The View at Lethbridge - Lethbridge, AB

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Breathtaking views!

It’s always difficult when you’re trying to find the right place for your elderly parent to live and you really want to make sure that you find something that has a bright and uplifting atmosphere and that’s exactly what The View at Lethbridge is. Their staff is so nice and helpful, even if they don’t know the answer to something they always try and point you in the right direction. The food is really good too. The other residents are very friendly and welcoming and the community does a great job of getting everyone involved with fun activities like their Friday night socials, bingo, and even field trips. They have a bus specific to their facility and will drop him off at any door drop off that he wants to go. If the bus is down for some reason, they’ve even gone so far as to pay for his taxi! Their rooms are paid per square footage, so they get to choose what really works best for them and it’s so nice because some of the rooms have patios right off the rooms. Lifeline, cable, and transportation are all included. If I had to choose all over again, I would still choose this place. The only thing that I didn't love about is the lack of wheelchair accessibility doors. My dad is a smoker and the doors leading outside to the smoking area are very heavy and have no ability to open on their own. I hope they rectify this situation. Other then that my Father is very happy at the view.

Great all aspects

Overall My Mother is Well In This Community

My mother seems to be enjoying her time here in this community. Overall I'am satisfied with her move here, and I do feel she is in a safe facility. They have a great staff, and they have been kind whenever I visit. The only issue I had been with the move in process, they promised someone would help us. When the day came for me to move mother into her apartment, nobody was there to help me. Other than issue everything else is working well. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. My mother says that meals can become repetitive, they could use more of a variety to choose from. She is getting involved in the activities they offer. She would like more than basic cable in her room. This community is working in the right direction for us, and I would recommend it.

Good care for mom

I m happy with the care that my mother is getting from this nice caring community. the staff keeps me informed on any changes hat she may have. the community is clean and enjoyed. I like knowing that she is happy with the menu and the gritty of health meals. My mom is always busy with the activities. I would be happy to recommend this community to other families.

Feels like Home

My parents are doing very well since their move to this community. There were a few bumps in the beginning, but now things have gotten better. One of the issues was that they promised us they had a reliable dog walker, and she wasn't reliable. So we had to find someone on our own. Other than the few bumps everything else is working out very well. She is allowed to have her pets, and she does feel comfortable here. Even when she wasn't feeling well, they were very attentive to her. Overall it is a great community, and I would recommend it.

Great Place for Retirement

My only complaint is that the food is not as good as when my mom first got there. They might of changed the cook. I know that a lot of resident are not as happy with the food. Other then that, it is a great place filled with life.

Pets Welcomed But Limited Space!!

The View at Lethbridge is an enjoyable community. I love playing bingo and spending time with friends during activities. The food quality has had a change it was very tasty and fresh it has not been this way for a while. My pet needs more space to run around they don't like to be tied all day it makes me sad. It's a Fantastic clean community. Very recommendable to loved ones and friends.

Nice place, but AWFUL food

Great rooms, nice staff, clean, but TERRIBLE food. Really atrocious. Starch starch and more starch with not nearly enough vegetables. A dietician would be very unhappy to see the menu here. Meals are often burned or improperly cooked, and small steps that would greatly improve quality are ignored (for example, they do not ripen fruit before serving it, a real problem for seniors who can't eat hard things like unripe melon).

This place would get five stars if they had a proper kitchen, but it really is appalling how low the food quality is given the cost of living here. I will update this if, God willing, the quality of the food improves.

Kate Vance

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family and for reaching out to us with your concerns. We depend on feedback to continually drive improvements to our services. Each of our communities undergoes a detailed Quality Enhancement review at least once a year to assess performance categories, including the culinary experience. Unfortunately it seems our efforts still may have fallen short of expectations. I'm very sorry to hear that. I'll be sure to pass this along to our leadership team and if you’d like to speak in more detail, feel free to email me any time at [removed].

Will work with you to create the best possible transitional experience for your parent.

The Director Joy and the staff bend over backwards to help your parent adjust to the environment. My dad came from the hospital after having a heart attack. He needed lots of care so came with all sorts of health attendants that needed to be organized. Richard the live in manager was great with coming to the hospital so dad could sign the papers and talking to us about how to help him fit in. He is adjusting to having his biggest meal of the day at noon and having to respect others differences in not wearing his hat to the dining room but those are small prices to pay. We are looking forward to a day soon when he can have his dog Pogo join him. The View set dad up in a temporary room until his studio apartment comes available in a few weeks on the ground floor. So if you are looking for a place that will work with you and your parents then the View is it in Lethbridge. The residences seem a bit traditional and it will take time for my dad to find his place there. He is venturing out now in his second week and enjoyed the free bus ride to Costco to purchase some personal items.

Set on pristinely maintained grounds overlooking the Coulees at Lethbridge, The View at Lethbridge provides active seniors with a simplified, all-inclusive lifestyle and plenty of opportunities for fun, fitness, creativity and connection. Located near shopping, dining, health care and world-class golf courses, there’s always somewhere to go or something to do. Don’t miss the Japanese Gardens, Galt Museum, the Birds of Prey Center or Devil’s Coulee Dinosaur Heritage Museum. Our helpful 24-hour staff and a host of friendly neighbours make our community feel like family – and you’ll love being a part of it.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.