Brookdale Cy-Fair - Houston, TX

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Warm and Freindly

Brookdale Cy-Fair is a nice place where the atmosphere is warm and inviting. It is a clean and well-kept community. I have not had a chance to dine there with my mom yet but the food looks good. The staff is friendly and attentive to my mom's care needs. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate. There are nice walkways and porches with rocking chairs to relax and enjoy the company of other residents. My mom seems to be settling in quite well here at Brookdale Cy-Fair. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Better Care Suggestions.

This community is not what we were wanting. We feel like they can make some improvments. The staff did not take care of my mom when needed causing her issues. We would recommend that they get a inspection of the community and make sure that they have enough staff members to cover the care for the residents. I would not recommend this community to other families.

A very good tour!!

Brookdale Cy-Fair was a nice place to tour. It was assisted living, though, and we were looking for independent living for my father in law.

I love [Removed] and the staff but the building layout was awkward and showed a lot of wear and tear.

Still adjusting...

My father is doing fair, he's had good days and bad days. They are doing what they can. The only thing he complains about is the meals, for the first month they were giving puree food and he was not too happy with that. Other than that, I feel that the staff is doing what they can to take care of my father.

A tour

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. The people were nice and knowledgeable. This community was just a little farther away and a little more expensive than the one we chose.

My mom's new home

This is a nice community. The staff are caring and very attentive for mom. The menu is good and she is happy with participating in the activities with the new friends she has made here.The community is very clean and we are happy to see her in a nice place for care. We would recommend this community to other families for a good value

Nice, Sweet Community, My Grandfather is Well Here

My grandfather is doing pretty well since his move to this community. It is a very nice community, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. He is going to be making the transition to assisted living here at this facility. It is nice they offer different levels of care, so we do not have to move him to another community. The staff is sweet, and very good. We know he is safe, and good hands at this community. It is a nice, small community. They do a good job with the cleanliness. Everything is working out very well, and I would recommend this community.

Nightmare Expereince

It has been a nightmare experience for us with this community. This is not a secure facility. My father, and as well as other residents have gotten out. In the beginning they told me they were a very safe, secure facility, but they aren't. The staff is pleasant for the most part, but there are a few members that could use some more training. They do a have responsible prices compared to the other community's I saw. This community may work for someone, but we have not had the best experience.

More transparency needed...

We were going to place my father here but decided against it. I was initially very impressed with Brookdale and even signed a contract on a room. What was off-putting is they gave the room that I was holding to another family and did not even inform me. It was supposed to be a two resident room and they gave it to another resident as a "single" room. When I asked about it they told me things were "first come, first served". I felt that this was very inconsiderate. I was also concerned when I told them my father's care needs and they said I was paying for the highest level of care but then the amount increased by $900 if he were to have a stroke and he was unable to feed himself. These two instances made us go elsewhere.

Not what we expected...

The Brookdale has been an okay experience, but they charge for everything a la carte. It really adds up in the end. I feel like they reeled us in with a lower price but then once my loved one is in there, they started adding on charges for things that we did not even know could be charged.

Poor communication!!

My husband and I have been trying to get a call back from someone at the Brookdale and they have been ignoring us. I am very disappointed in the Brookdale and for that reason, I would not recommend them.

They really care!!

The staff at the Brookdale have been doing a very good job taking care of my loved one. They are really working with us and giving him personal attention. It was an extra charge to get that attention, but it is definitely worth it. They really seem to care about him and communicate well with me to let me know how he is doing. I am happy with our choice.

Really Nice Community

This is a lovely community, but unfortunately my sister in law was not ready to make the move yet. We do feel this will be a good fit for her, and her needs when she is ready. The community looks great, they do a great job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is very friendly, and kind. Hopefully soon she can make the move here, it is a very nice facility. I would recommend it.

So far, so good.

Patience And Great Communication

My mom is adjusting to the community environment. It's been hard but the women have been very accommodating and are like angels for having the patience with my mom. I know my mom is safe and I can sleep at night. I have made calls and sent text and they have quickly responded. There is so much to do, when I visit I see the residents singing together and dancing with the staff. I feel she could benefit once she settles in. We have been invited for a party for the holidays and I appreciate all the help.

So far, so good

I liked that when there was a virus going around, they restricted the residents to their rooms and had them all take meals in their rooms to prevent the spread of the virus.

The best people!

The staff here are real friendly and caring. My loved one seems to be transitioning well. The staff played a big part in that by letting us come in and fix up her room before she got there. My love one also loves the food that they serve and the community is always kept clean.

Informative Guide!!

Brookdale Cy-Fair is a pet friendly community. They don't offer a variety of meal plans but they do try to accommodate families with any special meals. There is a beautician on site and resident parking available. I got to see their nice bedrooms and activities center. This was a great place with nice staff.

A Pleasant Community

My mother is doing well here at this community. It is good looking place, everything is very well maintained. They have a good staff, they are caring for her very well. I like that fact there are many activities offered. She is pleased with the food. It has been a pleasant experience for us here.

The meals are not the best!

My loved one is doing good since the move to Brookdale Cy-Fair. The staff are really good and have been very helpful. They offer a variety of activities which are okay. The food could overall be better cooked, seasoned, and served.

Didn't care for it.

The staff at Brookdale Cy-Fair were friendly and pretty good at sharing information about the community. The community is not very open and is a bit dark. It does not have a welcoming feeling and the community is oddly laid out.

Good Memory Care

My mother will be moving here soon into their memory care unit. It is a very nice community, and I know she will be in good hands. The staff and residents have been very friendly and welcoming. Everything is very nice and clean, they do a good job with the cleanliness. I'am comfortable with the care they will be providing her.

My Husband Is Doing Good

My husband is staying at this community and with good care he is now able to go home. During our stay here we had attentive, accommodating staff who always kept the community clean throughout. The staff also did weekly room cleaning with laundry. There were plenty of activities but my husband choose to not participate. The only issue we had is the meals that were prepared. My husband felt it was greasy, fried, and not properly served. The community is working on fixing the issues.

Not real happy

Don't really like it for my parent. Have had a few problems, mixed up medication, getting the help when it is needed. Not helping someone in need with all of their personel problems,I think they are short handed. Will move when we find something better.

We Are Very Pleased

Everything is going very well for my mother, I am surprised at how well she adjusted to the community. I am very pleased with everything they have done for us. The community is very nice and everything is nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they are very loving and attentive. They really took the time to really get to know her and her needs. I sleep good knowing she is safe and in good hands. The activities and food are amazing. We are extremely pleased and would recommend it.

It looks like this would be great for assisted living, but the independent living portion was too far from dining, and not connected by covered walkways.

Very pleased with Brookdale Cy-Fair!

We moved my sister to Brookdale. We are happy with it, and she is happy with it there and likes it. Things are going well, we are very pleased with it. They are flexible and open. I highly recommend Brookdale Cy-Fair. The food is also a five, we liked it and she does as well.

Working out very well!

Dad has been at Brookdale Cy-Fair for a short time now and it seems to be working out very well so far. He will be going from a shared room to a private room which I'm sure will make things easier. The staff are very nice and friendly and are really invested in the well being of the residents and attentive to their needs. Brookdale has plenty of activities for the residents and although Dad has some complaints I am very pleased with them.

I like Brookdale, but there have been some issues.

I like Brookdale, it's a very clean environment. The people are friendly. There were some issues with the shared room. They were not making sure to use the right resident's supplies. There wasn't much communication about issues or the solution they came to. There is a definite lack of communication, I haven't gotten a call once to let me know how things are going, and what's going on. One of the managers there isn't very easy to work with, she isn't very receptive. Mario was very helpful. Max and Jonathon have been excellent, and I appreciate their help. There have been some discrepancies, with the administrative, and financial side of things. The memory care area does smell of urine once you get back there. They could do a better job monitoring the people in there, and the caregivers could have a better attitude. I picked them because I was comfortable when I opened the door, it was Clean and Ann Marie was really nice.

Friendly Courteous Staff

Everything is going great since moving my mother in law into Brookdale. She has adjusted very well to the move. I have no concerns with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is very friendly and nice. Overall this is a wonderful community, they are very courteous and know how to treat the elderly.

I think it's pretty good, but there have been a few issues.

I think it's pretty good, but there have been a few issues. The food is cold, getting coffee in the morning takes a long time. There were issues with billing, and we haven't received. The staff has been okay, pretty friendly, in the beginning there were other people coming in his room in the beginning, and it took a couple weeks, and it seems like it takes a while for things to happen. It's very clean. We liked the price, and we liked the rooms.

good location

My mom really doesn't participate in the activities. She is fine with the services.

We felt like they worked a little hard to sell us.

This was our first choice for a long time. We felt like they worked a little hard to sell us. They were comparable in price, but it was all inclusive, and I would be paying for things I didn't use.

The staff are very attentive

The staff are very attentive at Brookdale Cy Fair. I would say they do need an additional staff member. Mom has fallen three times in two weeks and I think they just need some more staff there helping her and the other residents out. Other than that I really like the staff, they are very friendly and compassionate

terrible treatment

Brookdale at Cy-Fair is completely under staffed. My dad even got injured here. I have nothing great to say. Dad was in memory care and got terrible treatment. I do not recommend this place. Residents fall and receive no help. The staff keep residents sedated so they do not have to help them. The staff is also extremely impatient.

So far Brookdale has been pretty good.

So far Brookdale has been pretty good. I would give them a four out of five. There haven't been any major complaints or concerns. We went and tried the food, and it was pretty good. I am pretty happy with them at this point.

They are a very good facility. I think they need to hire more staff. I don't think they have enough for the shifts that they have and I know it's difficult to find people with that profession, but they have so many things to do that they can't get it all done. I think everything else is pretty good.

The place is looks pretty good & my brother is starting to adjust.

Overall it's been pretty good. The only issue was that when my brother first got there, it took a long time for him to see a nurse to get prescriptions for pain. He was without pain medication for a good while. It was kind of disappointing on how long it took. He ended up calling 911. On that aspect I wasn't real pleased with it. Other than that, the place looks pretty good. My brother is starting to adjust. He seems to like it better than when he first got there. (Value & Activities not applicable)

Most all of the employees are kind and friendly but sometimes I hear a couple of them being what I consider derisive of a residents problems...real and imaginary. These people are 100% deserving of our respect and should be treated accordingly and not have someone laugh at what they perceive to be real.

The residents seemed happy. The facility was clean and cheerful. The staff seemed very knowledgeable and helpful. However, I don't think my mom is ready for a memory care facility just yet. We need to get her medical issues more controlled. Therefore, skilled nursing is more appropriate for her at this time.

The medicine aides are rude, abrasive and poorly skilled.

decubitus ulcer

My mother has been a resident at Brookdale CyFair since April, 2013. She started out in assisted living but was moved to the dementia unit as her cognition declined. I was recently advised she was found to have a Stage 2 decubitus on her buttocks. I was told that this was because she always laid on her right side. I found this no excuse as she is supposed to be out of bed most of the days. I was advised it was first a red spot of which I was not notified. Now it is an open wound. This is nothing but [removed] on their part and lack of proactive intervention on behalf on my mother. Lack of early communication on their part has hindered her treatment.

Janis visited. She liked. ...

Janis visited. She liked. Memory care dining room not pretty

Emeritus is an exceptional facility for your loved one.

My family and I assumed that one of us would be able to take care of my mom, but her needs required more than any one of us could provide. We were quite nervous about placing my mom in an assisted living facility, but Emeritus turned out to be a godsend. The meals are great. The rooms are clean. There are all kinds of fun activities (happy hour, ice cream socials, bingo) for the seniors and their guests to enjoy.
I highly recommend this facility.

Waiting to see improvements

In memory care they are short handed on staff and some of the care is not as it should be. Some of the hygiene care for the residents get a little neglected at times. No place is perfect but this place could use quite a bit of improvement. They have a new director in the memory care. So I am waiting to see what improvements will be made. I heard she is looking to hire more people which will help greatly. We will see......

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at Cy-Fair isn’t meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We are pleased to announce that we have a new Memory Care Director in our family, and we are fully confident in their abilities to provide high quality care for our residents. Please rest assured that we have an appropriate amount of staff on hand to take care of all of our resident’s needs. If you have any further concerns regarding your experience with us, please don’t hesitate to contact our community management team.

This was not a place the sh...

This was not a place the should ever be referred. 1st impression is everything! The cook was working the front desk doubling as a receptionist, and tour guide. His cook jacket dirty and he seem to be a bit over whelmed . I can not begin to explained the feeling when my daughter and I went to the memory center, I felt like those poor people were just left in a dirty [removed].

Sam Pollock

We apologize that your tour of our community did not meet your expectations. Your experience is not typical, as evidence by the other reviews here. We do have a Manager on Duty to manage the front desk as well as facilitate tours of our community when our regular staff is unavailable, so we are unclear as to when one of our kitchen staff would have been at the front desk. We would like to hear more from you regarding your experience, and invite you to contact our community management team.

Very very nice. Exceptional...

Very very nice. Exceptionally wonderful and caring manager. So personable.

So far so good

My loved has only been there a little while, so it’s hard to know how to rate it. They are currently short of staff. I don’t think they have enough care givers. The ratio of caregivers to residents isn’t good. There is enough parking. The director and assistant directors are very good.

Very friendly staff and residents

Overall they've done a job here! The staff and residents are all incredibly friendly, and one of the main selling points for this community. We liked that the staff seemed to be on a first name basis with everyone. We also received a few personal references for this community. They're definitely worth a look!

Met with Mario and he was g...

Met with Mario and he was great. Very nice and informative. Seems like they have a lot of activities. Rooms were ok. Bathrooms not so great.

My experience

I've been impressed with the care in MemoryCare at Emeritus at Cy Fair. They have helped my family in how to enjoy the moments. With Moms memory lacking we have focused on the here and now. Also the training of how we wait for mom to agree and different ways of saying things to help mom has helped me so much in dealing with her dementia. Cathy, Lisa, Shantal are just a few of the great staff there. I will be forever grateful for helping to care for my Mom!

Looked great

We toured this community when looking into care for my loved one. It was a very nice place, it was well kept and everyone was very friendly. Unfortunately Mom would not have been a good fit with the type of care they were able to provide. The staff really were amazing though, they really bent over backwards to help us find a way to make it work both financially and care-wise. Even when it turned out we wouldn't be able to move her there they helped us look for other options that might work better.

Not a Good Layout

To me it was more like a nursing home. The independent living facilities were in a separate building and you had to cross a parking lot to get to the dining facilities. The food that I had there was good. The units were smaller, and I don't think it had a pool. I really think that it cost more now that I think about it. I think I'm getting a better deal where I'm at now.

Good place, but could encourage more interaction

The activities are n/a because she doesn't really participate, I think she's getting worse but I have seen some.
I really like it because the residents seem happy, it's an upbeat place although I think that they could improve on encouraging interaction between the residents and I know you can't really shove people together. One thing I've noticed is there's quite a few people sitting around in the common areas not talking, so it would be nice if the staff that's standing around too couldn't do more to encourage interation. It's like everyone is just sitting there doing their own thing, staring off into space and just waiting. Maybe the are waiting for something but it would be nice to just encourage more interaction.

Good So Far

So far, it's pretty good. My father-in-law has been there about two months. It's very clean and very friendly. I think it's a good value. My father-in-law is a homebody so I couldn't even tell you what the activites are like. The food is okay. He eats some of his meals there but he cooks in his apartment too. The apartment is very nice and clean.

Great!

Marsha who was my contact there was awesome. I would refer her to anyone. My dad passed away already but she sent a card and did everything she could to help. They were great.

VIsit this facility on 5/29...

VIsit this facility on 5/29. I really enjoyed speaking with Max. She provided a good tour of the facility and two rooms that are available now. The services were explained and pricing provided. Unfortunately, I'm not sure we will be able to afford this facility; but we will definitely keep this one a possibility. 285 sq ft $3045 mo Level 1 care $400 Mo Deposit to hold a room $500 refundable or can be applied to monthly rate Community Fee $2050 Community Fee - One time fee used towards repairs, Cleaning, Evaluation, extra cleaning of any accidents mom may have. $25 Mo Cable fee Includes 3 meals and two snacks a day, driving to Dr. visits within 10 miles; Laundry and cleaning once a week. On anniversay date of move in, 2-5% increase on monthly rent Scheduled daily activities, outings, beauty salon on premises. A place to have a family gathering and meal. On-site Chef will cater meal at a cost to be determined. They offer a 30 day trial visit at $99 per day plus the level 1 care of $400

Visted Emeritus last Tuesday. Was ve...

Visted Emeritus last Tuesday. Was very impressed with the facility.

I really did not like this place. Wh...

I really did not like this place. When you walk through the front door, it seems like a hospital or clinic. The others seemed more like home. A man there was wonderful. Everything was nice. But it smelled like a nursing home. My youngest daughter was with me -- all my girls have flash backs to when their grandmother was in a nursing home. I will not select this mone.

We liked alot. Very clean, very frien...

We liked alot. Very clean, very friendly, like the set up of the facility. Liked that it was all on one floor.

Very clean, airy and bright with nice...

Very clean, airy and bright with nice size rooms. Very expensive. Rooms priced according to which COF Option chosen.

Toured here and liked it.

Toured here and liked it.

Multiple level of care is good.

Multiple level of care is good.

A+ assist available for walking

A+ assist available for walking

The tour was great. The Director did...

The tour was great. The Director did a good job showing me around. I like the set up and the place. I do feel encouraged that she will do good in an asisted living environment.

This was a very nice facility and if ...

This was a very nice facility and if my mother had a little more income, probably where I would put her.

Really liked this. Loved the staff i...

Really liked this. Loved the staff interaction with clients. Met the chef and loved his attitude! Spoke with several residents. All seemed happy and cared for. Prices were very reasonable. Loved being able to have pets. Within 10-15 miles of home.

Liked this one a lot just only had 1 ...

Liked this one a lot just only had 1 bedroom for independent living though. The staff was very nice and friendly.

Seemed like a possible place for Rose...

Seemed like a possible place for Rose if she moved into AL. I was not favorably impressed with IL common areas, but BR nice sized. Staff very attentive. AL base rent + up to 5 lev of care.

Really like the location and the pric...

Really like the location and the price is good. I am first in line on the waiting list. Right now this is our first choice.

Very nice facility for the more able ...

Very nice facility for the more able minded, but Dad would have struggled here. The overall operation is great for the senior that can't or just no longer wants all the burden of living totally on their own.

Very nice, but independent living is ...

Very nice, but independent living is a separate building. More of a nursing home feel in assisted living area but clean and nice. Older.