Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

My mom loved Victoria Park, the tour guide was very good at his job.

I was impressed with this facility. The co-ordinator that gave us the tour was friendly and informative

Still A Work In Progress For Us In This Community

My mother is still taking some time to adjust with her move to this community. For the most part I do feel comfortable with her move to this community. However there is some room for improvement in some areas around this facility. When we first toured the community, the suite we were shown was nice. They informed us that all the suite looked the same, but they do not. Her current room does not have the features that she needs. Also they have their private home care agency they work with, I was not informed of this. I have been informed by (free) government home care, they will NOT come in. They do serve good meals, and everyone is very kind, and friendly. It is still a work in progress for us in this community overall but management and me are working on this.

As for my rating on activities, I continuously see their private bus available to all the community at the door ready to load! Unfortunately, I know my mother will not partake in any of this but other residents I have spoken with are very active with the program.

Bright and Cheerful

We chose the Victoria Park because it was a bright and cheerful building. It also helped that we knew one of the other residents that also lived there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting and the staff already knows our names when they greet us. My mum really likes the meals they serve. They offer activities for the residents to engage in. There are benches placed around the community for the residents to sit outside and walkways to enjoy the beautifully well-kept landscaped grounds.

We are happy with this community

I have not heard anything negative about this community. The staff are really nice and helpful. The community is clean and it is a nice environment. The grounds are well taken care of. They have a full dining room and the food is good. I would recommend this community.

Content with the care!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff are polite and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing her. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in the activities with the other residents. Overall its been a great place and I would recommend it to anyone.

A very nice place

Overall I think Victoria Park is a very nice place. The facility is beautiful, the food is good, and the people that work here are awesome. However, this community is completely independent, and going in we assumed they offered some degree of assistance, so be aware of that if it might be an issue for your loved one. One other problem we had is that when moving in we had to sign a three month contract, but our loved one ended up needing to go to the hospital after about a month so we had to pay for two months that he was not even there.

A great community.

I like living in this nice community. The staff is nice and very attentive. The community offers great meals and there is an excellent variety to choose from. The activities are nice and making friends has been nice here. I would highly recommend this community for a great place to live.

Victoria Park Review

My aunt moved to Victoria Park from Edmonton in July. The staff and management were very helpful in making sure we had what she needed in place. While there she was able to get the care she needed on a daily basis. She chose not to go down to the dining room for meals because her health was declining, so her meals were delivered. Her suite is bright and spacious, and everything she needs is available. It is a great facility and we are thankful that they had an opening for our aunt.

Elevator issues.

Whey mother took ill she could no longer live alone so A Place for Mom recommended I tour Victoria Park. I was very impressed with the cleanliness, spaciousness and friendly/homey atmosphere. My mother moved in a week later and has been very happy there. The meal selections and food are very tasty and nutritious. Her suite is clean and bright. I have only one complaint about the building which I am sure is common from anyone residing there. The place only has one small elevator. This is most inefficient and cumbersome given 3/4 of the residents use walkers and only 5 or 6 people can get on at one time. Given there are around 130 residents I can't imagine this is even to building code. I noticed the EMS can barely fit their stretcher in the elevator when transporting a patient.

Set on picturesque grounds in the town of Red Deer, Alberta, Victoria Park has been a trusted choice for area seniors since 1998. Our retirement community provides comfort, convenience and an all-inclusive range of services designed to give you the freedom to live as you please. We’re close to shops and restaurants plus attractions like the Waskasoo Park, the ENMAX Centrium and the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame. With a 24-hour staff available to assist you and a welcoming group of interesting neighbours, you’ll love being a part of the Victoria Park family.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.