Brookdale Patriot Heights - San Antonio, TX

Patriot Heights provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Exceptional Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday and our 5 star - Medicare rated Skilled Nursing Center. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. Brookdale Patriot Heights offers a continuum of care, including independent living, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation services. This pet-friendly facility is dedicated to providing exceptional experiences every day. The many amenities include a library, a greenhouse, a game room, a fitness room, a therapy room, billiards, concierge services, a courtyard, a garden, and walking paths.

More independent facility

With this community, I think you really have to require more independence to live here. There are no walkers or wheelchairs available so you have to be able to move around. It’s a very minimal care facility. I think the most help any of the residents needed at one time would be with their medication.

I am a current resident of patriot heights. I've been living here for over four year. I come to almost every scheduled activity that is offered at patriot heights. My family and I have encountered some issues during my stay of four years but staff has addressed everyone promptly, always keeping my family and I informed. No place is perfect but patriot height is close to perfect. I am happy here and I am glad to call this my home. If you ever have the chance to come by ask for a strawberry milkshake there the best.

Patriot heights is constantly accommodating to my needs. My family doesn't live San Antonio so it's difficult to have them bring me in items but patriot heights goes the extra mile and helps my family out by making sure i get what I want. They have a lovely area to seat outside and watch the birds and get sunlight. I love to play bingo and bingo they have. They have all types of prizes, I normally pick jewelry and sun hats. The past 2 years I spent at patriot heights have been great. I need continuous care and they provide it even when I give them a hard time. And the housekeepers are the best always talking to me and taking the time to listen to my concerns.

Nice tour

We toured Brookdale Patriot Heights. The staff was friendly and they gave a nice presentation of their community. It was a clean and well-kept community. We chose another community based on location.

very nice staff and residents are happy. this one is far from us though, about 35 minutes away.

A bigger community needed

We toured this community and like the layout of the clean community. The staff was nice on the tour that we received. We liked that we had options on cooking or the nice meals that were available. We did not feel that the cottages were big enough for what we needed. We would of like the community if it was bigger.

Very friendly and Helpful Staff

I really like it here at Brookdale Patriot Heights. It is a beautiful community with beautiful landscaping. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. The food is pretty good, and they offer a variety of choices. They provide two meals a day with generous portions. My room is exactly what I wanted, it has a big picture window and a balcony. They offer activities for the residents to engage in. I really enjoy their social activities that they provide for the residents to get together and socialize. I'm excited about joining their ice cream social that is coming up. They also offer transportation to Dr. appointments and shopping trips. I would highly recommend this community to friends and family.

A nice community

The coordinator from Brookdale was great to work with. She was knowledgable and she let us know that this community would not be the right fit for my loved ones. They needed additional care that this community did not offer. The community seemed awesome. The people were so nice and the community looked very clean.

A Good Time Seeing the Community

On my tour I got to see the community and I would have loved to move my mom here but the price to live here was not in our budget. The person who showed us the community did a wonderful job.

A Good Choice

Not as eager to do things as suggested; however, the location and grounds are wonderful. The food is excellent. Everyone is friendly and, for the most part, accommodating. For the money and for what I wanted and needed, Patriot Heights exceeded all the other options I viewed.

We are Very Pleased with this Community

This is a good community, and my father is doing very well since his move here. Everything has worked out very well, and we are pleased with all they have done for our family. My father is safe, and in good hands at this community. They are taking good care of him, and his needs.

Nice facility, just not for us.

This was a fairly nice place. We loved the staff! However, when we were considering moving in, the staff promised that my parents would receive a room on the first floor, but they ended up having to be put on the third floor, which would not work for my father, who has dementia.

Was a definite runner up!! great facility, open air feel and warm and friendly staff. Other facility chosen won out simply by geography.

Comfort for my parents!

My parents are doing as well as to be expected. Their apartment is comfortable and they seem to be settling well. There have been a couple of residents that have introduced themselves to them, my father has made some friends.

Seemed like a well run facility and the sales person who met with me was terrific. I rated it a 3 mostly because I don't see it as a good fit for my mom. There was nothing wrong, but it just felt very traditional - which is not how my mom lives life.

Nice community for an independent senior

We toured this community when looking for my father and it was very nice! The main reason we didn't chose them is they do not offer assisted living on site.

Wide variety of activities!!

I really have been happy with my choice to make the move into this community. I keep busy during my days with the wide variety of activities the staff has planned for us and the enjoyable company of the other residents. I do think there needs to be some improvement on the food they serve. The meals are very bland and do not have very much flavor to them.

Dining room hours

My only complaint is that the dining room closes at 6. My family lives in San Antonio and the work. For them to be able to join me for dinner is almost impossible. I'm used to eating dinner between 6:30 and 8, otherwise I get hungry by 10 and want that unneeded snack!

Pleasant staff

So far, things are going well at Brookdale Patriot Heights. The facility is nice and the staff keeps it cleaned well. The other residents here are very welcoming and friendly. They seem happy and well adjusted. The staff is pleasant.

Friendly, accommodating staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Brookdale Patriot Heights! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they've been a big help to us throughout the whole process. They've also been very accommodating and on top of things when it comes to any questions or requests we've had. There were a few maintenance issues when we moved my loved one into her apartment, and they took care of all of them in a timely manner.

Brookdale Patriot Heights

Brookdale Patriot Heights is very friendly and helpful. The buildings and grounds are immaculate. The residents are very welcoming and friendly, also.

GREAT place for mom

GREAT place for mom!
Has a community feel, staff and residents are very friendly. Welcome committee run by the residents made her feel welcome right away. Food is included and very good, restaurant quality with buffets on Sundays. And she can invite her friends (or me) to eat with her for a small fee. Lots of activities and outings, beautiful grounds, deer everywhere! Hence the street name - Fawn Meadow ;) Great peace of mind knowing my mom is well cared for and happy! ,,,only bad thing is they had a leak in the pool. So it was shut down for two months. How long does it take to fix a pool? And they only serve dinner till 6 o'clock. I think they should at least be able to have dinner until 7. Overall it has been a good experience and my mom seems to really like it there.

Very nice looking place

Healthcare building in the way back, up the hill needs some overhaul. It looks like you've been living in the 70's. I would never let my mother live there. Its funny how everything in the front (independent Living) is well kept until u see what's in the back.

Review of Patriot Heights Independent Living in San Antonio, TX

Grounds not kept up. Very dated apartments. dark hallways. Laundry down the hall.

Active, Friendly Community

My parents have lived in Patriot Heights for nearly a year and are completely enjoying it! The food is very good; staff is friendly and attentive; neighbors are friendly; and there are a range of activities from cards, movies, and book clubs, to trying local restaurants, visiting museums, and 'mystery' trips (and much more). Sounds like there is always something going on and something for everyone's interests -- scheduling time to speak to them is now the biggest challenge, as they are frequently busy! It has been a very good fit

Nice facility, too expensive.

Nice facility, too expensive.

I visited here on April 14t...

I visited here on April 14th. Very secure with the guard gate. Looked nice and has an assisted living facility on the grounds.

Washer/Dryer right next to ...

Washer/Dryer right next to toilet. Everything off front entrance on first floor.

Very nice place. but out of price range

Very nice place. but out of price range

denicse is who i talked to. visited ...

denicse is who i talked to. visited this one in person...but looks old and suggested a semiprivate room. :(

Has 2/2 in main building on ground fl...

Has 2/2 in main building on ground floor. Near main medical complex. Not sure of time in cab to get to Incarnate Word. Gardens and walking paths may not be as nice as Inn At Los Patios.

more independent living oriented. No...

more independent living oriented. No hand rails in the halls and some apparent maintenance issues.

It was very nice but very expensive.

It was very nice but very expensive.

It is beautiful and very well respect...

It is beautiful and very well respected. It has the added bonus that the units have patio's or balconeys which is nice. Good layouts and full kitchens so the meal plan may not be necessary.

Looks really nice.

Looks really nice.

For my folks, they may feel that this...

For my folks, they may feel that this is too sophisticated for them, even though everything was top on the line and they deserve this.

I loved the rehabilitation care secti...

I loved the rehabilitation care section.

Place seemed nice, but unenthusiastic...

Place seemed nice, but unenthusiastic nature of tour makes is hard for me to even remember.

Liked the area, but not the complete ...

Liked the area, but not the complete set up.

Independent living. Has a variety of ...

Independent living. Has a variety of types of housing. Villa, 2 bedroom cottage with garage.

This one is nice but the layout isn't...

This one is nice but the layout isn't good for us.