Arbour Lake - Calgary, AB

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Buyer Beware

My dad was a very young acting 84 year old. Most people at the Home seemed liked they were just waiting to die. My dad wanted to live.
Old people acting and behaving and treated like very old people.
My fault, I should have done more research.... It just was not a good fit for my dad.

This was also a lovely place that we took my Mom on a tour of. She also liked this place, but we wanted a bit more care for her than what was provided for her here. Lovely staff though!!!

We really enjoyed our visit to the residence. What a great idea to have a resident sitting with us for lunch. Information provided was clear and will be helpful with our future decision in choosing a residence. Thanks for caring and providing such a good facility for our retirees.

[Removed] is an excellent director! We hit it off right away during my first tour. Today was my second time there; Mom and I toured facilities then ate an excellent lunch; Mom staid a little longer to play tile rummy. [Removed] gave us a sample of treats & jam to take home. [Removed] also paid for Mom's taxi home ($59). We both enjoyed our visit. 8/10

Know what you need

This is a great facility for guests who require level 1 or 2 assistance. They are not equipped to handle level 3 or 4. The assessment of my wife's needs was misleading and inaccurate. They do not provide 24 hour nursing or aide services. Coverage is only from morning to approximately 9 PM.

Really loved this facility. [Removed] and her husband are friendly, kind and accommodating. I will go back w/ my parents when the weather is nicer and they feel ok to come to Calgary.

Arbour lake retirement residence

Everyone was very sincere and helpful. Top notch. It was a pleasure to be there. I will come back in 10 to 15 years. Awesome experience. Delightful and friendly staff. Overall rating 5

My mom is getting to be more social and she is enjoys talking to the residents and staff. She is happier and way better. She likes the meals they make. She has home-care assistance and they help her get up, put on her clothes is she needs help, put her socks on, get her to the in-house, and take her to all her meals. I absolutely would recommend this community.

Ken is a wealth of information! Facility, food and programs are great! Ken was very patient and helpful!

Very nice, clean and secure place. People were friendly, the food choices plentiful and delicious(3 chefs who prepare from scratch daily). Ken, the Community Director was an excellent source of information and a great tour guide who answered all our questions and more. When we entered there was a personal greeting on the bulletin board to us in the foyer. The place was tastefully decorated in fall colors. We enjoyed a delicious meal in the dining room and were able to talk to some of the residents, who gave rave reviews. An all inclusive resort style home with many scheduled activities and outings to keep your senior active.

Respite Care

Very nice caring and humble staff. My mom enjoyed her respite care.

We Really Enjoy This Community

My wife and I am doing pretty good since our move to this community. We do enjoy this community and everything they have to offer. It is a well-kept facility, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is excellent, they have been great to work with. The meals are excellent as well, we really like the meals. My wife has tried some new activities. Everything is working out very well and I would recommend it.

Boutique Senior Living

Arbour Lake is a small, friendly, and very welcoming senior's residence. It quickly felt like Grandma's home. Staff is exceptionally helpful and caring. People really went out of their way to smooth the transition and make her feel welcome.

A "cruise ship" model is used, and having cruised, I definitely felt the same vibrant, happy energy from the entertainment director. Something is always going on, and food is available 24 hours, just like a cruise ship.

Policies are designed to be respectful that this is, in fact, Grandma's home. For example, cots are available for her short term over night guests, and signing in and out is not required. Staff is actually paying attention to who comes and goes.

This is the third senior's residence Grandma has been in, and we couldn't be more impressed. Thank you, Arbour Lake!

Arbor Lake retirement

We first met with Ken of Arbor Lake retirement with a little anxiety as this was our first tour of seniors living communities. He quickly put my wife and I at ease. From that initial meeting to mom's move in and beyond, we found the whole experience very pleasant. The staff were very welcoming, the facility lovely. Mom adapted quickly and has made several friends with whom she eats with, and enjoys activities with both in and out of the facility. The menu so far superior to any other place we toured. I would definitely recommend Arbor Lake to people looking for a retirement community.

Bright and sunny; clean; homey; not a huge place; did not see many activity rooms; nice area of the city; nice views

Arbour Lake offers the charm and pastoral beauty of country living only minutes from Calgary, Alberta. Our retirement community is close to shops, restaurants and healthcare facilities, as well as arts and entertainment centres like Museum C, Calgary’s contemporary art museum and Arts Commons, where you can enjoy a play or symphony. The surrounding woodlands are home to native wildlife, and quail, duck and deer sightings are common. On a clear day, you can take in a spectacular vista of the Rocky Mountains, and west-facing apartments offer beautiful sunset views.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.