Brookdale Champions - Houston, TX

Brookdale Place Champions provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Assisted Living where everything we do begins with care. We also offer Alzheimer's & Dementia Care, where we strive to provide our residents with daily moments of success. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Not the right fit...

When we toured Brookdale Champions, it was a very nice place with nice people. The main thing with this Brookdale was that it did not meet my mom's needs. It was a clean place, though.

Finance Department is unorganized.

Love the facility however their finance department is lacking. A check was written on 11/30/16 as rent for my mother's move in on December 3. I specifically told them not to deposit the large check until I had a chance to transfer monies from one account to another. Later that day I called again telling them not to process the paperwork or payment until I got back with them as my sister was coming in from out of town to visit their facility. On December 9, as I was driving out of town to my daughter's wedding, I received notification from my bank that I was overdrawn due to that large check being deposited into my checking account. Their finance department said sorry and that I would be reimbursed by corporate (has yet to happen and today is 12/15.) I also mentioned the overdraft fee and was told they would check and see if that could be reimbursed. Not impressed!

Positive Atmosphere!!

So far everything is going well since my mother made the move into this community. I like this place a lot personally, and so does my mother. The community offers a lot of the group activities in dining halls, no one in a wheelchair in the corner not doing anything which I really like. The place is very cheerful and they always have stuff going on. The staff is very helpful and the place overall is very laid back. We are very happy with our decision.

Brookdale has amazing staff!

We have been very impressed with the Brookdale communities in Houston, TX. The community Brookdale Champions is very nicely kept.The staff were very pleasant and easy to work with. They provided detailed information and are able to address all of our concerns.

Over The Top Staff!!

I would recommend the Brookdale Champions to family and friends. They have been providing exceptional care for my mother. Everything is kept clean and organized. Some activities are offered as well as healthy meals for the residents. My mother is still adjusting a little but things so far have been great.

It's a very nice place, and we liked the people there.

It's a very nice place, and we liked the people there.

Individualized Family-Feel

This is probably their smallest location, and because of that it helps so much for my loved one to get a more individual family feel. And that is how they operate and it's very comforting knowing that she is there. It has been real good.

Exceptionally Helpful

Everybody has been exceptionally helpful with the move-in and with any questions I have had since then. As far as the facility and the employees that work there, it has all worked out very well. I didn't know some of the information regarding costs at the time of move-in, and the cost and additional fees for additional care was a surprise.

Short but Great Stay

Unfortunately, we did not get to use Brookdale Champions very long as my father unexpectedly took a downward turn in his health. He was only there for a month and three days. We really loved the care there and wished that it had been a longer stay. One thing I will say that the last 5 days my father was there with Hospice care and the staff at Champions went over the top in taking care of him. I appreciate all the love and care that they have shown to him and to my family.

Great Place for your loved ones.

The staff is very attentive to all the guests and bend over backwards to accommodate special needs and requests. They are diligent in seeing to all the details of guest care and guest requirements.

I have personally seen the change in my mother as she is now making more friends. She enjoys the activities by what I call their "cruise director" and their special outings and trips. She is becoming more active again.

I would highly recommend this special place for your loved ones.

AND they have great cookies!!

The staff is really informative and initiated to me and my loved on what's going on. They have a lot of activities and their is no way you could play all of them in one day. It is a nice community and glad we chose this one.

I have been pleased so far.

I have been pleased so far. Especially the quality of the people. It's still new, and a big adjustment for mom, but I am happy with them so far. They are pretty comparable in price to other places around.

Good So Far

The facility is a good atmosphere. They take really good care of my loved one and that is my main concern. The nurses and staff are always their and being initiative. Everything is clean and not dirty. They have some activities.

It's immaculate, and the staff is really friendly.

It's immaculate, and the staff is really friendly. She loves the food. Her only complaint is that the portions are sometimes too big. The parking is not great, and it can be hard to get a space. It would be nice if they were a little more proactive if they see a resident having a difficult time. We chose it because it's in a good location for us to visit, and we also liked how clean it was.

Seemed nice

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall. The facility was clean and well kept, and the people were friendly and helpful.

We looked at this Brookdale, as well as another

We looked at this Brookdale, as well as another when we were looking at places. This was a little more confining. They didn't really have a good outside area either. The other Brookdale had a courtyard.

extremely happy

We have been extremely happy with our experience with Brookdale Champions.

The staff has been wonderful, as has the lady who runs the place (Becky?).

They have really gone above and beyond. We put a cousin of ours in there that was in a difficult situation and needed a lot of care and attention, and what we got was more than we could have hoped for.

The chef there is also wonderful, so the food is very good too. All in all a great experience and we would highly recommend Brookdale Champions.

Very impressed...especially...

Very impressed...especially like Alcove Apt.May stop by to see again....and see if Alcove units are on 1st floor. Laura was excellent and really seemed to care.

Very nice place!

This place looks amazing! It looks like Tara from Gone With the Wind from the outside! We have one relative here, and were considering it for our more recent search for another loved one. Unfortunately they did not have availability for a private room at the time we were looking. Also, this is a larger community and we were interested in something smaller and more personal for the loved one we were searching for.

This home was beautiful.

This home was beautiful.

Liked the area as well as staff. This...

Liked the area as well as staff. This one had a larger two bedroom we could get and we are leaning toward this one.

nice place. director was very nice, ...

nice place. director was very nice, very helpful.

Loved it. The Director of the Memory...

Loved it. The Director of the Memory Care unit gave us the tour. We all loved the rooms, the staff and residents were all friendly. And all looked well taken care of. No smells. Loved the dining menus and ordering system. Loved the corners of each hallway with assigned staff for that area and notification of the days happenings. Nice hydration stations. Pricing was OK..cheaper than Hamptons which was a surprise.

Good place.