Madison Estates - San Antonio, TX

Welcome to Madison Estates, your warm and friendly home in the heart of Texas. We’re just minutes away from the Alamo, several historic missions and the Tower of the Americas.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

Homey and lively atmosphere

My Father is extremely happy here as well as with the staff. They have been very nice and kind. All of the staff members have been very responsive to all of his requests. They also work very hard to keep everyone entertained. From playing poker, to all of the socials, and they have a bunch of music entertainment. The facility itself has a homey, comfy, lively feel to it. I would recommend this facility.

Cottage for care

We like the tour for the possibility of living here. The cottage was nice and clean. We like that the community offered us to have meals or be able to cook for ourselves. The staff was nice and we would recommend that if you need a smaller cottage that this would be a good option.

Beautiful Community

Madison Estates was a beautiful community. It was very large and inviting. The staff was very friendly and helpful and answered all of the questions that we had. The rooms were too small for me but might be a better fit for others.

The Community I Live In

The experience is going just right for me since I moved into the community. There is enough activities for me to do through out the day and week. the meals could use more improvement. Like more seasoning and flavor with the food but it is still good enough to eat. Housekeeping does a good job keeping my room comfortable and the light cleaning is helpful.

A Spectacular Experience With Them

My loved one never got to experience how great they are. The people at Madison Estates were awesome to work with. We had a great start and had hoped to move in. It is just an awesome place for seniors.

The best tour!

My favorite tour was probably the one of Madison Estates. When I arrived, the man was ready with a packet of information and gave me a brief presentation before we went and looked around. It was a beautiful place but the apartments were small and dated. Other than that, everyone was friendly and it was a good experience.

Very large facility. Common areas very nice and the room sizes were good. The rooms could use some upgrading.

Madison Estates gets my recommendation!

I have been impressed with the staff at this community. They are helpful, friendly and proactive. They take care of any issues we bring to their attention quickly. The food is hot, tasty and they offer a good variety of choices. They offer some activities such as poker and dominoes, however I think they could use a little more variety. The community is clean and they do their best to present a pleasant and current atmosphere.

Great Tour!!

The Madison Estates was a very nice place. Everyone was very friendly to us. What we didn't like was the fact that we had to pay for 3 meals a day. My mother doesn't eat that much and we wanted a place with the option to opt out of it. Other than that, we really liked the place.

I absolutely love the staff!

It's a mixed bag, but over all we are very happy with it. I absolutely love the staff! They are wonderful, they will absolutely do anything you ask. The building is old and don't have a lot of amenities that we are used to. It is also pretty small. The food is good, and all inclusive, and the grounds are beautiful, the look is very Mediterranean, with rolling hills and lots of levels. They have an on premise laundry so you don't have to go to a laundromat, and they are free to use. The atmosphere is very laid back, so it does take a bit for things to get done. It's less expensive than our old place, and they have a rate-lock available. The staff and management are wonderful, we absolutely love them, but they do have a bit an absentee corporate office, they declined some donations, which was odd to us. Everything is included, even transportation, which is really nice.

Felt Trapped!

This community did not have a positive atmosphere. The dining room had set hours as well as assigned seats which my mother did not like at all. In her opinion, it did not feel like a comfortable retirement community. Her main complaint was also the taste of the food, it could use quite a bit of improvement. The staff was friendly and the overall maintenance did a good job.

Holiday Retirement

Hello there, we sincerely appreciate you reaching out and taking the time to review and tell us about your experience. The staff at Madison Estates take our reviews very seriously, and we appreciate very much your sharing these thoughts with us. We also appreciate your kind words around our friendly staff and the good job by maintenance. Thank you very much for reaching out!

Had A Positive Experience!

When i took a tour of the Madison Estates i noticed that there was a strong odor in the community. I felt that i received a fantastic tour. The person that assisted me with being able to see the whole place was attentive and knowledgeable. The communities prices were very affordable and overall it was a clean place with wonderful staff.

The staff are wonderful!

Everything is working out pretty good at the Madison Estates. They have been very accommodating to ensure I am comfortable in my new home. The meals served are very good. I'm enjoying all of the activities available. The community was more affordable for assisted living compared to others I visited in the area. A dishwasher in my unit would be very helpful to help keep the kitchen clean. There is a need for some redecorating in some areas where the walls look a little tattered.

Highly Recommened

This is a great community with a wonderful staff that are always kind and helpful. We are happy with the food and the varieity that is available. They do have alot of activities that are offered. This community is highly recommended in everyway for great care.

Will be one of our top places to visit when my parents are willing.

You'll love it here.

The residents have all been so friendly that you'd think they owned stock in the place! So far I love it here. There are lots of activities, something for everyone. Music from the time when music was really music. We show great respect for our residents who are veterans to show our appreciation for their sacrifice. What's not to love?

Review of Madison Estates - San Antonio, TX

Upfront fee 3500.00 (can be broken into payments also 35 background fee.) Full fridge sink stove. 3meals and snacks. 1 bd rm 615 sq ft. 2349-2649 depending on location in building and view and patio. All utilities cable and phone line. Transportation weekly linen and towel and maid service.

Looks great on the outside...but watch out!

My father has been here five years, and says that ever since Holiday Retirement got bought out, the food and service have become terrible. His biggest complaint is the food - dry, tasteless chicken most of the time. The menu choices sound great, but they are anything but. There is not much variety and the portions are small. He has lost significant weight over the last 6 months because he doesn't want to eat the food. He has even resorted to cooking for himself so he won't have to eat it.
We've also had extreme difficulty getting the corporate office to sign the papers he needs to get his VA benefits so he can afford care for his increasing needs. Though the local management has been friendly and accommodating, everything has to go through the corporate office. We are very disappointed in this place, and are looking to move elsewhere.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, my name is Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, I'm so very sorry to hear that your father is having a negative experience at the Marquette. These most certainly the sort of perception we want seniors and their families to have of our communities and we take concerns like these very seriously. I've escalated your concerns to our Resident Relations department for their review. I've asked that a member of their team call you personally, should you already have an open file. If you haven't called Resident Relations regarding these concerns, I strongly suggest you do so they can investigate further. Their number is [removed].

Thank you again for bringing these concerns to our attention,
Katie

Needs Better Food

There could definitely be some improvement with the dining hall and their services. There is just no variation with the food and my mother has complained about it just being the same thing over and over again.

The communication with the staff has been good.

The communication with the staff has been good. The food is okay. The location and the parking is good. I would recommend the Madison Estates to anyone. The friendliness is excellent. The cleanliness is four stars. The value is four stars. The care services is four stars. The activities are four stars. My overall rating of the Madison Estates is three stars.

They are quick to your needs

The Madison Estates is a nice community. The staff is very helpful and they are quick to your needs. It's a real nice place to live. It's a clean and friendly environment. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. They do a good job at taking care of my loved one. They offer many activities for the residents. The value is excellent. I would highly recommend the Madison Estates because it's excellent. Everything has been great.

I could see myself living here for a long time..

It's very clean. The staff is very, very receptive and very helpful. Overall I enjoy it here. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because of the food. They are improving on the food though. I could see myself living here for a long time. Considering what's included the value is pretty good. Management is really good. They are wonderful. It has been a very good experience.

It has been good so far kind of out of his comfort zone because use to be living in town and not anymore. He is adjusting very well. The staff is really nice and comforting.

It's going great.

It's going great. She is very happy there. It's really clean, and there are no complaints about the food. It's a nice place. We don't have any concerns or complaints. It's working out really well, and I would rate them highly.

My mother decided to visit, and she ended up liking it.

This was one of the places on our list to check out. My mother decided to visit, and she ended up liking it.

She is pleased with it, and much happier than she was before.

She loves it. They have been very good with her. They helped her get some furniture. She likes the food okay. She is pleased with it, and much happier than she was before. The people are very friendly. She is very comfortable. I feel like she is very secure there.

Fantastic

This place has been the best experience my mother has had. Staff is wonderful and she has many friends.

Review of Madison Estates Independent Living in San Antonio, TX

Somewhat dated. Not as bright. Kitchenette. No washer dryer in apartment.

Very nice place!

Everything here has been great, we really love it! The people here are very friendly, and the staff have all been so welcoming and nice! I'd give them top marks across the board, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking into senior living!

We had a really good tour. ...

We had a really good tour. Deann was very friendly, and was very helpful, answering all of our questions. We are definitely considering this community as a real opportunity for my Mom. One criticism, we arrived on time, but were not greeted promptly as Deann was in a meeting. The girl at the front desk eventually invited us to seats in the lobby, which gave us an opportunity to observe the front desk and lobby during our wait. One resident was loudly complaining that she was missing a medical appt because no one showed up to drive the bus or other vehicle.

This is like a cruise ship ...

This is like a cruise ship it is so nice. Lots of activities and amenities. Unfortunately way outside our budget.

We found the perfect fit for my 89 year old mom.

Cindy from A Place for Mom was very patient and helpful. She always answered my calls & emails. Having her gave me the courage and focus I needed to deal with Rehab facilities, Independent & Assisted Living centers.

Thanks to her my mother is now living in Madison Estates. Her apartment is spacious & the icing in the cake for my mom was the private backyard! I never thought we could have found such a good fit.

My mom has only been living there for 6 days. She is a bit overwhelmed but thanks to the friendly serviceable people that work there, she is slowly adjusting.

Thank you for the opportunity to voice my opinion.

Deann Gloria, Sales Leader, was very ...

Deann Gloria, Sales Leader, was very informative. The tour was excellent and facilities a little older was in very good shape.

We were at the VA Hospital ...

We were at the VA Hospital at the Medical Center and went by the Community and decided to stop by and take a look around. Deann Gloria, Sales Leader, who was very busy, took time out to show us around and we looked at a one 1b/b and 2b/b. The place is lovely, everyone is very nice, but we first need to sell our house.

I visited here on April 16t...

I visited here on April 16th. Very friendly and looked very homey.

A wonderful experience.

They had the most space for the money, and the kitchen is really fantastic. I like that there is a full size kitchen with a full size fridge. The only issue that we had is that we had worked out with the sales staff, a few things that needed to be fixed or repaired by move in day and it wasn't quite done. There was a mix up about her move in date as well, that was a little frustrating. The communication between the sales staff and the rest of the staff was lacking a little. The food is very good, she says too good. She just keeps saying that everyone is so nice, both the people that live there as well as the people that work there.

madison estates

friendly staff and management... clean facility

They have new management, and they ha...

They have new management, and they have added some new charges. They came and fixed a water leak, and they patched it up, but never finished, maintance could use a little work. I think the food is really good. It's three meals a day and they can choose from some different options, and it is a nice dining area. We chose them because not only was the staff friendly but residents were all very nice as well. They would come and introduce themselves and offer to show him around if he chose to live there.

Pros: Location is convenien...

Pros: Location is convenient to the Medical Center and our house, Community itself is well kept. Lots of natural light in the corridors, apartments and common areas. Feels spacious and was quiet. Residents we met gave very positive reviews. Staff was very helpful and open to sprucing up the apartment in small ways if required. Some units have a mini backyard/patio. Willing to allow mom and dad to stay for two nights to try it out when they come visit. Cons: kitchen is really small and outdated

Great place to live!

The staff has been helpful and accommodating from the beginning. They helped get my parent settled every step of the way. Once they moved in, the other residents were friendly and welcoming which made them feel at home. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an independent living community.

Madison Estates is a wonderful place!

Offering 2 bdr for $2800 if we sign i...

Offering 2 bdr for $2800 if we sign in January. Very nice property. Like the hot tub. Great meals - 3 per day.

Very nice - Emailed the directorcosts...

Very nice - Emailed the directorcosts $2,600.00 for 1 Bedroom but he would go down to $1,900. You emailed Mngr. on 11/15/11).

Nice place.

Nice place.

Nice facility...All inclusive

Nice facility...All inclusive

Current resident, enjoys living there...

Current resident, enjoys living there but needs closer supervision than they provide. Recommend this place to anyone who is very independent and active.

First place I visited. Parking was te...

First place I visited. Parking was terrible and staff driver was rude. Food was good and the staff seemed friendly with the residents. I wasn't interested in the "vacation" part of the sales pitch and I never was given the fees, only promised that it would be a great deal.

Good facilities. Seems to have a hig...

Good facilities. Seems to have a higher number for men than other facilities. Facility clean although I did see some mold in one of the showers.