Palomar Vista Healthcare Center - Escondido, CA

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

It seems they are caring and they take time to see if they can handle the food. PT is great! They've all been great to communicate with me.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

Everyone there is really helpful. This one is above the usual! Comparatively, this one is good, I would recommend it. My loved one enjoys the therapy. The staff talks with patients and they know them by name. They wash the floor every day. It looks clean, even the bathrooms. The doctor could communicate more, the doctor doesn't see them that often. The food is overcooked.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

My mother feels very comfortable there. If I could give the therapy team a higher score I would. People are good. The care is good. It's a very clean place. I see that everything is clean every day. The people are very well taken care of and the clothes are clean. She loves the food. They look for solutions right away and do things right.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

They have been amazing. Everyone has given me a call with what they do. My mother does not like activities and the therapist said she is not going to push her. They give her little prizes when she participates. I love the communication. The PT person is great at communicating and she put a lot of effort to help people who do not like to participate.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The therapist has been really great. They are wonderful people! They answer all of your questions and the staff is excellent. Everything is very clean but it is an older facility. The food is fine.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

We are happy with the experience at the facility so far for my father. Also, he is not enjoying his meals. He used the urinal over and over and it was never emptied. When I came to visit it was spilling on to the floor. I had to get a mop and clean the room as well as him. The staff helped me change the bedding. This worries me also because it could lead to health issues if he is not being cleaned properly.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

There is a shortage of staff to answer call room buttons. There is a lack of communication.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

Outstanding on friendliness. I feel like it is a family and a nice atmosphere to be in. The nurses are friendly and helpful. The staff is excellent, I would even give them a 6 if I could. They come and clean my loved one up, the bed, dust, and mop. They are on top of cleaning. Communication is excellent. My loved one was missing things from the menu. My loved one was dirty and looked like they had been laying there for a while.

Therapy was great.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

They work, encourage her and I can see improvement with the therapy. All things considered its up-kept. One room is done very well and it has everything go on in it from activities to dining, the whole 9 yards. I got phone calls had updates told to me when I was there and the communication is great. Initially, I was rubbed the wrong way in regards to asking questions but the director took care of it right away. It was a good experience after that and its been great.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

They are responsive and caring.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

I am noticing a difference in terms of the patient to staff ratio. At this facility, there are not as many CNAs for patients. Because of this wait time to receive help has been longer as well as not being able to accommodate our requests in general. The program does not necessarily have a great selection or provide as much as it should. I feel as though they lack equipment. Today when I visited, my loved one was lying in bed and the bedding had not been changed after a particular incident.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

They were taking care of what needed to be done. They were friendly. Everything looked fine. They seemed nice when I was there.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The people are very friendly, helpful, and it does not smell. Rehab therapy is going well. Nursing care is good. Sometimes when I ask a question, they do not get back to me. I know they are busy. Communication is good, and I am always there. I like the nurse practitioner who has called me.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The staff were really nice, and my loved one liked the other patients. Rehab therapy went really well. He was able to come home sooner than expected. The nurses were helpful and accommodating. I have no complaints about the staff. They made accommodations for my loved one's diet. I was able to get in touch with them if I needed to.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The staff are very knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, friendly, and share with me any time of the day if there's anything she needs. It's like family there! I like it! The staff are all wonderful. They are very watchful of what she eats and doesn't eat. It's good, but not gourmet. Nursing, social service, nutrition, and the director of nursing are all very good at keeping me up to date.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The people, the atmosphere, quality, activities, therapy, the entire bundle, is great! I am very seldom impressed, but I am very impressed with this place! Nursing is all very competent.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

They are providing good care. My loved one is always happy with the meals.

Everything is great!

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

They helped my loved one. She got good physical therapy. She is up and moving around. It is clean. They serve typical hospital food--not too much salt or spices.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The care is wonderful, they are responsive to patient needs. They are caring, nurturing, supportive. My loved one has done so well under their care. The physical therapy is fantastic, activities are excellent, it's clean, and she's happy there. The dining area is small, but it is a smaller facility, so I think it's adequate. A lot of the patients prefer to eat in their rooms, but it's nice they have the option. The food is very good, it looks nutritious. If there's any issues, like if it's too cool, they heat it up for her right away. Communication is very good, but we haven't met with doctor yet. If I ask questions, they make time for me, but I would like just a little more updates.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The person who oversees the therapy is great. The nurses are really busy, and the care is fine. It is pretty worn down, but it is clean. The baseboards are gross.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

Overall, it is good. The nursing is excellent, but the CNAs do not have a very friendly attitude.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

They are providing good care. My loved one is always happy with the meals.

Everything is great!

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The staff were friendly and it was clean.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

At first, it was a little hard with being with my loved one and having other patients in his room, but it is okay. The nurses are doing a great job. I like the LVN. I noticed that they clean every day and nothing is on the floor. They do a great job with that.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

There have been a few issues we worked through. They are really friendly there. They make sure his transportation is set up for appointments. It seems to be clean and very welcoming. There are flowers, and the floor is really clean.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

There seems to be quite a difference between the night shift and day shift CNAs. The night shift takes much longer to get to the call lights to give care. The cleanliness is excellent, although I would like to mention that it seems as though the bleach smell can be overpowering at times. The food is horrible, very dry. We take food to my loved one every day. She is not the only resident complaining about the meals.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

My loved one is happy there; that's the most important. At first, there was an issue with the nurses, but it was resolved quickly and it has been great since. The staff are very nice. They keep me updated. The communication is very good.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

Overall, it is excellent. The nurses are very concerned about my loved one and take good care of her. The staff are cooperative and very helpful. They do an extremely good job keeping it clean. The food is very good. The communication is very good.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

I've only visited a few times, and it seemed fine. The front desk person was friendly, but that was the only person I encountered. It's not the newest facility, but it's okay. My loved one says the food is good. They called and told me discharge date.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

Overall, it is pretty good. The rehab therapy is very good. My loved one loves it. The staff are really good for him. There are smells around, but it is clean. He does not like the food at all. They did call and are good at communication. The only problem is paying for transportation every time he has to go somewhere.

Review of Palomar Vista Healthcare Center

The call button doesn't work really. My loved one is doing everything on her own. They told her others need more help. She is doing good but if she was at a place where she needed more help, I would not recommend this place. She can do things for herself, so that's good because at first she couldn't really, so not responding to the call button when she needed help was not good. She liked the rehab therapy. They told her they were going to release her but didn't say when or what day, so communication is not great. I'm assuming they talk to her since they haven't called me once.

Terrible place

My mom is here and it is terrible! The toilet was clogged, they didn't bring her any food, her colostomy bag leaked and they never came to help her. A sliding glass door blew out and the opening was left for hours until the repair man came in the afternoon. I changed mom's clothes twice because of leaking bag. No help from staff.

Maria S.

Well, when you drive up to the place and see the outside, there is nothing to write home about. But when you get inside, things are much nicer, especially the staff. I have been to several nursing homes and have been treated with complete disrespect by nurses and nurse assistants. That wasn't the case here. The staff did their jobs with pride and passion. I could tell they really cared about me as a persona and my health. All the therapists were great but the head therapist, RIno, was amazing. He really helped me gain my leg strength, even after all of my complaining. Thank you Palomar Vista for helping me get my health straightened, at least for the meantime.

A Little Disappointed

The food wasn't very good here. I wasn't real happy with the care here either. I was a little disappointed. It was okay but I felt like I wasted a lot of time.

At Palomar Vista Healthcare Center, we remember that you are why we are here, and we strive to provide you with the highest level of comfort and the best possible care. Our dedicated and compassionate team of professionals will work to create custom care plans around your unique needs and desires. You will receive quality meals catered to your dietary needs, rehabilitation therapy centered around your personal goals, and participate in activities that incorporate your interests and hobbies.

Our in-house therapy team brings the latest innovative rehabilitation techniques right to our state-of-the-art therapy room to help you return to a healthy, independent life at home. We are also home to the only Heart PARC program in all of San Diego County. This is a specialized program designed to improve quality of life for people with certain heart conditions, including post myocardial infarction (MI), post coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), post valve replacement, post stent replacement, and Heart failure (HF).

During your stay, we provide the utmost comfort with sparkling clean rooms, a light-filled dining room, beautiful outdoor spaces, engaging activities and excursions, and religious services for everyone who wants to participate. We accept Medicare, Medi-Cal, VA, and most managed care plans and private insurance.