Villa Rancho Bernardo - San Diego, CA

Villa Rancho Bernardo - San Diego, CA has yet not published prices.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

They are very responsive to his needs, and always positive and encouraging. They provide as much of a cheerful environment as possible. The facility is nice, parking is the only issue. His nurse has been helpful and responsive when needed. The nurses are all good.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

They take good care of him. The food is not good though. The therapists are getting him to walk and using a bicycle. The staff are all very friendly. The nurses are very good. Communication is very good too.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

My loved one said it is good with PT. The nurse was nice on the phone but some information from the nurses was not forthcoming. It used to be extremely clean four years ago but I do not know now because I have not been there to see him. Most of the nurses there do not speak English as their primary language but they are very nice.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

The nurses and assistant people are pleasant. They have all been friendly. My loved one grumbles about everything but my experience has been good. The facility looks good and it's all clean. Communication is good and fine. Sometimes the meals are good and sometimes horrible.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

I have had experience with other facilities and the difference here is night and day. They take time to call me. I did not think it would go so long though. I ask certain people things and they have a really strong accent and it is difficult to understand them.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

It is a classy place. He has been at other facilities and they have more security here. I have talked to a number of the staff and they are accommodating and friendly. I talked with the social worker about Medicare and insurance. His room is clean and neat. Everyone is very nice. It looks very clean. The floors are clean and the room is neat. The restrooms are neatly maintained. They have all contacted me very quickly. I like the woman in the billing department

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

They are giving great care to him and attending to his needs and letting him be by the nurses' desk. The nurse calling to give an update would be good.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

We like it! Every time when we visit it's clean, and the nurses are very friendly. If there's anything wrong, they keep us informed. He's not used to the meals and would prefer Chinese food.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

One of my loved one's nurses was especially helpful! At night time there was a CNA who was also very nice and helpful!

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

I got good care and they were friendly and I got what I needed. I enjoyed working with the therapists. Issues got straightened out the next day except with the diet. When I needed any help the nurses would say they would contact a CNA for help. I had a couple of bad aides and four great aides. A couple of the evening and night aides were not very nice and then I complained and after that she was very nice. Most of the CNA's were great.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

It is a very good facility. We are impressed with the nurses and aides. The social workers and dietitians are wonderful. The nurses are outstanding. They give the patients white glove care. We have had several unannounced visits. He is well groomed, dressed and attending activities. We do not have to continually remind them of anything. It is easy to communicate with them. We as family members are hard to reach, but they do a very good job. They do a six month progress report and they go through the care plan and it is very good. It is very clean and smells good. He has loved the meals too.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

Everyone has been very friendly. It takes them a while to get to my loved one sometimes but that is understandable. The therapists are patient with her and making sure she does it. Everyone is very friendly. The staff has been very good about contacting me and making sure that I know what is going on. There is always someone coming in and cleaning. The meals are very appealing and they're bending over backwards to make sure she eats, and even providing 6 small meals a day. Communication is very good. When I ask they give me the information. They are very helpful.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

The staff are very friendly. It's clean and the linens are clean. The staff are slow getting there but did lift her in a hoist and shower her. I'm concerned no one feeds her or just lets the tray sit there. The nurses' station is too busy. I've met with admissions and social worker and they have been communicating with us, but I would like to see more communication. I try to get the nurse to talk to me and they were real busy and have not been able to get hold of them.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

Overall I'd recommend Villa Rancho Bernardo. I have been working with the social service department and administration. They have been very nice and helpful. The nursing staff has not provided any updates regarding her care. When my wife would participate in the therapy services they were very good about keeping her updated on her progress. I would then hear this information from her. The nurses do not seem to have many smiles on their faces. I feel as though the negative attitudes had a way of spilling onto the patients. It had a shortness about it. Also, the response time was not always as up to speed as it should be. I would see things on the floor that should not be there. Also, more attention could be placed in the bathrooms.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

I'd recommend Villa Rancho to a friend!

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

They are pretty good and I had to go there few times to sign paper work. He has improved a little bit in therapy. They have not called me much only about his care for the paperwork.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

Now they got it all in order, the care has immensely improved. They don't clean as often as they should though. The floors and bathroom need it daily.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

Our case manager is great, and I would return. The nurse in charge on shifts and case manager have been willing to communicate and answer questions, and keep in contact. The lobby is nice pretty and tidy, good decor. Overall every place is clean, he spilled one day and someone came in right away to mop it up after I told a nurse. The only downside was on the first day, there was a note on closet that said family will do laundry but noticed the next day the outfit was gone and is missing still.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

The head station nurse keeps in touch with me and so does the case worker. The facility has been slacking on things that have needed to be done for my loved one.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

They are patient in the OT and PT. They are very good. He responds very well to them. The staff are really good. I brought in pastries in for them. The RN's are very good with the medications given on time. They encourage him and they clean him. All of the nurses communicate well with him. The meals look good. The CNA's are understaffed but they try to do their best. We wait 30 minutes for help and there is no intercom. I have to flag down a nurse for help.

Review of Villa Rancho Bernardo

The therapy is one of the main reason use the facility. They are an excellent crew. Also it's very clean. However my loved one has been there two and a half weeks without a shower. It's not just the level of service, it is the attitude. They just try to do the minimum. Their personalities and demeanor are not good. I took my complaints to the head administrator and she investigated and apologized.

Built around two beautifully landscaped courtyards, we offer a mix of private and semi-private rooms all containing electric beds, private bathrooms and free cable TV hook-ups. We believe we must help each resident attain their highest level of independence and well being in an environment of utmost dignity and respect. Everything we do contributes to the healing process; the way the meal is arranged on the tray, sparkling clean rooms, captivating activities and entertainment and nursing care which is hallmarked by tenderness. We offer a specialized residential program for persons with Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Our specialty designed and secure units accommodate both ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents. Programming reflects the most current information available on working with memory impaired adults. Daily activities are tailored to the personal interests and abilities of our residents. Our "Family Care" consists of compassionate, specially trained staff, committed to meeting our residents ever changing needs. Medi-Cal application assistance available.