Palomar Vista Healthcare Center - Escondido, CA

Terrible place

My mom is here and it is terrible! The toilet was clogged, they didn't bring her any food, her colostomy bag leaked and they never came to help her. A sliding glass door blew out and the opening was left for hours until the repair man came in the afternoon. I changed mom's clothes twice because of leaking bag. No help from staff.

Maria S.

Well, when you drive up to the place and see the outside, there is nothing to write home about. But when you get inside, things are much nicer, especially the staff. I have been to several nursing homes and have been treated with complete disrespect by nurses and nurse assistants. That wasn't the case here. The staff did their jobs with pride and passion. I could tell they really cared about me as a persona and my health. All the therapists were great but the head therapist, RIno, was amazing. He really helped me gain my leg strength, even after all of my complaining. Thank you Palomar Vista for helping me get my health straightened, at least for the meantime.

A Little Disappointed

The food wasn't very good here. I wasn't real happy with the care here either. I was a little disappointed. It was okay but I felt like I wasted a lot of time.

At Palomar Vista Healthcare Center, we remember that you are why we are here, and we strive to provide you with the highest level of comfort and the best possible care. Our dedicated and compassionate team of professionals will work to create custom care plans around your unique needs and desires. You will receive quality meals catered to your dietary needs, rehabilitation therapy centered around your personal goals, and participate in activities that incorporate your interests and hobbies.

Our in-house therapy team brings the latest innovative rehabilitation techniques right to our state-of-the-art therapy room to help you return to a healthy, independent life at home. We are also home to the only Heart PARC program in all of San Diego County. This is a specialized program designed to improve quality of life for people with certain heart conditions, including post myocardial infarction (MI), post coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), post valve replacement, post stent replacement, and Heart failure (HF).

During your stay, we provide the utmost comfort with sparkling clean rooms, a light-filled dining room, beautiful outdoor spaces, engaging activities and excursions, and religious services for everyone who wants to participate. We accept Medicare, Medi-Cal, VA, and most managed care plans and private insurance.