Brookdale Spring Shadows - Houston, TX

Brookdale Place Spring Shadows provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

The Other Tour We Had

The tour was nice but to me the facility seemed liked it was dark. I did not see a lot of natural light and it felt dismal. For the age group that was living there, I am sure they are use to the outdated look. We wanted to make sure we did not have any guilt, second thoughts or worries. The pricing was reasonable but overall we felt this was not the best fit.

Very thankful for this place!!

I can not say enough great things about this place and everything they have done for my mother. I am very comfortable with the care they have provided her and would highly recommend it to anyone. Every time I come by there is always a staff member engaged with her and making sure she is comfortable. She feels safe and looks content in her living environment and that is all I could ask for. Overall wonderful atmosphere.

Happy Brother and happy care

My brother is happy here. The community is nice and clean and well taken care of. My brother has a device that he can wear in case he falls or injured. The staff is very friendly and the staff has been there for a long time. We have had lunch with my brother and the food was wonderful.

Great Care

I am happy with the care that my mom is receiving here. The staff is caring and wonderful. The community is very clean and well taken care of. The food can use a little improvements. They do offer activities. I recommend the great care here for other families.

It Was Nice Touring

It was a good tour when visiting the community. My guide was informative about the community. From what it looked it was clean and there is good interaction with the residents. It is a very nice place but I didn't feel it was the right place.

Very great place!

The Brookdale Spring Shadows is a beautiful community. It is very well kept and updated throughout. It was very clean when we visited. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to answer all of my questions and concerns.

Mon is Getting the Care She Needs

We are very pleased and can relax knowing mom is getting the care that she needs. We feel blessed to have found this place and I highly recommend them.

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job overall at Brookdale Spring Shadows. Every time I have visited the staff have seemed friendly and caring, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. The food has always looked pretty good, and they seem to have a good variety of amenities and activities they offer the residents!

Not a good experience

Our experience with Brookdale Spring Shadows has not been a good one. They have a lot of problems across the board. They miss a lot of details when it comes to the cleanliness, the glass on the windows and doors always looks dirty and they're not very thorough when it comes to cleaning the individual rooms, either. One of my biggest issues is with the food. Their meal service needs an overhaul, from the staff to the food itself. The kitchen staff is unprofessional, and any time I have seen the cook he is wearing inappropriate clothing and not wearing a hair net. The food is poor quality, mass produced, and reheated. I've spoken with quite a few of the residents and none of them are happy with the food, the long term residents said it has really been going downhill.

Horrible food

People pay +/- $4000 per month to live here. The place is pretty nice, but the food they serve the residents is shameful. A soup line at the Salvation Army serves better food than this place. If you have a relative or friend who lives here, stop in unannounced for a meal sometime. You'll be shocked. There is no selection of entrees and, if they have a dietician, they should be fired. Any school cafeteria has better food than this place. It's pathetic and disgusting.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place, overall! Unfortunately it was a bit too far from family members to be an option for us, but it is definitely worth a look!

They were our second choice, and had fine care.

We toured here when we were looking. It was between this and another Brookdale. They both had fine care. Ultimately we chose based on the location and what was easier for people visiting her to get to. This looked like a good option too though.

I really like this place

The Brookdale Spring Shadows is a great place. I really like it there. Cleanliness and friendliness is wonderful. Great caregivers are wonderful, but I would suggest on care services, there are some improvements to be made. I have to say though, there is one lady, who has no patience and just doesn't seem to be enjoying her work too much. The manager of the property is just wonderful and everyone loves her. I plan to speak to the manager about this person. Otherwise, the place is wonderful.

Home-like atmosphere with friendly, caring staff

I placed my husband in the memory care residence at Brookdale Spring Shadows 2 months ago, transferring him from a memory care facility he had resided in for 5 years. I am pleased with the move. I enjoy the home-like atmosphere. The caregivers (as well as the office, medical and maintenance staff) are friendly, dedicated and caring towards the residents and their families. I love that the caregivers are actively involved with the residents throughout the day, offering constant support and encouragement. Daily activities are provided, keeping the residents as mentally and physically engaged as possible. It is clean, the food is generally good and the menu varied. I like the location and believe the cost is commensurate with the care provided. Overall, I would recommend this facility.

They were very mercenary. Everytime I...

They were very mercenary. Everytime I turned around, I was getting another bill for something. They wanted us to use their pharmacy, and then bill us for everything. They made us feel like we had to buy their hospice service. The people were very kind and the place was nice and clean. Their caregivers seemed to be okay, but it was their overall mercenary attitude that left a very sour taste in our mouth.

Took great care of my Dad

We think very highly of the staff.

It's Okay

We looked at 10 places before I moved my mom to this facility. It is nice but, she is not happy there. It seems like there is not much to do. Also the $3600 just pays for a roof over her head and 3 meals per day. If you want or need anything else, there is a added price and the add-ons are very expensive.

More Expensive

This one is in my neighborhood but it's more expensive than another Brookdale community that was running a move in special.

Accommodating and Understanding

We chose The Hampton because of its proximity to our home. The staff was very understanding about our situation and really was very friendly and helpful. We are very pleased with the services they provided us and we would recommend them to anyone.

Toured on Aug 6, Nice facil...

Toured on Aug 6, Nice facilities, separate building for memory care, nice screened patio for residents, scheduled events printed/displayed

Very good amenities, lovely grounds, ...

Very good amenities, lovely grounds, large, new apts. Lots of activities. Small community that would be easy for Mom to make friends in. May not have enough care givers for Mom, since she requires quite a bit of assistance, especially in the mornings. Will need to visit again.

Visited with mom. She liked. Still ...

Visited with mom. She liked. Still not decided.

Top notch facility. Very clean and w...

Top notch facility. Very clean and well kept. I was impressed with the entire staff. This is going to be my great aunt's new home.

Smell in whole area. Kitchen in separ...

Smell in whole area. Kitchen in separate building. Do not like bathroom facilities in semi-private; private is better. Resident must take meds when given; diversion is created if patient says "no" to meds. Caregivers too busy to come back with meds. Doubt that would work with father-in-law.