Elmcroft of Cy-Fair - Houston, TX

Elmcroft of Cy-Fair, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. We are conveniently located in northwest Houston. Since 1995 when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft home.

It Felt Too Enclosed

After having the tour here I felt this was not going to an option for us. The ceilings were low and it was dark through out the community. It felt like it was enclosed, almost like a [Removed]. The staff that I saw were not as friendly and welcoming like other places.

Very cozy atmosphere. The residents seem happy and well-cared for. There are lots of activities for residents to participate in, and a variety of social opportunities. Everyone has been very nice and welcoming.

Needs more help

The place is very nice. My mom feels like she needs a little more help when going to the bathroom. People are also going in her room and eating her snacks.

The staff is always very helpful & very kind to the patients. The atmosphere is very family oriented.
The meals are very nutritious & good tasting.
The place is very safe.

Elmcroft has made my mother feel right at home. The director Brittany Morean is one of the most efficient, compassionate and knowledgeable people we could have asked for to head up this facility. Elmcroft cy-Fair is at the top of the game in my book.

When looking for a home for my brother, who needs assisted living, I visited Elmcroft of CyFair and was impressed with the light, happy atmosphere. Stephen had previously been in two other Elmcroft facilities, but this one seemed more like home. Residents are treated with respect and served according to their individual needs-with gentleness & love. The director Brittany is an upbeat, professional leader of a good crew.

Megan Strothman

Hi Ann - We are so glad to hear you have had a positive experience with Elmcroft of Cy-Fair! Thank you for the kind words.

My parent has been there about 7 weeks now. She really loves it. Good food, friendly staff, activities are good as well.

Only complaint by her is slow food service. Take about 30 + minutes to get served.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your parent is loving his/her new home! We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

Great facility. Mom loved it and felt very at home. The tour was very simplified, which is very needed for an Alzheimer's patient. Brittany kept the details to a minimum, not to overwhelm my Mom, but answered every question we asked with the needed details. After our tour, I asked my Mom what she liked and she replied, "Everything. This is where I want to be. Sign me up." She's looking forward to her move in date and making new friends. What a relief!

Megan Strothman

That is great to hear! We are glad you have had a positive experience.

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

They take very good care of my mother. My dad was here also until his passing. If there is ever a problem or concern, it is taken care of promptly!

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

Very inviting - always something to do. Very family friendly. Treated like family by the staff. Everyone is so thoughtful.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words, Judy! We are glad you have had a positive experience.

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

A wonderful neat clean place to live and the people that work here are very pleasant and helpful. Very organized.

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

Brittany is a great Executive Director. She has a good judge of character when it comes to hiring people and is not afraid of releasing someone if it is not a good fit. She introduces new activities, etc . to boost resident morale. The food quality and service is very good. I thoroughly enjoy the men's writing club and men's coffee. The weekly lunch bunch is a lot of fun! You never really know how good a place is until a disaster happens. Recently, we had a record rainfall in the area. We had no power. The chef went beyond the call of duty and arrived at the facility. He made coffee and fed us a cold breakfast. Brittany found a way to arrive to take care of us. This is a fine place to live! If I could give 6 stars, I would!

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

My choice for my Senior Living in this community has offered me a supreme happiness and security for my golden years. I feel deep loyalty for all of Houston's services for its citizens. I am grateful for Houston!

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

Elmcroft has a very welcoming atmosphere throughout. The staff are hospitable. We have clients and friends living there. Elmcroft stays on our referral list! :)

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

The people are nice and I like living here!

Megan Strothman

Thank you, Val! We are glad to have you!

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

Amazing place, warm, always feels like home when I'm visiting and they all care.

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

I love everything about Elmcroft. It is clean and good for Senior Living. Wonderful place! Great people and staff. Food is excellent.

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

I am not deliriously happy but feel very content.

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

My older brother has been a resident of this facility for one year. He has found a place which makes him happy - finally! The staff have been outstanding in every area to make his life enjoyable. High recommendations to all who are looking for a place for their loved one. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

We visited the facility unannounced and witnessed staff in action during a resident emergency. Was very impressed with their handling of it. Also was greeted very personably and professionally by receptionist. We felt a very warm atmosphere and have since come to understand why - the management and staff. Mom is happy and so are we!

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

The staff all seem to be very nice.

Unbelievably great place!

My Mom just moved in a week ago from a senior apt which only provided 2 meals / day 5 days week and she had to travel down across a parking lot in heat or rain to get to dining hall. She is 92. Elmcroft is beautifully designed ..all one floor, temp appropriate with a dining hall that mimics a fine dining restaurant !!!! She got get hair done at the beauty shop . But the real jewel are the care givers !!! They truly love elderly people and it shows! My mom is kind of shy so they seek her out and connect with her. She already feels safe there and I can't tell you what peace of mind for me that is!!!

Review of Elmcroft Of Cy Fair - Houston, Tx

The food is good. The majority of the people are wonderful and also the help. The facility is excellent.

Review of Elmcroft of Cy Fair - Houston, TX

The people are wonderful and really take care of your needs. There is always something going on - always lots to do.

Review of Elmcroft of Cy Fair - Houston, TX

Good. Food is great most of the time. Great people - residents and staff that are nice to talk to. They really care about you.

Review of Elmcroft of Cy Fair - Houston, TX

Absolutely wonderful community. Fabulous staff, always very professional and helpful. The facility is beautiful, always very clean and neat. This is the place I would put my family members.

Review of Elmcroft of Cy Fair - Houston, TX

I love the feeling of independence I get here. When I'm offered opportunities to do things - if I don't want to participate - it's ok. I live my life as I please. I'm still able to function mentally, but am very arthritic. Therefore, I need assistance in bathing and dressing and food service. Otherwise I can do as I please. I like the attitude of upper management - they want me (and everyone) to be happy and satisfied and try hard to accomplish this.

A warm, homey atmosphere & a vibrant community-- always something going on! Very caring staff, willing to help with any challenge.

They are treating Mom like a queen!

This is by far the best decision we made for Mom. Since the moment she's moved to Elmcroft she's gained strength and really enjoying herself. The staff have been great from the admin to the caregivers to everyone in between have been absolutely wonderful to Mom and treat her like a queen. The food is good and they have plenty of things to keep the residents busy. They're even working on getting a bridge club together just for Mom. We are very happy with the place and couldn't be more thankful!

Everything is Going Good

Everything is going good since moving my mother in law into Elmcroft. The staff is very good and I've had no concerns about the cleanliness of the community. Over all it been good experience for my mother in law and us.

New resident at Elmcroft Cy-Fair

Everyone at Elmcroft Cy-Fair is very friendly and always cheerful. The move in was a little rocky as far as getting everything settled but it may have been due to the beginning of the new year and holidays. So far we have been happy with the care my mom has received, the hardest thing for her has been adjusting to a new routine.

Amazing Staff!! FEELING OF HOME

This place is ALIVE! I was expecting a nursing home but this place is alive with activity and excitement. The staff bends over backwards to help and are really passionate about the residents. There are always activities going on and the Executive Director is really hands-on. When you walk into this place there is a feeling immediately of home. Once we walked in, we knew we had found THE PLACE!!

Average

Average

don't seem to have enough time to help

I would like to see the staff at Elmcroft of Cy-Fair help with her daily care more. They don't seem to have enough time to help and are a little understaffed. Other than that overall we have been pretty satisfied with our experience at this facility.

Elmcroft - Cy-Fair; a GREAT place for mom!!

The staff at Elmcroft are AMAZING!!!

They are definitely Resident focused.

Our move involved travel from out of state. Brittany & Karan worked diligently to make our transition fit our needs.

After a month, almost all the kinks have been worked out and we can all get on with the business of LIVING!!

Having medical providers come to Elmcroft has been a blessing.

Elmcroft is a mile and a half from my home -- I can come visit whenever I want. Now that I have the door code for access after hours, I no longer am setting off the alarm.

I feel my concerns are / will be addressed. I am being heard and respected, as is my family member.

We love it,

We love it, the staff are all very, very kind, and willing to go out of their way to make it wonderful. It's just a matter of getting used to the food, it's good, we have had it, it's just different than what our loved one is used to. I was so amazed when we walked in the first time, the head chef stepped out and introduced himself to us, as did the nurse and the other nurses and med-techs. Anytime we have a question they stop what they are doing, and help us. They were comparable in price to others, and I like the point system that they use. Other places felt like they were selling us, Elmcroft felt like they were opening their arms to us.

Helpful and Accommodating

They just need some additional staff, like more aides in the evening. I think they are hiring more people now, so it is improving, but that is really my only complaint. They have been real helpful with my mother and have gone out of their way to accommodate us.

Upbeat, lively atmosphere. Residents are friendly & chatty. Staff is extremely accomodating & answering all my questions in a timely manner.

dad is in a great place i like the staff there they are very very friendly i rate the over all a 4 star rating the staff is very helpful i rated the friendliness a rating of a 5 star rating the value to me was a 5 star rating as well

Elmcroft on Fallbrook

This place feels alive when you visit. That is one reason why we chose this for Dad. He has a suite with another gentleman and that not only makes it more affordable but offers social support for both. Kim and Brittany are awesome and really care about the residents. The food is delicious and the activities are good.

They are doing a fine job.

They are doing a fine job. She has been very pleased with Elmcroft. The food has been good, we haven't had any complaints about the food.

They are great.

They are great. The people are what set them apart from everyone else. These people genuinely cared for their residents. The residents are in charge, and everyone does what's needed regardless of their job title. If a resident needs their dog walked, and there is no one else the maintenance man will do it. We are very upset that we need to move our loved one due to a change in care needs. We really liked it here.

great

Great place. Awesome staff
They do really care for residents, it's not fake like other places.

good place

Everyone is friendly. So far, its all good.

Very nice facilities, nice ...

Very nice facilities, nice setup for semi-private room. Unfortunately won't be able to take sister at her level of care needed.

Abby was unable to meet me ...

Abby was unable to meet me - said she didnt receive the referral. Cookie (receptionist) and Danielle (housekeeper) showed me around. They were very nice but weren't able to answers questions, etc. Facility was dark and drab and needs updating. Don't this Mom would like it. Dining area very small.

Wonderful Staff

It was a difficult adjustment for my loved one. As for the food, it could use some improvement sometimes. Also, perhaps they could maybe serve smaller portions, since not everybody eats that much. However, the staff are wonderful. They've been great! They try to keep all the residents busy. "Cookie" was exeptionally helpful! The value is good, once you consider that they gets their meals, bathing and laundry included. The price is just more than I expected, though.

Very good care, in general

I had a loved one at this facility in the past, and they always did a good job taking care of her. They had some really outstanding nurses who were always willing to go above and beyond their duties, but also some were only interested in doing whatever tasks were assigned to them. But overall it was a nice place, and my loved one seemed to enjoy herself.

Mary Catherine was amazing....

Mary Catherine was amazing. She went above and beyond to show me the place and make me feel at ease with this difficult transition. I think that we are going with Elmcroft, seems to be best fit for our situation

Loved this place