jim Duggins

Very happy and only one half star. :(

Review of Franklin Park Sonterra Assisted Living in San Antonio, TX

Beautiful building. Nice apt with outdoor space. Washer and dryer in each apartment. Flexible hours in dining room. In the top 3.

Best Senior Living Community I've Ever Seen!

We stopped by for a tour this week while my mom was in town visiting. We were very impressed with this beautiful community. My mother is not easily impressed but, had nothing but good things to say. The staff was very friendly. The tour was given by Tina & she was great. They have a real movie theater & a great game room. There was a happy hour going on with live entertainment, when we toured. The room was full of people that looked to be having a great time. My mother stated, If she decides to move to SA next year Franklin Park Sonterra will be her new home,

Not impressed by tour

I was not impressed by what I saw here. The person I scheduled my tour with was not available when I arrived, which did not leave a good first impression. In general the community just didn't have a very friendly feel, and I didn't think it would have been a good fit for my loved one.

I went by there and it very...

I went by there and it very pretty from the outside. I received a brochure and it was very expensive. For me it was to far out and there's lots of traffic and some construction in Stone Oak.

What we are looking for but...

What we are looking for but not the traffic on 1604.

I would love to live here someday!

Tina and Joanne were wonderful and very helpful. The place was gorgeous and well cared for. The apartment was huge with beautiful flooring, new appliances, separate room for washer and dryer. Lots of storage space and designed to make the most of the space. The residents were all very friendly and welcoming.

A Great Place for Dad

Very pleasant surroundings. Food is terrific.Reasonable price compared to other with similar sized units.

Did not like the way it sme...

Did not like the way it smelled.

Absolutely gorgeous, but little more ...

Absolutely gorgeous, but little more than what we needed.

Very nice, upscale, friendly people, ...

Very nice, upscale, friendly people, lots of amenities. Assisted living would have to be used.

Too over the top for Mom and Dad.

Too over the top for Mom and Dad.

I did not observe many people no acti...

I did not observe many people no activity going on. Weird event with the front desk. . .No link to their website

Franklin Park Sonterra is an up-scale senior living community. It is composed of 150 Independent Living apartments, 52 Assisted Living apartments and a two-story Clubhouse with numerous resident amenities. Currently under development with an opening scheduled for Spring 2010. Owned by Aubra Franklin of Franklin Development, Franklin Park Sonterra is the first of three senior communities planned for San Antonio. Franklin Park Sonterra - AL is a San Antonio, TX-based independent and assisted living facility that features an artistically inspired design. Residents at the facility can enjoy maintenance-free living without any of the difficulties and expenses of home ownership. Staff members at the facility encourage all residents to optimize their state of physical health and emotional well-being by staying consistently involved in the group activities that the Franklin Park Sonterra has to offer. Franklin Park Sonterrra's independent living homes have fully equipped kitchens, basic cable TV, private patios and come with full garage/parking coverage.