The Waterford on Huebner - San Antonio, TX

Dad is happy here

We have my father-in-law here and it is wonderful. They have been extremely accommodating to my dad on his billing and moving him into a smaller apartment. They have been very kind. He has a small studio with a patio in the independent living side. He has the 1x weekly cleaning service. They offer an inhome care provider on site if we need that service. The food seems to be good he gets 3 meals a day. They communicate really well with the resident they have things posted and also in their mail cubby hole. They have 2 shuttles that will run them to a doctor or the grocery store. They have a patio in the front and back in the shade. I would recommend this community.

A tour for family

We toured this community for my mom's care. We liked the rooms and the environment was beautiful. She liked the menu and the staff. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of love.

Very nice facility. Units are small but provide the essentials and are nicely appointed. Food is tasty. I like that it is very bright and welcoming. It felt good to be there.

Manager needs to learn manners

I came to visit my parents. As my morher was enjoying time with her friends the manager known as [Removed] stormed up to the ladies and began barking at them "The wall is here" She then began raising her voice to them as they tried one of the ladies tried talking with her. [Removed] then stormed off.

Mom loves her new home

Jennifer was a gem to work with. My mother was so happy when she moved in. The residents are very nice and gracious. She feels like she is home which is comforting to all of us. She did not want to burden her children with living with us. All six of us wanted her to move in with us. But she wanted to be independent and I think she made the right choice. Now when I call, she is doing this or at a meeting and doesn't have time to just talk. She is such a people person and is really enjoying her new friends.

Thank you for making the recommendation.

This is a beautiful place to live. It brings a touch of southern charm to ones life and home environment. Ms Pena was very kind and caring and shared with us all that this facility had to offer. The floor plans (square footage) came in several sizes and categories, meeting a residents needs and future needs. We were invited to have lunch and the food was very good. I was able to talk with several of the residents and they all felt very safe and happy there. We also meet the Executive Director who extended herself if we had any questions or needed something. All in all, a place a could call home.

We really like the Waterford!

We really like the Waterford! It's great, I would give them a positive review.

Food has really gone downhill

My mom has lived here for over a year. The food at first was good. I'd go sometimes and eat lunch or dinner with her, but I can't stomach it anymore. A few months ago they went through a huge turnover in the kitchen and waitstaff and it's really gone downhill. The food is often overcooked or under cooked, cold, orders gotten wrong, and service is slow. It has really affected my mom's morale. She often begs me to come get her so she can go to a restaurant and eat because she just is so unhappy with the food. She otherwise loves this place. They just remodeled and it looks great, she's made a lot of friends, and likes all of the activities. She just can't stop talking about how horrible the food is, and she's normally not one to complain and isn't a picky eater. If the food were good she'd give this place 5 stars!

So far so good. She says, she is where she should be.

So far so good. Everything has it's plus and minuses. Very nice people. She is having a bit of problem with the food. They don't have salt free entrees, other than salads. The apartment is adorable. The staff has been very nice and friendly. They don't encourage her to do things as often as I would like. She hasn't taken advantage of all they have to offer. I wish they had more gardens and outdoor areas. She says, she is where she should be.

wonderful

The only area where they have had some issues is that they have had some turnover with the dining staff, and also recently lost their hairdresser.

Other than that, things have gone very well. She has adjusted very well into the facility and is happy and well cared for there. The staff at The Waterford on Huebner has really been great and wonderful.

Very nice place, newer physical plant. All the amenities. very nice staff. Pricy.

could treat residents better

They could improve on the way they treat their residents. They do not seem really here to help us. It's a pretty nice facility but the care to the residents and overall value is not what it should be.

very welcoming

They have been very welcoming to my parents, trying to get them involved in the activities, and feeling hat home. They have a really good move-in orientation to help them know what to expect.

One complaint I would make is that they advertise (and we pay for) fitness class every day, but they don't have it every day because they don't always have someone there to teach it. I feel that if you're going to advertise for it and we're going to pay for it, we should get it.

Another thing is that they need more drivers. They have only one driver, and with a lot of people to shuttle mom has had to wait for her ride a long times at times, once having to wait out in the cold a long while.

But overall, the facility is wonderful and the people are great. It's been a very good experience.

best place for mom to be

We went over there to do our first tour in early June. My step mom was not ready to move in yet, so we took our time and moved things along slowly. We finally got moved in during late September. At that time they did not have any of the same class of apartments that we had initially gotten set up with, even though we had already put down a deposit on it.

She is happy with where she is and they said they would move her for free to the type of place we initially wanted if one becomes available, so they have been accommodating.

It is definitely the best place for her to be!

Review of The Waterford on Huebner Independent Living in San Antonio, TX

Dated. laundry facilities down the hall. Small kitchenette

It's been very good. We are very happy with them.

It's been very good. The food is good, she is eating too many desserts, she has so much to choose from, it's hard to pick the healthy options. We chose based on the overall experience, it was very bright and cheery, and friendly, and clean. We knew two people who lived there and their opinion weighed heavily on our decision. They knew everyone by name when we were walking around. We are very happy with them.

Much Better

My dad has never said he liked a community until this one. It’s done a lot for my dad – he was depressed when we put him over there, but he’s much better now, being very happy. He says the food is good. He likes being around people his own age rather than in the all ages community he had been in.

She is happy there.

She is happy there. She is very happy with the staff. They keep it very clean, and they are very responsive. If I call or she calls they are right there to take care of everything. They do have activities. The one thing that could be improved or done better is that they don't have a little store for water or toothpaste, little things, and that would be nice.

They are overpriced for what you get.

They are overpriced for what you get. The food is really good, but there have been issues with the dining room staff. There have been problems with the laundry, the washers are dirty, there is a tenant that always leaves their laundry in the washer, and the community won't address it. It's very nicely decorated in the hallways, but everything has an inch of dust, even the plants. Everyone is very friendly, some of the staff is very friendly. It's gated and we feel safe. They aren't are very good about responding to complaints.

I visited here on April 21s...

I visited here on April 21st. Very nice, very friendly. No kitchen, no fenced patio for the dogs.

Changed facilities

Facility is actually less expensive and provides the same if not better service and the food is very good in comparison to the previous facility...My father has adjusted extremely well and feels the residents are more friendly than the last place...Room is adequate, 1 bedroom as well as the mini kitchen serves his needs...Employees and management are excellent...No complaints at this point...

Previous assisted/independent living the management/RL Director was extremely poor...Nickel and Dime for everything...It was return on investment mentality...

Food was not prepared and was more of a precooked menu...Two separate dining rooms was a horrible situation...My father has no interest in going back to previous one...

We loved everything about the Waterford.

We loved everything about the Waterford. They were fabulous, the staff, and everything was so clean and beautiful. The food was good. We were really sad to leave. They didn't have the level of care we needed. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reasonably priced and very ...

Reasonably priced and very good amenities.

Good things to come

I have not yet fully moved into Waterford on Huebner, am doing it a little at a time until next week when I will finally settle in. Have made several trips over there to take a few things, and once to have a delicious lunch. From the first time I went there everyone has been so nice and helpful and happy to see me. The first day when I walked in, there was a white board at the front desk that said, "Welcome, Helen Bates." Nice touch. After the tour I could not stay for lunch, so they sent lunch home with me in a to-go box. The most wonderful potato soup I have ever tasted,. I am looking forward to joining this community and being a part of their day-to-day life.

Lots of choices

It's clean, tidy, the entryway, the dining room, the sitting areas are all just very clean. Everybody's very friendly, the people in the dining room taking your order are all very nice, the food is excellent, you have a lot of choices. They've got bingo, bridge, they have tons and tons of activities but my mother in law is very antisocial so she doesn't really care about them. They do have a nice library and a beauty salon so she likes getting books. They also have home care on site that they contract in if you need more care.

Enjoyed our tour and had lu...

Enjoyed our tour and had lunch with one of the residents. Mom really enjoyed her visit but felt the rooms were a bit smaller. Very gracious and followed up with me.

Chrisman for Gormley

The facility is beautiful (community areas, resident apartments, and landscaping). The food is good. The staff are fabulous. It is gated and provides a sense of security for the residents and their family members. The apartments (various sizes and prices) have patios and that provides a real feeling of home. The retirement center allows residents to pay to bring Home Health or Hospice Care in, giving the residents independence, but the care they require. There is a variety of activities that appeal to residents and this diminishes the feelings of loneliness. These activities are in the facility and some are in the community with facility transportation. This facility is pet friendly so the residents can bring their "extended family" along for a small price. Housekeeping is provided once a week with flat linen services. Residents can drop off their trash in a clean receptacle room on their way to the dining hall. Washers and dryers are abundant in clean laundry rooms. Walking down the hallways makes you think you are in a flower garden because they smell so nice. Vending machines are on each floor. A reliable elevator is available for those residents who live on the second floor or for those who are wanting to use the single designated activity rooms on that floor.

Great quality, great food

The staff is great and this place is wonderful. Since its independent living there arent really any "care services". The director has been there for 13 years and that longevity shows in the level of quality that is seen throughout the facility.

My mom loves it here, participates in the activities and the one thing she really likes is the food which is really unusual for her.

Great amenities, services. Nice look...

Great amenities, services. Nice looking facility. [removed] st.1 = $1,855, B1 = $2,155 Pets-yes. Contacted Director

Nice place, good food, activities see...

Nice place, good food, activities seem appropriate. Found one resident sitting alone is a library and she was too tired to come to dinner. Food was excellent and staff was really friendly.

This looks like a beautiful place...I...

This looks like a beautiful place...It would be nice. It is virtually identical to the one that Mom and Dad looked at in Virginia. It is "ALL INCLUSIVE" which means it includes basically everything including meals, housekeeping, transportation, FREE washers and dryers (not in unit), etc...It has a great price comparison sheet in the packet to use to see how it compares with living alone in your house - you can use this with other facilities also.

I really liked this place could live ...

I really liked this place could live here,but, need to talk to family about finincal situation- they have offered me a good deal. They are nice and caring and really helpful! Who knows could be my new home real soon. I can't afford this one!!!!

This tour was a "hoot" from the time ...

This tour was a "hoot" from the time the Director picked me up until I returned home. Very impressed with the staff, interior of the bldg, high ceilings, furnishings, friendliness with staff as well as residents. Food, fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed lunch with residents, we laughed all the time, started lunch with 2 residents, and ended up with 3 more residents joining us because we were having so much fun. So far, this is ranked #1.

Let our desired amenities and convenient services spur you into experiencing an exciting life at The Waterford on Huebner. Our Independent Living community in San Antonio, Texas, features thoughtfully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans and a full calendar of activities and social programs such as regular bingo, Bunco and happy hours to offer residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle. Our apartments boast walk-in closets and full-sized kitchenettes so residents feel right at home the second they step foot in our community. The Waterford also offers the privacy and freedom our residents expect and deserve with 2-inch mini-blinds on all windows and the ability to enjoy community amenities ranging from a well-stocked library to our grand piano. At the same time, we offer companionship. Professional and courteous staff members are available 24 hours a day and can provide support services including additional housekeeping and laundry help. Our community’s location on the north side of San Antonio provides a plethora of shopping, dining, entertainment and medical choices all within reach of our residents.

Since 1990, Capital Senior Living has grown to become one of the largest senior living providers in the United States. With a goal of offering affordable housing and an enriched lifestyle to thousands of seniors, our dedicated team of professionals succeeds in providing quality care in each of our unique communities. Services offered at Waterford on Huebner include on-site activities, devotional services, beauty services, barber services, hospice care, physical therapy, speech therapy, and on-site home care.