Village on the Park at Steeplechase - Houston, TX

Embark on the best years of your life at Village on the Park. Enjoy active senior living at its finest. Our convenient location in Northwest Houston is within easy reach from downtown Houston, Galleria and the 290 corridor.

Imagine worry free and exciting lifestyle including a great social calendar, 3 delicious meals a day with a variety of desserts, housekeeping, limousine service, maintenance, and 24 hour staffing. Excellence is our standard and we strive to WOW our residents, each and every day. We offer you the peace of mind knowing you would be enjoying this wonderful lifestyle within a safe, beautiful and most importantly, fun environment.

You've got a lot of living to do; why not live your life the way YOU want in a community designed just for you? From exceptional, continuous dining, to social events galore, Village on the Park can provide you with all you need to live a great life.

Mom's New Home

I have been happy with the care at this community. It has been an outstanding more for my mom. The staff are attentive and caring to her needs. The menu is outstanding and she has been pleased with the menu. I know that my mom has been able to meet friends and likes that the community is clean and maintained. I like knowing that she is happy with being in this community and would recommend the value of the care to other families.

Mom's New Home

I like the care at this community. The staff are caring and attentive. We like the cleanliness of the community. The menu is appealing and she likes the variety. We like this community and my mom feels comfortable here. We recommend this community for good care and a nice value.

Single floor building!!

The main reason i had chose this community for my mother to live in was the fact that it was a single level building and a very peaceful environment. I also like the fact that they have a menu available to the residents throughout the day so if they don't make it down to meal time they will still be able to get something to eat. They have a great activity program available throughout the week as well. Overall I am pleased with how things are going.

Care and comfort

My aunt is happy at this community. We have found the staff to be very nice and caring to his needs. The community is clean and well taken care of. The meals are healthy and a nice variety. She is enjoying the activities that are offer. We would highly recommend this community to other families.

Too close to traffic!!

I have no complaints about this property, the staff was very kind and the building was very well maintained. All of the staff was very welcoming during our tour and gave my loved one and I lots of useful information. The only thing I did not care for was how close to traffic this location was.

Not worth the money

My mother has been in the Memory Care section for about a year. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful (I certainly couldn't do that job), but that’s about the best thing I can say.

The activities calendar is a joke. The food is dismal, unappetizing and not nutritious. Supplies are consumed at an unbelievable rate (1 gallon of laundry detergent and 75 bed pads in one week). Clothes/sheets/towels are frequently lost.

“I don’t know” is generally the answer to most of my questions. Staff turnover is high; every time I visit there is a new person and someone else is gone.

I expected a higher level of professionalism and service for $4,800/month. I'm sure there are worst places than this, but there are probably better places for the money.

Met with my mother for lunch at the Village. She is happy here, and enjoys the food. She especially needed this type of arrangement, as she had lost sixteen pounds living alone, and cooking for herself.

The staff are friendly and everything has a positive atmosphere. She seems to like the activities, and has joined in on those that are of interest to her.

We really enjoyed our tour of the facilities.The layout is on 16 acres, all one level. We put our name on the waiting list, ($$ required), for a cottage. A golf cart would be a good thing to have here.

O.K. so far except for an unresolved phone problem.

Have only been here a short time. All seems well for now, but there is an ongoing problem with the in-house landline telephone system in that there is activity on the line when the phone is not in use and busy signals, sounds of a phone being dialed, and no dial tone occur at times when the phone is in use. My telephone service/installer has checked my phone twice, replaced phone jacks, and concurs that the problem is related to the facility's phone system.

Happy

Very pleased so far. The staff is very pleasant. The directors are high-quality. Though we've only been there two weeks, things are going well. There is a nice spirit about the place. They try to please you in every way.

It takes a Village to raise a Senior!

Love this place for my Dad. Old people just seem to find something to grumble about no matter where they live. The big complaint here though is legitimate, cold food! The food may be good but when it's cold YUCK! It doesn't matter who you talk to they seem to think they have to live with it since they have complained but it hasn't changed. When you pay almost $3,000.00 to live somewhere it is not unreasonable to expect hot food.
The people and staff are so friendly and the grounds and common areas so beautiful. The holiday decorations from fall on were wonderful.
There are so many activities, there is always something to choose to participate in.
If they fix the food issue and once the hallway lights are upgraded, which is on the agenda, this place will be even better!

Anthony Ormsbee

Thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our beautiful 16 acres! Our number one priority is the satisfaction of our residents and their families. We continue to make improvements to our common areas such as the new carpet that was recently installed as well as looking at ways to improve lighting in our hallways. Delicious meals are key to a happy, healthy person and we want to make sure that every person has a great dining experience. We are constantly exploring options to keep our food fresh and at the appropriate temperature and will continue to do so.

Always willing to do whatever it takes

The Village has always been so kind and helpful to me especially during my wife's recent passing. The thought of having so many close friends just down the hall has given me hope. The staff are responsive and kind...always willing to do whatever it takes.

Great

The staff here is great. The apartments are nice and have lots of amenities. Anytime something needs to be fixed, maintenance comes right out and gets it taken care of. Overall, Village on the Park has been great.

It was very nice, and everyone was friendly.

My loved one recently moved out of this community. It was very nice, and everyone was friendly. My loved one was just running out of money and couldn't afford to live here any longer. A really great place though.

Great place

This is a great place with a wonderful staff. The facility itself has a warm comforting atmosphere and the residents seem so happy to be there. Great place.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Please contact us at [removed] if we can ever be of service!

very nice place

Village on the Park at Steeplechase is a very nice place. Nice apartment, nice grounds, and very nice and helpful people. It is very spacious, has nice parking and a garage.

The first week there was an issue with a smell in the apartment (something in the wall) but they came out and fixed it. So any time there are any issues, they are quick to assist. We have been very pleased and would recommend them.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thank you so much for your review and patience with us as we make your home just right! We are always eager to improve the service that we provide and encourage you to contact us at [removed] if we may ever be of assistance.

Like living at home

Its like living in a little neighborhood. Each cottage is yours to make it like your own. I was able to have my Sheltie named "Lady". I do not feel like I had to give up anything. The rooms are very spacious. All my children and friends are amazed at how cute the place has turned out to be. One of the ladies I met said you could do something every day if you wanted. I thank my Heavenly Father for all good things.

The staff were very nice and informative. The area seemed to be a bit run down.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thank you so much for your review! The Steeplechase subdivision has recently underwent a makeover! Many of the surrounding neighborhoods now feature walking paths, parks and much more. We hope you take the time to come back soon and see all of the great improvements that have happened.

Village on the Park ROCKS

My grandmother lives here and loves it! The whole community is very welcoming. The staff are friendly and know the residents' names. Plus there's always something going on for everyone.

Anthony Ormsbee

Hi Katie! Thank you so much for the review. We are so excited that your grandmother loves participating in all of our activities!

very pleased with the care and positive environment

My mother began her stay briefly at the independent living apt but became ill and after a lengthly hospital and skilled nursing stay she was able to return to VOP but to the Memory care as we waited for assisted living to become available. The staff was most supportive of us through this process. We decided it best to keep her in the memory care where she is very happy and receiving the attention and care that she needs. My mother was one of the first residents of the memory care. It seems that with the growth, VOP is taking the steps to maintain the personal care she has received in the past. She receives loving attention and the staff is very receptive to us, the family with any questions and concerns we have. The best critique I can offer is that my mother seems happy and secure and always happy to return after we, the family have an outing with her. The staff is very good at getting the residents involved in activities and visiting among themselves.

Very good at assessing needs.

My mother and father have been at the Village on the Park for only a month. They were very good at assessing my mothers needs an following through. The community is very very clean and staff are excellent and very friendly. They are very attentive and greet me with a smile, and address any concerns with me before i visit them. My dad has enjoyed some of the activities there, especially when the men's group went out to a restaurant. My mom and dad have a lot of good things to say about the food.

Anthony Ormsbee

We are delighted to hear that your parents are enjoying themselves at Village on the Park. Please do not hesitate to contact us at [removed] if we may ever be of service!

If I ever get to that point, this is where I am going.

The staff is very friendly, I would give them a six out of five. They are expanding and opening a memory care and Alzheimers. She does not like the food, it's maybe a two, I think other people there would say it's a four, but she doesn't like she thinks it's a little bland. If I ever get to that point, this is where I am going. It's a beautiful place and looks brand new, it's kept up beautifully. The people are really able to be independent and there are some very happy people over there.

This was a very nice place ...

This was a very nice place but unfortunately at this time it is only independent living and that won't work for my Mom at this stage in her journey. Possibly when they expand we can revisit.

Anthony Ormsbee

We now offer Assisted Living and Memory Care! Please give us a call at [removed] and we would be happy to provide you with any information.

Super Nice!

They were super super nice. The cottages were great. It really depends on what you need and what you're looking for. I thought this was a really really good facility. They had a mixture of people which was good an they are pet friendly.

Steeplechase was wonderful,...

Steeplechase was wonderful, and the closest to our house, but the apartments were smaller and the price was higher than Terrace.

Super attentive staff

I might have toured 50 or so properties, ultimately my mom was drawn to the Village on the Park's concept, more of a traditional home. This was not my first choice, but it was hers. The food is good and the staff is super attentive. There hasn't been enough time to rate their Care Services yet.

Independent living only.

Independent living only.

Anthony Ormsbee

We now offer Assisted Living and Memory Care services in addition to Independent Living. Please contact us today at [removed] for more information!

This place is very nice. It says it ...

This place is very nice. It says it is a cruise ship on land and it really is. The food was wonderful. Everybody was very nice. The cottages were great. The only thing about this one is that it is really above my money.

Was nice, saw a lot of residents out ...

Was nice, saw a lot of residents out and about. The cottages are not for Mom too far removed and she would have to drive a golf cart to get to meals. They are a single level facility, but that also means a lot of walking to get to meals and activities. Liked the small patio where I could do flowers, bird bath and bird feeder for her. They have their own safety pendant system. They have the "safety button" to check in each day. They do not have set eating times, they serve 3 meals a day, you can eat anytime during the hours of 7 - 6.

Anthony Ormsbee

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback and knowing which amenities and services are important to you. Please contact us at [removed] if we can ever be of service!

Yes, heated pool? The common rooms lo...

Yes, heated pool? The common rooms look utilitarian, but the emphasis seems to be fun activities. Too extraverted?

Anthony Ormsbee

We pride ourselves on having something for extroverts and introverts! From our book club, ladies lunch, men's coffee to shopping trips and much more, we offer something for everyone! Please give us a call at [removed] if you have any questions!

Very nice and friendly. Like it a lot...

Very nice and friendly. Like it a lot. Recommend it.