Ironwood Estates - Saint Albert, AB

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

very nice community and services. I think mom is considering this one ;)

Review of Ironwood Estates Saint Albert, AB

The experience that my grandmother and her family had with Ironwood Estates was a wonderful one. I can not say enough good things about the place. The services and activities they provided were outstanding and it was nice to see they extended it out to family as well.

Our thanks to [Removed] for an excellent tour of the facilities and taking the time to answer all of our questions. the facilities are older and are starting to show wear and tear but are in pretty good condition.
[Removed] explained that the facility is going to get upgrades to all of the common areas over the next little while that will I am sure make the place even more appealing

Peace Of Mind Knowing My Father Is In A Good Community

I'am satisfied with my fathers move to this community. He is doing well, and everything has worked out great. This is a good community with kind people. They have a good staff, and they are great to work with. I do feel less stressed out because I know he is in good hands. They do a great job with the cleanliness around the facility. There are good activities offered, and nice meals provided. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends. It has worked out very well for us.

We were really impressed with the facility on our tour; the brightness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff. My parents look forward to moving in this weekend.

Overall, i am pleased with the facility. The care is adequate and staff appear to be friendly every time I have visited.
The facility is clean and well kept, and lawn and garden areas are quite presentable.
Meals are very good and snacks are always available. Staff in dining area are pleasant and do many things to please residents.
There are daily and weekly activities and it appears that most residents enjoy one thing or another.
This facility is priced quite high in my opinion for amenities received, and there is no assistance from health care services. This is totally a private facility.
Lastly, i'm not sure if all staff are experienced in dealing with seniors who have onset or second stage dementia which can be challenging, but they do try to resolve situations quickly.

Very pleased with Ironwood Estates

We are very pleased with this facility for our family member. It is a very nice looking facility in a nice neighbourhood, the staff are friendly and helpful, the food is good. The services are excellent. I would recommend this facility to others.

She likes it there

I believe she likes it there. I have not heard anything to the contrary. We do not have any complaints with the facility and are happy with it so far. We are glad we chose Ironwood Estates.

Wonderful Director

Unfortunately my sister needed more care than this community was able to provide. However her experience in this community was a wonderful one. The director of the community is amazing. She was beyond helpful, and caring towards my sister. She still calls to check up on her. This wasn't the fit for my sister, but it is a community I would recommend overall.

Mother Doing Well

This a really nice community, and my mother is doing well since her move here. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is nice, and friendly. When I visit the community, and her room is nice, and clean. It has been a good experience for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

We were graciously interviewed, and given a tour of one available unit. The person on whose behalf we were searching loved the place, the particular suite, but rejected the opportunity to move there.

We as her "helpers" are most disappointed. However, top marks for Ironwood Estates and [Removed].

Apartment is very clean!!

I thought the apartment was very clean for my mother when she was moved in. It has a full kitchen and lots of extra space for all of her personal things. I like that they have a common area where all of the residents can go to enjoy activities together. The staff have been wonderful to her and overall we are very pleased with how everything has been going.

Very pleased and impressed. Felt residents were priority. Felt most like home.

Perfect place to retire or stay for a short period of time

I stayed at Ironwood from [Removed] while my wife was visiting ourin the USA. I found the staff to be very friendly and courteous, the choice of food excellent, and the tenants also friendly and helpful. Over all I would recommend Ironwood for anyone looking for a place to live .

A place for a friend where she can thrive.

We needed to help place a handicapped senior neighbour and friend. We were pleased to hear about Ironwood Estates' pet policy, because our neighbour and her cat are inseparable. When we went for the tour, we were pleasantly surprised about the supportive staff, satisfied residents,
delicious food and a great, clean atmosphere where our loved one 's needs could be more than met and where she could thrive. We appreciated the flexibility of the business aspect of her move and would definitely recommend Ironwood Estates to anyone

A welcoming environment.

These are early days for Mom settling in and we are very happy with the support the whole family is receiving. The staff is warm and helpful, the food of high quality and Mom instinctively feels safe in the building and on the grounds.

Ironwood feels like home!

This is early in Mom's adjustment to Ironwood and she has had a setback and hospital stay but getting back to her new home is a motivator for her to recover. The staff are very supportive of all of us. We are confident the transition is going to be good. Mom comments often that ,"this is such a nice place."

A 'decent' retirement community.

By most part this is a fairly decent community...though the biggest complaint from the residence is
the quality and sometimes quantity of the food and the ever changing
staff that 'run' the place. Also, the location is great, but the building is getting dated.

Kate Vance

Thanks for your feedback; your valuable opinions help us continue to enhance the service we provide in our community. We’ll be sure to share your comments with our leadership teams. If you would like to share more, please reach us at [removed].

We absolutely loved this place when we came to visit.

We absolutely loved this place when we came to visit. They of course had no openings, because why would such a great place have rooms just sitting open. We were on the waiting list, but we needed something before we got a spot. A great place though.

Overall I think they do a pretty good job.

Overall I think they do a pretty good job. It's clean and the staff is friendly. A second elevator installed would be nice. I have been pretty impressed with the residents themselves. They have been friendly and welcoming, which I have loved to watch. They have been easy to work with when it comes to billing and the financial department.

Overall they have been pretty good.

Overall they have been pretty good. My loved one has lived here several years. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. The food has been pretty good, though over the years there have been a few misses. They seem to offer plenty of activities, and it really is a pretty good place.

Kelsey gave us our tour and treated us to lunch. The tour kept pace with my Mom and we were treated like we were valued. All questions were answered to our satisfaction and we were very impressed with everything we saw and heard.

I talked to Kelsey. He was very helpful. He called me right away. He definitely understands seniors and what they need. Very nice young man.

Set on beautifully landscaped grounds in the charming neighbourhood of St. Albert, Alberta, Ironwood Estates offers the comforts of home and the convenience of a simplified, all-inclusive lifestyle. Located just minutes from shops, restaurants, healthcare facilities and many local attractions, our retirement community makes it easy to remain connected to the area you love. Enjoy daily activities and events from our resident-tailored social calendar or explore nearby points of interest like the Sturgeon River, Red Willow Park or the Art Gallery of Alberta. Whatever you choose to do, you’ll love coming home to warm, welcoming neighbours and a friendly, 24-hour staff.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.