Chateau Three Hills - Three Hills, AB

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

This is a great place, I searched several other places in both Calgary and Edmonton prior to coming here only to find my place here at the Chateau. The management and workers here gave me the impression from day one that this is my home. I am free to come and go as I feel. I can decorate my apartment as I see fit and live in a manner as I want. Assuming of course that it is reasonable. The staff is always cheerful, concerned and accommodating. The facility has all of the amenities that I want. I am encouraged to be as involved as I see fit. Meals are delicious, healthy and served on linen etc, typical of a fine eating establishment. Patrons have numerous choices on the menu. Cleaning and maintenance of my apartment is provided regularly and as necessary, respectively. Field trips, activities and fun events are provided daily and attendance is optional.
Almost all of my spiritual, social and physical needs are met here. The monthly fee provides most of my needs.

Tough Time

We had been trying for two years to get my parents into a facility but with Mom's Alzheimer's we had a tough road to go on. Between health services not helping and trying to find a suitable facility it was very hard.
We moved my parents between Christmas and New Years because of work schedules. We had been to the Chateau before and had lunch and a tour of the facility, it is very nice. The management was very friendly and maybe a touch over selling what they could provide. Once placed my dad thought it was wonderful but mom wasn't sure.
A week and a half after moving in, the staff double up on moms meds and put her in the hospital, sick, but recovering. She never bounced back and went down hill from there. In an Alzheimer's patients mind this wasn't the place for her and she was placed on the crisis list when she tried to escape from the place.
My dad is still there but mom is now in a lock down facility. Dad will remain there until a time, when and if, they can be in a facility together. Mom, I'm now sure, will never be back there. Nice facility, as long as there's no complications.